Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2014, 03:36 PM   #1
chocolatecake
Earning My Ears

? about stroller rental

I am looking to rent a stroller for my 3 year old. We are staying at the Royal Pacific at the end of May.

I was all set to put my reservation through with Kingdom Strollers - when I noticed in their FAQs that they don't deliver to Universal Hotels because the hotels have a policy that they will not accept the stroller unless the guest is present.

Orlando Strollers does not list any of the Universal hotels but Apple Strollers does.

Just wondering if anyone has done it before I call.

Thanks!
chocolatecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:02 PM   #2
mjohnson96
DIS Veteran

They will only deliver if you meet them there at the time of delivery, so you can't have it there waiting or anything. This was very annoying last year, and it all has to do with Lowes not wanting to be responsible for the strollers and have them clogging up their bell area.

I had to meet the guy when we checked in at Lowes, which was good since the first one he was going to leave did not recline so he had to get another one anyways. Then on checkout day they had me leave it in a cubby near the bell area and they came and picked it up.

It is a huge pain and when I called and spoke to a manager they tried to blame the stroller companies first until they realized it was their policy now. It is one that just sucks and makes it hard for those of us that like to rent them. This year we are bringing our city mini with us, just to much of a hassle to not do it.

Not all stroller companies will help you on this, I don't remember who we used but it was the one that Universal gave us and they did not have the City Mini.

mjohnson96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 02:20 PM   #3
chocolatecake
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the reply. It was what I was expecting to hear.

Guess I will be lugging my stroller with my from home .
chocolatecake is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: