Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2002, 12:29 PM   #31
Daryl
DIS Veteran

I just got back Today!!!!! Yes there is a path, a walking path, it is paved,but I believe it is suitable for jogging, it goes around the resort past the Hard Rock and all the way to the Theme Parks. Hpe this helps :D
Old 10-15-2002, 01:03 PM   #32
E.Jane
Mouseketeer

Thanks Daryl! I hope you are posting a trip report soon?! We've never stayed at PBH before and I am enjoying hearing all about everyone's stay there!
E.Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-31-2002, 09:48 PM   #33
Pin Wizard
I now have a new favorite at Barnies
Don't touch my FDNY Mickey pin!
Virginia girl @ heart

Quote:
Originally posted by CPM
I have yet to be disappointed with a room at Portofino!
Nice place but...Having been there just once which was this past March, we must have been in the East wing...not a very exciting place. LOL! And we must have walked around to the left to the tiny pool which is #26 on the map. (I think that's a pool.) We never did venture to the "main" pool which a friend told me about after the fact. The room was very nice. However, our "garden view" was a bush right outside the window and some grass on a tiny hill. The bush touched the window! Very yucky view!! I won't stay in that room again.
Pin Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 03:35 PM   #34
grumbada
Imagineer Wannabe

Just Gotta Share...

Hi Folks!

DH and I just visited the RP for our Anniversary, and on Friday Nov.1 we dropped by the PB to check things out... And I saw the SWEETEST thing!!

We came upon the aftermath of a marriage proposal! Someone had "(Name) will you marry me?" spelled out, in carved-out, previously lit pumpkins!! and placed together around the edge of the bay (on the side near the ice cream shop). The entire thought was so incredibly beautiful, I almost puddled up... I felt funny about taking a picture (to post) of something that was so incredibly personal to someone else, so I didn't... I'll always remember it though...

Kudos to whomever and wherever the happy couple are!
grumbada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 04:19 PM   #35
Aisling
Where your mind goes, your behind follows
I wear as little as decently possible, so I'd end up being the town hoochie if I lived in Walnut Grove

grumbada, I wish you would have taken a picture of the pumpkin marraige proposal! What a unique and romantic idea.
Aisling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 11:33 AM   #36
*Flower*
Needs to Win the Lottery!!

Thanks Everyone....

Thanks to all of you on this thread, I've just booked us a Deluxe Pool View room at the PBH for May 29 - June 1.

BTW, the tax rate as of Jan. 1 will be going up to 11.5% per night per room- I really budget, so it was nice to be informed of this.

I took advantage of the "Save $5 and free shipping" on an Entertainment book last night, and today I was able to book the PBH at the Entertainment rate!!

It will be our first time at the PBH, so THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-17-2002, 05:38 PM   #37
corvair
Doesn't need a fancy tag

Does anyone know what the pool hours are? thanks..amy
corvair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 08:50 PM   #38
ZachnElli
Is it Spring yet?
Bad weather or not, you need more than 4 boxes

Entertainment Rate?

What is this Entertainment Rate? How do I get it? We stayed at PBH just a few months after opened and paid full price, I'd love to get a discount this time! Thanks, Dana
ZachnElli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 07:29 AM   #39
PartyofSix
TripMomma + 4

Just call the 800 to book and ask for ent. rate code for your dates. THey also offer AP, Fan Club rates. ENt rates seem to be the lowest available. If they can book you at ent rate go to www.entertainment.com and buy ANY book there is a cc looking card in the front of the book that's what they'll ask to see. Also del toria accepts this card in the resturant for discounts.

Offically PARTYOFNINE
PartyofSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 08:37 AM   #40
ZachnElli
Is it Spring yet?
Bad weather or not, you need more than 4 boxes

Thank you Party of Six! I checked on the Universal website last night and they too are running a special. They had PBH gardenview at 166 a night including tax. You just had to buy the tickets through them too, which is fine with me since I need them anyway!
ZachnElli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 03:56 PM   #41
nan60
Earning My Ears

help i'm confused

I got a deluxe room at the pbh for 180 entertainment rate. Which wing do I want to be near the dock and the pool with the slide? Also I have read that service is poor, is this true. When I booked I was told there is complimentary beverages in the lobby is this true? Thanks
nan60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 07:18 PM   #42
PartyofSix
TripMomma + 4

Nan you want to be in the West Villa's for the beach pool and quick trip to the boat dock. I have never heard anyone say that service at PBH is poor. I guess i have'nt read it all. I have been at PBH for 3 stays since July and have had nothing but star treatment from each employee i have talked to. You will love PBH. It's amazing to be there. They do not serve drinks in the lobby unless there having something special, for instance during the holidays they had a wine tasting set up in the lobby one evening. They are talking about bringing club level back to the PBH so you might like to check on that if it interest you. Also welcome to the boards. BTW what dates are you visiting so others will note when you scored your ent. rate.

Offically PARTYOFNINE
Old 01-03-2003, 07:39 PM   #43
ksdave
DIS Veteran

FYI:

The Travel Channel will be having the episode of their show, "Great Hotels", about PBH at the following dates/times:

Jan. 5th, 11:00 AM EST
Jan. 27th, 12:30 PM EST

They will also be doing shows about Disney's Grand Floridian, Animal Kingdom Lodge, and Yacht & Beach Club Resorts during January. You can get the schedules at their website, www.travelchannel.com.
Old 01-04-2003, 02:34 PM   #44
nan60
Earning My Ears

I got the entertainment rate for 3/30 thru 4/5 deluxe room at Pbh
for 180. Is there a place to grab a quick breakfast we are not big breakfast eaters. Also is there any place to get milk my kids like to have a glass before bed and i I also like regular milk in my coffee. I understand there are coffe makers in the room. Thanks for everyone's help.
nan60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 03:08 PM   #45
PartyofSix
TripMomma + 4

We took a cooler and put a gal of milk in it. You can buy it at the gift shop next to the front desk also.

Offically PARTYOFNINE

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: