Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2011, 04:38 PM   #46
Kycha
I'm a grouch with a heart
The raccoon wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBIJim View Post
Wawa hasn't used Amoroso rolls in years.
Jim
Yes, I'm aware of that. My comment was directed at the poster who said you can't find a decent hoagie roll outside the Philly area. Not that Wawa used Amorosa rolls.
Kycha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 05:32 PM   #47
KerriSue
Poo Watching cheered up my day!

Love WaWa WaWa has to be the cleanest convenient store I have ever been into. I really love their Vanilla Coffee....yummmm
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2011, 05:50 PM   #48
7165red
DIS Veteran

I'm glad to hear that, they really come in handy when your on vacation. We always love the one in Cape May,NJ
7165red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:38 PM   #49
zippitydoo
DIS Veteran

I miss wawa they don’t make good hoagies here

2014 Book Challenge
Completed 65 of 75:
A Shade of Blood, A Castle of Sand, Takedown Twenty, Louisiana Longshot, Dirty Little Secrets, The One You Love, The One You Fear, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, A Shadow of Light, Hollow City, Room, The Barkeep, A Blaze of Sun, I Think I Love You, Broken, Body Movers, A Gate of Night, Trudge, Soldier On, In Harm’s Way, A Pound of Flesh, Taboo, Hide and Seek, Daddy’s Home, Weddings Can Be Murder, The Undead Heart, Moving Day, Monument 14, Sky on Fire, Savage Drift, NOS4A2, Her Last Breath, One Lavender Ribbon, Innocent in Las Vegas, Saving Grace, To Kill For, Awakening, City of Bones, City of Ashes, City of Glass, City of Fallen Angels, City of Lost Souls, City of Heavenly Fire, A Break of Day, The Gray and Guilty Sea, Twenty-Eight and a Half Wishes, The Profiler, Too Close To Home, Hushabye, The Girl Who Never Came Back, Fatal Debt, Deadly Bonds, Kill The Competition, Got Your Number, In Deep Voodoo, Crazy Little Things, My Sister’s Grave, Invisible, Taken
zippitydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:23 AM   #50
Mkrop
I just cant go on demand
Hi my name is Mkop and I am a cart leaver!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerriSue View Post
Love WaWa WaWa has to be the cleanest convenient store I have ever been into. I really love their Vanilla Coffee....yummmm
I think that is what sets it apart. Yes they have great food, but you just walk into them and you dont feel like you have walked in somewhere dirty or skecthy.
June 2008 Contemporary
Dec 2008 Boardwalk Inn
June 2009 Disneyland Hotel and DCA
Jan 2010 DVC Boardwalk Villas
Dec 2010 DVC BLT
July-Aug 2011 Disneyland Park Vue Inn
Dec 2011 DVC BW
July 2012 DVC BC
Dec 2013 DVC AKL/BW
Aug 2014 DVC DCA
Mkrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 03:29 PM   #51
Dax
Kind hearted lady who started the DIS Support Group!
Loved by Pugs
Jadzia or Ezri?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Mountain View Post
I'm not sure of the exact dates, but early 2012. A relative does permitting and has their contract. I was sent an email about it last year with the title "It's not Sheetz, but you'll be happy" I love WaWa for the coffee and the pot roast subs.

There will be one on I Drive at Central Fl Parkway. (right by Sea World) and that's the closest to WDW that they've got approval for right now. The list I got has one in Apopka, one way down 192 in St. Cloud, one on OBT south of Gatorland and one on John Young. (Yes, I just Googled the info I got to get a rough idea).

Supposedly, the other Florida locations (Polk and Hillsborough counties) won't come until 2013. I won't make a special trip just for coffee. I don't even do it for either of my favorite coffee chains (NOT Starbucks), but I will detour a little bit if I'm over that way for WDW or shopping at the outlets.
At least 2 of those listed are near the airport, and on my way to work!!! I could not be happier. I grew up going to WaWa for EVERYTHING, and I miss it terribly!

Dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 08:48 AM   #52
saxamoophone
Earning My Ears

Thanks to the St. Johns river permit website, I have some addresses!

Wawa has put in 3 permits so far,

Wawa Store #2010: 2500 Silver Star Road, Orlando Florida. This is off of John Young and north for 408.

Wawa Store #????: US 441 & Piedmont Wekiva Road. This is just north of 414.

Wawa Store #????: Goldenrod & Hoffner, just north of 528. This is the one I'll be stopping by the most!

Very excited about this. My fiance has gotten me hooked on Wawa from our trips to her parents in delaware!
saxamoophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:08 AM   #53
Dax
Loved by Pugs
Jadzia or Ezri?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxamoophone View Post

Wawa Store #2010: 2500 Silver Star Road, Orlando Florida. This is off of John Young and north for 408.

Wawa Store #????: Goldenrod & Hoffner, just north of 528. This is the one I'll be stopping by the most!

Very excited about this. My fiance has gotten me hooked on Wawa from our trips to her parents in delaware!
Any idea on when they plan to start building?

Dh is wondering if they will be building a warehouse down here..

Old 06-05-2011, 10:45 AM   #54
saxamoophone
Earning My Ears

No clue, but looks like most of the permits were filled around Feb-April of this year. From what I've seen with other permits, construction can start within a few months or drag on a year or two.

I'd imagine WaWa is building a distribution center somewhere in Florida, probably in Lakeland to support their planned expansion into Tampa, and the Orlando area.

It wouldn't be a WaWa if they don't have a fresh supply of their Lemonade Ice Tea after all .

I also heard the Florida stores will be prototypes with expanded eating areas. Should be nice!
saxamoophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:55 AM   #55
Dax
Loved by Pugs
Jadzia or Ezri?

Quote:
No clue, but looks like most of the permits were filled around Feb-April of this year. From what I've seen with other permits, construction can start within a few months or drag on a year or two.

I'd imagine WaWa is building a distribution center somewhere in Florida, probably in Lakeland to support their planned expansion into Tampa, and the Orlando area.

It wouldn't be a WaWa if they don't have a fresh supply of their Lemonade Ice Tea after all .

I also heard the Florida stores will be prototypes with expanded eating areas. Should be nice!
I am beyond excited for this...Being from NJ, I grew up on WaWa and miss it here in FL...Lets hope they do not wait for to long to get this built...I miss my shortie and my french vanilla iced coffee!!

Old 06-05-2011, 12:40 PM   #56
Dr.Girlfriend
DIS Veteran

Quote:

What an odd location (bolded). It's not terribly busy over there.

A little sad none are really super close to us or work. And the 2nd location is in Apopka.
Wine & Dine 1/2 - 2011 ~ WDW Marathon Relay - 2012 ~ Princess 1/2 - 2012 ~ Tower of Terror 10 Miler - 2012 ~ Wine & Dine 1/2 2012 ~ Goofy Challenge - 2013 ~ Tower of Terror 10 Miler – 2013 ~ Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5k - 2013 ~ Wine & Dine 1/2 – 2013 ~ Family Fun Run 5k - 2014 ~ Minnie Mouse - 10k 2014 ~ Donald 1/2 - 2014 ~ Castaway Cay 5k - 2014

UPCOMING:
Royal Family 5k - 2014 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge – 2014 ~ Everest Challenge 5k - 2014 ~ Dumbo Double Dare - 2014
Dr.Girlfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:15 AM   #57
JDUCKY
Local Yocal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Girlfriend View Post
What an odd location (bolded). It's not terribly busy over there.

A little sad none are really super close to us or work. And the 2nd location is in Apopka.
No kidding...why there?

Put one out in Winter Garden!

Or on Orange Ave near downtown!

Disneyworld? Not so much anymore. FP- has ruined the experience for locals
Disneyland Paris - First trip (part of Honeymoon) - March 2012
Disneyland - 1st wedding anniversary - Dec 2012; Road Trip July 2013
JDUCKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 02:23 PM   #58
Soupy27
Earning My Ears

Wawa has applied for a 4th permit on the St. Johns River Water Management site:

Hwy 50 & Chickasaw Trail
Permit requested date: 07/08/2011

Soupy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 02:26 PM   #59
Dr.Girlfriend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDUCKY View Post
No kidding...why there?

Put one out in Winter Garden!

Or on Orange Ave near downtown!

LOLOL yes to BOTH! I work downtown, live in Winter Garden
Wine & Dine 1/2 - 2011 ~ WDW Marathon Relay - 2012 ~ Princess 1/2 - 2012 ~ Tower of Terror 10 Miler - 2012 ~ Wine & Dine 1/2 2012 ~ Goofy Challenge - 2013 ~ Tower of Terror 10 Miler – 2013 ~ Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5k - 2013 ~ Wine & Dine 1/2 – 2013 ~ Family Fun Run 5k - 2014 ~ Minnie Mouse - 10k 2014 ~ Donald 1/2 - 2014 ~ Castaway Cay 5k - 2014

UPCOMING:
Royal Family 5k - 2014 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge – 2014 ~ Everest Challenge 5k - 2014 ~ Dumbo Double Dare - 2014
Dr.Girlfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 11:49 PM   #60
sweet angel
DIS Veteran

Quote:

If they put a distribution center in Lakeland, they better put some stores in too, because that's where I'm moving and WAWA is one of the few things I'll miss about NJ!!
sweet angel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: