Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2011, 11:46 AM   #31
MommaMouse411
Always dreaming of Disney

Honey I shrunk the kids

after lunch we headed to Honey I Shrunk The Kids playarea...this was fun..we hung out here for awhile.

MommaMouse411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 12:02 PM   #32
MommaMouse411

The Dark Force

These were fun to do..

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-07-2011, 12:27 PM   #33
MommaMouse411

I was hoping to be able to get over to Star Tours to take pics with Chewbakka and Wicket..but we got there too late..it was already 7pm. We were able to get pics of them leaving the meet & greet area. and that was about it. THey were getting ready for the 8pm show..I didn't want to stick around for that so we left. I changed the boys clothes and headed back to the car. I loaded the kids up in the car first, and then the stroller and bags, and when I hit reverse and looked back Miguel was KNOCKED OUT....lol

They both slept all the way home. But when we got to my mothers house they got up and stayed up till like 2am.. :blink: i was exhausted.

But definitely going to do this next year and make it a two day event. Miguel is still playing with his Star Wars toys so I need to rent the movies and see if he likes them...

I forgot to mention..Miguel didn't forget about his red gun...I had to go back and get it or it was going to be ugly. dam indiana jones!
Old 06-14-2011, 12:23 PM   #34
HigginsFamily3
Mouseketeer

Greetings...

I love that you are so open with all the info you have regarding your trips to WDW and on DCL. For those of us who have never done either it is such a great relief to be able to get a "heads up" on what to expect.

We are traveling on the Oct. 29th cruise (I have joined that thread already) but we are also spending a week in Orlando before the cruise.

I am looking for any advise you can give when traveling with a small child. My DH and I don't really care for rides or the waterparks so this is all about her.

Thanks again!!! Can't wait to see you in October.
HigginsFamily3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:36 PM   #35
CherylSue
Mouseketeer

Great PTR! Love the pics! We were thinking about Star Wars weekend for next year.....I'm buying our annual passes for Disney next month since our Universal passes end this month.....if I see anymore Harry Potter land I'm gonna SCREAM! LOL!

Anywho...Love the pics and that little baby of yours has gotten BIG!!!

DH - Sean Me - Cheryl DD(15) - Victoria

CherylSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:46 PM   #36
MommaMouse411

Higginsfamily3! I saw you posted in our thread! welcome to my PTR...
I will glad to give any advice..but the #1 way for me to learn about our disney trips was reading other peoples Trip Reports as well...I stay on disboards for research everyday!

the cruise is going to be sooooo much fun... I forgot to add in my post under our dis meet but I am bringing two costumes for each of us for the cruise...our halloween costume and the pirate costume...now maybe that might be too much for packing purposes, but they do sell pirate costumes on board.

hey cheryl sue..I have yet to make it out to WWOHP!!!! and I think I'm going to go for christmas this year..I was reading SHadowryters Trip REport and it looks like Universal/IOA might be better for MIguel now that he's older....and hte baby is getting big!! my boys are growing up so fast...
Old 06-15-2011, 01:34 PM   #37
MommaMouse411

update

So not much going on..just trying to save my pennies as we get closer to the 90 day mark!! I bought a few things from Disney Store...they are doing their twice upon a year sale:

Swim trunks for Miguel. Shirt for Manuel, and flip flops for Momma.

I have some items on Ebay that I am watching. I have to start buying some shorts for me because I just don't have any..and this is a 7day trip so I 'll need a few pairs. I told myself not to spend too much money on clothes but as I looked through my closet...seems like I still need a few things

I have nothing planned for this next few weeks due but hoping to head out to Seaworld/Aquatica for 4th of July weekend.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:57 PM   #38
shasess
My Disney Princess!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaMouse411 View Post
So not much going on..just trying to save my pennies as we get closer to the 90 day mark!! I bought a few things from Disney Store...they are doing their twice upon a year sale:

Swim trunks for Miguel. Shirt for Manuel, and flip flops for Momma.

I have some items on Ebay that I am watching. I have to start buying some shorts for me because I just don't have any..and this is a 7day trip so I 'll need a few pairs. I told myself not to spend too much money on clothes but as I looked through my closet...seems like I still need a few things

I have nothing planned for this next few weeks due but hoping to head out to Seaworld/Aquatica for 4th of July weekend.
I love your items from The Disney Store. Hopefully I will get a chance to go to our Disney Store on Friday. I am trying to find our girls some dresses for Formal night. I have seen so many "post Prom" deals on dresses. Did you say that you are getting tuxes for your boys for formal night? They are so, so adorable by the way!!!!
Old 06-15-2011, 02:09 PM   #39
MommaMouse411

I haven't decided for the formal night...I saw a mickey mouse tuxedo costume on ebay..although the auction ended, I'm sure I can find something similar

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT
Old 06-17-2011, 02:48 PM   #40
MommaMouse411

Spent some more money on clothes but it was a deal..

I'll post pics next week..

@ Walmart

bought Pink PJs with Minnie Mouse (says Bon Voyage)..shirt $5, pants $7

bought MIguel and Manuel matching Lightning McQueen tee/shorts set @ $7.50 a piece!!!

i almost bought them swim shoes..but last time I went overboard with shoes and bought everything a size 4...well Manuel just barely growing out of his size 3 shoes..unlike Miguel who was a size 4 at 8months.

So I'll just wait on those maybe more so around august.

I still do not see any muscle tees out yet for the boys..I'm wondering if I missed them!!!!!!

There was a pair of minnie mouse gray and pink shorts I almost bought but they are pretty short shorts...so I skipped out on those..

OAN: I'm hoping to do a garage sale this weekend so I can get some $$$ for the cruise. I have a lot of baby stuff that needs to go...
Old 06-19-2011, 08:07 PM   #41
HigginsFamily3
Mouseketeer

Hi MommaMouse,

I'm so glad I subscribed to your thread. I have discovered so much information I didn't know was out there.

I have even found someone who posted information about the room we have been assigned on the cruise which was such a relief since I wasn't sure if it was going to be a good room or not.

I have ordered some artwork from some of the DISigners for our room magnets, t-shirts and invite letters for my daughter to lunches and dinners while at WDW.

After I saw your post about the sale at Disney I ended up going to one we have here (which is very limited) but did find a couple of things for my daughter. Sunglasses ($1, hats $2.50, bathing suit $7, bathing suit cover-up $10, water bottles with the attached coozi and lanyards $4 (I hope these will be good for our trip to WDW).

I got some ideas for FE gifts from reading several of the other threads. I've been looking all over for Disney material to try and make my FE hanger but as of yet haven't found anything I am interested in. I did however find some old material around the house that we are going to use for a practice run and if it comes out decent I will use it to hang in my DD's room to put some of her art supplies in. When I get it finished I'll post some pictures if interested.

I'm still trying to figure out what to do for the FE exchange. I guess it will depend on the total number of people participating. I don't know if I will do a bunch of little things or a big gift for each room. I've read some post where they had over a hundred people participating in the FE exchange. (Sounds like fun but will also add up in cost). For us, we are on a very tight budget so this could be a problem if it gets to be too many people.

I know you are also the FE exchange keeper for our cruise in October so is there a time frame for when the FE list closes? Is there generally a set number of participants accepted?

Well I guess I have rambled enough for tonight. Hope you have a great week. I'm sure I will be posting more during the next couple of weeks.

HigginsFamily3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:49 AM   #42
MommaMouse411

Higgins! I'm glad you are finding this informative as thats why I do it..I know how it is to be on a budget...despite all my shopping sprees...I am always on a budget..if I wasnt I wouldn't be able to do the things I want to do like go to Disney & DCL...

I definitely want to see pictures of finished FE...I keep telling myself I'm going to use the same one I did last year..but I know how I am..when it gets closer to the date I'm going to want to make a new one.

also we'll probably cut if off in Sept some time (FE List)

as for FE"s ...don't go crazy with the gifts. maybe do 1 item per cabin and some candy for the kids since it is halloween.

I'm making my gifts. I came up with another idea..I"m doing one gift per cabin, and those with kids the girls will get a homemade item and some candy, and the boys will get a not homemade item and some candy, and other little gifts I am finding for $1.00 or under. But even the homemade items I'm making...all under $1.00..I just had to buy the supplies I needed.

Dollar Tree/Michaels/Target/Walmart are my shopping places. I already know what I'm getting the boys in the Cruise meet.

Last edited by MommaMouse411; 06-20-2011 at 09:55 AM.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:10 AM   #43
MommaMouse411

another update

so this weekend since it was father's day, I tried to stay away from the boys so their dad can have their quality time. Even though we are not together, he prefers to be in my house with the kids since they have all their stuff there..just one of those things...anywayyyyyy...so I went to a ball game on Saturday...and it was fun. I was tired though. Its funny I can go from open to close at Magic Kingdom and wake up for a 9am ressie the next day with no problems... but anything else I'm always sleepy or tired.

Well I also decided I needed to start on my FE project...and I only did a prototype of what I'm making and it came out good. I don't have a clue about decorating..but I think for the very lowly amateur skills that I don't have, I did okay...I want to post but I don't want my DisMeet Mates to see it. If you want to see what I made then you can PM me, and if you are not in my meet, I'll send you the images. I really liked them.

But I also went shopping again. I had some xtra $$ so what did I do..spent it on Disney Cruise stuff..

I alway go to Thrift stores/consignment stores to find things but I only found a few VHS tapes for under $1.00..one of my finds was Whispers, An Elephant Tale we haven't watched it yet as Manuelito destroyed my dvd part of my dvd/vhs player so I had to buy another DVD player (I bought it off craigslist for $5!! works perfectly). So the issue is I have only one set of cords..we'll watch it this weekend.

I also found a Star Wars shirt for Miguel for $3. The consignment store also had a Jedi costume for $10..I thought that was pricey for a used item but I said if its there in 2wks, I'll buy it. Its for miguel but its a little big. Since he is now into star wars it might be worth to have it.

Of course like I posted before I found some things on sale at walmart and then I went to another walmart and those same items were NOT on sale..kind of weird. So no I'm going to have to remember to try both walmarts for disney stuff.

Here's the items:

$7.50 a set

$5 top, $7 bottoms

Shirts were $5 a piece, shorts are $3.50

I don't know if I shared this but I bought this from Disney Store too..it was like $4.99

I bought two cowboy hats from walmart for our Halloween Costumes ($5 a hat)

I just left the Disney Store and I didn't see anything that I really need. amazing. They have these women's tees for $14.99. If they are there on friday. I might buy one of them. if not I wont be disappointed. They are a softer material so I assume thats whey they are more expensive then the cotton shirts.

Well this weekend my kids father wanted to do something with them and I am like dying to go to seaworld...so it looks like we might be stuck going fo r4th of July weekend which I know its going to be a madhouse!!!!! We'll see.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:44 PM   #44
MommaMouse411

on saturday the boys and I went to Seaworld! My goal was for us to see One Ocean. Which we did..I liked it...but the songs will have to grow on me...I loved Believe..but I was happy to see Tilly..I know some folks are not but you know..this poor thing is cooped up in a small tank for the rest of his life...anyway I don't want to go into my views on Tilly...but it was nice to see a show...We sat in the splash zone but only got sprinkled...next time I think I know where we have to sit to get soaked...

We also stayed and watched shamu rocks...my son is still singing I LOVE ROCK AND ROLL...while he flips his toy shamus in the air.

We ate at Spice Mill..I dislike that restaurant's setup..it always takes forever to get your burgers? why? they are already cooked!! anyway...I spent $22 on food which wasn't bad with 20% discount I got..but then I passed the PIzza Buffett at the cafe next to the allure show..ugh..I should've known Seaworld would have the same thing as busch gardens...well now I know for next time..

Miguel was a little cranky because he wouldn't take a nap so I spent some time trying to pursuade him to do some things..but overall we had fun..

We left at 10pm..and stopped at Mcdonalds which I believe everybody else who left a theme park was at..(Champions Gate)...so it took us some time to get our food and we ate it there at the parking lot.

I didn't get home till like 12:30am..we didn't go to bed till like 1:30am.

Sunday and Monday we just layed around and watched movies.

Old 07-30-2011, 07:00 AM   #45
sumlee
Mouseketeer

Enjoying your PTR! This is going to be so fun!

sumlee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: