Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2003, 06:14 PM   #31
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
I wanna shoot aliens in the AM too!
The Grinch is rude in a funny sorta way
run to the hams!

maur62 here is The Palm's website in case you didnt see it. We walked out of the restaurant before having a meal so I cant comment on the food. I can say the hostess needed a major attitude adjustment. I would still like to give the place a try since I love a great steak!

The Palm

LISALISA,

My kids stayed at Camp Little Rock twice and enjoyed it very much! I remember it was a bit pricey but so worth it. The staff was terrific and the place was large with many activities to keep them busy. They ate dinner there watched movies played on PC's and made crafts. They also offer a quiet area where the kids could lay down and rest (sleep) if they wanted. The kids asked often to go back and that is one of the highlights they remember from past trips. OH! They also give you a beeper in case of emergencies. Kids had to be 3? I think and over and we got a discount for the second child.
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 02:00 PM   #32
maur62
Earning My Ears

Thank you Jessica. We are going in March and I will let you know how it was.
maur62 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2003, 06:46 PM   #33
ehbis
Earning My Ears

Does a deluxe room at the HRH have a pull out in it? I think the Universal website mentions this, but I didn't see this mentioned on the Loew's site. I'm thinking of upgrading my garden view, as we're a party of 3 adults and 2 kids. Thanks!
ehbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 11:33 PM   #34
jacee
Earning My Ears

ehbis,
Our Family of 4 stayed at the HRH in a Deluxe 2 queens w/sofa sleeper, I thought the extra space was worth it for us. With your party, you might want to consider 2 rooms for the extra bathroom. who knows, with all the great rates being posted, it might be worth it to compare prices.
jodi
jacee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 05:45 AM   #35
kathmzh
DIS Veteran

Hey all! Considering a first trip to HRH...are there any pictures of the Deluxe room anywhere? What, in your educated opinion(s) is better...Fan club discount or the Ent. rate? And one last question...are there any rooms/areas at HRH to try to stay away from? thanks so much for the information, reading through these FAQs and posts has been such an education!
kathmzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 06:58 AM   #36
gschmerl
Not ignored by the Tag Fairy any longer!!!
Fun lover
Has seen the TF

Usually the entertainment rate is the lowest. Call the hotel and see what discount rates are available for your dates.
gschmerl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 08:06 AM   #37
bsantis
Earning My Ears

HRH

I got a great rate at the HRH/club room for July 11-17 using the Fan Club Card
230.00 night
bsantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 05:27 PM   #38
tiggerguy2000
Disney Veteran
Isn't worried and is happy!

The 2 tix price is good.The longer your stay the cheaper it gets.Example # nights 278.00 or five nights 238.00.Think about that when you make a reservation
SARATOGA SPRINGS RESORT

tiggerguy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 04:50 PM   #39
BraveMom3
DIS Veteran

Tiggerguy,
Where do you get the 2Tix rate? Did it include anything other than the room? Seems like this was the code I used last year, and got room plus 2 adult passes, but don't remember where I accessed it!
Thanks.
1996-WL;1998-DL;1999-CB;2000-WL;2001-WL,BC,CS;2002-VWL & HRH;T'giving 2002-YC;2003-VWL, BCV, HRH;T'giving 2003-WL;2004-VWL,BCV, HRH;T'giving 2004-VWL;2005-VWL/BCV/Vero Beach;T'giving 2005-The Dolphin;2006-WL, BWV, HRH; Christmas 2006-SSR; 2007-VWL/BCV/BWV/VB; Christmas 2007-VWL; Feb. 2008 CoC-ASMu; 2008-VWL/BWV/AKV; Christmas 2008-SSR; 2009-OKW/BWV/VWL; Christmas 2009-Dolphin/VWL2010-BC/SSR; Christmas 2011-BWV; 2012-Kidani; Feb. 2013, CoC-OKW

Cast: me Jeff ds19 ds15 dd14

"Memories made at Disney with my children are priceless!!!"
BraveMom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 03:03 PM   #40
sheltie4
Earning My Ears

I got a rate of $125 a nite for garden view room. I have never stayed at Hard rock before. I hope that I like it.
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'July 4,2003 10:00:00 PM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkgreen>countdown to WDW and USO :D </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'havin a great vacation';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
sheltie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 06:17 PM   #41
tiggerguy2000
Disney Veteran

Brave mom, You can get the 2tix deal on the loews website.You can join for free and you can get upgrades with the card.
SARATOGA SPRINGS RESORT

Old 03-07-2003, 06:22 PM   #42
tiggerguy2000
Disney Veteran

The $125.00 rate is great for a july date.I have never seen them give that kind of rate . I called a few weeks back and all i could get was a break on a deluxe room. I am a member of everything except being a florida resident so tell me how you got that rate.

I have stayed at the hard rock a few times and love the place but it's not for everyone.
SARATOGA SPRINGS RESORT

Old 03-08-2003, 09:38 AM   #43
sheltie4
Earning My Ears

i called the end of Feb. for July 5th,6th and 7th. I told her that we were going to universal first before going over to WDW. She asked me if i ever stayed at one of there hotels before and I told her no that I have not. In which I have not stayed at any loews hotels or I have never stayed on property of Universal. The first nite is already on my credit card and the date for that is the 28th of Feb. so it was around there or proberly that date.
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'July 4,2003 10:00:00 PM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkgreen>countdown to WDW and USO :D </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'havin a great vacation';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
sheltie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 10:55 AM   #44
Dancind
Tinkerbell's Mom
just full of pass questions
Onward and Downward!

Woo Hoo! Just got the Entertainment rate at HRH! Could not get it for the weekend of Aug. 1, so tried Aug. 9 for three nights. Had a choice of $125 Garden view or $135 pool view, so took the pool view. Diana
Dancind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 02:03 PM   #45
nan60
Earning My Ears

We are going to HRH in a few weeks does anyone know if you can request rooms? If so which rooms should I ask for, I have pool view reservations. Thanks
nan60 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: