Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2002, 10:10 AM   #16
corvair
Doesn't need a fancy tag

CPM. thanks for the reply about west wing. Would I need to book a certain veiw to be in the west wing? Or certain kind of room? thanks. amy
corvair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 11:37 AM   #17
PartyofSix
TripMomma + 4

Amy,

Double check with CPM I think she may have meant East Villa's Not WEST Villa's. East Villas are right above the Beach Pool facing North and Villa pool if your in a South Facing room. Our rooms 2663,2665,2677 are facing out over beach pool area. Now rooms 2674,2676 directly overlook Villa Pool. REcheck on that I don't want you to be stuck over in no mans land on the West side w/out the beach pool.

Offically PARTYOFNINE
PartyofSix is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2002, 01:30 PM   #18
Fan2CSkr
If you can judge a wise man by the color of his skin, then mister you're a better man than I

East Guest Wing rooms start with a 1

West Guest Wing rooms start with a 3

Villa Guest Wing rooms start with a 2

The second digit would be the floor #
The Third/Fourth digit is the room #

Hospitality Wing would be rooms numbered 2324-2529
Villa Guest Wing would be rooms numbered 2230-2693
West Guest Wing 3130-3567
East Guest Wing 1130-1598

My personal opinion when booking a gardenview or bayview room only is to request the WEST wing rooms. They are closest to the boat, pool and most everything else. East wing rooms are closest to the Hillside pool and that is way far from the boat dock.

I think that CPM was not speaking of the "villa" rooms but the west and east winged rooms in general. Villa rooms are a whole different location.
Fan2CSkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 01:34 PM   #19
E.Jane
Mouseketeer

I just had another question about room location - are there certain rooms/wings where we'd have a better chance with getting a "parlour" upgrade? I like the sound of room 2258, but not at the cost of missing out on a possible upgrade.

I want it ALL - a deluxe room, with patio/balcony, preferably ground level overlooking the villa pool, with a parlour next door in case we luck out on an upgrade. I don't want too much, do I?!

So, does anyone know if such a room exists?
E.Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 05:24 PM   #20
corvair
Doesn't need a fancy tag

Partyofsix, what is a villa room. Is there a room that would be called pool veiw? we will problably just go with a regular room with 2 doulble beds. I do want to be near the main pool. I did not book yet, I am getting ready to call and book for May using the entertainment rate, AAA. or fan club. I will try to get the best rate and room near the main pool. thanks for any help. I have never stayed on sight at Universal, this is all new to me. thanks..amy
Old 10-06-2002, 08:42 PM   #21
PartyofSix
TripMomma + 4

Hey Amy, I'm glad to see your finally taking the plunge>LOL Now what pool are you calling the Main pool? There is a beach and Villa pool and there basically is a wing of rooms that run in between them you take the same elevator for both those pools when you get off you literally are at the pool gates you take a left for the villa and a right for the beach pool. You would be very, very, close to the boat dock too. The third pool I never got around to visiting as it was on the West side of the hotel. Yes, it's big enough to describe WEst to East.LOL A villa is a room remember you are in italy amy.LOL Call and request room 2663 this room will be a deluxe with two queen beds and a baloncy over looking the beach pool it's a nice room. It'll go for 180.00 ent. rate. I don't believe PBH has rooms with double beds though amy. These are lovely, rooms I just can't wait for you to go and come back and rave about this place I hope your family appreciates all the hard work you have put into everyones vacation. If you'd rater over look the villa pool ask for 2676 (balcony) or 2674 no balcony both have queen beds and are deluxe rooms

Offically PARTYOFNINE
PartyofSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 09:52 PM   #22
corvair
Doesn't need a fancy tag

Thanks partyofsix. when I say main pool, I am talking about the pool with the slide. I guess that would be the beach pool. $180.00 entertainment rate is a great rate. I hope I can get that rate. thanks,,amy
Old 10-06-2002, 09:57 PM   #23
Fan2CSkr
If you can judge a wise man by the color of his skin, then mister you're a better man than I

Just trying to clear up East from West. If you want to be near the boat dock you want to be on the West side of the property not East.
Old 10-06-2002, 11:18 PM   #24
CPM
Stands up in the Spider-Man ride for a better view
Universal Orlando onsite resorts expert

Talking

OMG! You guys have even me confused! I was at Busch Gardens all weekend, sorry I didn't respond any sooner.
I didn't realize that the villa rooms aren't considered to be in the west wing. I usually just request west wing /villa room & I have always had a villa room. I don't remember the room #'s off hand except the last one was 2333 king bed/bay view.
The others have been facing the villa pool and right near the elevator that walks out to either pool which is very convenient.
I would love a balcony someday but I don't think I would be able to sleep in a smoking room. I don't think I would like being in the East wing, seems to far from everything. And the Hillside pool is just ordinary.
I have yet to be disappointed with a room at Portofino!
CPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 06:24 AM   #25
corvair
Doesn't need a fancy tag

Are all the rooms concidered villas? thanks..amy
Old 10-08-2002, 11:29 PM   #26
ksdave
DIS Veteran

Just booked Sat., Feb. 1st, Bay View room for $170, Entertainment rate. How are the Bay View rooms? Are they as big as the regular rooms at WDW Poly?
Kids, DW and I are really looking forward to this business trip
Old 10-08-2002, 11:58 PM   #27
CPM
Stands up in the Spider-Man ride for a better view
Universal Orlando onsite resorts expert

Quote:
Originally posted by corvair
Are all the rooms concidered villas? thanks..amy
No, they started out being the concierge rooms. They are a bit larger, and they have a separate shower and tub, and a few more design touches. The rooms start in the hall off the lobby snd go around the villa pool.
CPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 12:00 AM   #28
Fan2CSkr

Hi Dave,

Portofino gardenview and bayview are 462 sq ft (average)
Poly is 409 sq ft. (average)

Were staying at both these hotels in december and I cant wait!!

business trip Have Fun
Old 10-09-2002, 01:03 PM   #29
ksdave
DIS Veteran

Thanks Fan2CSkr. That's what I wanted to hear.
Old 10-15-2002, 12:11 PM   #30
E.Jane
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if there are jogging trails at the PBH? And if so, how long are they?
E.Jane is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: