Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2002, 09:55 AM   #16
Robinrs
DIS Veteran

uh... roMANtic, Maggie??? Why would you be asking????

Robinrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 02:32 PM   #17
Saffron
Palm Tree Hugger

LOL!

I Will never tell.

Whoops sorry. Back to parking questions.
When you look into a child's face, and you're seeing the human race, and the endless possibilities there where so much can come true, and you think of the beautiful things a child can do, how long -- would the child survive, how long -- if it was up to you?
When you think about the money spent on defense by a government and the weapons of destruction we've built, we're so sure that we need, and you think of the millions and millions that money could feed, how long -- can you hear someone crying, how long -- can you hear someone dying before you ask yourself why?
... Jackson Browne

Saffron is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2002, 09:08 AM   #18
Fan2CSkr
If you can judge a wise man by the color of his skin, then mister you're a better man than I

Saffron,

Someone posted this link here and I wanted to share it with you. It really showedmany pictures with wonderful details all about the Royal Pacific. It sold me! Looks very romantic

ThemePark Adventure
Fan2CSkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 11:21 AM   #19
Saffron
Palm Tree Hugger

Thank you Fan2CSkr!

I browsed through the pictures very quickly. Hopefully this afternoon I'll find the time to relax and read the review! Thank you very much!
When you look into a child's face, and you're seeing the human race, and the endless possibilities there where so much can come true, and you think of the beautiful things a child can do, how long -- would the child survive, how long -- if it was up to you?
When you think about the money spent on defense by a government and the weapons of destruction we've built, we're so sure that we need, and you think of the millions and millions that money could feed, how long -- can you hear someone crying, how long -- can you hear someone dying before you ask yourself why?
... Jackson Browne

Old 10-16-2002, 12:24 PM   #20
grumbada
Imagineer Wannabe

VERY nice!

My thanks to you Fan2CSkr (as well as to whoever had posted the link initially) !

Great pics and great reading!... I made sure to share this with my husband as well, so he can see it too! I can't believe we'll be there 2 weeks from today! I'm not ready!!

Thanks again, everybody!
grumbada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 02:59 PM   #21
grumbada
Imagineer Wannabe

Tell Ya' What...

Since hubby and I will be staying at the RP for 3 nights next week (standard room) 10/30 - 11-2 ... Does anyone have any specific questions you'd like me to get answers for, pictures you'd like me to take, maps you'd like me to scan, etc...? I can give it a shot, if I know what to look for...

Perhaps this will inspire us to finally put together that website we've been meaning to start...
Old 10-22-2002, 03:10 PM   #22
Aisling
Where your mind goes, your behind follows
I wear as little as decently possible, so I'd end up being the town hoochie if I lived in Walnut Grove

grumbada,
I'll be at RP this summer. Please remember all the fine details, like how soft the bed is, if the furniture looks "cheap/tacky" (which I find hard to believe but read on another board), if the CMs are of Pacific Islander descent (like they have Africans at AKL), any extra-special-must-have food items at the hotel restaurants, etc. Thanks!
Have a lovely trip!
Aisling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2002, 10:22 AM   #23
Saffron
Palm Tree Hugger

Wow grumbada! That is very nice of you! Thank you for thinking of us all!

We were wondering if you could fill us in on the parking situation when you get back. Like, how much of a hassle is it?

Also we were wondering if you could tell us what the view is like from your room? We booked a standard room, but we are thinking about upgrading to a water view room.

I hope you have a wonderful, safe, fun filled trip! :D :D
... Jackson Browne

Old 10-25-2002, 07:06 AM   #24
SnowWitch
DIS Veteran

I would love to have the e-mail address of the manager.
Old 10-25-2002, 09:44 AM   #25
grumbada
Imagineer Wannabe

Making my list, checking it twice...

Duly noted, Aisling, Saffron and SnowWitch!

Keep the requests coming folks, I will write 'em down and take 'em with me...
My own personal "to-do" scavenger list...
Old 11-05-2002, 03:41 PM   #26
grumbada
Imagineer Wannabe

I'm Baa-aaaaaaack!

Sorry this is taking me so long... I'm still in the midst of balancing happily aching muscles, going back to work, and finishing celebrating a birthday... A longer report will be coming soon, hopefully with links to pictures of the RP we'd taken!

Aisling:
The bed was very firm, but not hard... Probably the best sleep we've had in a long time. My morning ritual of waking up with a really bad lower-back ache magically disappeared after the first night's sleep... (and unfortunately returned after sleeping in my own bed at home). Beds are triple sheeted (fitted underneath you, one over you, and one between the woven blanket and the comforter. The comforter is not the down one like at the Hard Rock Hotel, but it is not a cheap one either. The pillows are feather-down and oh-so-cushy!

I have no idea why anyone would think the furniture would be cheap or tacky. Perhaps that can be chalked up to personal preference. This furniture was heavy, dark wood, and looked to be mostly hand-carved or otherwise hand-laithed. I don't think the light-colored weave in the head board and chest-of-drawers is real reed, but on closer inspection, it did not appear to be plastic either... I can guarantee you this is not cheap stuff... The bed frame is bolted to the wall and does not bang against the wall when you sit on the bed (weirdo that I am, I tested this). If you grab a top ends of it and wiggle it, it will though.

As far as whether or not "if the CMs are of Pacific Islander descent (like they have
Africans at AKL)"... That's a tough call... I didn't ask anyone where they where from... none of the girls at the front desk appeared to be of any other descent than Floridian. The ladies that worked the concierge desk each time I visited, physically appeared to be of Asian or Pacific Island decent, but I think that could be just be coincidence... (In answer to your question, I don't know if that's something they'd done on perpose or not)

Must-have food items? Honestly, I'm the wrong person to ask. The food prices were a bit too rich for my blood and we ended up at at CityWalk, but I can tell you that the frozen drinks are REALLY tasty. I had a nacho plate at Jake's (LOVE the story line and the decor!), not as meaty as I'd expected it to be from the menu description, but included a 50% or so portion of length-wise banana chips! Great dipping sauce to go with it too, served in a wooden hand-carved bowl shaped like a pineapple. Hubby tells me that he's going to write a trip report too and he has a better memory for food details than me. There was this one drink at Jake's... I think it was almost $20... a 32oz drink.... I think it was called the Komonyouknowyouwannadrinkme (?)... I was dying to see what one of those looked like!

Saffron:
Parking was not a problem and is $6 a day (although I'm still waiting for that charge to show up). If you don't see a spot in the lot as you wind around the first few aisles, there is another group of aisles just to the left of it which always seemed to have plenty of spaces. We never had to drive back that far to find one though. The walk to the front desk is not really that far, and you can get there in a few minutes... Soon I will post a picture of the view from our room that will give a really good idea of the distance from lot to front entrance. (Interesting story that goes with it, I'll have to tell you later).

And btw.... I found this resort to be extremely romantic!
I LOVED this Resort, and I can't say enough good things about it...

(And I'll tell you more very soon)
Old 11-05-2002, 09:52 PM   #27
Saffron
Palm Tree Hugger

grumbada! Welcome home! :D :D

Thank you so much for the information. It sounds like you really enjoyed your stay! I can't wait to read both of your reports.
:D :D The rooms sound devine!! I can't wait to see any pictures you post! Thank you for the information about parking. That eased my mind a lot. :D

This is great! I can't wait to read more! Thank you again! :D
... Jackson Browne

Old 11-06-2002, 06:37 AM   #28
laf0165
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the report, grumbada. We will be there in January and I am definately going to try that $20 drink at Jake's!!! Just once as a special Birthday thing. I'll probably need only one. My husband better start working out because I am sure that drink packs a punch and he'll have to carry me back to the room! lol

Jan. 2003 - Hard Rock Hotel (Club Level)
laf0165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 08:29 AM   #29
Aisling
Where your mind goes, your behind follows
I wear as little as decently possible, so I'd end up being the town hoochie if I lived in Walnut Grove

grumbada,
wow, you sure do have a talent for details! Thank you!
Aisling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 09:32 PM   #30
PartyofSix
TripMomma + 4

Aisling i hope you don't mind but I could'nt PM you. You would'nt happen to be over here from the UK would you? I meet a Aisling once a few years ago on another board and I could resist asking you hope you don't mind.

Offically PARTYOFNINE
PartyofSix is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: