Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2003, 02:17 PM   #106
dorisdvu
Mouseketeer

2004 Entertainment rate

Are the 2004 entertainment rates out? What is the usual discount? Are there any blackout dates? Should I go ahead and make my reservation now (if the entertainment rates aren't out). I just applied for the Loews first card a few days ago. How are the upgrades? How does this hotel compare with the Royal Pacific? I tried to get reservations for March 2004 there but there was no availability, so that's why I'm wondering if I should go ahead and made my ressies while there is still availabilty at the PBH.
Old 09-07-2003, 06:50 PM   #107
kjcolv
Mouseketeer

The entertainment rate is supposed to be 50% the rack rate. so the rate varies depending on what rate the hotel has set for that date and time. The 2004 Entertainment books are available (they sell them at my sons school and we already have ours). The valid dates on the entertainment fcards are 11/1 - 11/1. You can also order the books on line.
HP - 1999
SFG - 2001
Disney Wonder 2000, 2003
kjcolv is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2003, 09:34 PM   #108
cnoji
Earning My Ears

Recomendation for a Deluxe "Water" View Room

I plan to book a Deluxe room for our first trip to Portofino. I would like a room with a nice "water" view (pool or bay). I'm tentatively thinking to get a bay view because it seems like it should be more serene/peaceful than a pool view.

Does anyone have any advice regarding this? Specific wings and/or rooms too would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.
cnoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 04:04 AM   #109
FeeFeeWhite
No longer needs to beg for updates at the Universal Orlando onsite resorts...well, at least she doesn't have to beg LOUDLY...

Deluxe

I do not think you can get a Bay Deluxe, just a deluxe pool or garden. You can not go wrong with a deluxe. The location and room are great.
FeeFeeWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 05:41 PM   #110
ksdave
DIS Veteran

The Bay View rooms (where I will be in a little over 24 hours!) in the west wing are the best. It's a short walk to the "castle" pool and all of the restaurants, and the dock for boats to the parks is right outside your window.
Old 09-09-2003, 09:41 PM   #111
SpideyHulk24
Secretly has the hots for Jennifer Garner and loves Universal Orlando!

ksdave

Hope you have a wonderful trip. Can't wait to hear your report upon your return! Take an extra ride on Hulk and Spiderman for me!!!!

Wonder 3 day 2001
Magic 7 day Eastern 2002
Magic 7 day Western 2003
Magic 7 day Western 2004
***2005...no cruising...Birth of second child***
Wonder 4 day Bahamas 2007
DREAM 3 day Bahamas 2011
DREAM 3 day Bahamas 2012
SpideyHulk24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 05:43 PM   #112
thedisneymom
I call 'em as I see 'em! Still wishes on stars! Lives for Club!!

one more question

I got my entertainment book and called PBH. I made resevations with the regular rate. The person told me to show my E card upon arrival and the e rate will be applied. Is this the correct way to do it?? I just noticed on the Entertainment site they said you must book through them and my dates for June 2004 are unavailable! HELP! ( My reservation is for a deluxe pool view pet- friendly rm for 5) Thanks ahead.

"It has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement- I knew when I was a kid."
-Walt Disney
thedisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 06:42 PM   #113
SpideyHulk24

I don't think they will apply it at checkin, unless it is available at that time, but I would not risk it. You can book it through Universal directly (reservations) and they have not released the discount yet. They say it should be out by the end of the month to December. It depends who you talk to..... Just keep checking and apply it when it becomes available. June may be tough, but not impossible.

Wonder 3 day 2001
Magic 7 day Eastern 2002
Magic 7 day Western 2003
Magic 7 day Western 2004
DREAM 3 day Bahamas 2011
DREAM 3 day Bahamas 2012
Old 09-18-2003, 08:52 AM   #114
Motherfletcher
Proud Redhead
My username is an obscure line from Shrek 4-D

How does RPH compare to PBH? PBH is luxury. Great beds and baths. I will never forget the first time I stayed there with just my 15 yr. old son on his birthday. We had a top floor with breathtaking bay view. My son was most impressed with the lighted bathroom mirror. The length of our stay though he felt like we didn't belong, like it was too ritzy. It was unlike any Disney Resort in that no one spoke to you in elevators or hallways. I stayed there again with my mother-in-law,wife and two kids in the Villas with adjoining rooms and deluxe baths. Everyone in our party agreed that it was staunch, even the charactor dinner felt stiff. A boat pilot told me he can tell the difference in the people from RPH/HRH and PBH.
My son, daughter and I just returned from a weekend at RPH where we felt much more at ease. I didn't feel out of place wearing my SpongeBob shorts. My daughter took her report card and got a Grade A Kids card that rewarded her with a free soda. I didn't ask but I feel like we were given an upgrade because of our LoewsFirst Gold Card.
I want to go to the Halloween Horror Nights in October but the weekends I can get away the only rooms available are at PBH.
I would have to say RPH is preferred for the unwashed masses such as my family.
Motherfletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 08:03 AM   #115
dorisdvu
Mouseketeer

Does the PBH offer "government" discounts?
Old 09-23-2003, 08:14 AM   #116
Motherfletcher
Proud Redhead
My username is an obscure line from Shrek 4-D

Loews Miami Beach does but I can't get any USO resort to give me a GOV rate discount online.
Motherfletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 09:17 PM   #117
ksdave
DIS Veteran

Motherfletcher, I have to disagree. My family (me, wife, DD 13, DS 11) have now stayed at PBH the last two trips to UO. We are NOT what I would classify as out of the ordinary (i.e., we are also part of the great "unwashed") and we feel very much at home and relaxed at PBH. The staff is extremely friendly and the service extraordinary. Eating at Mama Dellas is like a fun family get together at Grandmas, and the Beach pool is very much like a family day at the beach. We stayed in a Bay View back in Feb for two nights at $170 per night, and just had four nights in an upgrade to Deluxe for the same $170 per night. Both trips were thoroughly enjoyable for all of us, but particularly for the kids. We are currently reviewing dates for another trip within the next six months.
Old 09-23-2003, 09:34 PM   #118
corvair
Doesn't need a fancy tag

We also stayed there in June... 2 DDs 10 and 13.... we loved it... never felt out of place...loved Mama Delas... anyone know if there are bayveiw rooms with balconies....or in the west wing facing the beach pool are there ground floor rooms we could walk out right to the pool??? thanks..corvair
corvair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 08:19 PM   #119
SpideyHulk24

ksdave,

Thank you for posting that. I like the idea of luxury and classy, but I don't want the atmosphere to be stiff.

Thanks! Can't wait to experience it for myself.

Wonder 3 day 2001
Magic 7 day Eastern 2002
Magic 7 day Western 2003
Magic 7 day Western 2004
DREAM 3 day Bahamas 2011
DREAM 3 day Bahamas 2012
Old 09-24-2003, 09:18 PM   #120
ksdave
DIS Veteran

corvair;
Not sure about rooms going right out to the Beach pool, but the deluxe room we had on our upgrade (2236) had a really great patio with wrought iron furniture (chairs and a table) that overlooked the bocci ball court and the Villa pool. It was really great to go out there early in the morning in your robe to drink coffee and read the paper. Very peaceful and relaxing. There were a couple of days that I wasn't sure if I would be able to get my wife to leave the patio for the parks!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: