Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2011, 07:32 PM   #841
uncw89
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post
I live in Lumberton but grew up in Maysville. I'm assuming that's UNC-Wilmington in your sign on name.
You are correct!!!!
Old 04-02-2011, 06:39 PM   #842
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Does staying on-site get you into the clubs at City Walk for free? Is there anything that does? I know you can buy a City Walk Pass but I thought I remembered hearing that it was included in something....maybe park to park tickets or on-site hotels? Thanks.
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2011, 04:24 PM   #843
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

before i bought the pap back in 2004, multi day tickets had the perk for city walk admissions to the clubs.

i read somewhere that multi day tickets do give you access to the city walk clubs now.

if i am incorrect, i hope someone will come along and inform me.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 03:05 PM   #844
TravelCrazy1
Earning My Ears

All Access Pass questions

Just found this thread and I am leaving next Saturday for Orlando! Can I purchase the same all access pass at a local Hard Rock Cafe? I really would love to get late check-out. That is the one perk we could use for sure. I see others have received their card in a week - but I am right at that deadline now.
Thank you!
TravelCrazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:57 AM   #845
cuches
Mouseketeer

We are staying at HRH in October for a week. Never been there before, we usually go to Disney to a moderate or value. I booked a standard garden view room, not interested in any upgrades/club level/great view or anything...just your basic standard room. My only concern is that we are close to the pool. What should I request, to be close to the elevator? Also, is it easier and faster to walk to the park or take the water taxi?

TIA,
Tina
1993 Dixie Landings (honeymoon), 1998 off site Holiday Inn (NOT NICE!), 2004 off site Radison (pretty nice) Dana's first trip, 2008 All Star Music, 2009 Coronado Springs, 2010 Pop Century, 2011 Hard Rock Hotel @ Universal StudiosArt of Animation Dec 2012?!?!
cuches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:23 AM   #846
edamethyst
can't wait for our next visit to Harry Potter World

You will love the Hard Rock, its one of our very favorites. Get a pool view or you can request to be by the elevator. When you get off the elevator at the ground floor the pool is right outside the backdoor. its faster to just walk to the parks but the boat ride is relaxing and enjoyable to take once in a while. They also have bikes with the carts behind them that you can jump on and they will ride you over to the parks, this is probably the fastest way to go. Make sure you try the ice cream at Emack & Bolios, its the best, and the food at the Kitchen is great. We're going in August and can't wait!!!
Old 07-11-2011, 01:26 PM   #847
eculmone
Mouseketeer

I would stay right where you are. We got a view of the parking lot and before we even unpacked we asked if we could get a little better room. For no extra $ they upgraded us to the water side. We saw the beautiful pathway and water taxi's pass us from our next 'standard' room. Our DD12 at the time fell in love with the pool and we had a blast watching that crazy dj. He was funny and entertaining. Kids and adults loved this guy. I think your in for a real treat.
RPH - 2010; HRH - 2011; GF-2011; Disneyland California 2012; Disney Cruise & HRH 2013; AKL-2014

eculmone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:29 PM   #848
eculmone
Mouseketeer

p.s. if you are by the pool, that's the fastest route to the parks. Walking is minutes leisurely so no biggy and yes, we took a taxi once or twice, just cuz it was right there and it was scenic to travel that way, but not necessary. Just be aware your there during HHN which if your not a horror enthusiast, I suggest you avoid. We are not, so we stay away... very scary IMHO
RPH - 2010; HRH - 2011; GF-2011; Disneyland California 2012; Disney Cruise & HRH 2013; AKL-2014

eculmone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:21 PM   #849
macraven
Proud Redhead
Iím a Universal Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuches View Post
We are staying at HRH in October for a week. Never been there before, we usually go to Disney to a moderate or value. I booked a standard garden view room, not interested in any upgrades/club level/great view or anything...just your basic standard room. My only concern is that we are close to the pool. What should I request, to be close to the elevator? Also, is it easier and faster to walk to the park or take the water taxi?

TIA,
Tina
request to be near the elevator.

all elevators will go to first floor.
you can walk straight out to the pool from that door.

hrh has some very long corridors..............

some rooms might have a great view but you have to walk down 3 different corridors to get to your room.

if you are on the 1st floor, it doesn't matter.

lobby is on floor 3.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:37 PM   #850
mdsd8700
It's kind of fun to do the impossible

Quote:

TIA,
Tina
You have already gotten all the great advice and tips from the experts and I certainly am not an expert but since my family and I just stayed there in mid June for two nights for the first time I just thought I would say that we loved the HRH. The hotel was lovely and the room quite nice. The staff was incredibly helpful and pleasant. We had a garden view that was down a couple of hallway but not too bad of a walk. I didn't even think to ask about an upgrade, but was pleased with what we had. Our kids are older but the pool was amazing and they had lots of games for the kids and really kept things fun and lively. It was a short junt to the parks and we never took the water taxi, the grounds were lovely and we liked walking. Our kids did the bike ride a couple of times. We were happy with our choice!

Enjoy your trip

All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome,
mdsd8700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:27 AM   #851
cuches
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone for the advise and info! We are so excited and can't wait until October We are planning on going to the parks for a few days but also planning on vegging out at the pool for a few days. We will be there for a week and we are not renting a car but it seems like there is enough to do within walking distance that we won't need a car.

LOVE the Dis Boards and all you knowledgable "Dis-ers"!

Tina
1993 Dixie Landings (honeymoon), 1998 off site Holiday Inn (NOT NICE!), 2004 off site Radison (pretty nice) Dana's first trip, 2008 All Star Music, 2009 Coronado Springs, 2010 Pop Century, 2011 Hard Rock Hotel @ Universal StudiosArt of Animation Dec 2012?!?!
cuches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:38 PM   #852
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

Hello, I haven't had a chance to read all 57 pages here, but need some help. We will be at HRH in two weeks for the first time. We are DVC, so at Disney we always have a fridge and kitchen for a quick cereal breakfast. What is the best way to have a quick breakfast before heading out to IOA? Do they have a fridge in the room?

Thanks!
Old 07-29-2011, 11:02 PM   #853
macraven
Proud Redhead
Iím a Universal Homie

no fridge or microwave in the hrh rooms.

there is a mini bar but it only keeps things cool.

it is prestocked with items including candies but checked each day by hskping service.

you can rent a fridge if you wish.
the kitchen has a great breakfast.
buffet or menu.
eat inside our out on the patio.
wait staff will assist you either way.

e & b is outside of the kitchen area.
some breakfast snacks can be bought there.

you can grab something at city walk.
pastamore has a side walk up window open in the morning for take out breakfast and items.

cinnabon is open.
now that is what i call breakfast.......

in ioa you can get bakery items in port of decision area.
at the studios, boulangerie has pastry items.

Old 07-29-2011, 11:09 PM   #854
SharkyGoddess
Happier than a Shark at a Sushi Bar

Quote:

TIA,
Tina
We walked and took the water taxi and enjoyed both. Especially after walking in the park all day. The path is pretty quick though. Comparing the two isn't really easy since you may have to wait for the water taxi. As for the pool view rooms, they aren't loud like you would expect, at least our experience wasn't.
First trip 1987 ~Disney & Bush Gardens with best friend and Dad Second trip 1991 ~ US with friendsThird trip July 2002 ~ Disney & US/IOA with my kiddos Fourth trip July 2004 ~US/IOA A very pregnant me and my two kiddos Fifth trip October 2007 ~Disney for MNSSHP ASM with my kiddos and Sweet Babboo Sixth trip October 2010 ~US/IOA for HHN & WWoHP with Babboo & Kiddos
"Just behind the reef are the big white teeth of the sharks that can swim on the land."
SharkyGoddess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 04:02 AM   #855
springsheri
Mouseketeer

this isn't a huge hotel

and it's not far from city walk. it's a beautiful walk over with fragrent flowers to the city walk area. it's pretty close. nothing like disney, picture a small boutique hotel with very long hallways at time. much, much calmer than the hustle and bustle of disney.

in regard to the breakfast question, we had the club level so we would grab cereal there. My daughter had a milk allergy so they got us a fridge in the room for her, i'm sure you could order some stuff so that you could grab something quick in the room before you go.

enjoy!
springsheri is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: