Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2011, 05:46 PM   #1
moniqueelaine
Mouseketeer

Anyone know anything about Dream room 7680

I read somewhere that the veranda has a obstructed view..Is this true?? Is it bad enough were we won't see the water and should I change rooms. I mean that is the whole point of getting a veranda is to be able to see the water or at least look out and see it..
Old 05-22-2011, 11:43 AM   #2
moniqueelaine
Mouseketeer

bumping this need some responses before I call to switch rooms
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2011, 02:20 PM   #3
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

Have you checked here: http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise...om-reports.cfm
Old 05-22-2011, 02:40 PM   #4
moniqueelaine
Mouseketeer

yea no pics or reports unfortunately but I am gonna keep studying and reading I would hate to call and I be wrong..that would be embarrassing lol gotta appear not to be such a newbie lol JK
Old 05-22-2011, 02:55 PM   #5
Big L.E.E
Earning My Ears

If the numbering on the pictures from http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2586763 are accurate, the view does look obstructed.

Last edited by Big L.E.E; 05-22-2011 at 03:01 PM.
Big L.E.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 02:59 PM   #6
moniqueelaine
Mouseketeer

Thats the exact thread that made me question were we are, think I am going to go ahead and call Disney and get a room change at least I won't spend all this time worrying about it...
Old 05-22-2011, 03:04 PM   #7
pbbtlchhk
Mouseketeer

My friend and I are going to be in this room 09/08 thru 09/11 and I am just like you....worried. I know it is obstructed, but I think we will still have a view. I have searched and searched and I cannot find any room reviews. I tried looking to see if there is another cabin available and it doesn't appear so.

When are you sailing?
Old 05-22-2011, 03:09 PM   #8
moniqueelaine
Mouseketeer

Ok so I just got off the phone with Disney and swapped rooms to 7152 now I am going to do some research on that one....I did have to pay a little more but oh well I want this to be as close to perfect as possible without really blowing the budget lol
Old 05-23-2011, 12:04 PM   #9
thepops
DIS Veteran

7182 is reviewed and it is the same cabin just on the other side of the ship. Report says abotu 1/3 of the verandah is blocked. I'm in 7680 for my cruise (7/5) but the ship is full, so I can't move. Maybe something will open up.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:20 PM   #10
Time4disney
Mouseketeer

I will be in cabin 7680 for the June 7 cruise. I will be glad to let everyone know our experience with the view of this room. When I asked a CM about this room on the phone, I was told it would be similar to a Navigator's Verandah like on the Magic or Wonder. I actually enjoyed staying in a NV cabin on the Wonder but I think the price of this room should not be the same as the room next door with no obstruction. I'm not going to let the view ruin my cruise but I hope DCL takes into consideration a price difference or reclassify these 6B rooms with this noticeable obstruction.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:16 PM   #11
Time4disney
Mouseketeer

Just stayed in Dream room 7680

I took some pictures of the obstruction from inside the room but I have to wait until DH can help me post the pics on here. Can anyone tell me how to post a pic?

Up until this trip I have only stayed in the Navigator's Verandah on the Wonder, and I found that room 7680 had a similar view, maybe even a bit better because you could see from your knees up. When looking out, part of the left side of the verandah was obstucted. I wouldn't mind staying in this room again. Now, if you are used to a completely unobstructed verandah, then you might be a bit disappointed in the view. The room was quiet until the ship changes motion to turn around to back in to Castaway Cay and Nassau. It didn't bother us much in fact, I'm glad it woke me up so that I could watch us approach the island. We had the same experience with the aft rooms on the Wonder so we were used to it. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Last edited by Time4disney; 06-16-2011 at 12:25 PM.
Time4disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:13 PM   #12
pbbtlchhk
Mouseketeer

I would love to see your pictures as my best friend and I are staying in that room 09-08-11 and we have been really concerned ever since we saw it was obstructed. When we booked this room, there was nothing noted that it was obstructed. Only mentioned it was a "soild white wall" - so, we are not sure what to expect.

Since I haven't posted pics in afew years, I forgot how. Sorry, wish I could be more help to you. I know there are a few posts here that says how to, I will try to find that for you!!

Thanks in advance
Old 06-15-2011, 07:45 AM   #13
conny264
DIS Veteran

Thanks for your review.We stayed in a Navigator Verandah before,so I know now what to expect.
But I have to ask you 2 more things:1.Is there a bench like at the Navigator or 2 chairs and 2: would you say that the space behind the obstruction is shielded from wind and sun,that would be important for me because of health reason.
Thanks in advance and I´ll look forward to your pictures.
greetings from Germany
Conny
conny264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 03:20 PM   #14
capttigger
Mouseketeer

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by conny264 View Post
Thanks for your review.We stayed in a Navigator Verandah before,so I know now what to expect.
But I have to ask you 2 more things:1.Is there a bench like at the Navigator or 2 chairs and 2: would you say that the space behind the obstruction is shielded from wind and sun,that would be important for me because of health reason.
Thanks in advance and I´ll look forward to your pictures.
greetings from Germany
Conny

This is Time4disneys husband and I can say that it has 2 chairs and a table no bench. You could sit behind the wall and not get in the sun or weather. Now I am not sure all the wind would miss you but it would not be to bad. Maybe tonight I can try to work on a picture of it as Sherrie has asked me to do.

capttigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:08 PM   #15
Time4disney
Mouseketeer

Talking

This is from inside the room looking out. Cabin 7680 on the Dream. Cat 7A

Last edited by Time4disney; 04-01-2013 at 01:37 PM.
Time4disney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: