Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2011, 10:34 PM   #1
TheAceOfAces
That's the biggest Shih Tzu I've ever seen!

Captain EO Merchandise

This is an honest question that isn't even about the show itself, so no Michael Jackson slamming, please. I'm a big MJ fan/collector, and I have pretty much all the EO merchandise from buying it online. However, I do not have the white shirt like the one Michael wears in the movie, and now it seems to be nowhere online. (I want to get the actual one from Disney, not the fakes from Zazzle, Cafepress, or similar sites.) I'll be at WDW less than a week from now, so I want to ask anyone who's been recently if that shirt is still available in the park/at World of Disney. Hopefully someone here knows about this.
(By the way, I do have the similar one from the premiere weekend in the 80s. I'm asking specifically about the current one, not that one. This shirt is the one I want: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tavie/5477787529/ And no, I'm not the one who took this picture.)
Past trips: 1997 Contemporary/Polynesian; 1998 Contemporary; 2000 Wilderness Lodge; 2001 Caribbean Beach; 2003 Swan; 2006 Off-property (never again...); March 2010 Pop Century (RIP Legendary Years...); May 2011 Pop Century (still dreaming of the Legendary Years...); Summer 2012 Disneyland (first time there!)
TheAceOfAces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:07 PM   #2
Pepperldy
Earning My Ears

My friend bought that shirt when were at Epcot Easter weekend. They were selling it at a cart outside of EO.
Pepperldy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2011, 11:29 PM   #3
TheAceOfAces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperldy View Post
My friend bought that shirt when were at Epcot Easter weekend. They were selling it at a cart outside of EO.
Thanks for the quick response! I knew about the cart outside EO and the presence of the merchandise at Mouse Gears and World of Disney as well. (Trust me, I've been following everything about EO for a long time. I was even one of the people who was signing petitions to bring it back long before MJ died, crazy as that probably sounds to most people here.) Do you happen to remember if they had a lot of shirts left, or did they seem to be running out? I'm just curious because I contacted someone who sells park merchandise online (not someone associated with Disney, however) and she said the EO stuff seems to be starting to dwindle (haters, don't get your hopes up yet: HISTA wasn't the most well-known for having a lot of merchandise for a long time either), so I'm really hoping they still have this shirt when I'm there. When I get back, I'll be sure to update about this for the few others here who care about it.
Past trips: 1997 Contemporary/Polynesian; 1998 Contemporary; 2000 Wilderness Lodge; 2001 Caribbean Beach; 2003 Swan; 2006 Off-property (never again...); March 2010 Pop Century (RIP Legendary Years...); May 2011 Pop Century (still dreaming of the Legendary Years...); Summer 2012 Disneyland (first time there!)
Old 05-17-2011, 08:32 AM   #4
SPAM
DIS Veteran

My sister got that shirt at the cart outside the show.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:40 AM   #5
HersheyKisses
Mouseketeer

Im a HUGE MJ fan!! I saw that shirt on a cart outside of EO and also in the Imagination gift shop they have a small EO section in there i believe .....Me and my kids always watch Captain EO back to back love the king of pop!
HersheyKisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:46 AM   #6
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Huge EO fan here as well!

Back on my October trip the cart outside of EO was sold out of a few items, but when I went back in March everything was in stock. I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:49 AM   #7
Missish
Mouseketeer

I bought mine in Disneyland Paris when I was there last June. When I was in WDW in March they had plenty on the cart outside, and no one I saw was buying them, so you might be all right.

(SUCH a fun t-shirt to wear - people who know what it is compliment you, people who don't can't help but ask what it means! )

Missish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:27 AM   #8
TheAceOfAces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missish View Post
(SUCH a fun t-shirt to wear - people who know what it is compliment you, people who don't can't help but ask what it means! )
What's really funny is people are the same way about the Captain EO logo (the name inside the triangle). One time my mom saw me wearing one of the hats with it and said "what does the EO stand for?" Imagine her shock when I told her what it actually means- she thought it was the character's initials!
Old 05-18-2011, 11:02 PM   #9
TheAceOfAces

Ok, one more question about this: Is the EO merchandise also available at World of Disney in DTD, or is Epcot the only place to get it? I've heard mention of it appearing at World of Disney, but I just want to know for sure.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:07 PM   #10
amber.miller
Earning My Ears

I bought that shirt right at the cart outside of Captain EO at Epcot just 2 weeks ago, they had plenty of them! And although I can't say with 100% certainty, I do not think they have the Captain EO merch at World of Disney. I went to World of Disney multiple times on our trip a couple of weeks ago and never noticed anything!

May 2010 - Port Orleans Riverside
April 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
August 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside
April 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge/Art of Animation
Hoping for Sept 2014 - POR/Poly or CR?!?!?!?

Me DH Liam 6 Lawson 4

amber.miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 12:11 PM   #11
PIRATEGIRL007
DIS Cast Member
OMG! I am about to jump up and down!
real technical words, aren't they!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber.miller View Post
I bought that shirt right at the cart outside of Captain EO at Epcot just 2 weeks ago, they had plenty of them! And although I can't say with 100% certainty, I do not think they have the Captain EO merch at World of Disney. I went to World of Disney multiple times on our trip a couple of weeks ago and never noticed anything!
We never saw any EO merchandise other than a trading pin outside of the EO area in Epcot.
PIRATEGIRL007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 12:49 PM   #12
Missish
Mouseketeer

I don't remember seeing it anywhere besides the cart outside, and in one or two shops in Epcot. In fact, if the cart doesn't have any of those t-shirts left (which I'd have thought was highly unlikely), you want to check in Mouse Gear, just because they seemed less obvious in there and may not have been snapped up by the crazy Captain EO fans

Missish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:33 PM   #13
piraterunner
Mouseketeer

I haven't been to this attraction, my daughter has acquired a serious MJ fetish since Halloween and seeing the Thriller video. Serious in that every time we get into the car I have to play beat it, she walks around wearing a fadora and a MJ t-shirt that goes to her knees cause I can't find one in youth size. Do they sell merch with MJ's face on it? any in youth sizes? I will be going to Disneyland in 3 weeks just wondering if I will be able to get her anything.
piraterunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:18 PM   #14
TheAceOfAces

Quote:
Originally Posted by piraterunner View Post
I haven't been to this attraction, my daughter has acquired a serious MJ fetish since Halloween and seeing the Thriller video. Serious in that every time we get into the car I have to play beat it, she walks around wearing a fadora and a MJ t-shirt that goes to her knees cause I can't find one in youth size. Do they sell merch with MJ's face on it? any in youth sizes? I will be going to Disneyland in 3 weeks just wondering if I will be able to get her anything.
Indeed they do: there's a shirt with the same picture as the poster on it (the image on the EO trading pin, if you don't know what picture I'm talking about) that comes in both black and heather gray. The gray is only in youth sizes, as far as I know, and the black is only in adult sizes, but they do carry it in women's sizes, which seem to run really small at Disney. (Also, both the adult and youth shirt sizes go down to at least extra small, and sometimes you can even find ones here and there that go to XXS.) I got an XXL of the youth gray one and it fits on me (I'm a shorter-than-average 21 year old), but the XXS of that same shirt looked like it would fit a toddler, so you should be able to find something in between those two to fit her. Unfortunately she won't be able to try them on (the only places the EO shirts are sold is an outdoor kiosk and in the JII gift shop), but they will let you hold them up to her to get an idea of the fit. (By the way, for those curious about the outcome of the pursuit that started this thread, I'm now the owner of 3 of the shirt I was looking for, plus said shirt is now showing up on eBay fairly often, so they still seem to have plenty.)

Also, this isn't Disney-related, but check Bravado's official MJ online store for shirts for your daughter. (Bravado is the company that made all the shirts and other merchandise intended to be sold at the This Is It concerts.) They have youth sizes, plus, like Disney, their women's sizes run absolutely tiny.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:09 PM   #15
TavieP
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAceOfAces View Post
This is an honest question that isn't even about the show itself, so no Michael Jackson slamming, please. I'm a big MJ fan/collector, and I have pretty much all the EO merchandise from buying it online. However, I do not have the white shirt like the one Michael wears in the movie, and now it seems to be nowhere online. (I want to get the actual one from Disney, not the fakes from Zazzle, Cafepress, or similar sites.) I'll be at WDW less than a week from now, so I want to ask anyone who's been recently if that shirt is still available in the park/at World of Disney. Hopefully someone here knows about this.
(By the way, I do have the similar one from the premiere weekend in the 80s. I'm asking specifically about the current one, not that one. This shirt is the one I want: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tavie/5477787529/ And no, I'm not the one who took this picture.)
HAHA! You linked my picture! Are they still selling this? I regret not buying it.

"Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas."

TavieP is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: