Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2003, 11:44 AM   #121
RyGuy
Universal On-Site Hotel Expert

Ramie,

The club rooms at RPR are located on the 7th floor of the royal tower. Some of the rooms have very nice pool views while others have not so good views of the convention center and I-4. None of the rooms at RPR have balconies. I have never been in late December so I can't help you with crowds but your room key is your express pass so you don't have to worry about waiting in any long lines.
RyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 12:26 PM   #122
Ramie
Earning My Ears

RyGuy - Thanks for your reply. I too have stayed at the PBH, and I hope I will not be disappointed with the RPH. What is your take on this?
Ramie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2003, 07:47 PM   #123
hmontgomry
Mouseketeer

Question Chances of upgrade

Do they always automatically upgrade you to concierge if there is something available being a loews blue card member or do you ask? I wonder what the chances are during X-Mas-probably slim to none!!
WDW All Star Movies- Feb 2003
Universal/IOA Hard Rock- Feb 2003
Universal/IOA Royal Pacific - Dec 2003
Disneyland/DLH-September 2004
WDW POP Sept 29th-Oct 5th 2006
WDW POR Nov 21-28 2008
WDW AKL Sept 23-26 2009
Universal/IOA Hard Rock Sept 26-30 2009
DCL MR Jan 2012

hmontgomry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 07:20 PM   #124
debden
DIS Veteran
I have a nice big bed so there's enough room for all. (cats, people. She's talking about cats!)

Thumbs up Royal Pacific Resort was great!!

Hi,We just got back today.We stayed at the Royal Pacific Resort for a couple of nights and its soooooooo nice!We were at the Hard Rock a couple of years ago and loved it! Now we have two favorite resorts.Wow,the Royal Pacific is a really nice hotel.We checked in at 8:30 am and our room was ready! Woo-hoo....
We were in Tower 1 in Room#1548.It was a nice room with two queen beds and a view of Dr Dooms and the Hulk.That was a suprise! The room is nice just right for the three of us. Service at the desk was fast.No one else was checking in.The pool was great.Not deep but that's OK.It was fun.I also enjoyed the drinks at the pool bar.I remember my favorite was called the 'Big Bula'.
MMM-MMMM good! Can't wait to get back!
Debbie
debden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 02:20 AM   #125
Motherfletcher
Proud Redhead
My username is an obscure line from Shrek 4-D

debden- Welcome back, sounds like you had a great room! You got me excited. I have read alot of good things about Tower 1. I just made ressies last night and I requested Tower 1. We have stayed in Tower 2 and had a very similar view of the Hulk and IOA from the 6th floor.
We have stayed in Tower 3 on the 3rd with a view of

Ramie- I think you was wise in getting club level when you did. I just got 12/21 ressies last night for me and the kids, DD10 and DS15, and I just wanted standard for 109. They were out of 2 queens standard and only had 4 pool view queens ($129) left. So it sounds like they might run out of rooms for your time. Let me know if you want to meet and show off the Club Level! We have stayed at both HRH and PBH bayview w/balcony & deluxe and RPR club should not disappoint. We will be in Orlando 12/19-12/24, home for Christmas and back again if all works out today. The crowds won't be a problem for you with FOTL. The only attraction that might be affected is Mt. Crumpit and you can do it early.

hmontgomery- I might have answered your upgrade question already. I don't think that upgrades over Christmas will be easy let alone automatic. I'm Loews Gold and from what I have learned on the hotel threads is it might be possible to upgrade but to Club but it will cost you. RyGuy can tell you more. Of course RyGuy is lucky, too. He got 10/31 ressies a week in advance!

RyGuy- Just talking about you. I have pool view and requested Tower 1 for 12/21. I was thinking of faxing my request again with a 7th floor request as well about 12/18? What do you think it would cost to upgrade to Club? Is there a room specific that I should ask for?
Motherfletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 06:47 AM   #126
Eclpz314
ADDICOMNIAC
I must've sounded scary or looked scary because they just said "ok" and kinda backed away
...everything is something...

Hi Debden. You mentioned the pool not being very deep. I remember reading some info back in the summer that all newer pools would be shallower with no diving boards, etc. because of insurance problems. Glad you had a good time!
Eclpz314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 08:03 AM   #127
Ramie
Earning My Ears

Motherfletcher

Would love to meet. I will be there with my DH, DD15, and my parents who I also got a club level room. We will be there 12/20 and leaving on 12/25. Don't know what room, so maybe we can schedule sometime to meet, or can you find me???? I hope the weather is nice - not sure if I should bring my winter coat with me or leave it in the car at the Pennsylvania airport!! Any suggestions? Can't wait, and glad to know I won't be disappointed with RPR. Hope to see you there. By the way, won't be getting to RPR until afternoon, probably @ 3:00 or so.
Ramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 11:55 AM   #128
RyGuy

MotherFletcher,

I think faxing your request in on the 18th is a good idea. I thought I remembered you saying that you wanted a room with a view of the fireworks? If that is still so, then a pool view in tower 1 will not be what you want. If pool view is your only option then you would need a room in tower 3 that is on the far end of that tower. (right side when the hallway forks and as far down as possible on the right) The higher the better to avoide obstructions. I toured the 7th floor Presidential Suite, which is all the way at the end of the hall and it had a great view of the pool as well as IOA. Your best bet will probably be the 5th floor because at the end of the hallway on the 6th floor is the second Presidential Suite. Sorry I can't help you out with specific room numbers. As for upgrading to club, I booked with the ENT rate back in October ($109 - very lucky!) and was quoted $80 to upgrade to club. You never know what they can and will do but I have been told at all three hotels that upgrading to club will cost money. I think it has a lot to do with the rate your paying. Let me know if you need any more info.
Old 12-12-2003, 05:06 PM   #129
Motherfletcher
Proud Redhead

They aren't going to start the fireworks until after the 21st. All I could get was waterview. Should I still request Tower 1?
Old 12-12-2003, 05:40 PM   #130
RyGuy

If the fireworks aren't an issue then tower 1 is fine. Unless of course you would like a view of IOA as well. If thats the case go for tower 3. Try for the highest floor possible in either tower to avoid any obstructions. Let me know how things go. Have an awesome trip!

Last edited by RyGuy; 12-17-2003 at 11:02 PM.
Old 12-17-2003, 10:53 AM   #131
Motherfletcher
Proud Redhead

Ramie- The weather is a concern of mine as well. I've been monitoring the weather sites and local tv. Today it says:

Sat. 12/20 Hi 59 Lo 36 Partly cloudy
Sun. 12/21 Hi 66 Lo 41 Partly cloudy
Mon. 12/22 Hi 71 Lo 51 Partly cloudy
Tue. 12/23 Hi 73 Lo 56 Partly cloudy

I don't think you need a parka but I wouldn't leave without a coat.

RyGuy- My daughter, 10, did a drawing of Bullwinkle with a Santa hat, grass skirt, RPR letter sweater and waving a "Bula Bula" penant. I wrote my request for Tower 1, 7th floor under the drawing and I'm going to fax it tomorrow. It is too damn cute not to get the room I asked for. If you can think of anything to add please let me know before tomorrow.
Old 12-17-2003, 11:34 AM   #132
FeeFeeWhite
No longer needs to beg for updates at the Universal Orlando onsite resorts...well, at least she doesn't have to beg LOUDLY...

Views

We were in Tower 3 on the 6th Floor with the suite with the pool view. It is a wonderful dead center view from every window. I think we had around 8 windows and each view was wonderful. You could see the top of the Hulk and we would just stare and also you had a view of the pool side movie (alas without sound), but we enjoyed it anyway. I do not believe you could go wrong with any upper floor in Tower 3 with a pool view.
FeeFeeWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 11:08 PM   #133
RyGuy

Motherfletcher,

I think you are good to go. I would have loved to have seen your daughters drawing. I'm sure it was great. Enjoy RPR!
Old 12-17-2003, 11:11 PM   #134
RyGuy

FeeFeeWhite,

Was it the 6th floor Presidential that you stayed in? I would love to see pictures if you have any.
Old 12-24-2003, 04:33 PM   #135
Motherfletcher
Proud Redhead

RyGuy-
The fax and sketches worked like a charm. The Manager put a note on our ressies for a specific room(1712). The only problem we had was the room wasn't ready until after 5. The next visit I am going to request a standard on the top floor of Tower 1.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: