Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2011, 12:17 PM   #16
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Just jumping on to say we did the Halloween Western cruise on the Magic in October 30 - November 6th.

We had a great time. It's a fantastic time to cruise!
Old 05-26-2011, 05:11 PM   #17
MommaMouse411
Always dreaming of Disney

@JKSWonder! Hello! THank you for reading...I read like 3 TR's from last year during that time and it seemed like they have a blast...so I cannot wait...
Were you part of the Dismeets for the group last year?
MommaMouse411 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-27-2011, 09:18 AM   #18
mnrhannah07
1,287 miles from WDW

I totally understand about the baby belly, I look down and cant figure out why everything else is shaping up nicely I LOVE zumba, actually try to go 4 times a week..did you enjoy your class?
Old 05-27-2011, 11:12 AM   #19
MommaMouse411

@MNRHannah....I did go to Zumba!!! I was huffing and puffing! and I went yesterday to do a weight training class...I'm so sore today but I am heading tonight to another zumba class. So hopefully starting next week I can do some sort of exercise at least 4 times a week as well. I'm sure all the rice and beans I eat doesn't help my waistline...but I'm still nursing my little one (Manuelito) at night and early morning so I can't really diet!!!!

Its so sad, I have to wear my maternity bathing suit because the top flows out to hide my belly!! Lol...oh well...

On a side note:

I finally bought the flatware from Disney Store! @ $15..and they have a new fragrance line...Imagination...smells good..they are coming out with more scents! Right now they only have candles, hand wash, hand cream, room spray. but the Pixie Dust and Princess one will have perfume.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:43 PM   #20
shasess
My Disney Princess!!!

Great PTR! I love your enthusiasm about your upcoming cruise! I just booked the Halloween cruise today and I'm so looking forwarding to gathering info. I did a search for Halloween cruise info and your PTR came up. Thank you for posting the Radisson info. We stayed and parked at the Radisson for our first cruise but I would love to just pay to park at the Radisson and maybe stay at a Disney Hotel the night before the cruise. We are also thinking about attending MNSSHP but we attended the party last September and our girls might prefer to spend a day at WWOHP. Thanks again for posting! Can't wait to read more!
Old 05-31-2011, 11:48 AM   #21
MommaMouse411

Hi Shasess!
thanks for joining...did you join our meet group? I'm assuming you are on this halloween cruise
I'm always trying to find a "WAY" to save money....so the Radisson parking fee is much cheaper for us...
Old 05-31-2011, 06:49 PM   #22
shasess
My Disney Princess!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaMouse411 View Post
Hi Shasess!
thanks for joining...did you join our meet group? I'm assuming you are on this halloween cruise
I'm always trying to find a "WAY" to save money....so the Radisson parking fee is much cheaper for us...
Yes, it is THIS halloween cruise! I have "peeked" at the meet group thread but I have not joined yet. Happy planning!
Old 06-01-2011, 09:37 AM   #23
MommaMouse411

@ shasess....we are a small group, small group....we kind of assumed that everyone's booked for the Dream lol..so my hope is that closer to the date, they'll give me a discount on a verandah like they did before!!!!!
Old 06-01-2011, 10:58 AM   #24
shasess
My Disney Princess!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaMouse411 View Post
@ shasess....we are a small group, small group....we kind of assumed that everyone's booked for the Dream lol..so my hope is that closer to the date, they'll give me a discount on a verandah like they did before!!!!!
That would be amazing wouldn't it!!! I noticed that the meet group seemed a little small. I have been a member of two meet groups in the past. One really big and active and one that was small and very quiet. Both were great to be apart of but I will say that the active one was a lot of fun. I noticed that the 2010 Halloween meet group was really, really active. I have been reading a couple of trip reports from that cruise and they had some major planners in that group! It looks like they had loads of fun! I'm sure that we will have a blast as well.

Oh yeah, I think that it's awesome that you are taking your boys on a cruise by yourself. Before I met my DH I had taken my DD on several trips to Disney with just the 2 of us. A lot of people would say I just don't see how you go with her alone but I cherish the memories of our mother daughter trips. I’d do it again in a heart beat!
Old 06-01-2011, 11:02 AM   #25
MommaMouse411

Update

Not much going on...

I believe I am done collecting disigns for Magnets for the cabin door. Now I have to start collecting peel & stick magnets from Walmart..I have a few left over from last cruise...I also have to get the laminates for the magnets and the laminates for our luggage tags and I've found those at Kmart again.

(I still have my luggage tags from last cruise...I think I'm always going to remember that first cruise...)

I also thought I'd find some muscle shirts for the boys at Walmart since its boiling hot here in Fla. I figured these will be out already But nothing yet...and the white tees they have for sale have pockets on them so I can't use for our boarding shirts. So I'm still on the hunt for white tees..and I'm not going to buy Michael's tees..they fit me funny and fit Miguel way too big and they don't even carry sizes smaller for Manuelito.

I think for my FE's I found a company that would do what I want...I promise to post the picture of the FE's when the cruise is over in my TR. But I'm thinking since its Halloween of course to give out candy as well...my hopes is that I can find Disney themed candy around that time so I can put them in baggies with a nice Topper. Along with a few other things...

I've been pricing luggage and seems like I'm just going to go with a Walmart luggage set thats not going to cost me much..I have to get the very big suitcase so I can put all my and my kids clothes in one suitcase. And since I know more or less how things are going to be on the cruise, I will pack better, so I'm really hoping to only need 6 bags for check in and a couple bags for carry on.

Last time I brought soo many toys and beach toys...I already know I'm going to buy my kids toys on the ship so I only have to bring a few things..and as far as beach toys..I'm just bringing two buckets and two shovels. Sheesh, I brought a tent, about 7 buckets, 10 differnet shovels, beach balls, floating devices...lol...I went to the beach this past sunday...the kids were into spalshing in the water and putting their HANDS in the sand not the shovels.

As for shoes..I'm going to need a whole bag..I'm sorry I can't decide on shoes...I know I'll bring more than I need but I just can't help it.

And I'm sure I'm going to need one bag/suitcase for my FE gifts...last time I used a 19" suitcase for the FE gifts..thinking that I would come back lighter HA HA HA everybody gave my kids and I the same amount of gifts I brought and not to mention now I have to stuff all the souvenirs into the suitcase...DOH

Well like I said not much going on. I'm debating on going to DHS this Saturday for Star Wars Weekend. Miguel wants to see Neendy Ana Jones... especially since he saw some of the movie this past weekend.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:13 PM   #26
MommaMouse411

Quote:
Originally Posted by shasess View Post
That would be amazing wouldn't it!!! I noticed that the meet group seemed a little small. I have been a member of two meet groups in the past. One really big and active and one that was small and very quiet. Both were great to be apart of but I will say that the active one was a lot of fun. I noticed that the 2010 Halloween meet group was really, really active. I have been reading a couple of trip reports from that cruise and they had some major planners in that group! It looks like they had loads of fun! I'm sure that we will have a blast as well.

Oh yeah, I think that it's awesome that you are taking your boys on a cruise by yourself. Before I met my DH I had taken my DD on several trips to Disney with just the 2 of us. A lot of people would say I just don't see how you go with her alone but I cherish the memories of our mother daughter trips. I’d do it again in a heart beat!
I read all those TRs too!! it seemed like they had a BLAST!! but I'm kind of liking the idea of a not too crowded ship because of the kids. I have a cruise booked for April 2012 and I know that is going to be a sell out as its right after Easter. , but the boys will be easier to handle by then...

I love travelling with my kids. Its not easy by any means. but once we get over whatever hurdle it is we have fun. My kids are fun kids. I enjoy my alone time with them.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:39 PM   #27
MommaMouse411

So like I said I had to start getting my magnets ready. I buy these peel & Stick from Walmart for $1.97 and smaller ones for $0.97

I found these for $1.97 as well:

I might make these for the kiddies.

and I found this bucket @ Walmart for $1.00

okay I know I said no more buckets..but I can fit these in the regular sized Disney buckets I have

These are the swimtrunks I bought for the boys for $12.99 @ Disney Store

I bought these last year for $6.99 a piece (these are for Manuelito 2t)

I bought this awhile back for Miguel
Old 06-03-2011, 03:35 PM   #28
MommaMouse411

another update today

as I continue to research my trip and read through posted Navigators...

I found out that there are dance parties that are family oriented in Rockin D Bar & Studio Sea..So I need to pay close attention to when those are. MY sons love to dance.

And I also found out they had like a singles mingle onboard. I saw some scheduled in Mar 2011 navis for 5pm in Cove Cafe. But its so hard to decide how to book nursery times when you don't know when the singles mingle takes place.

and I wonder if Tea with Alice is too girly? I want to have tea with my kids and Alice.

I also saw the picture CD was $300.00, not that I'm going to buy the CD, but I thought it wsa $400.00...anyway, I still haven't put up half the pictures I bought from my last cruise. I have way too many pictures on my walls already!
Old 06-07-2011, 11:27 AM   #29
MommaMouse411

The Happy Haunts take on Star Wars

So this past Saturday we went to DHS to check out Star Wars Weekend. I myself am not a fan. I don't dislike Star Wars but just never got all .

We parked in Goofy/Film and since I had the monster double stroller, we just walked to the entrance..which by the way is something I will always be doing...there was a security check point and it was a BREEEZE to get in...Restroom was right there, we made our stop there. The boys were hungry as they didn't have breakfast since we woke up early to leave.

Miguelito reminded me to get the maps...(yes he's the map holder)...so we went to the Baby Center and I microwaved some oatmeal for them. We probably spent a good amount of time here because I wanted to make sure the baby ate well..Miguel can eat whatever but the baby gets cranky if he doesn't eat or drink enough.

We left the Baby Center and headed to Indiana Jones. Miguel couldn't wait to see the show. Because this was the first show, it was packed...we sat in the very corner. As long as Miguel was able to see the show I was good. The baby started to get antsy, so I gave him som crackers. (See I thought he had ate enough!!)

After the show, we went to the shops and MIguel saw this red wooden rifle that he wanted..it was $17. I said no way. too expensive. I tried to get his mind off of it. So we headed to the Disney Channel Concert. IT was really cute. My son danced the whole time and he even got to dance with one of the performers.

After the show, we went to find a spot for the Star Wars Motorcade...ugh I was so late...it was like 20minutes to the show and there wasn't a good spot anywhere. I found one by the shops, and there was an umbrella over the register so we stayed there until about showtime. The baby was still hungry for some reason!

The motorcade started and there was some huge men in front of me..so I had to do the unthinkable and hoist my son over my shoulders. I couldn't see a lick. I just held my camera over my head and snapped shots...there wasn't anybody behind me that was watching the show. But I kept looking back because Manuelito was in the stroller facing the crowd and I didn't want anybody to like bump into him but there was a nice young girl who was entertaining him.

I got a few good pictures..and Miguel right away started asking me what each of the characters names were...great...I only knew the main ones..but I learned quick..

Old 06-07-2011, 11:35 AM   #30
MommaMouse411

cont'd

Once we finished the show we headed to go see Phineas and Ferb...as we walked we looked around a bit and I wanted to take some pictures of the Streets of America but time was running short. I had a 1:50 ressie @

We got in line for Phineas & Ferb and OMG the line was LOOONG. But there was some entertainment going on so it made the time go by fast.

Ferb checking on Manuelito (He fell asleep)

this was funny

After Phineas/Ferb we went into the store right there with the Muppets decor. Miguel saw the Star Wars action figure set so I bought it...Got my 10% discount with my annual pass!!

That will entertain miguel and manuel while we wait for our names to be called at Mama Melrose. So I am sorry to say, I was disappointed in the meal. I love chicken parmigian and it was bland but whatever at least we ate something and I am able to say I ate there. My next restaurant when I do DHS again is Brown Derby.

I also order the kids size version of chicken parmigian for the boys...the baby ate most of it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: