Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2012, 11:34 AM   #1756
Jonesloonybin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by macraven View Post
when your packet is issued, i tell the TM at the check in to remove the bar key.
it is then noted on my ressie i refused the key.

i always call star service on the phone to come pick up the million dollar bottle of water and nuts and cookies.

they take care of that and note to housekeeping the products were removed by them so no charges will occur on your bill.
Thank you!

Trips: May 2011 Pop/May 2012 Pop/February 2013 POFQ
Dining report:May 2011
May 2012 PTR: Don't tell them we are going back!
Jonesloonybin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:00 PM   #1757
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-30-2012, 05:22 PM   #1758
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
Thanks!

One more question: We'll have a rental car this time. Our Delta flight leaves at 5:35pm. I was thinking about dropping the rental car off at 4:00pm. Will that give us enough time to get through security and if so, what time should we leave RPR to get to the airport?
After nearly missing a flight due to mismanagement of time (by me), we aim to be walking in the doors of the airport at least 2 hours before a domestic flight. At least.

At MCO, every time we have been FORCED to go through the family line, whereas at different airports we can choose a different line if we wish to, even though we do have a child. We have flown a lot, and even if each of us might have a bag or two, we know what to do and don't need a line with lots of first-timers. But at MCO we have been outright denied access to the normal line, and I won't even get into the TSA person who laughed at the concept of a child being a frequent traveler (it didn't help my case that he flustered me so much I dropped one of the things I was holding while talking to him).

The family line is long. Long long long. At least, when we've experienced it during a mid-December, a later-September, and a mid-February, it's been long long long.

So there's no chance you would find my family dropping off the car at 4 for a flight that soon. If you haven't been there, know that the elevators to get up to the baggage drop areas can be jam-packed, and you might have to wait several elevator cycles just to get into one. That's been our experience using the elevators near the National area, at least. We have never gotten onto the first elevator that showed up, and generally have to wait for several elevators to go before there is room for the 3 of us and our bags.

Every step of the way at MCO can take time, and so we have been dropping off our car at the 3 hour mark.

Sure, that might mean that you'll be there for ages, if you hit a lull for drop-off, elevator use, and security, but after our experience almost missing that flight, I'd rather be bored at the airport for nearly 2 hours than be running to the gate with shoes flapping and pants falling down b/c you couldn't put your belt back on!

Don't forget that you'll also need to gas up the car on the way to the airport.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:16 PM   #1759
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
After nearly missing a flight due to mismanagement of time (by me), we aim to be walking in the doors of the airport at least 2 hours before a domestic flight. At least.

At MCO, every time we have been FORCED to go through the family line, whereas at different airports we can choose a different line if we wish to, even though we do have a child. We have flown a lot, and even if each of us might have a bag or two, we know what to do and don't need a line with lots of first-timers. But at MCO we have been outright denied access to the normal line, and I won't even get into the TSA person who laughed at the concept of a child being a frequent traveler (it didn't help my case that he flustered me so much I dropped one of the things I was holding while talking to him).

The family line is long. Long long long. At least, when we've experienced it during a mid-December, a later-September, and a mid-February, it's been long long long.

So there's no chance you would find my family dropping off the car at 4 for a flight that soon. If you haven't been there, know that the elevators to get up to the baggage drop areas can be jam-packed, and you might have to wait several elevator cycles just to get into one. That's been our experience using the elevators near the National area, at least. We have never gotten onto the first elevator that showed up, and generally have to wait for several elevators to go before there is room for the 3 of us and our bags.

Every step of the way at MCO can take time, and so we have been dropping off our car at the 3 hour mark.

Sure, that might mean that you'll be there for ages, if you hit a lull for drop-off, elevator use, and security, but after our experience almost missing that flight, I'd rather be bored at the airport for nearly 2 hours than be running to the gate with shoes flapping and pants falling down b/c you couldn't put your belt back on!

Don't forget that you'll also need to gas up the car on the way to the airport.
I wish I could convince my daughter of that, without actually almost missing a flight !!She has already started "We are NOT going to the airport 3 hours before take off time " I try to explain that you load 1/2 hour before , making the 3 hrs = 2 1/2 That you need to allow baggage check time of 30mins , also for each step security, getting to your gate and that last potty stop . You may sit for 45 minutes tops . Next april we will be renting a car so ahead a good 30 mins for that
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:45 PM   #1760
cc_nike
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I wish I could convince my daughter of that, without actually almost missing a flight !!She has already started "We are NOT going to the airport 3 hours before take off time " I try to explain that you load 1/2 hour before , making the 3 hrs = 2 1/2 That you need to allow baggage check time of 30mins , also for each step security, getting to your gate and that last potty stop . You may sit for 45 minutes tops . Next april we will be renting a car so ahead a good 30 mins for that
No way could I be at an airport 3 hours prior to departure. I would go nuts. 90 minutes is almost to much.
cc_nike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:28 AM   #1761
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

We find that about 2 hours is perfect. We don't always go through the gate right away, depending on the line. We grab something to eat, look in the shops, etc. But just in case the security line is long (and we've seen it crazy long at MCO), we make sure were are there 2 hours beforehand.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:39 AM   #1762
LisaAJ
Mouseketeer

Sorry if this is a stupid questions but I am struggling to find the info scrolling on my phone!!

Can anyone tell me the cheapest place/s to book this hotel? Is there any discounts international visitors can take advantage of?

TIA
Old 11-11-2012, 09:49 AM   #1763
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaAJ View Post
Sorry if this is a stupid questions but I am struggling to find the info scrolling on my phone!!

Can anyone tell me the cheapest place/s to book this hotel? Is there any discounts international visitors can take advantage of?

TIA
You can check out priceline. Sometimes they have good deals. Otherwise, just booking here is the cheapest... http://www.loewshotels.com/en/bookin...BH,UEHRH,UERPR
Old 11-11-2012, 10:32 PM   #1764
JillianSam
Earning My Ears

This will be our first time staying or even going to Universal. So I have a question... Are there shuttles anywhere, to wet n wild?! Or the outlet mall?!
JillianSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:29 AM   #1765
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillianSam View Post
This will be our first time staying or even going to Universal. So I have a question... Are there shuttles anywhere, to wet n wild?! Or the outlet mall?!
There is a free shuttle to wet n wild and Seaworld. You'd have to take a taxi to the mall.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:31 PM   #1766
lildeb724
Mouseketeer

Do the regular rooms have fridges?
Old 03-18-2013, 11:08 PM   #1767
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lildeb724 View Post
Do the regular rooms have fridges?
no but they have the locked mini bars.

mini bars only keeps the items inside cool, not cold.

if you want to buy one of the candy bars in the mini bar, the chocolate will not be melted on it.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:37 PM   #1768
horseshowmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
We find that about 2 hours is perfect. We don't always go through the gate right away, depending on the line. We grab something to eat, look in the shops, etc. But just in case the security line is long (and we've seen it crazy long at MCO), we make sure were are there 2 hours beforehand.
I agree. We always do 2 hours. We've never needed that long - 90 minutes would have always been about right, but I'm just not willing to take that chance. One thing we do is drop someone off with the luggage on that level and then make the loop to go back in to drop the car off. We find that simplifies things a great deal and saves time (don't have to worry about those elevators someone mentioned before).

We enjoy looking through the shops or getting a bite to eat before getting on the plane too.
horseshowmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:38 PM   #1769
AustinTink
Gonna dye till the day I die

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
If you get the styrofoam, keep it in the tub! I've had two coolers leak so far.

Also, if you have a medical need for a fridge, the fee is waived.
Very true about the fridge for medical purposes. I have some medicine that needs refrigeration and they have never charged me a fee. I find that very classy of them. Loews is my favorite hotel chain for many reasons. This is one of them.
AustinTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:41 PM   #1770
LucyBC80
DIS Veteran

First time staying on site, we've chosen RPR because of themeing and how close it is to IoA. Just 297 days to go now!

I do have a few questions though:

I want to request tower one, higher floor, near the elevators. How do I do that when I have booked my vacation through Universal? Is there a fax number I can use or even an email?

How much a fridge is going for nowadays? We like to buy yogurt, water and have a place for leftovers so we'll need a fridge for sure.

How is the wifi at the lobby area?

Do they have computers and printers guests can use?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: