Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2010, 06:52 PM   #751
cuddles
Earning My Ears

No I am far from trying to make excuses for not staying there, I am just in tune with extra charges that I don't want, I have been burnt before so now I am extra careful and watch everything. I have to be, I am not rich and I am saving almost every penny for this vacation and I don't want to get to go on vacation, go to use my credit card and have it declined for reasons unknown.

That being said I am quite happy with the results after having spent the day corresponding with a lovely lady in accounting who explained to me how the holds worked and she explained to me that I could use those funds held for purchases in the park etc instead of using cash and also if I wanted I could refuse the holds at check-in and just won't have charge to room privileges in the park. I am quite pleased how prompt Universal got back to me and made me feel much more confident about staying there.

As for the poster before me who says it looks like I am making excuses? This is a forum for people to share their experiences negative or positive and maybe someone else might be in my position at check-in and be surprised by the extra chargeor may have more than the allotted amount put on their credit card for a deposit as in my case. Fortunately my negative turned into a positive.
cuddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 02:58 PM   #752
Debs Hill
DIS Veteran

Hard Rock Club Level....

Please could anyone tell me what they have had as offerings in the club lounge for breakfast and evenings? Any photos? Were you impressed?!
Debsx
Debs Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2010, 03:11 PM   #753
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
I wanna shoot aliens in the AM too!
The Grinch is rude in a funny sorta way
run to the hams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debs Hill View Post
Please could anyone tell me what they have had as offerings in the club lounge for breakfast and evenings? Any photos? Were you impressed?!
Debsx
CL at HRH breakfast - bagels, butter. cream cheese. honey buns, cookies, cereal, milk. Coffee, juices.Hot cocoa. Honestly HR CL least impressive of the three. And yet, most impressive of my teens.

In the evening they were big on veggies with dips and cheese and crackers. One other item like a mexican thing. It was all OK cause we enjoyed our atmosphere. Howvere honestly, PBH and RPH blows the offerings away.
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 03:16 PM   #754
Debs Hill
DIS Veteran

Thanks Jessica. Did they have any snacks during the day, or things you could substitute for a light meal/desserts?
Debsx
Debs Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 03:23 PM   #755
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
I wanna shoot aliens in the AM too!
The Grinch is rude in a funny sorta way
run to the hams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debs Hill View Post
Thanks Jessica. Did they have any snacks during the day, or things you could substitute for a light meal/desserts?
Debsx
They had water, soda and bags of chips, pretzels. Desserts as far as I recall were just cookies and maybe brownie like items. Honestly HRH offered the least amount of CL amenities compared to RPR and PBH.
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:34 PM   #756
SmallWorld71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaR View Post
CL at HRH breakfast - bagels, butter. cream cheese. honey buns, cookies, cereal, milk. Coffee, juices.Hot cocoa. Honestly HR CL least impressive of the three. And yet, most impressive of my teens.

In the evening they were big on veggies with dips and cheese and crackers. One other item like a mexican thing. It was all OK cause we enjoyed our atmosphere. Howvere honestly, PBH and RPH blows the offerings away.
I agree with Jessica about the offerings. Just wanted to add oatmeal, toast and plain croissants to the breakfast menu.

There was also fresh fruit (usually melon and pineapple) each evening along with the veggies and cheese and crackers. There were also two hot and one cold appy in addition each evening. Things like mini meatballs, eggplant, chicken wings, mini corn dogs, Texas caviar, coleslaw and the like. Nothing fancy. Beer and Wine are also offered in the evening.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:21 PM   #757
nezy
DIS Veteran

TO STAY OR NOT STAY on property

We are planning to go to the WDW/Univ area in FEb. I have heard the great things about staying on Univ property to get the "skip the line" advantage. Other than staying at the Univ prop hotels is there another way to get a "fastpass"? The room rate we got was $300 to $339 for the time we are going. We would only stay a night or 2 as we have a time share for the rest of the trip. Therer are 6 of us-so 2 rooms. The only reason we would stay on prop is for the advantage of line priority aspecially for the Harry Potter attraction.

My question is that worth it? and is there another option?

Thanks.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:58 PM   #758
SmallWorld71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezy View Post
We are planning to go to the WDW/Univ area in FEb. I have heard the great things about staying on Univ property to get the "skip the line" advantage. Other than staying at the Univ prop hotels is there another way to get a "fastpass"? The room rate we got was $300 to $339 for the time we are going. We would only stay a night or 2 as we have a time share for the rest of the trip. Therer are 6 of us-so 2 rooms. The only reason we would stay on prop is for the advantage of line priority aspecially for the Harry Potter attraction.

My question is that worth it? and is there another option?

Thanks.
You can buy a Universal Express pass. I am not sure of the price as it varies throughout the year. This would give you front of the line access. The BIG difference (to the best of my knowledge) is that it is only good for one time on each ride as opposed to the unlimited front of the line access that you get by staying on property.
Also, just so you know, there is no front of the line access for Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey (just the coasters in WWOHP). Your best bet on Forbidden Journey is single rider which is open to anyone. Although, I do recommend going through the regular line once to see the details inside of the castle.
My Disney experience tells me that Feb. is pretty quiet with the exception of President's Week which next year is Feb. 19-27. If that is the week you are going, it may be worth the extra $ to stay onsite.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:08 PM   #759
Meredith
US/IOA < The good stuff!

First - if you are spoiled and already know about on-site FOTL passes, go for it. Otherwise, if you go in the off season, you probably will just get a glimpes of the peope who always get on b4 you and wonder why?? lol Second, HRH club was most definitely least impressive of HRH and RPR. RPR ROCKED!!! The room is HUGE! Seats always available, tables always clean, TONS of food, never had to wait for them to replenish.

RPR is BEAUTIFUL, HRH is AMAZING.. everyone please remember... these are both 4-4.5 star hotels. Those are not Disney or Universal ratings, those are global ratings. These are both amazing hotels.. park perks aside, I'd stay at either anytime!!
Meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 09:19 AM   #760
ttree
Mouseketeer

does the club lounge have outside patio? would like to smoke with morning coffee or eve beer/wine?
ttree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 12:44 PM   #761
SmallWorld71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttree View Post
does the club lounge have outside patio? would like to smoke with morning coffee or eve beer/wine?
No, it doesn't.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:39 PM   #762
ttree
Mouseketeer

not what i wanted to hear but thanks for the response.
ttree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:00 PM   #763
seadd67
DIS Veteran

we where there back in July and love our stay. We where looking into staying in the CL our next trip in Oct of 2011. Thats not the kind of news i was hopeing for, i had herd good things about HRH CL, compare to say Disneys Delx resorts CL?. Is this a recent devlopment?
seadd67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:50 PM   #764
Suestolar
Earning My Ears

I just got back from spending 6 nights at Hard Rock Club Level. We had a blast. We spent the mornings at the park, had a big lunch at Citywalk or the Kitchen and then spent the afternoon at the pool. 5-7 we would go get the apps which would fill us up since we had a large lunch and then returned later for cookies and milk. Club Level was smaller than Royal Pacific but if it was crowded we just brought the items back to the room.
Suestolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:35 PM   #765
seadd67
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suestolar View Post
I just got back from spending 6 nights at Hard Rock Club Level. We had a blast. We spent the mornings at the park, had a big lunch at Citywalk or the Kitchen and then spent the afternoon at the pool. 5-7 we would go get the apps which would fill us up since we had a large lunch and then returned later for cookies and milk. Club Level was smaller than Royal Pacific but if it was crowded we just brought the items back to the room.

you think the club level was worth it?
seadd67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: