Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-12-2012, 08:06 AM   #931
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!
 
damo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Hagrid's hut
Posts: 29,695

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplefigs View Post
Going to Universal for the 1st time in August and staying at the HRH for 3 nights. We have a Deluxe Queen room booked for the 5 of us (2A/3C). Any suggestions on room requests? My DS uses a wheelchair for the parks, but we do not need a HA room. We do need a refrigerator for all his meds.

Thanks for any help!
You don't have a lot of options with the deluxe rooms since they are located at the bends in the hotel. You should just ask for a room relatively close to the elevators. Make sure you tell them you need a fridge for the medications and they will comp it. There is no fridge in the room already that gets cold enough for meds.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:13 AM   #932
triplefigs
Triple Chick
Triple the Kids
Triple the FUN!
Bama Alumni
 
triplefigs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,580

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
You don't have a lot of options with the deluxe rooms since they are located at the bends in the hotel. You should just ask for a room relatively close to the elevators. Make sure you tell them you need a fridge for the medications and they will comp it. There is no fridge in the room already that gets cold enough for meds.
Thank you!
triplefigs is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-15-2012, 09:04 AM   #933
kingken
LOVEFLORIDA
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 167

HRH email

hi
does anyone have a email address for HRH as i used the page on there web site asking for a fridge for my meds but received no answer
if poss would like to email as ringing from england costs a fortune, thanks in advance
kingken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:59 AM   #934
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!
 
damo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Hagrid's hut
Posts: 29,695

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingken View Post
hi
does anyone have a email address for HRH as i used the page on there web site asking for a fridge for my meds but received no answer
if poss would like to email as ringing from england costs a fortune, thanks in advance
Will this toll free number work for you?

Phone: (888) 430-4999

They should be able to add it to your reservation.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:41 AM   #935
kingken
LOVEFLORIDA
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
Will this toll free number work for you?

Phone: (888) 430-4999

They should be able to add it to your reservation.
thanks
kingken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:34 PM   #936
4HOLIDAYS
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Coconut Creek, FL
Posts: 1,146

I am about to go thru the thread but thought I should ask before spending hours , is there a sep thread with the floor plans?

We stayed at RPR and are now going to HRH.
4HOLIDAYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:22 PM   #937
Toulouse
Ladies don't start fights, but they can finish them!
 
Toulouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 237

We are looking to book one night at the HRH on March 28, arriving that evening and want to take advantage of the early morning admission for Harry Potter the next day.

I know that the Express Pass option is available all day on both check-in and check-out days, however, wondering if the POOL is also available after checkout. We are waiting for other family to arrive the night of the day we check out and then moving over to the Sheraton Vistana, but I'd sure love to be able to still enjoy the pool in the afternoon when we check out since we'll miss most of it the check-in day since we don't arrive until 6pm.

As well, are there change rooms at the pool? We'll have a rental car to leave our stuff in but I don't want to change in it...
__________________

:: 1986 Disneyland - off-site :: 2000 WDW - Treehouse Villas ::
:: 2006 WDW - POR-Riverside :: 2013 WDW - POR-Riverside ::

Toulouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:25 PM   #938
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?
 
YCFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: NC
Posts: 2,484

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toulouse
We are looking to book one night at the HRH on March 28, arriving that evening and want to take advantage of the early morning admission for Harry Potter the next day.

I know that the Express Pass option is available all day on both check-in and check-out days, however, wondering if the POOL is also available after checkout. We are waiting for other family to arrive the night of the day we check out and then moving over to the Sheraton Vistana, but I'd sure love to be able to still enjoy the pool in the afternoon when we check out since we'll miss most of it the check-in day since we don't arrive until 6pm.

As well, are there change rooms at the pool? We'll have a rental car to leave our stuff in but I don't want to change in it...
We were welcome to use the pool after check out while waiting for our limo later to the airport. There are bathrooms at the pool. I've never really looked to see if there were showers.
__________________
YCFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:21 PM   #939
Toulouse
Ladies don't start fights, but they can finish them!
 
Toulouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 237

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post
We were welcome to use the pool after check out while waiting for our limo later to the airport. There are bathrooms at the pool. I've never really looked to see if there were showers.
Thank you - good to know! We'll be checking in to our other digs a short while later so we'll be OK without the shower - appreciate your info
__________________

:: 1986 Disneyland - off-site :: 2000 WDW - Treehouse Villas ::
:: 2006 WDW - POR-Riverside :: 2013 WDW - POR-Riverside ::

Toulouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:43 PM   #940
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran
 
bumbershoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tacoma WA
Posts: 46,225

I'll ask here in the official thread...

I was looking around at posts tonight, and it seems that All Access ended and HR as a whole has a new loyalty program, but the Orlando HRH doesn't participate. And they don't participate in YouFirst.

So is there ANY way to get rewards for HRH stays?


(silly me, I didn't follow my own advice to "book when you see a good rate", and lost the cheapie RPR rate for Feb, so we'll be checking out HRH instead!)
__________________
-molly + robert + eamon (10!!)

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:07 AM   #941
eculmone
Mouseketeer
 
eculmone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 432

Good morning everyone it's been a while but I'm back

We are planning a Disney Cruise mid march with my DB and DS inlaws and their 2 DS's The second half of the trip we want to hit HRH at Universal. My DS in law nearly fell over when she saw the rates at $399 a night.

I thought I got my room for about $250 last time. Will there be specials? Should we book now at this high rate or wait for a deal closer to March?

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Also, they are driving so they will need two nights. We are flying so we will need 3. Can we book adjoining rooms or request the same Hallway, so we are close enough?
__________________
OR - 1999;CB - 2000;CS - 2001;CB - 2002
WL - 2003;AKL - 2004;BCV - 2005;PORFQ - 2006
SS -2007;AKL - 2007;POLY-2007 New Years Eve; SS - 2008; Universal Studio's PB 2009;
RPH - 2010; HRH - 2011; GF-2011; Disneyland California 2012; Disney Cruise & HRH 2013; AKL-2014

eculmone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:37 AM   #942
jmamom
Mouseketeer
 
jmamom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: MA
Posts: 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
I'll ask here in the official thread...

I was looking around at posts tonight, and it seems that All Access ended and HR as a whole has a new loyalty program, but the Orlando HRH doesn't participate. And they don't participate in YouFirst.

So is there ANY way to get rewards for HRH stays?


(silly me, I didn't follow my own advice to "book when you see a good rate", and lost the cheapie RPR rate for Feb, so we'll be checking out HRH instead!)
I'd be interested to hear an answer to this too. Last year I got a room upgrade and some great deals using my all access pass. I was very disappointed that they changed it
__________________
me DH DD14 DS10 DD7
August 2011 at the Yacht Club

October 2001 at the Wilderness Lodge
September 2009 at the Polynesian
jmamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:43 PM   #943
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran
 
bumbershoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tacoma WA
Posts: 46,225

Quote:
Originally Posted by eculmone View Post
Good morning everyone it's been a while but I'm back

We are planning a Disney Cruise mid march with my DB and DS inlaws and their 2 DS's The second half of the trip we want to hit HRH at Universal. My DS in law nearly fell over when she saw the rates at $399 a night.

I thought I got my room for about $250 last time. Will there be specials? Should we book now at this high rate or wait for a deal closer to March?

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Also, they are driving so they will need two nights. We are flying so we will need 3. Can we book adjoining rooms or request the same Hallway, so we are close enough?
If you are booking room-only, you can book something you can live with now and then change it if a better rate comes out.

I know that you only want the HRH rates, but this is the site I like to use for Universal. Gives the best rates and shows all 3 hotels at once (or you can just choose to look at the specific one you want).

This is always hard to explain for me, but you can experiment and put the code "APH" into the code field there, to see if there is an Annual Passholder rate available. IF that rate is there AND is really really good, you can then compare that discount to the difference between a Preferred or Premium Annual Pass, and see if it would result in a savings overall. (I believe it's one AP holder per room booked but I *could* be wrong) And remember that an AP gives you discounts on food and merchandise as well.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jmamom View Post
I'd be interested to hear an answer to this too. Last year I got a room upgrade and some great deals using my all access pass. I was very disappointed that they changed it
You know, I was looking around on the new site and found something odd.

Under participating locations, it says:

Orlando • Orlando Hotel Rock Shop • Orlando Live


The link for Orlando Hotel Rock Shop actually takes you to http://www.hardrockhotelorlando.com/ .

The link for Orlando takes you to the Orlando cafe website.

And Orlando Live takes you here: http://www.hardrock.com/live2/live.aspx


Under NOT participating, it says Orlando Hotel, and that link just takes you here: http://www.hardrock.com/locations.aspx


So that's a little confusing. And a *tiny* bit hopeful, to my way of thinking? Because does it *really* make sense that this hotel now has absolutely NO loyalty program whatsoever????
__________________
-molly + robert + eamon (10!!)

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:54 PM   #944
Rene23
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 6

I called yesterday to confirm rooms and asked about the All Access program. The person at the main Universal information number told me that they did still participate, but knowing that the website says they don't, I called the hotel directly.

The person I spoke with at the hotel said they were still revamping the program for their hotel. They no longer honor the other perks of All Access, but they will still offer a free upgrade IF there is one available. Who knows how long that will last though.




Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
I'll ask here in the official thread...

I was looking around at posts tonight, and it seems that All Access ended and HR as a whole has a new loyalty program, but the Orlando HRH doesn't participate. And they don't participate in YouFirst.

So is there ANY way to get rewards for HRH stays?
Rene23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:14 AM   #945
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie
 
macraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)
Posts: 56,588

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rene23 View Post
I called yesterday to confirm rooms and asked about the All Access program. The person at the main Universal information number told me that they did still participate, but knowing that the website says they don't, I called the hotel directly.

The person I spoke with at the hotel said they were still revamping the program for their hotel. They no longer honor the other perks of All Access, but they will still offer a free upgrade IF there is one available. Who knows how long that will last though.
i really don't like the call center system for booking the UO resorts.
always a different answer.
you posted your experience which was opposite of mine.

also called the hotel directly and told they would not be using the new hrc program.
????????
so confusing isn't it.....

when i called i was told that the Loews youfirst program will not honor the loews member for credits stayed at hrh.
also told that hrh could be booked with onsite promos such as SMSM, AAA, AP.

i joined the orignal AA hrc program years ago.
i planned to join the new program when it came out oct 1st.
i saw the note that the orlando resort hotel was not in this new hrc program.
so, didn't join.....

hrh has typically given free upgrades if their occupancy level is low.
it works for them.
it is easier for them to have available standard rooms to book.

by upgrading guests at check in, they can still fill up the standard rooms easily, especially on weekends and holiday periods.

i've been sticking with RPH since i know what they allow for the discounts, upgrades, etc but still wanted to check out hrh as a possible short stay early next year.
__________________
life is what happens to you on your way to achieving your dreams...........

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: