Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2004, 09:09 PM   #181
Familyof14
DIS Veteran

Motherfletcher

You will have to work out even harder tomorrow if you eat those cookies! :D

Thanks for sharing the spa info. I was the one that said something about using the spa for showering. Where is the spa located? That could make a BIG difference in whether we could use it.
Familyof14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 06:29 AM   #182
Motherfletcher
Proud Redhead
My username is an obscure line from Shrek 4-D

It is in the middle of the villa wing on the first floor (pool level) on a hallway cut through between the villa and beach pools.
I took my daughter this morning and it was very nice. She used all of the skin cleansers, toners, toothbrush/paste, shampoo, conditioner, hair spray, deodorant, lotion, etc. that they offered. We had a nice soak and chat alone in the whirlpool for half an hour.
The elevator for the spa wasn't far at all from our club room.
I better go get my son up. The club lounge morning offerings have some really nice fruit this morning. The strawberries are bigger than ping pong balls (not pithy) and the fresh red raspberries really take me home. They have every kind of dry cereal and 8 or 9 different rolls and bagels.
Off to USO and FOTL!
Motherfletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2004, 09:37 AM   #183
coachYO & my 3 girls
Mouseketeer

Familyof14, I meant that they put people in rooms at the Portifino, the Deluxe rooms which are the same as the club level rooms, with the larger bathrooms with the seperate shower and tub. I loved our location much better than if I was up on the 5th or 6th floor which are "club level rooms" I could get around to everyhthing I wanted quickly by stair or elevator, we were closer to the villa pool and beach pool area also and could be out in the harbor area in seconds or the the club just as well. It was great! I remember those strawberries well, and the melons were great too! Everyone enjoy! YO

coachYO & my 3 girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 12:21 PM   #184
Familyof14
DIS Veteran

Thank you for the info from both of you. The spa sounds nice. I hope they do not move us because we really need the regular bathroom since we have 5 adults. Can't take a shower and have someone brushing their teeth without losing privacy.
Old 06-23-2004, 04:43 PM   #185
cjsmith
We can head over there together after the DIS meet!
Loved Stingray City!

Re: Were we at the same PBH?

Quote:
Originally posted by coachYO & my 3 girls
We just left friday morning. Our experience was fantastic. Sorry yours was so bad. I upgraded to club after we got there. $60 a night. I never saw the club too busy that you couldn't find a place to sit or that food ran out. We had 4 nights and and used it each day for breakfast and the evening cocktail hour and the the nightly cookies and milk ( which I thought was the cheapest of all their offerings) They had wines and bud, budlight and peroni beers along with the assorted cheeses and meats and crackers. We also used it for the sodas and coffee and bottled water through out the day. The staff worked very had to accomodate everyone. I know they were over booked and had to place others in other rooms, we stayed in 2240 with a great patio over looking the bacci ball court and the villa pool. The room is exactly the same as club level rooms. (that's what I was told) For the price we got our $ worth as we would eat breakfast around 9 and then my youngest would want to got back and take a nap, meds wipe her out, then grab waters and sodas on the way out around 11 ish and with the room key get to ride all the rides we wanted and then have an early diner and then enjoy the cocktail hour then hit the pool. I asked one of the ladies in the club about the welcoming gift and she looked us up and said we didn't qualify for it as we used the ENT rate, but then said it would be taken care of, when we got back to our room after swimming, a bottle of white and nuts were there and the beds turned down the rest of our stay with chocolates included. The place never seemed busy until thursday night when we looked out from the cocktail hour and saw the lines for the water taxi, that did not look good, but then we didn't have to use them. Again, sorry your stay wasn't as enjoyable as ours.

YO

We checked in on Friday, maybe it's the weekend that makes the difference. I do know that they were sold out over the weekend. Sunday morning they said it was a zoo checking everyone out. The manager had said that if only we were there during the week, our stay would have been different.

Carolyn

Way too many trips to Disney to count them!
July 19, 2002 Wonder
January 5, 2003 Wonder
June 7, 2003 Magic
January 3, 2004 Magic
July 23, 2006 Wonder
cjsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 09:48 PM   #186
thedisneymom
I call 'em as I see 'em! Still wishes on stars! Lives for Club!!

Talking Motherflether

Hi! I'm arriving around noon tomorrow-will you still be at PBH? See ya in the club lounge! Me -DM47,DH47,DS 21, DD15 Did you get the room number you wanted with the balcony-2663? Is it nice?

"It has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement- I knew when I was a kid."
-Walt Disney
thedisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 09:48 AM   #187
Familyof14
DIS Veteran

Unhappy

We arrive late Friday night (hope all rooms are not gone, but I will call to let them know we will arrive late) and we check out early Sunday morning. UGH! Don't they have an Express checkout so that we do not have to go through the desk? We will be on a mission to the cruise port.
Old 06-24-2004, 05:20 PM   #188
GeminiMom
"Tag Team" would be a name best suited for a pair of wrestlers or a rap group, but not for a group tag fairies
Fan of old school wrestlers
Secretly has the hots for the Dark Marauder

Quote:
Originally posted by Familyof14
We arrive late Friday night (hope all rooms are not gone, but I will call to let them know we will arrive late) and we check out early Sunday morning. UGH! Don't they have an Express checkout so that we do not have to go through the desk? We will be on a mission to the cruise port.
Familyof14,
We checked out via the TV in the room when we were there a few weeks ago. Pulled up the information in the guest services menu on the remote, verified that all the charges were correct & checked out. Never had to bother with the front desk! Enjoy your stay at PB & your cruise!:D
GeminiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 07:19 PM   #189
Familyof14
DIS Veteran

Old 06-26-2004, 04:35 PM   #190
Motherfletcher
Proud Redhead

They offer three options for check out. It is painless.
Old 06-27-2004, 04:58 AM   #191
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

two questions (i apologize if they've been asked before):

how late are the pools open?

where are the club level rooms located?

oh...and where is the club level lounge located?

thanks!
Old 06-27-2004, 02:01 PM   #192
coachYO & my 3 girls
Mouseketeer

Thats 3 questions.
The beach pool until 9 or 10 and the Villa pool until 11 I believe.

Club level rooms are on the 5th & 6th floor of the Villa wing

The club lounge is on the 3rd floor, same floor you come in on to register, just down the hall from the front desk, just past the American Lounge.

You'll love the place. YO

coachYO & my 3 girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 03:26 PM   #193
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me

thanks...
well this should be interesting...our very first time staying at universal...we visited the parks once 3 years ago, but didn't stay onsite... i should add that we had hated them......nevertheless, we decided to give it another chance...this time staying onsite to see what it's like...i'm looking forwards to it...especially the portofino...

is it very far from the villa wing to the club level lounge?..
does the lounge tend to get crowded?...
it's kind of exciting trying something completely new...
Old 06-28-2004, 05:18 AM   #194
Motherfletcher
Proud Redhead

I think that the club lounge could be busy for the time of your stay. I would recommend arriving early.
The villa wing can be very far from the club lounge. I have stayed in the farthest room #2397 and thought I would never get there. It was a hardship for my MIL.

Pools-
Beach pool- 8-10
Villa pool- 6-11
Hillside pool 8-6
I watched as they ran the people out of the beach pool right at 10 o'clock. But I saw a guy swimming before 8 in the morning.

thedisneymom- I think we just missed you.
Old 06-29-2004, 02:24 PM   #195
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me

it's going to be really hard to drag DD and DS out of the room if the concierge lounge is that far away.....this does not bode well for our opinion of universal....talk about inconvenient...

does the hard rock hotel have concierge?....i wonder if the situation is better there....

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: