Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2011, 03:49 PM   #16
momto2nenas
DIS Veteran

We decided since it was our final day at the parks we would skip the afternoon nap/rest time at the hotel.... big mistake. By the end of the day I think all 5 of us were ready for a meltdown and 1 or 2 of us might have actually had one.....*ahem myself and DD3... her's first

We did the required family photo stop in front of the castle back at Disneyland, met some characters, and rode the rides. This was a great day of touring b/c it was such low crowds.

We tourned Innovations for the first time too and it was awesome! A great way to spend some time if you have a lot of it and you've done everything else 1 million times.

We were back at California Adventure that evening for The World of Color show. We had gotten the blue ShowPasses that morning, got there very early like recommended and still didn't have a good viewing spot. It's just not set up for kids at all. My girls could not see a thing. The baby was asleep in the stroller so at least that left each of us adults to hold 1 kid and hope that they could see. We just were not enjoying it at all, then when the rainy drizzle started we made a command decision to leave before it was over. Sorry WOC, we didn't like you at all for our first time, but everything else looked pretty.

And that wraps up our cross country road trip with the Happiest Pit Stop on Earth! We left early the next morning straight up the I-5 in the rain and drove all day until we reached our new home for the next several years.

Living in California is not something we'd ever anticipated but we are loving the state and so happy to be a 1/2 day's drive to our beloved Disneyland!
momto2nenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:49 PM   #17
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

Love the trip report!!

Kaitlin: Lover of 5 Seconds of Summer, One Direction, Jonas, and Pageants
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6/14, 7/14 DLR: Too Many To Count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2011, 01:53 AM   #18
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Hi! I'm loving your TR! Your girls are so beautiful - you too! I love the little polka dot outfits! Tell your DH thank you for his service. I enjoyed your roadtrip photos - what a fun trip for the girls. Looks like your first day is off to a great start! I'm sorry WOC was a disappointment - maybe next time it will be more fun. Your night time pics are great! All your trip pics bring back so many memories -
1. DS lives in Texas - we drove that route backwards starting in OR to move he and his family there.
2. My dad worked at White Sands when i was little - we used to picnic at that park - it is strange - I love your family photo there
3. We just came back from Phoenix - we will be living there next year - yes, it is still beautiful in August - but it was hot!!! Of course Texas wasn't much different.
4. We were stationed in "Gold Country" at our last base before coming up here to Kingsley - DH is in the Guard - retiring next year!

Thanks for sharing and enjoy your new home!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: