Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2003, 11:47 AM   #91
DeeCeeSW
DIS Veteran

PBH

Hi all,
Don't know if this has come up recently as I have not had time to go through the whole thread, so please bear with me...

PBH has been coming up on Hotwire for $149 a night for my September dates. I assume this is for a standard view. Will I be able to request a garden view? Has anyone here stayed at PBH through Hotwire?I know very little about Universal resorts as I have been concentrating mainly on Disney resorts. I will also check Expedia for my dates because it looks like I might be able to get a lower price than Hotwire!

Your input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!!!!!!
DeeCeeSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 09:47 AM   #92
ksdave
DIS Veteran

DeeCee;
I think $149 for PBH is a great rate, no matter what the view. I think PBH is better than GF at WDW. Could you imagine the mouse offering rooms at GF for $149???
I booked an Entertainment rate of $170 for 9/11-9/14 for a Bay View room. We stayed in a bay view, west wing room in Feb, right near the boat dock, which was awesome. We were a short walk from the "castle" pool, where my kids loved the slide and my wife and I loved the "beach" service from the bar. We're really looking forward to another five days in September!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2003, 12:01 PM   #93
FeeFeeWhite
No longer needs to beg for updates at the Universal Orlando onsite resorts...well, at least she doesn't have to beg LOUDLY...

Just got back! Ask Away!

Info - It was sold out for 3 nights while we were there and I hardly saw anyone the whole time. It was packed with conventions. The place is so huge I still felt like we were almost the only ones in the resort!

Can't wait to go back. It is my new favorite. Right up there with AKL-Conci. and BW Villa.
FeeFeeWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 09:47 AM   #94
Muffy
Oh how I wish I lived in Florida!
Likes to watch unsuspecting people try the "Beverly" at Ice Station Cool!

Does PBH have club level? Thanks!

Muffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 10:17 AM   #95
FeeFeeWhite
No longer needs to beg for updates at the Universal Orlando onsite resorts...well, at least she doesn't have to beg LOUDLY...

Club Level

No, but they are thinking about adding it back.
FeeFeeWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 11:01 AM   #96
CPM
Stands up in the Spider-Man ride for a better view
Universal Orlando onsite resorts expert

They are bringing it back. It will be aon a small scale like RPR's club. It will be in the west wing villa section. Hopefully soon!!!
CPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 03:09 PM   #97
dzneprincess
This page intentionally left blank

Ok my dates have changed from 06/12- 06/16 at HRH to 06/08-06/12 at PBH garden view. I will be travelling with 3 kids is this going to be a "fun" hotel for them? Where should I request to be put at? I got the ENT rate of $155 and right now am feeling a little unsure about the move to this hotel, as I had prepared myself for HRH, if that makes any sense LOL.
Does PBH have cabanas? Does someone have a website about this hotel that I can pore over?
Old 05-23-2003, 10:15 PM   #98
ksdave
DIS Veteran

My kids (DD 13, DS 11) love PBH. We stayed in a west wing Bay View room, which was nice and close to both the boat dock and the "castle" pool. My kids really loved this pool, with its long slide and sandy beach. They also loved eating at Mama Dellas and the pizza place with the brick oven pizzas. They can't wait to go back in Sept.
Old 05-23-2003, 10:25 PM   #99
murf
Earning My Ears

Reminder that for those on a budget, you can go to www.mousesavers.com and check out universal hints link
you will find that you can get hints on how to use hotwire.com to book a room at most or all 3 of the on site hotels at bargain rates
for instance in july we got RP for 113 a night, and I think HRH was 130 and PBH was 145 or so , the only catch is that hotwire charges your visa entirely as soon as u book and u cant change your reservations. consider it though if u like to feel you got the best rate. hotwire gives prices but doesnt tell you which hotel so mousesavers explains the symbols that tell you what hotels are offering the rate shown... hope this helps!
murf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 02:31 AM   #100
LilyThePink
Earning My Ears

Just back from PBH

We just got back from a 3 night stay at PBH. We're from the UK and had originally booked 2 nights there in the middle of our stay at Caribbean Beach at Disney. My children are 12 and 15 so this might possibly be our last trip to Universal/Disney. I really wanted to visit all 3 hotels whilst we were there so on our second day we had an afternoon at the HRH. Before our visit the girls would have definately have chosen to stay there over the PBH. But whilst they liked the pool with it's sound system they both said afterwards that they preferred the PBH. The HRH is a beautiful hotel but there is just something about the theming and the atmosphere (and the beds) at the PBH that makes it feel like an experience not just a hotel. We had also booked for Tchoup Tchoup at the Royal Pacific for dinner. So I got to look at that hotel too. We went for drinks in the Orchid Lounge and the theming is lovely. My overall opinion is all 3 hotels are great, but PBH was definately the best out of them all. We liked it so much we booked another night there. If you have any questions I would be glad to answer them, also try and read posts from Party Of Six she is the expert!
LilyThePink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 10:39 PM   #101
cpl100
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Fan2CSkr

Just trying to clear up East from West. If you want to be near the boat dock you want to be on the West side of the property not East.
I wish the map showed the key for all those numbered items!
cpl100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 09:56 PM   #102
bamacamp
Earning My Ears

Try this site. Go to the left hand side to maps. There is a list of all kinds of maps for DW and USO/IOS and others. There is a complete map of PBR with the map legend.http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/index.html
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'July 20, 2003 10:00:00 PM EDT';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkblue>Countdown to our first US/IOA </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Finally Here!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

Last edited by bamacamp; 06-25-2003 at 10:03 PM.
bamacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 10:18 PM   #103
cpl100
DIS Veteran

Thanks bamacamp.
cpl100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 11:37 PM   #104
kjcolv
Mouseketeer

Best way to make "requests"

What has been most succesful getting requests, room upgrades, specific rooms, etc. Calling the hotel directly, at check in, calling multiple times..what works best?? Do you find the people on the phone more helpful during the day? evening, middle of the night?? Just trying to figure out the best way or should I just try all of the above!! I just got my Loews card, my reservation is Entertainment rate. I have reserved a cabana and a spa package, perhaps that will help get an upgrade???
HP - 1999
SFG - 2001
Disney Wonder 2000, 2003
kjcolv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 03:42 PM   #105
randbmom
Science Teacher and Cast Member wannabe

I'm curious also about the best way to make a request for a room location. Also the timing of the request that is most effective. Does anyone fax the PBR like we do at WDW resorts?

Universal and HRH, SeaWorld, Disney Summer 2011 Grand Californian @ Disneyland July 2010 (on cross country trip) Poly for MNSSHP Oct 2009,
Two weeks, Harbour Lake and Grande Vista June/July 2009
One Day @ Disneyland Paris June 2008,Horizons by Marriott/Dolphin July 2007
HRH and Marriott Cypress Harbor 2006 Marriott Grand Vista 2005 CR,PBR,AK,Swan 2003 POR,AK 2002 Poly 2000 CBR 1997 & 1998 offsite 1994 & 1977
randbmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: