Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2012, 09:14 AM   #961
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskids2 View Post
Ok thank you. Does anyone know if you can take a Rickshaw from PBH to HRH. We will be having dinner there one night and I'm not sure at the end of the day if my DM (75) could do the walk. I know I can boat it to Citywalk and transfer which I would do if that was the only option.
You sure can!
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:25 AM   #962
diskids2
Not above grovelling for a tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
You sure can!
Best news I've heard today!
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2012, 01:46 PM   #963
pigby
This one might be a little more challenging

Just looked for APH rates and they are available up to now the day BEFORE we check in June 7th - still keeping our fingers crossed - we were all set for RPR but looking at the week before the Portofino is only $25 more than RPR per night (for a garden view room and not at the weekend) - seems like a really big discount (going for 5 nights).

The distance to the parks puts me off a little bit but would enjoy the quietness I think - HRH was too noisy for us last year.

What do you guys think - if the rates get extended at a similar price - should we go for it?

Sept 2013 Loews Hollywood/Candy Cane Inn DLR, June 2012 Portofino Bay/OKW, Aug 2011 OKW/HRH, April 2011, Candy Cane Inn DLR, California, March 2011 Sequoia Lodge DLRP, Jul 2010 HoJo, Disneyland California, Dec 2009 Santa Fe DLRP, May 2009 ASMu/BCV,Aug 2008 CSR/RPR - WDW/Universal, Oct 2007 Santa Fe DLRP,Dec 2006 Sequoia Lodge DLRP, Aug 2006 RPR/Saratoga Springs- Universal/WDW, May 2006 Cheyenne DLRP,Oct 2005 ASMo - WDW,July 2005 POP/WL - WDW, Oct 04 RPR/Pop/POFQ July 03 ASMo - WDW, Oct 02 Newport Bay DLRP, Aug 01 ASMo-WDW Sep 00 ASMo- WDW, Jun 97 Newport Bay DLRP, Jul 90 offsite WDW
pigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:14 PM   #964
MomtoGKC
DIS Veteran

We're going on our first trip to US and just booked our room at PBH. I have a few questions (well, probably more than a few..)

How long does it take to get form the hotel to IOA for the early opening for HP? Which is the best way to go - boat, walk?

How are the restaurants? I think I've been to Bice in Palm Beach, if it is the same one, so I know that is great. What about the others? How does character dining work? Which characters are there? Trying to decide if that is worth it or we should just go to a regular restaurant.

I booked a garden view room, is there a special area I should request? Am I allowed to request an area?

I think that is it for now - this is a last minute trip so I only have about 5 days to plan everything!!

Mom to DD 13 , DD 11 , DS 9

1975-present - Too many trips to remember - CR, Poly, GF, BWI, BCV, WL, AKL, ASMu, POR, CSR, Dolphin, Swan, Treehouses (old), cabins, tent camping, SOG when it was the golf resort

A few offsite - Hilton Bonnet Creek, Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Buena Vista Palace, Nick Hotel
MomtoGKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:53 AM   #965
LMO429
DIS Veteran

Just booked Portofino Bay Oct 27th -Nov 3 2012 looking forward to staying here ..we stayed at the hard rock and loved it but wanted to try something different this trip

LMO429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:54 AM   #966
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomtoGKC View Post
We're going on our first trip to US and just booked our room at PBH. I have a few questions (well, probably more than a few..)

How long does it take to get form the hotel to IOA for the early opening for HP? Which is the best way to go - boat, walk?

How are the restaurants? I think I've been to Bice in Palm Beach, if it is the same one, so I know that is great. What about the others? How does character dining work? Which characters are there? Trying to decide if that is worth it or we should just go to a regular restaurant.

I booked a garden view room, is there a special area I should request? Am I allowed to request an area?

I think that is it for now - this is a last minute trip so I only have about 5 days to plan everything!!
Sal's Deli has great pizza. I highly recommend it. It takes about 15 minutes to walk to IOA if you use the shortcut outlined in this thread. You'll have to go back and look.

There's a ton of great info here....I suggest you browse through.

For character dining, you just show up and the characters come and go.

There is a food sticky with all menus on the main Universal board. It is worth a look.

I suggest you request a room in the West or Villa wing. They are closer to the boat and to walk.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:45 AM   #967
kjd469
Addicted to WDW

Hi...I have decided to join our friends at US for 3 nights at the end of May. We are all staying at PBH, but they have booked into the club level and I got a great AP rate, so we are just in the gardenview room. Is it possible to make a request for our room to be close to theirs? Are there gardenview rooms near the club level rooms, or which "wing" would be best to request for being closer to our friends. First time staying onsite, so not familiar with this resort. Thanks so much for any help!
ABD Southwest Splendors July '09
ABD Sacred Valleys & Incan Cities Oct. '08
Inaugural Sailing of Disney Magic August '98
7 night Western Carib. Disney Magic October 2003
3 night Bahamas Disney Wonder March 2006
4 night Bahamas Disney Wonder March 2008
4 night DVC S.S. Member Cruise - Disney Wonder Sept. 2010
3 night Bahamas Disney Dream October 2011
7 night Eastern Carib. Disney Fantasy June 2012
www.whencanwego.blogspot.com
kjd469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:00 AM   #968
LMO429
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sal's Deli has great pizza. I highly recommend it. It takes about 15 minutes to walk to IOA if you use the shortcut outlined in this thread. You'll have to go back and look.

There's a ton of great info here....I suggest you browse through.

For character dining, you just show up and the characters come and go.

There is a food sticky with all menus on the main Universal board. It is worth a look.

I suggest you request a room in the West or Villa wing. They are closer to the boat and to walk.
Do you happen to know on what page of this thread is the shortcut with pics to get from portofino to IOA..I'm searching but can not find anything

Old 03-16-2012, 11:41 AM   #969
diskids2
Not above grovelling for a tag

I really WISH those walking direction from PBH to citywalk through the HRH parking lot could get a sticky! I refer back to them all the time and I have such an issue finding them!
Old 03-16-2012, 11:48 AM   #970
LMO429
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I really WISH those walking direction from PBH to citywalk through the HRH parking lot could get a sticky! I refer back to them all the time and I have such an issue finding them!
agreed. Later on today i am going to search through this thread and try and find it.

Old 03-16-2012, 11:55 AM   #971
LMO429
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That is it!!! It is unbelieveably fast that way. Just watch out for cars and buses when you walk through the parking lot and onto the street since there isn't really a path.

Here is the map post 582

Old 03-16-2012, 02:52 PM   #972
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Quote:
you could bookmark it.
save it to your 'favorites' and that way you won't lose it.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:03 PM   #973
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Looks like I was very drunk when I did that map!!!! That is how you walk from PBH after you've had more than a few at the Thirsty Fish!!!!!
Old 03-17-2012, 07:48 AM   #974
LMO429
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Looks like I was very drunk when I did that map!!!! That is how you walk from PBH after you've had more than a few at the Thirsty Fish!!!!!
I can not really tell from the map is there a traffic light when you cross what seems to be a major intersection?

Old 03-17-2012, 08:01 AM   #975
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMO429 View Post
I can not really tell from the map is there a traffic light when you cross what seems to be a major intersection?
Yes there is. It isn't a really busy road though.

I have given you the link go to www.googlemaps.com right at the intersection where you'll have to cross. You can actually see the walk that way and you'll get a better understanding of what you are going to see. Click on the arrows and you can explore.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...,0.002642&z=19

If you walk down Celebrity Cir. on the map, that is walking right alongside the HRH parking lot.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: