Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-26-2011, 03:39 PM   #301
fettfan13
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 12

Bus tour in skagway, whale watching in juenau definatly worth the money. Indian village and lumber jack show in kettichan wonderful
fettfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:52 PM   #302
Twinparents
Mouseketeer
 
Twinparents's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 113

We just got off of the June 28th sailing and here is what we did:

Vancouver: My DH and DS went Sturgeon fishing and caught a 150 pound Sturgeon. They said it was the experience of a lifetime. We also spent quite a bit of time at Stanley Park, Granville Island and the Salmon Hatchery. All were great experiences and other than paying for parking were free.

Skagway: We did the helicopter up to the dog sled camp and this was by far our favorite excursion. My youngest daughter is 9 and Grandpa was 80 and all of us would do this again in a heart beat. We took a helicopter ride up to the Denver Glacier and the scenery was breathtaking. The dog camp is on the Denver Glacier and we spent about an hour up there looking and learning about the dogs, holding the puppies and then taking turns mushing the sled. If we had one complaint it was that the sled ride wasn't long enough because we all enjoyed it so much. This was a pricey excursion but worth every penny.

Juneau: We did a private whale watching excursion with Orca Enterprises and had a very good experience. Their offices were easy to find and right by where the free shuttle drops you off. We had 28 passengers on our boat which also had a captain, 2 servers and a naturalist who gave us a presentation on what we were seeing. We only saw Humpbacks and sea lions (we wanted Orcas) but apparently we had a great experience because we ran into a group of 5 whales that were lunch feeding and so we stayed in the same spot for almost an hour and saw the whales a bunch of times. They served hot tea, coffee, juice, cheese and crackers and smoked salmon.

After the whale watching Orca Enterprises transported us to Coastal helicopters where we did a private flight to the ice fields. The ice fields were amazing but I didn't really feel like Coastal put safety first. We basically were free to roam on the ice fields while our pilot walked around with his hands in his pockets. Our kids ages 9, 14 and 14 were getting a little too close to the large holes and crevices and the guide didn't say a word even though my husband and I were pulling them pack and scolding them. We later heard from a group that did the Disney version of this excursion and it sounded much safer. They had cramp ons, walking staffs and the guide wouldn't let them go to close. While we probably saw some more amazing views I would not ever choose to do this again with children.

Ketchican: Husband and the kids did the Fishing Derby and just had an o.k. time. Apparently, the excursion really depends on how good your guide is. Our friends were on the same excursion and loved it because they caught a lot of fish. Our kids were frustrated because just when one person would catch a fish the guide would move to another location and there was nothing. My husband felt like our guide moved too much and didn't know where to go to catch fish. The lunch was actually the fish you caught made into a soup and my kids did not enjoy it. However, my daughter won a t-shirt for the catching the smallest fish.

My parents went on the Wilderness exploration and crab feast that was previously reviewed on this thread. They thought this was a good experience and enjoyed the views and pulling the crab pots. They said the dinner was excellent.

I decided that I needed some extra time shopping so changed my excursion at the last minute. This however was a problem. Apparently, Disney has changed their policy that all excursions must be changed 2 days before you board the ship. You can change your excursion on the ship but you are charged the higher price of the excursion you booked or the excursion you cancelled. I ended up doing the tour of the city and the totem pole park by Trolley. The tour guide "Ed" was fantastic and quite entertaining. I enjoyed learning about life in Alaska and the excursion was only about an hour and half which left plenty of time for shopping.
Twinparents is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-29-2011, 12:11 AM   #303
PBader


DIS Veteran
 
PBader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 5,720

Bet your DH & DS were tickeled to death with that sturgeon!!!!!!
__________________
--Paula--DVC Member Since 1995
OKW 9/95, 5/96, 9/96, 9/98, 9/99, 2/00, 7/02, 6/05, 6/11, 7/11, 6/12 VB 5/97, 9/97, 12/03, 6/05, 12/09 BWV 9/99
HHI 7/03, 6/06, 6/08
BC 12/02, 6/12 VWL 3/03, 1/04, 10/10 SSR 10/06, 4/07, 12/09, 12/13 VGC 1/11BLT 6/12, 11/13Hawaii, 7/04, 7/07
DCL MAGIC 7/02, 1/04, 8/05, 4/07, 8/08, 9/08, 9/10, 10/14, 10/14, 10/14DCL WONDER 6/05, 1/11, 8/11,9/12DCL FANTASY 6/12DCL DREAM 9/13
Paradise Pier 8/05, 8/08DLHP 9/10 Costa Rica 1/08RCCL 11/08NCL 12/13

PBader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:36 AM   #304
Mickey1Fan
He had five fingers and was wearing white gloves
 
Mickey1Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,246

How long are you in port at Ketchican. A woman from church sails in July and they know someone who wants to take her and the family on a tour.

Thank you.
__________________
Savvy

Last trip...WDW Port Orleans French Quarter and DCL Disney Fantasy September 2013

Dreams Take Flight Group Leader 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014
http://yyz.dreamstakeflight.ca/
Mickey1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:00 AM   #305
denise
The world is a book, and those who do not travel, read only one page.............I look for dead people....
 
denise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Northern California
Posts: 1,512

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinparents View Post
We just got off of the June 28th sailing and here is what we did:

Vancouver: My DH and DS went Sturgeon fishing and caught a 150 pound Sturgeon. They said it was the experience of a lifetime. We also spent quite a bit of time at Stanley Park, Granville Island and the Salmon Hatchery. All were great experiences and other than paying for parking were free.

Skagway: We did the helicopter up to the dog sled camp and this was by far our favorite excursion. My youngest daughter is 9 and Grandpa was 80 and all of us would do this again in a heart beat. We took a helicopter ride up to the Denver Glacier and the scenery was breathtaking. The dog camp is on the Denver Glacier and we spent about an hour up there looking and learning about the dogs, holding the puppies and then taking turns mushing the sled. If we had one complaint it was that the sled ride wasn't long enough because we all enjoyed it so much. This was a pricey excursion but worth every penny.

Juneau: We did a private whale watching excursion with Orca Enterprises and had a very good experience. Their offices were easy to find and right by where the free shuttle drops you off. We had 28 passengers on our boat which also had a captain, 2 servers and a naturalist who gave us a presentation on what we were seeing. We only saw Humpbacks and sea lions (we wanted Orcas) but apparently we had a great experience because we ran into a group of 5 whales that were lunch feeding and so we stayed in the same spot for almost an hour and saw the whales a bunch of times. They served hot tea, coffee, juice, cheese and crackers and smoked salmon.

After the whale watching Orca Enterprises transported us to Coastal helicopters where we did a private flight to the ice fields. The ice fields were amazing but I didn't really feel like Coastal put safety first. We basically were free to roam on the ice fields while our pilot walked around with his hands in his pockets. Our kids ages 9, 14 and 14 were getting a little too close to the large holes and crevices and the guide didn't say a word even though my husband and I were pulling them pack and scolding them. We later heard from a group that did the Disney version of this excursion and it sounded much safer. They had cramp ons, walking staffs and the guide wouldn't let them go to close. While we probably saw some more amazing views I would not ever choose to do this again with children.

Ketchican: Husband and the kids did the Fishing Derby and just had an o.k. time. Apparently, the excursion really depends on how good your guide is. Our friends were on the same excursion and loved it because they caught a lot of fish. Our kids were frustrated because just when one person would catch a fish the guide would move to another location and there was nothing. My husband felt like our guide moved too much and didn't know where to go to catch fish. The lunch was actually the fish you caught made into a soup and my kids did not enjoy it. However, my daughter won a t-shirt for the catching the smallest fish.

My parents went on the Wilderness exploration and crab feast that was previously reviewed on this thread. They thought this was a good experience and enjoyed the views and pulling the crab pots. They said the dinner was excellent.

I decided that I needed some extra time shopping so changed my excursion at the last minute. This however was a problem. Apparently, Disney has changed their policy that all excursions must be changed 2 days before you board the ship. You can change your excursion on the ship but you are charged the higher price of the excursion you booked or the excursion you cancelled. I ended up doing the tour of the city and the totem pole park by Trolley. The tour guide "Ed" was fantastic and quite entertaining. I enjoyed learning about life in Alaska and the excursion was only about an hour and half which left plenty of time for shopping.
Kimberly----first off, I didn't know Grandpa was 80! Wow, he fouled me...
Sounds like you had lots of fun. Wish we were on the same cruise again, maybe next time. I wouldn't of eaten fish soup either
We are sticking with Disney excursions this time because we only booked this cruise when we got back from the Repo Cruise in May. With school and booking hotels and flights I had no time to research private tours. We cancelled New Years on the Dream and changed it to this one. I'm happy because I really wanted to do Alaska but sad because the Dream sounded fun for New Years. Perhaps another time.
Can't wait to see your pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBader View Post
Bet your DH & DS were tickeled to death with that sturgeon!!!!!!
You should have seen the picture, that thing was so huge!
__________________
DVC Member since 1992, Old Key West; been to:Disneyland;WDW; DL Paris; DisneySea Tokyo; Lunch at Club 33 on June 12, 2005, July 26,2008 & April 12, 2010. Breakfast at Club 33 with the DIS Unplugged and ABD group April 16, 2010. Sailed on the Magic:September 1999; First Disney cruise to Mexico to avoid Hurricane Floyd;. Sept 2-9, 2001. At WDW on 9-11;Sept 2003, First Disney cruise to go to Costa Maya;June 4-11 2005, Mexican Cruise from CA;07-07-07 MED Cruise; July 6, 2010, Baltic Cruise.Wonder: Repo Cruise April 27, 2011, LA to Vancouver, Alaska July 5-12, 2011, Maiden Voyage Fantasy March 31-April 7, 2012: October 7-14, 2012, up the coast of California, The Pixar Cruise First Worldwide Photowalk aboard a cruise ship, October 13, 2012, Magic:Venice/Greece/Barcelona Repo July 14, 2014, Norway/Iceland Repo June 29, 2015
denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:11 AM   #306
wdhinn89
DIS Veteran
 
wdhinn89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,082

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinparents View Post
We just got off of the June 28th sailing and here is what we did:

Vancouver: My DH and DS went Sturgeon fishing and caught a 150 pound Sturgeon. They said it was the experience of a lifetime. We also spent quite a bit of time at Stanley Park, Granville Island and the Salmon Hatchery. All were great experiences and other than paying for parking were free.

Skagway: We did the helicopter up to the dog sled camp and this was by far our favorite excursion. My youngest daughter is 9 and Grandpa was 80 and all of us would do this again in a heart beat. We took a helicopter ride up to the Denver Glacier and the scenery was breathtaking. The dog camp is on the Denver Glacier and we spent about an hour up there looking and learning about the dogs, holding the puppies and then taking turns mushing the sled. If we had one complaint it was that the sled ride wasn't long enough because we all enjoyed it so much. This was a pricey excursion but worth every penny.

Juneau: We did a private whale watching excursion with Orca Enterprises and had a very good experience. Their offices were easy to find and right by where the free shuttle drops you off. We had 28 passengers on our boat which also had a captain, 2 servers and a naturalist who gave us a presentation on what we were seeing. We only saw Humpbacks and sea lions (we wanted Orcas) but apparently we had a great experience because we ran into a group of 5 whales that were lunch feeding and so we stayed in the same spot for almost an hour and saw the whales a bunch of times. They served hot tea, coffee, juice, cheese and crackers and smoked salmon.

After the whale watching Orca Enterprises transported us to Coastal helicopters where we did a private flight to the ice fields. The ice fields were amazing but I didn't really feel like Coastal put safety first. We basically were free to roam on the ice fields while our pilot walked around with his hands in his pockets. Our kids ages 9, 14 and 14 were getting a little too close to the large holes and crevices and the guide didn't say a word even though my husband and I were pulling them pack and scolding them. We later heard from a group that did the Disney version of this excursion and it sounded much safer. They had cramp ons, walking staffs and the guide wouldn't let them go to close. While we probably saw some more amazing views I would not ever choose to do this again with children.

Ketchican: Husband and the kids did the Fishing Derby and just had an o.k. time. Apparently, the excursion really depends on how good your guide is. Our friends were on the same excursion and loved it because they caught a lot of fish. Our kids were frustrated because just when one person would catch a fish the guide would move to another location and there was nothing. My husband felt like our guide moved too much and didn't know where to go to catch fish. The lunch was actually the fish you caught made into a soup and my kids did not enjoy it. However, my daughter won a t-shirt for the catching the smallest fish.

My parents went on the Wilderness exploration and crab feast that was previously reviewed on this thread. They thought this was a good experience and enjoyed the views and pulling the crab pots. They said the dinner was excellent.

I decided that I needed some extra time shopping so changed my excursion at the last minute. This however was a problem. Apparently, Disney has changed their policy that all excursions must be changed 2 days before you board the ship. You can change your excursion on the ship but you are charged the higher price of the excursion you booked or the excursion you cancelled. I ended up doing the tour of the city and the totem pole park by Trolley. The tour guide "Ed" was fantastic and quite entertaining. I enjoyed learning about life in Alaska and the excursion was only about an hour and half which left plenty of time for shopping.
Can you give me some info on your sturgeon fishing trip? Who did you charter with?
My husband and son would love this.
We chartered a boat to go halibut fishing in Ketichan but adding a sturgeon fishing trip would be great too. Who was your guide in Ketichan and what did they fish for?
__________________
wdhinn89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:58 PM   #307
jarudinski
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 179

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointandshoot View Post
Has anyone done the zipline in Ketchikan. We have the Bear Creek booked and interested and how people have liked it.
Chuck
We did this excursion on our cruise at the beg of June. We picked this one over their other zipline excursion as my DD (12) did not meet the weight requirement for the other course.

At the start of the excursion we got out gear and headed off to the test zip. The test zip allows you to do a practice run and get comfortable with the procedure.

We did 6 zip lines, had to cross a small suspension bridge, did a short rapel and then went down the 270 ft mt slide. My daughter loved this excursion and I think the slide was her favorite. One tip, if anyone in your party has long hair, bring hair ties and pull your hair back, to keep your hair out of the equipment.

One of the zips was very long and the lighter individuals in group (mostly the kids) didn't make it all the way to the end, so they had to manually pull themselves in. Good experience all in all.

The excursion was a lot of fun and the guides were great. After the excursion we were taken back to the shops where there was drinks and snacks. Also you could purchase the pictures taken on the excursion. There was a group picture and then an individual action shot. I thought the pictures were a bit overprices at $20 each, but that was the only negative thing from this excursion.

My husband is afraid of heights but he humors us and went anyway. He has done ziplining before in Cabo, but found this one to be a lot worse as you are ziplining from treetop to treetop and never really get back to the ground til the end. You are tethered to safety lines the whole excursion, but if you have any problems with heights this excursion may present a problem.


Other excursions we did were ..

Skagway: Dog Sledding Summer Camp excursion. The kids had a blast. we had a short drive to the site and we got some interesting information about the area. Once we arrived, we were loaded into the Unimogs and then into the dog sleds. Once we were done, the kids wanted to go again. They sleds went much faster than I ever would have expected. After the dog sledding we went to bas camp to shop for souvenirs, hear a presentation on dog sledding and to play with the puppies.

Juneau: Mendenhall Float Trip. This was also a great excursion. We got on the bus for a short trip to the launch site. Once we were there we got outfitted in gear: rain boots, waterproof coveralls and life jackets. We got divided into groups, 9 ppl per raft. Our guide was a lot of fun, he took us near a small glacier piece in the lake so we could see it up close then we left the lake for the river. There was not much to do as the guide did all the work, so this excursion could be a hit or miss. Ours was great because of the guide and our raft mates, so we all had a lot of fun. There was some interesting sites among the river. The rapids never got very fast, they were pretty mild, much like the rapid rides in the theme parks. The folks in front got the wetest, not much for anyone else. Bring extra socks as your feet may get wet. You may want mittens too. When the trip was over we were taken to a camp, to get out of our gear, retrieve our belongings and were treated to refreshments. They also had pictures from the trip, 3 different shots. We recieved 1 free picture per ticket holder and could purchase the rest for $20 each if interested.

Overall, we enjoyed all our excursions and had a great cruise.

Julie
__________________
-- Julie

Disney Wonder Alaska August 10, 2015
Disney Dream Bahamas July 13, 2014
Disney Magic Galvastan Apr 16, 2013
Disney Dream Bahamas Aug 16,2011
Disney Wonder Alaska June 7, 2011
Disney Magic Baltic Cruise 2010
Disney Magic Mexican Riviera 2008
Disney Magic Mediterranean 2007
Disney Magic Eastern Carribbean 2005
Disney Magic Western Carribbean 2004, 2006
jarudinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:38 PM   #308
Twinparents
Mouseketeer
 
Twinparents's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 113

Mickey1Fan - We were only in Ketchikan from 1:30-7:30. We were about 15 minutes late getting in because the Carnival ship had not left the dock that we were supposed to be in.

wdhinn89 - We used Silversides Fishing Adventures at www.bcfishing-guide.com. I think it was about $725 for 3 people and that was a 12 hour a day. He did say there are different prices depending on the season and we were early season.

In Ketchikan they went on the Disney "Fishing Derby". It was mainly a family event and not for serious fisherman. There were fishing for whatever but people caught halibut, flounder rock fish and rat fish. My husband said next time he would charter the halibut boat.

Denise - you will have a great time. Wish we could go again! If you book the Fantasy let us know!
Twinparents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:23 PM   #309
NurseNash
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 107

Not bored...

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohj80 View Post
Thanks for the review! We have the Rainforest Island Adventure excursion reserved which sounds very similar other than we raft to the island before the hike and snack. Since we'll have a 6 yr old, thought this was a safer bet than the canoe. Did your kids enjoy the hike or were they bored look t plants and trees?
My kids were not bored but it was only about a 30 minute nature walk. Our guide showed us mud that is similar to quick sand (kids loved that) and she let the kids crawl into a "cave" that is made by huge tree roots (they loved that part too). We also saw two huge banana slugs (about the size of a roll of quarters and they are still talking about them)! We had had snacks before hand so my 7yo carried his cup of hot chocolate with him and sipped on it while he listened. Our canoe guide had told the kids to listen close b/c she was going to give a quiz on the canoe ride back and if they did good, they'd get a surprise. She forgot to give the quiz but she still gave them a pin that said "I canoed in Ketchikan". One BIG tip: There were A LOT of mosquitos. I was so thankkful I had brought some bug spray. I found bug spray with a 15% DEET solution at Walmart in the camping/sporting goods section here in Colorado. I bought some that looks like and is the size of a pen (so it is small and convenient... if you have ever seen the Tide Sticks it was that size with a spray pump on the tip). It fit easily into my pocket. Because it had DEET, I sprayed it on our hair and clothing. You will have fun! It made me feel like I saw some of the "real" Alaska... loved the plants on the nature walk. But I also liked that the length of the excursion still gave us time to check out the town. Our trip was in the afternoon so we put the kids in the kids club and hubby and I spent the morning shopping (kids had shopped with us in Skagway and Juneau and were shopped out). The time of the excursion did make us miss our 5:45 dinner seating but we had talked to our Head Server on the first night and he let us go to the second dinner seating and accommodated us nicely. Have fun! We really felt like the whole trip was one of the best our family has ever done!
NurseNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:03 AM   #310
wdhinn89
DIS Veteran
 
wdhinn89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,082

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinparents View Post
Mickey1Fan - We were only in Ketchikan from 1:30-7:30. We were about 15 minutes late getting in because the Carnival ship had not left the dock that we were supposed to be in.

wdhinn89 - We used Silversides Fishing Adventures at www.bcfishing-guide.com. I think it was about $725 for 3 people and that was a 12 hour a day. He did say there are different prices depending on the season and we were early season.

In Ketchikan they went on the Disney "Fishing Derby". It was mainly a family event and not for serious fisherman. There were fishing for whatever but people caught halibut, flounder rock fish and rat fish. My husband said next time he would charter the halibut boat.

Denise - you will have a great time. Wish we could go again! If you book the Fantasy let us know!
Thank you for the link!!!
__________________
wdhinn89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:17 AM   #311
PBader


DIS Veteran
 
PBader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 5,720

Thanks for posting the reviews on the Taku Glcier Floatplane. We are booked on this for the Aug 30th cruise and are super excited about it




I have read a couple postings about mosquitos--I guess they will continue to get worse. I bought those Off clipons to use, has anyone used them?
__________________
--Paula--DVC Member Since 1995
OKW 9/95, 5/96, 9/96, 9/98, 9/99, 2/00, 7/02, 6/05, 6/11, 7/11, 6/12 VB 5/97, 9/97, 12/03, 6/05, 12/09 BWV 9/99
HHI 7/03, 6/06, 6/08
BC 12/02, 6/12 VWL 3/03, 1/04, 10/10 SSR 10/06, 4/07, 12/09, 12/13 VGC 1/11BLT 6/12, 11/13Hawaii, 7/04, 7/07
DCL MAGIC 7/02, 1/04, 8/05, 4/07, 8/08, 9/08, 9/10, 10/14, 10/14, 10/14DCL WONDER 6/05, 1/11, 8/11,9/12DCL FANTASY 6/12DCL DREAM 9/13
Paradise Pier 8/05, 8/08DLHP 9/10 Costa Rica 1/08RCCL 11/08NCL 12/13

PBader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:42 AM   #312
poohj80
Got Hunny?
 
poohj80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Posts: 5,626

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseNash View Post
One BIG tip: There were A LOT of mosquitos.
Thank you for the tips! Both DD and I get eaten alive by mosquitos so we will both make sure we're coated!
__________________

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:08 PM   #313
denise
The world is a book, and those who do not travel, read only one page.............I look for dead people....
 
denise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Northern California
Posts: 1,512

Has anyone used the OFF thing that has two batteries that hangs on your belt? Don't know the name. It has little refills with repellent. Does that work?
__________________
DVC Member since 1992, Old Key West; been to:Disneyland;WDW; DL Paris; DisneySea Tokyo; Lunch at Club 33 on June 12, 2005, July 26,2008 & April 12, 2010. Breakfast at Club 33 with the DIS Unplugged and ABD group April 16, 2010. Sailed on the Magic:September 1999; First Disney cruise to Mexico to avoid Hurricane Floyd;. Sept 2-9, 2001. At WDW on 9-11;Sept 2003, First Disney cruise to go to Costa Maya;June 4-11 2005, Mexican Cruise from CA;07-07-07 MED Cruise; July 6, 2010, Baltic Cruise.Wonder: Repo Cruise April 27, 2011, LA to Vancouver, Alaska July 5-12, 2011, Maiden Voyage Fantasy March 31-April 7, 2012: October 7-14, 2012, up the coast of California, The Pixar Cruise First Worldwide Photowalk aboard a cruise ship, October 13, 2012, Magic:Venice/Greece/Barcelona Repo July 14, 2014, Norway/Iceland Repo June 29, 2015
denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:15 PM   #314
plutojudy
Needs sunshine and seas.
 
plutojudy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,048

We have been using them in the yard this year and so far they seem to work. Mosquitoes love me and I haven't been bit since we started using them. We also use Citronella candles and citronella oil in torches. We also have campfire in our Weber firepalce. So not sure if one works better than others but we are using everything.
__________________
Judy

Cruise # 12 - Fantasy - May 10, 2014
Cruise # 13 - Magic - February 22, 2015

Disney Wonder - 2000 Nassau, 2001 Nassau, Freeport, 2011 Alaska: Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan
Disney Magic - 2002 Eastern, St Martin, St Thomas, St John 2003 Western Mystery cruise, Cozumel, Costa Maya, Key West, 2004 Western, Key West, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, 2007 Eastern, St Martin, St Thomas, 2009 Eastern, St Croix, St Thomas 2010 Eastern, St Martin, St Thomas, St John
Disney Dream -2012 Nassau
Disney Fantasy - 2013 Eastern - St Thomas, San Juan
Disneyland Hotel, Fort Wilderness Home, Yacht and Beach Club, Caribbean Beach, Dixie Landings, All Star Movie, Pop Century, Port Orleans Riverside, All Star Music, Art of Animation
plutojudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:54 PM   #315
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate
 
TDC Nala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far enough outside the Beltway
Posts: 58,434
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Apparently, Disney has changed their policy that all excursions must be changed 2 days before you board the ship. You can change your excursion on the ship but you are charged the higher price of the excursion you booked or the excursion you cancelled.
Excursions must be cancelled no later than 2 days before boarding. You can change them onboard, but not cancel them. I know this was the case in 2007, but I don't know how long ago it might have been different.
__________________
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: