Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2014, 11:52 AM   #1201
dunnhorn
I'd rather be at Castaway Cay

We just booked June 1, 2015 so I am really interested in this thread! Thanks!

Leslie Ann
Me, DH, DS 12, DD 10

DVC Homes: SSR, HH, BLT, BWV, VWL
Resorts visited: Every WDW resort except for Coronado and Art of Animation. I am boycotting the Poly due to lack of hot tub.

4 day Disney WONDER May '09.
4 day Disney DREAM April '11.
7 day Disney FANTASY Western May '12.
7 day RCCL OASIS OF THE SEAS Eastern April '13
4 day Disney MAGIC March'14

Looking forward to the DVC MEMBER CRUISE on the Disney DREAM in 8/14, and a 7 day ALASKAN cruise on the Disney WONDER in June '15.
dunnhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:34 PM   #1202
sunryzez
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanhop View Post
People on our 6/2014 cruise were reporting that Liarsville sold out before they could book it, so I'd have a second choice ready to go.

Since you are a family of 5, I'd consider booking the whale watching tour with Harv and Marv. You'd have your own private boat rather than being with a bunch of other people.
Do you know if these were first time cruisers reporting this sold out or was it silver members or higher? That makes me nervous. My kids want to do that most of all, i'm not going until 2015.....but still curious to know =)

sunryzez is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2014, 12:38 PM   #1203
GoofyLovingFamily
Mouseketeer

I will post when our excursions become available for us. We are silver and going on the 9/1 Alaska.
GoofyLovingFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:50 AM   #1204
ErikdaRed
DIS Veteran

I can say that for day one silver registration the Liarsville excursion was available for 7/7/2014 sailing.
ErikdaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:53 PM   #1205
shanhop
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunryzez View Post
Do you know if these were first time cruisers reporting this sold out or was it silver members or higher? That makes me nervous. My kids want to do that most of all, i'm not going until 2015.....but still curious to know =)
They were first timers, so I don't know when exactly it was sold out.

Pop Century Sept 2007 (Trip Report on TGM)
Pop Century 11/28-12/6 2009 for the girls 7th birthday! Grandma and Grandpa , Sister, BIL and neice (4) came too.
Disney Magic Spring Break, March 2013 out of Galveston
Disney Wonder to Alaska, June 9th 2014 - TRIP REPORT
Disney Wonder from Galveston THANKSGIVING cruise with EVERYONE!
shanhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:58 PM   #1206
twindaddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunryzez View Post
It is still available for my July 7th cruise, but I am not a first timer, I am at the 90 day window.

I will check at 75 if you would like. I think the early June cruises have the more experienced cruisers, because they are cheaper, so I would be they know to book earlier.
twindaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 12:54 AM   #1207
DISNEY FANTASY
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Just another reminder to consider booking your own tours with local operators not DCL,

We did and we saved a lot of money, example in Kectihcan we booked the floatplane to misty fjords your ourselves and for four was far cheaper than DCL with others joining you, we did two port ad enters in each port, our own helicopter ride in Juneau at the time we wanted personal transport to and from the airport with personal guide, tea coffee, and no one else on the glacier where we landed, in Skagway we had a flight yo Glacier bay and a bus up to Fraser on our own, with white pass rail back down.

So get the times you want, get to go on your own and save lots of money!

Details in links below.

Last cruise AUGUST 2014 Disney Magic July 2014 12 Night Med + Greece.
Disney Wonder August 2013 Lots of photos Alaska and full navigators, -In 'The Walt' photo thread here,
Disney Fantasy 8/11 and 8/18 2012 back to back, Eastern and Western, Two weeks in concierge!
Disney Magic Eight cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 and 15 night Panama crossings, and 7 night Caribbean cruises.
Over 14 Previous cruises, including Disney, RCI and Princess.
Next, Disney Magic Northern Europe 2015.
DISNEY FANTASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 03:56 PM   #1208
SophiaMax
Earning My Ears

Tracy Arm

Thanks for all the great tips! We are cruising in late June and can't wait!!
I have a question about Tracy Arm for those of you who have done an Alaskan cruise before. We are thinking of doing a 10:30 brunch at Palo that morning but don't want to miss out on anything. Does anyone know if the views are good from there? What part of the day do you cruise the glaciers or is it an all day affair?
SophiaMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 04:01 PM   #1209
DISNEY FANTASY

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophiaMax View Post
Thanks for all the great tips! We are cruising in late June and can't wait!!
I have a question about Tracy Arm for those of you who have done an Alaskan cruise before. We are thinking of doing a 10:30 brunch at Palo that morning but don't want to miss out on anything. Does anyone know if the views are good from there? What part of the day do you cruise the glaciers or is it an all day affair?
We had brunch at 10am on Tracy Arm dsy we were coming up to the channel then but didn't enter Tracy Arm until 1pm.

The sights were good, we saw whales from Palo a few times, even the servers watched and stopped for a while.

There are great sights each day.

We were at the top of Tracy Arm about 2.45 3pm and then turned back, so Brunch would have ended by then.

Disney Wonder August 2013 Lots of photos Alaska and full navigators, -In 'The Walt' photo thread here,
Disney Fantasy 8/11 and 8/18 2012 back to back, Eastern and Western, Two weeks in concierge!
Disney Magic Eight cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 and 15 night Panama crossings, and 7 night Caribbean cruises.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:40 PM   #1210
jbthrone
Earning My Ears

This thread is wonderful! Thanks to all that have contributed. We will be sailing July 21st and are very excited. I'm trying to figure out the excursion for Ketchikan... I heard the Eagles and Totems excursion is good, but I'm thinking that we probably will have seen Eagles by then and it sounds like most of that excursion is in a boat, The family is interested in totem poles (which I assume is better visited on land). Is is easy enough to tour the totem poles ourselves, or should we book some kind of tour? We will see the lumberjack show in Vancouver, so that isn't necessary in Ketchikan. I'm traveling with my DDs, both 15, and my youngest DD 13, along with DH and sets of grandparents. The one tour that included Eagles and a totem guy looked like there was some walking - fine for us, but a little problematic for my MiL.
jbthrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:56 PM   #1211
Made Up Name
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbthrone View Post
This thread is wonderful! Thanks to all that have contributed. We will be sailing July 21st and are very excited. I'm trying to figure out the excursion for Ketchikan... I heard the Eagles and Totems excursion is good, but I'm thinking that we probably will have seen Eagles by then and it sounds like most of that excursion is in a boat, The family is interested in totem poles (which I assume is better visited on land). Is is easy enough to tour the totem poles ourselves, or should we book some kind of tour? We will see the lumberjack show in Vancouver, so that isn't necessary in Ketchikan. I'm traveling with my DDs, both 15, and my youngest DD 13, along with DH and sets of grandparents. The one tour that included Eagles and a totem guy looked like there was some walking - fine for us, but a little problematic for my MiL.
I understand there are plenty of totem poles you can view in Ketchikan for free.
Made Up Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 12:37 AM   #1212
leshunlenese
DIS Veteran

sailing on June 1, 2015 and I am already looking. I know I want to do the railway for my train obsessed son and gold panning. I am traveling alone with my DS who will be 5. Planning on one more excursion but I have time to pick
1989 first visit off site + several family trips as a child | 1997 AS Sp | 2000 8th grade band trip/offsite |2004 ASM| 2007*Walt Disney College Program- Chatham Square*| 2008 AARC congress at WDW | 2009 ASMo|OCT 2010 POP..1st MNSSHP/DS 1st visit and birthday | Dec 10 POLY |May/June 11 POP |AUG 11 marriott village |Dec 2011 graduation celebration @AKV-Jambo | FEB 13 dolphin | May 13 POP |Sept 13 Yacht club | Nov 13 POFQ | May 14 Disney dream | Sept 14 Assp | April 15
ME(28)and DS(4)Sept 13 Disney Video
Sept 13 TR
Sept 2014 PTR

I loved the poly but Jambo house stole my heart! Dec 11 college graduation TR
My 1st TR: Who says you can't take a 1 year old to WDW. Put that boy in a stroller!Oct 2010
leshunlenese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 01:45 AM   #1213
DISNEY FANTASY

Quote:
Originally Posted by leshunlenese View Post
sailing on June 1, 2015 and I am already looking. I know I want to do the railway for my train obsessed son and gold panning. I am traveling alone with my DS who will be 5. Planning on one more excursion but I have time to pick
Do look online for Chilkoot charters they do some great alternatives to DCL tours on the White Pass railway.

Old 04-13-2014, 01:45 AM   #1214
DISNEY FANTASY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Made Up Name View Post
I understand there are plenty of totem poles you can view in Ketchikan for free.
Yes and everywhere, including Stanley Park Vancouver.

Old 04-13-2014, 08:00 AM   #1215
calypso726
DIS Veteran

We are sailing August 4th. Due to the feedback on this thread, we are booked for the Disney Exclusive Helicopter Glacier dog sledding, the Disney Exclusive Bering Sea Crab Fisherman's tour and the Grizzly Falls Zip-line excursion. I will be sure to report back on our experiences after our cruise. Thank you!

calypso726 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: