Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2012, 05:35 PM   #136
wasnotafan
DIS Dad #481
Unfortunately my smartphone is smatter than I am
All that fresh air over the years has done me good

Bump.

Surely someone has something that they want to brag about. I can at least say that my kids haven't killed their classmates (each other) or made the teacher (SWMBO) quit this school year.
Sept/Oct 06 - POR Riverside Alligator Bayou
July 08 - POR Riverside Magnolia Bend
wasnotafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:34 AM   #137
Tigger's ally
Segway test dummy

My disney kids are older, took them on a Twins graduation trip a year and a half ago and it was my daughters 10th and the twin sons 8th trip. My daughter just recently graduated from an expensive private college (Reason its been over a year since our last trip ) and got married (Reason # 2 ) and started her job as a RN at a hospital about 30 minutes from where she lives. Got a $5000 singing bonus for a two year contract and already makes over $25 per hour.

I have coached my twin boys in baseball since they were 4 years old. This summer I coached them for the last time as they will be too old for legion ball next year. I left my coaches shoes both literally and figuratively on the field after their last game. They however thrill me each and every day as they contimue to play college ball. I am a 5'8" fourty eight year old dad that has a 6'5" pitcher and 6'3" catcher. I saw 47 college games last spring and my catcher either caught or played first base in all of them. My pitcher threw in 12 games. This year will be their sophomore year in a junior college with the catcher moving on up to D1 ball next year. My pitcher will probably be done after this spring. I relish the times I can see both of them working together in a game. It brings back memories of sitting on the back porch when they were 5 or 6 acting like a pitcher and a catcher that they had seen at Wrigley field. The fun we have had since is nothing short of amazing. I will miss it.

Here's to a great spring of fulfilling lifelong dreams

And did I mention we have a Dis trip already planned for when it's over?
Tigger's ally is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2012, 11:26 AM   #138
wasnotafan
DIS Dad #481

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger's ally View Post
My disney kids are older, took them on a Twins graduation trip a year and a half ago and it was my daughters 10th and the twin sons 8th trip. My daughter just recently graduated from an expensive private college (Reason its been over a year since our last trip ) and got married (Reason # 2 ) and started her job as a RN at a hospital about 30 minutes from where she lives. Got a $5000 singing bonus for a two year contract and already makes over $25 per hour.

I have coached my twin boys in baseball since they were 4 years old. This summer I coached them for the last time as they will be too old for legion ball next year. I left my coaches shoes both literally and figuratively on the field after their last game. They however thrill me each and every day as they contimue to play college ball. I am a 5'8" fourty eight year old dad that has a 6'5" pitcher and 6'3" catcher. I saw 47 college games last spring and my catcher either caught or played first base in all of them. My pitcher threw in 12 games. This year will be their sophomore year in a junior college with the catcher moving on up to D1 ball next year. My pitcher will probably be done after this spring. I relish the times I can see both of them working together in a game. It brings back memories of sitting on the back porch when they were 5 or 6 acting like a pitcher and a catcher that they had seen at Wrigley field. The fun we have had since is nothing short of amazing. I will miss it.

Here's to a great spring of fulfilling lifelong dreams

And did I mention we have a Dis trip already planned for when it's over?
Congratulations on a job well done. Sounds like you raised them right.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:03 PM   #139
mm1971
DIS Veteran

My DS started 7th grade this year. All accelerated classes in a strong school system. Got note that I could look at his grades online before they send them next week. High Honors...A.A.A.A.A.A.....Awesome start. Really proud of how he is taking schoolwork seriously this year and growing up at 12.5 year old.

Plan to keep it secret from mom until the grades are sent out and let her open the envelope.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:18 PM   #140
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
My DS started 7th grade this year. All accelerated classes in a strong school system. Got note that I could look at his grades online before they send them next week. High Honors...A.A.A.A.A.A.....Awesome start. Really proud of how he is taking schoolwork seriously this year and growing up at 12.5 year old.

Plan to keep it secret from mom until the grades are sent out and let her open the envelope.
Awesome is right.
cj9200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:25 PM   #141
wasnotafan
DIS Dad #481

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post

for your son. Way to start out!
Old 11-05-2012, 07:04 AM   #142
Jousey
Dis Dad #694
All I can think of is a pole dancer
Is there a pill for this condition or do I just keep up the cycle of going to Disney

Ok have to brag about myself for a moment. We rarely get recognized at work and when we do its like "thanks for doing a good job". I was informed the other day that me and a few other coworkers are receiving a Bravo award for excellence. I guess these are reserved for nursing but about three of us are receiving them this year, it comes with a $100 check so that is nice and receiving the award from the VP is even nicer.

Jousey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:24 PM   #143
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jousey View Post
Ok have to brag about myself for a moment. We rarely get recognized at work and when we do its like "thanks for doing a good job". I was informed the other day that me and a few other coworkers are receiving a Bravo award for excellence. I guess these are reserved for nursing but about three of us are receiving them this year, it comes with a $100 check so that is nice and receiving the award from the VP is even nicer.
Congratulations! It's great to be recognized, especially in the current job market. That $100 will buy exactly 11.2 Dole Whips from what I remember. Of course that also means you need to go to DW once a month to pick them up.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:33 AM   #144
Wherem I Now
DIS Dad #30
29+85+77+26+95+4=FUN

Last night, DD16 was inducted into the National Honors Society!

Don't know where that kid gets it from. I just didn't have that level of motivation at her age. Very proud of her though.
#30 King of the house, ruled by the Queen, and overrun by Princesses (18,16,8)

1978, 6/91 DisneyMoon, 10/94 DVL, 10/00 1st trip with DD's, 1/03, 1/05, 1/06 DCL Wonder. 4/06 Bonus day after business trip, 1/07 1st trip for 3rd DD, 6/07, 8/08 "Resort Hopper Trip", 1/09, 10/10, 5/11 DCL Dream, 4/12 OKW, 6/13 DCL Dream & OKW
Wherem I Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:47 AM   #145
wasnotafan
DIS Dad #481

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wherem I Now View Post

Don't know where that kid gets it from. I just didn't have that level of motivation at her age. Very proud of her though.
Congratulations!
Old 11-09-2012, 10:52 AM   #146
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wherem I Now View Post

Congrats to her!

I run our hoop program locally and just finished writing 2 letters of recommendation for a couple of high school players that have been volunteer coaching. From what I was reading it is very difficult and a great honor.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:28 PM   #147
Goofy + 3
DDC 400
Remember, it's ok to cry a little. Not too much, just a little

Has it really been over 4 months since we've had something to brag about? C'mon dads!

Anyway, we just got the letter this weekend that our oldest, Anna, has been invited to the gifted students program for the next three years. Plenty of kids are tested, many are allowed to take part in the "on-site" program at their current schools, but a very select few (probably fewer than 10 kids from the five 2nd grade classes) are invited to go to a different school for grades 3-5 where they'll be allowed to spread their wings so to speak. That's the one she qualified for. Once there, she'll be joined by similar students from other schools. The only down side is that none of her friends made it.

We'll probably send her, but we haven't told her yet. We'll do that right before the open house. I'm excited to give her my Top Gun speech ("You're the best of the best- the top 1%") but I just don't think she'll appreciate it.
DIS Dad #400
Goofy + 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:15 PM   #148
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy + 3 View Post
Has it really been over 4 months since we've had something to brag about? C'mon dads!

Anyway, we just got the letter this weekend that our oldest, Anna, has been invited to the gifted students program for the next three years. Plenty of kids are tested, many are allowed to take part in the "on-site" program at their current schools, but a very select few (probably fewer than 10 kids from the five 2nd grade classes) are invited to go to a different school for grades 3-5 where they'll be allowed to spread their wings so to speak. That's the one she qualified for. Once there, she'll be joined by similar students from other schools. The only down side is that none of her friends made it.

We'll probably send her, but we haven't told her yet. We'll do that right before the open house. I'm excited to give her my Top Gun speech ("You're the best of the best- the top 1%") but I just don't think she'll appreciate it.
Congrats to your DD!

This is for her,

Cinderella's Fella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:44 PM   #149
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy + 3 View Post

Congratulations to her!

Nothing really to report yet. Trimester 2 grades not out yet, sports seasons went well, but are in limbo. I guess it has been a few months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
Congrats to your DD!

This is for her,

I think I'll show this to my DD as motivation.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:26 PM   #150
Wherem I Now
DIS Dad #30
29+85+77+26+95+4=FUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy + 3

Congratulations to her!

To her parents I say Good Job! Kids don't get to that level completely on their own. They need the encouragement and support of good parents!
#30 King of the house, ruled by the Queen, and overrun by Princesses (18,16,8)

1978, 6/91 DisneyMoon, 10/94 DVL, 10/00 1st trip with DD's, 1/03, 1/05, 1/06 DCL Wonder. 4/06 Bonus day after business trip, 1/07 1st trip for 3rd DD, 6/07, 8/08 "Resort Hopper Trip", 1/09, 10/10, 5/11 DCL Dream, 4/12 OKW, 6/13 DCL Dream & OKW
Wherem I Now is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: