Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2011, 11:20 AM   #871
VacaPlanner2012
Earning My Ears

2 week vacation in July 2012. Family of five, so staying on site one night first week (HRH) and one night second week (RPR) more than pays for itself with four total days of FOTL privileges.

Current decision - Club Level or not? After looking at the food sticky on the forums and mentally adding up prices for breakfast alone, club level might be an option (it seems to run $100-$115 more per night). I think I fully understand how the CL works for the day of check-in, but what about the day of check-out? Once you check out, can you still access the CL for that day? Pools?

Just hoping that since the FOTL is good for both days, that maybe we could stop back, take a swim and hith the CL again for midday/evening snacks on day of check out. Dreaming?
VacaPlanner2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:12 PM   #872
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

i have stayed club at those hotels before.

you can use the club lounge until you leave the building.

once you check out, have the TM at the counter lobby give you a key for you to be able to return to the club lounge.

that hotel key card will be valid for a limited time, meaning until you leave the building to return home or where ever your next journey will be.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2011, 11:41 AM   #873
penzish
Mouseketeer

deluxe Rooms

Does anyone know where the deluxe rooms are located? Are they garden view or pool view? Any info would be appreciated.
penzish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 01:16 PM   #874
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by penzish View Post
Does anyone know where the deluxe rooms are located? Are they garden view or pool view? Any info would be appreciated.
Deluxe rooms can be both garden view and pool view.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:30 AM   #875
bubba's mom
Proud Redhead
DIS Cast Member
The Tag Fairy knows you as more than just "Wife of Eric Roberts--XM Spy"

never mind...not awake yet!
bubba's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:32 PM   #876
ciera321
DIS Veteran

We're planning on going to US in early June for 2 nights before heading to Disney World for 2 weeks. We're celebrating DS's graduation and he chose HRH to stay the 2 nights. I'm wondering if anyone who is familiar with the resort hotels can tell me when to start looking for an AP rate? Also, will these boards be buzzing when they come out like they are when Disney resort discounts come out? I'm just not familiar with how Universal handles their discounts...Thanks!!!

ciera321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:57 PM   #877
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Thumbs down Told NO Pool view Dlx

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
Deluxe rooms can be both garden view and pool view.
Hmmmm, I wonder why I was told there are no pool view deluxe rooms by the assistant who is helping me with my NEXT Oct, 2012 booking....I have been offered a wonderful managers rate on a Dlx room, with an upgrade to CL (due to a room deficiency on our last CL stay in FEB, 2011)....Now, the manager assistant has been nothing short of wonderful, has me blocked off and secured for a room Next October, but when I requested a pool view room, she told me they don't have any Deluxe pool view rooms
I am wondering if she meant only no pool views on Club level??? I don't know, but I guess I am leaving it up to her to choose my room, as she said she has me booked in a room close to the club lounge (which is great!)
I got a little spoiled by my view last yr....it was a pool view with a wonderful view of RipRide Rockit lit up at night, Hulk, and the theme parks....great location close to the lounge too( my son's ipod/ my IPad worked on FB and we didn't buy the Wi Fi!! ), unfortunately it was only a standard room, and not a deluxe queen, which we need this yr. for 3 different sleeping arrangements.
Those pool views sure are lovely!

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
chimo2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:28 PM   #878
LMO429
DIS Veteran

We have a super early flight the day of our arrival. I assume if all goes well we will be checking into the hard rock around 10am. If our room is not ready do they notify you via text message or give you a phone number to call in and check if we decide to go to the parks? thanks

LMO429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 07:07 PM   #879
macraven
Proud Redhead
Iím a Universal Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMO429 View Post
We have a super early flight the day of our arrival. I assume if all goes well we will be checking into the hard rock around 10am. If our room is not ready do they notify you via text message or give you a phone number to call in and check if we decide to go to the parks? thanks
both.

they will call you or you can call them.

if the hotel was full the night before your check in, it will be in the afternoon before they will be able to get your room ready probably.

Old 09-22-2011, 12:09 PM   #880
MrsMud
Thinks the Ghostbuster wearing the Cowboy hat is cute
The Tag Fairy can wear a Cowboy hat too

Quote:
Originally Posted by macraven View Post
HRH has its own program, the All Access card.
Loews has the YouFirst program for guests.

you explained it well.
Sorry to exhaust this issue further, but I hear everyone talking about this YouFirst card. Is this the same as the Loews First card? I got that several years ago and always used it at HRH, Orlando. It gave me: Early check in, late checkout, possible upgrade based on availability, and a welcome gift. YOu also accumulated points based on stays, but only if you paid rack rate. We never did, so we never accumulated points, LOL! We Usually got the famous milk and chocolate chip cookies when the kids were with us, and the wine when it was just my hubby and I. Did they replace this with the YouFirst program?
MrsMud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:36 PM   #881
bubba's mom
Proud Redhead
DIS Cast Member
The Tag Fairy knows you as more than just "Wife of Eric Roberts--XM Spy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMud View Post
Sorry to exhaust this issue further, but I hear everyone talking about this YouFirst card. Is this the same as the Loews First card? I got that several years ago and always used it at HRH, Orlando. It gave me: Early check in, late checkout, possible upgrade based on availability, and a welcome gift. YOu also accumulated points based on stays, but only if you paid rack rate. We never did, so we never accumulated points, LOL! We Usually got the famous milk and chocolate chip cookies when the kids were with us, and the wine when it was just my hubby and I. Did they replace this with the YouFirst program?
You First replaced Loews First.

HRH is no longer participating as it's not Loews. Use the Hard Rock All Access card at HRH.

and, just so you know, they did away with "welcome gifts".

check Loews You First site for the new perks.
bubba's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:20 PM   #882
macraven
Proud Redhead
Iím a Universal Homie

it has to be about 3/4 years now since hrh was dropped from the Loews program.

Old 09-23-2011, 03:00 PM   #883
MrsMud
Thinks the Ghostbuster wearing the Cowboy hat is cute
The Tag Fairy can wear a Cowboy hat too

That's too bad. We really enjoyed those welcome gifts!
I'll look into the All Access card. But did someone say you don't get a welcome gift with this either? Or late checkout? So do I want to spend $5 for a pin and backpack, that's what I have to consider...
MrsMud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:56 PM   #884
macraven
Proud Redhead
Iím a Universal Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMud View Post
That's too bad. We really enjoyed those welcome gifts!
I'll look into the All Access card. But did someone say you don't get a welcome gift with this either? Or late checkout? So do I want to spend $5 for a pin and backpack, that's what I have to consider...
the one all access you get when you check in to hrh is free.

the other all access that anyone can buy on line costs $25.
When I subscribed online about 6-7 years back, i received the membership all access card, loaded aa card of $20, collector hrc pin, sling back pack.

membership once you enroll, is for a lifetime.

i'm a pin collector.
year ago last, i spent over $800 at HRC shop on pins.
and that was with my discount.

you can get upgrades if available as a room perk.
you go ahead of all other lines for a table at hrc when you show your all access card.
by that i mean, ahead of the priority line for hotel guests......

if you are not a hrh or hrc homie like me, all of the above wouldn't mean squat to you...

Old 09-23-2011, 08:42 PM   #885
uncw89
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by macraven View Post
the one all access you get when you check in to hrh is free.

the other all access that anyone can buy on line costs $25.
When I subscribed online about 6-7 years back, i received the membership all access card, loaded aa card of $20, collector hrc pin, sling back pack.

membership once you enroll, is for a lifetime.

hat's what I got when I joined a few months ago.

i'm a pin collector.
year ago last, i spent over $800 at HRC shop on pins.
and that was with my discount.

you can get upgrades if available as a room perk.

you go ahead of all other lines for a table at hrc when you show your all access card.
by that i mean, ahead of the priority line for hotel guests......

if you are not a hrh or hrc homie like me, all of the above wouldn't mean squat to you...
I was able to get an upgrade to Club level in Aug. when we went!!!!! The girl at the desk said that they weren't supposed to do upgrades anymore, but she would give me one!

Thanks to you and this thread for all the info! I wouldn't have known about the All Access pass.
We were so excited to get the upgrade!!! DS loved Club Level....especially the lounge!! DH and I did too!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: