Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2011, 12:07 PM   #46
MommaMouse411
Always dreaming of Disney

hi sumlee! I know I can't wait..I haven't made any updates..because well I've wanted to wait till I pay my cruise off till I do..hopefully it'll be this week. if I have time...

been so busy at work
MommaMouse411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:44 AM   #47
MommaMouse411

paid my cruise off will be back with an update
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2011, 12:49 PM   #48
MommaMouse411

So. I am paid up...and was only able to book a Palo Dinner. I booked for the 2nd day which is the Key West day.

I am hoping I can get a HIgh Tea

otherwise I booked couple hours a day in nursery for Manuelito..

I have been soo busy..but I haven't stopped thinking of the cruise..

I have found some amazing deals on some kids clothes (consignment store)...I don't think I have the pictures up..but here is a couple of items

I know I bought some more items..but haven't taken the pictures yet...I'll add those to a future post.

I also bought all the products for my FE list and I am hoping to print out all the magnets in the next couple weeks to get started on that.

Now the FE gifts..I have to still paint them and put them together!! and I found something cool for the little girls on the cruise. I just still not sure what to get the boys!!!! ahhhhh..you think it would be easy since I have boys..i did find one thing for each the boys..but I wanted to make them something but everything I think of is wayyyyy to big..and so I'm still debating on what to do...
Old 08-12-2011, 01:30 PM   #49
MommaMouse411

Okay, so I booked a brunch after all on my Key West day!!

and I booked another Palo dinner on Day 7, Castaway Cay day...I may or may not keep that one..it depends on my dinner rotation.

I also completed my budget for the trip..

that's inlcuding MNSSHP...

I'm going to have to be real disciplined!!!

I plan to pay for the MNSSHP within this Month.
Next Month pay for Boatswain Trip online since they give a discount
Then Book the room early october and pay for that.

everything else is ship related.

So the plan is
OCt 28th, head to Contemporary in the morning to have breakfast with Chef Mickey. Then head to either Magic Kingdom or animal kingdom. If I do AK, then I'll eat at AK Flame Tree before we leave as I don't like much of the offerings in MK.

We'll leave around 6pm so we can get to MK around 7pm..I've been early before (4pm) and really its just me looking at the time waiting for the party to start...

I'm 100% sure we will be taking pictures with Mickey first in his costume. then we'll walk around trick or treating. Taking pics here and there. Trick or treat again. We are probably going to do the first Parade. I know..but I want Miguel and Manuel to dance the night away with Stitch over at Club 626. I'll have to buy as soon as I get there as well!!

Once we're done, we'll head over to the hotel. Hopefully get to bed at 1:30am.

Aiming to sleep till 8am..but my internal alarm clock will get me up earlier I know that. but either way..would like to get to terminal around 10:30..

I did reserve my parking spot at Radisson (today)..so I have to go there first and hope that they can get me to the terminal at 10:30-11am. I'd hate to go anytime after that but if thats the case..I'll just have to breathe in and out...wooooosa....

Check in..hopefully a breeze, then pic with Mickey or Minnie.

Once we are onboard...we'll go to guest services..put cash on my account.

Head over to the Oceannears Club.

Once we are done with all that, go eat...cuz I know as soon as I'm on the Ship..my stomach expands and I'm hungry all the time.

We'll play in splash pad a little, miguel in the pool.

then we'll go meet my DISgroup over at the Promenade Lounge.

Do muster drill

And then check out the sail away party

dinner

and I think i'll be relaxing and skipping out on the show.

Thats how I got that day in my head..how it will turn out...who knows!

As Day 2 (Key West)
I have brunch at 11am then after brunch, I'll get off the ship with the boys and we'll go to the Butterfly Conservatory..and head back by 5pm. As I have Palo Dinner that night at 6pm. No show this night for us

Day 3 At sea..some nursery time for Manuel so Miguel and I can play in the pool in the afternoon..then its Halloween so we'll do the trick or treating. then do the show..this is also "Formal Night" usually...but if thats the case...I doubt we'll participate in the "formal" part of the evening.
Day 4 Grand Cayman..heading out to Boatswain at 8:30am, then head back 12:30....we'lll probably play at the pooll..whatever..if I can catch the Villains Show early then that'll be the plan..so our evening can be free..

Day 5 Cozumel...not getting off ship..so I booked some nursery times in afternoon to play in pool with miguel.

Day 6 At Sea nada planned, some nursery times

Day 7 Castaway Cay..1st ones off ship, last ones on ship? lol then Palo Dinner at 6pm

then cry as the vacation will be over...and now I have to drive all the way back home and get my mind ready for the HOLIDAYS!!!!

and hopefully plan 4 days 1st week in Dec at WDW!!!!
Old 08-17-2011, 01:32 AM   #50
sumlee
Mouseketeer

Wow! Sounds like you've got it all planned out! You're making me feel so unprepared! Glad you got some Palo reservations! I think we're skipping Palo this time, so I'll have to live vicariously through you. We are also doing MNSSHP, but it will be on thurs. We are spending a week at WDW and Port Orleans Riverside. Let's see...what else are we doing...probably the trolly and some shopping in Key West...the kids are going with Nana and Papa to Boatswains while DH and I do some SCUBA in GC...Cozumel will be the Tulum ruins tour...and Castaway Cay will be a little bit of everything I think. That's about all I have planned. I'm pretty sure they're going to be dragging me kicking and screaming off the ship when Nov 5th comes around!

Keep up the great pre trip report! You are giving me lots of good ideas!

sumlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:27 AM   #51
MommaMouse411

hey sumlee..the ruins sound nice.. I don't want to venture too much off the ship with the kids..Key West and Grand Cayman I've been couple times so I feel safe enough to go off the ship and do our thing.

My friends also zip lined in cozumel...they said that was fun. I've been to Cozumel but we did the ATV Jungle thing..it was awesome..but I didn't care too much for the island...

my boss has also scuba'd off GC...very nice he said.

One week in WDW and then a cruise...wow if only I could pull that off..but I can't take off more than 10 days at a time

Last edited by MommaMouse411; 08-17-2011 at 10:38 AM.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:58 PM   #52
MommaMouse411

Hello there.

Just wanted to share with you all that my kids and I took a mini trip to Miami.

We went to the Miami Zoo on Saturday and Lion Country Safari on Sunday...wow what a great time..I really wish I had made it to both zoos at opening but its hard when you have to get 4 kids ready in the morning..

I stayed with a good friend of mine...she's such a good mom....love her!!

but so we got to Miami Zoo around noon..the park was empty due to the morning thunderstorms..but we got to see about 1/2 the zoo...Miguel was having a ball playing with his new friend and checking out the new animals.

I love how the exhibits are made..its all eye level..and so close....I didn't get to see the lion as they had him in Asia....I know there we Lions in Asia (King of the Jungle)....but I had hoped they were in Africa as that is were we started. there's a lot of neat things for the kids to do. Radio DIsney was there but we were on a mission so we couldn't hang out and dance..

We did get to meet Diego..my son was happy about that.

On Sunday we went to Lion Country Safari, in West Palm Beach..this is something that you have to do if you are in the area ever for vacation. They had like 9 lions/lioness. We got very close to the other animals (Lions are fenced in as well as the Black Rhino, and the chimpanzees/gibbons are on an island)...An ostrich was pecking at the cars...he was funny. After the safari we were only able to do a couple rides, and then let the kids play in the huge splash pad..it was probably the best splash pad I have seen at any zoo/park.

Here's a couple pics:

Lion Country Safari:
Old 08-22-2011, 01:10 PM   #53
MommaMouse411

Here's some more:

Miami Zoo:

Old 09-09-2011, 12:11 PM   #54
MommaMouse411

well looks like my original pre plans will have to change..

we got a 5% pay cut at work (everybody)...so that means I have to rebudget my trip..

since I live in Fl...I can do MNSSHP earlier in OCt to save some money..and i haven't decided on Chef Mickey's yet.

Things I need to have money for

Tips
Parking
Gas for Car
Souvenirs
Pictures
Palo Dinner/Brunch
Nursery

so I might have to just drive across to Port Canaveral saturday morning...ugh...I'm not a 100% yet..I will wait mid Oct to make any drastic decisions..

I did cancel my extra palo dinner & nursery time. sigh...

but am keepin my brunch/dinner. however however however...if I can get a high tea ressie I will let go my brunch...I know blasphemy!!!
Old 09-10-2011, 01:32 PM   #55
knewton64
If it is "5 o'clock somewhere," does that mean it can be 5 o'clock anywhere and all the time?

Smile SUBBIn!!

cant wait to hear more.

hang in there about budgeting. group hugs coming your way.

T.T.F.N.
My "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE N KEY WEST, COZUMEL & G CAYMAN DCL TRIP REPORT; JAN'12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N NEW YORK CITY" TRIP REPORT; SEPT '12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N SAN FRAN, ROSE BOWL, ROSE BOWL PARADE & COASTAL CALIFORNIA" TRIP REPORT (w/pics & video)- DEC '13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N ENGLAND, SCOTLAND & WALES" TRIP REPORT - August '14 (w/pics & video)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....errerid=208040
MY "ADVENTURES N DISNEYLAND, CATALINA ISLAND & OTHER ASSORTED SO CAL STUFF" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT; CHRISTMAS / NYE 2014
MY "ADVENTURES N WALT DISNEY WORLD & NASSAU BAHAMAS OVeR CHRISTMAS /NYE 2015" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT
knewton64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:28 AM   #56
mnrhannah07
1,287 miles from WDW

I'm sorry to hear about your plans! I was actually coming over to check and see if you gave in and decided to stay at POP pre-cruise! I totally know how you feel about getting pay cuts, my husband is a sheriff for Milwaukee County. Our new gov. has passed all these new bills and two of them is rising insurance and rising pension contribution..it takes away a good $65 per check, which is alot when your planning a trip! We leave in Nov and it takes away a good $300-$400 before our trip! Not totally sure we can make it up, so we will have to scale back as well! Hope all is well besides that!
Old 09-12-2011, 11:31 AM   #57
MommaMouse411

knewton/hanna..thanks!!

I just got hit again..my alternator went out...hahahahahahahahahahahaha

bring it on..

so i'm thinking we either don't do MNSSHP...or I don't buy a halloween costume which is $60 and I definitely skip brunch $20, plus $18 nursery charge, plus the tip $10).....I'd hate to be without a costume..but if anything I can just buy a spiderman shirt and wear that with some make shift spiderman eyes.

oh yea...we are all going to be spiderman for halloween...well my kids got their costumes...I bought them at consignment shop...$6 a piece!!
Old 09-14-2011, 04:01 PM   #58
sumlee
Mouseketeer

So sorry about your pay cut! AND the car trouble! What rotten timing! It's a bummer to have to cut things out!

Have you tried looking for a used costume for you on eBay? A lot of times you can find a costume in like new condition because people only wear them one night! Great deal on the boys costumes!

Old 09-14-2011, 04:56 PM   #59
sumlee
Mouseketeer

So sorry about your pay cut! AND the car trouble! What rotten timing! It's a bummer to have to cut things out!

Have you tried looking for a used costume for you on eBay? A lot of times you can find a costume in like new condition because people only wear them one night! Great deal on the boys costumes!

Old 09-15-2011, 12:35 PM   #60
MommaMouse411

sumlee..i've got my eye on ebay...worse case scenerio is I buy a spiderman tshirt and make my eyeglasses..I think I can figure out how to do..

so check this out...I thought I booked Palo Dinner on key west (2nd day) day for 6pm..well no I didn't...luckily there were some Palo Dinner's on boarding day...great right! well I booked it...so I'll miss a few things but am not worried..my goal was to have Palo Dinner this time around..unbelievable..sometimes my mind is

So lets hope I get my suitcases by 5pm...at least that gets me time to play around with the kids and relax and go to a late dinner..and not worry about the show..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: