Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2012, 09:47 AM   #916
KingK12
No boo boo, but Yes, I wanna get sauced

Extremely nice hotel to stay would recommend it to anyone. I would also say if you have some money to spend check out the Palm restaurant, it'so delicious!
Old 04-16-2012, 02:49 PM   #917
kamcgrory
Mouseketeer

We have 2 guarenteed connecting garden rooms booked for our family of 6 next month. Since 2 of my kids are ages 15 and 12, I am hoping that will be able to find their way back to the room from the pool for drinks. If the 21 year olds get lost that might be good for me. Should I request 1st floor rooms? I don't mind the view or the noise (heck, I'm bringing 4 kids with me, 5 if you include DH), so 1st floor doesn't bother me at all. Just don't want to be in a pet room and I thought I read somewhere that all the pet rooms were on the 1st floor. Is this correct? Maybe I should ask for 2nd floor near an elevator? If you can't tell, I'm trying to avoid having to walk back and forth with them all day. Thank you for all of your advise!
kamcgrory is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2012, 06:14 PM   #918
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamcgrory View Post
We have 2 guarenteed connecting garden rooms booked for our family of 6 next month. Since 2 of my kids are ages 15 and 12, I am hoping that will be able to find their way back to the room from the pool for drinks. If the 21 year olds get lost that might be good for me. Should I request 1st floor rooms? I don't mind the view or the noise (heck, I'm bringing 4 kids with me, 5 if you include DH), so 1st floor doesn't bother me at all. Just don't want to be in a pet room and I thought I read somewhere that all the pet rooms were on the 1st floor. Is this correct? Maybe I should ask for 2nd floor near an elevator? If you can't tell, I'm trying to avoid having to walk back and forth with them all day. Thank you for all of your advise!
these are the only rooms pets are allowed:

Pets are not allowed in the pool/lounge or restaurant areas

Pet friendly rooms include:
Loews Portofino Bay Hotel: Garden View & Bay View rooms only.
Hard Rock Hotel: Garden View rooms only.
Loews Royal Pacific Resort: Standard rooms only.

Club rooms do not participate in the program

pets are usually only on the first 2 floors.
But, i have seen them on higher floors at hrh some years back.

If you are near the elevator, you won't lose any of the kids.
they'll find their way back to the room easily.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:37 PM   #919
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

I read this entire thread a couple months back, great info, thanks to everyone who posts answers. I need to catch up on the last few pages, we'll be at the HRH in a couple weeks.

This may have been answered, but I'm afraid if I go to look for it I'll forget my question. Gettin' too old.

For those of you who buy a Styrofoam cooler and keep water in the room, how do you fill the cooler? I always hate to fill one from the ice makers, as that takes up so much time and uses so much ice. I noticed somewhere it was suggested to call star services for large quantities - is this still the case?

TIA!
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
k&a&c'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:34 PM   #920
macraven
Proud Redhead
Iím a Universal Homie

yes, call star service.

Old 04-25-2012, 07:33 PM   #921
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Thanks, macraven, you rock!!
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Old 04-26-2012, 08:54 AM   #922
jkshel
DIS Veteran USMC Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
thanks, macraven, you rock!!

ditto!
Disneyland March 2003
Disneyworld May 2009
Disneyworld May 2011
Universal Studios and Island of Adventure June 2012
Disneyworld March 2013
jkshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:25 PM   #923
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

We just returned from our HRH/PBH split, and had the most awesome time at Hard Rock!!

We sent an email a few days in advance to reiterate our requests - upper floor, near the elevator. Asked for a pool view if available, due to our All Access membership. (booked garden view) Even though the reservationist said we needed to show it at check in, they had it on our account and had already put us in a 5th floor room overlooking the pool. We had a palm tree blocking part of the view, but overall it was nice and we loved the location just a few doors down from the elevators.

We were given free wifi and health club privileges, which was great as DD loves to hit the gym a couple times a day to work off our pool drinks. Spent two wonderful days at the pool, service was excellent! It was great throughout the resort, and we can't wait to return.

Oh, we had dinner at the Palm our first night, enjoyed it so much we returned on our last night though we were staying at Portofino.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:05 PM   #924
Brit_Jude
DIS Veteran

:)

Quote:
We just returned from our HRH/PBH split, and had the most awesome time at Hard Rock!!

We sent an email a few days in advance to reiterate our requests - upper floor, near the elevator. Asked for a pool view if available, due to our All Access membership. (booked garden view) Even though the reservationist said we needed to show it at check in, they had it on our account and had already put us in a 5th floor room overlooking the pool. We had a palm tree blocking part of the view, but overall it was nice and we loved the location just a few doors down from the elevators.

We were given free wifi and health club privileges, which was great as DD loves to hit the gym a couple times a day to work off our pool drinks. Spent two wonderful days at the pool, service was excellent! It was great throughout the resort, and we can't wait to return.

Oh, we had dinner at the Palm our first night, enjoyed it so much we returned on our last night though we were staying at Portofino.
Glad you had such a great time at Hard Rock and the service you received rocked We were debating about the Palm for a Birthday dinner so the info on this is very timely.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:01 AM   #925
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit_Jude View Post
Glad you had such a great time at Hard Rock and the service you received rocked We were debating about the Palm for a Birthday dinner so the info on this is very timely.
I think you will be very pleased if you choose to have your birthday dinner at the Palm. We were a little curious on our first visit, as we have so many good steakhouses in KC (we are south of there), but it was great! Everything a good steakhouse should be - great food (a good mix of steak, chops and seafood, the crab cakes were fab!), perfect martinis and the service was impeccable.

Both nights there were conventioneers having some kind of company get-together in the restaurant, so it was a bit loud, but you wouldn't know it from the attention we received. DD and I were treated as if we were their only customers, pretty impressive with so many diners in the restaurant who quite likely spent a lot more than our little table.

Oh, and they do give a AAA discount! Sweet!
Old 05-29-2012, 03:48 PM   #926
Pegdisneygirl
Pegdisneygirl

Question How to plan a sweet 16 weekend for my DD and friends

Hi, I am planning to take my DD and 3 friends to Universal in September to celebrate my DDs Sweet 16. We have been to Disney several times, never been to Universal.
Any ideas on how to make it a memorable time for the girls? We are staying at the HRH for 3 nights, booked 2 garden view rooms. Not sure I got the best deal. Should I request specific rooms? Is there anyway to get a free upgrade or anything special for the occasion?
Pegdisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:10 PM   #927
macraven
Proud Redhead
Iím a Universal Homie

HRH has it's own loyalty program, All Access.
this program will terminate 9/30 and a new one will begin..

you can join AA online.
or you can probably get the AA when you check in to the hotel.
depends on when in september you will be there.

you can always ask at check in if you can have a free upgrade.
if the hotel is not at full occupancy, it could happen.

Old 05-29-2012, 04:26 PM   #928
patster734
Proud Redhead>
Not the sad bluehead

Quote:
I think you will be very pleased if you choose to have your birthday dinner at the Palm. We were a little curious on our first visit, as we have so many good steakhouses in KC (we are south of there), but it was great! Everything a good steakhouse should be - great food (a good mix of steak, chops and seafood, the crab cakes were fab!), perfect martinis and the service was impeccable.

Both nights there were conventioneers having some kind of company get-together in the restaurant, so it was a bit loud, but you wouldn't know it from the attention we received. DD and I were treated as if we were their only customers, pretty impressive with so many diners in the restaurant who quite likely spent a lot more than our little table.

Oh, and they do give a AAA discount! Sweet!
Awesome! I grew up in south KC and Raytown is my home now.

The steaks at Emeril's in Citywalk, and Emeril's Tchoup Chop in the RPH are good too.

Plans to skip HHNs this year in favor of attending the Christmas holiday activities.
patster734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 03:35 AM   #929
kingken
LOVEFLORIDA

Quote:

hi
what email did you use as i sent the form off the website asking for a fridge for my medication but received no reply
also is there service around the pool and is the tip in the check or do you tip the server when served, thanks
kingken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:42 AM   #930
triplefigs
Triple Chick
Triple the Kids
Triple the FUN!
Bama Alumni

Going to Universal for the 1st time in August and staying at the HRH for 3 nights. We have a Deluxe Queen room booked for the 5 of us (2A/3C). Any suggestions on room requests? My DS uses a wheelchair for the parks, but we do not need a HA room. We do need a refrigerator for all his meds.

Thanks for any help!
triplefigs is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: