Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2004, 08:05 AM   #151
wintergreen
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the tips, sherries!

"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."--John Maynard Keynes
"Too much of anything is bad, but too much Champagne is just right."--Mark Twain
wintergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 04:46 PM   #152
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

does the hard rock hotel have a club level and if so, how does it compater to the portofino's club level service..
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2004, 02:29 PM   #153
AuroraluvsPhillip

Wants to live at the Grand Floridian-room 5341
aka Jingles Harriet

Hi guys,

This is my first time posting to these boards. I am starting to plan our vacation for April 2005. Our general plan is to stay at HRH for 3 days, then switch to Disney for the rest of the week.

A few questions:
1. When should I book room? Should I book directly now? It seems like Entertainment books offer the best discount? When does that discount go into effect? I guess I'm asking when to book my room before the place is all booked up.

2. Park passes...probably do one day at each park. Dependable places to get tickets at a good rate?

3. What about PS's for dinner? My husband mentioned Mythos. Is it 90 days like WDW?

Thanks for all the info. I've never been to Universal so I appreciate any help from the experts.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:40 PM   #154
Castillo Mom
DIS Veteran

I would recommend that you book now and when the ENT for your dates comes out, just call and have it applied. I would also suggest that, if at all possible, go to WDW first and then visit Universal. I've read all over the place that FOTL spoils people and you may have a tougher time handling the lines at WDW if you go there last.

Regarding park passes, you can get a good deal with the Fan Club card. There's a really nice DISer that sends out Fan Club cards if you PM her. We got 3 days for the price of 2 through the Fan Club website. Just look for the appropriate thread on the Universal Parks board for more info. Hopefully this link will work.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....hreadid=265772

Here's another link about other ticket discounts.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....hreadid=327215

As far as PSs go, I can't remember off hand how far in advance you can book but you also get FOTL if you show your room key, so you may not need a PS. You get the next available table. For example, I've read reports of guests going the Hard Rock Cafe which sometimes has lines that wrap around the building and onsite guests walking up to the podium and getting the next available table. Reports are mixed when it comes to Margaritaville though. Sometimes there's a long wait even when showing your room key, but you'll definitely get in.
8/8/09-8/21/09 SSR/AKV Kidani Village
9/24/11-10/5/11 AKV Kidani Village
6/14/12-6/20/12 Disney Dream Double Dip

7/19/12-7/22/12 Hilton Head

7/24/12-7/31/12
Beach Club Resort

Last edited by Castillo Mom; 07-02-2004 at 09:51 PM.
Castillo Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 09:09 AM   #155
cinmell
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there LOVES U2 & COACH bags

Hard Rock to Universal/IOA

Can you walk from Hard Rock Hotel to Universal? I'm just curious how you are able to get back and forth between the resort and parks.

Thanks!

~~My husband never thought anyone would read my post nevermind respond to it!~~
cinmell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 09:29 AM   #156
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Re: Hard Rock to Universal/IOA

Quote:
Originally posted by cinmell
Can you walk from Hard Rock Hotel to Universal? I'm just curious how you are able to get back and forth between the resort and parks.

Thanks!
yes, take the shortcut.
go outof hrh through the downstairs exit at bottom of the stairs and walk around the pool area. bear to the right and exit thru the gate. you will be in the parking lot once you take about 6 steps. go left and straight ahead is the entrance to universal studios. you know you are there as you will see the universal globe.
hth
raven

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 09:42 AM   #157
cinmell
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there LOVES U2 & COACH bags

Thank you raven! :D

~~My husband never thought anyone would read my post nevermind respond to it!~~
cinmell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 09:45 AM   #158
macraven
Proud Redhead
Iím a Universal Homie

shortcut to park

the first time we stayed at hrh (5 nights) no one clued us on the shortcut.
we would either take the water shuttle or walk from the shuttle area all the way around to the park area. whew..........long walk when it is hot and humid.

it wasn't until our 4th stay there ( we're slow) til we figured out the shortcut.
just didn't want you to make the same mistake we did..............

Old 07-16-2004, 09:55 AM   #159
cjeong
Mouseketeer

We are a family of 4 with 2 young adults 17 yrs & 19 yrs - do you think this would be a good one to stay at?

We have booked a 1 pool view room with a rollaway bed. Will it be too cramped?

What is the transport to WDW from HRH? Any maps available to show modes of transport or approx travelling times from park to park (particularly from WDW to Universal)?
cjeong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 05:09 PM   #160
luvdisney14
Mother of 3 Great Boys

We stayed at HRH last year with a 15 and 18 year old - they loved it and can't wait to go back. I think you will have plenty of room. They only bad thought I had about the hotel was I thought the rooms and hallways were very worn. We truly loved the pool area, we never stayed in a hotel with zero entrance to the water. Enjoy!
Off Site-1986Sheraton-1987Carribean Beach-1992Dolphin-1994:Marriott-2001POR/Yacht Club-2002 Swan&Hard Rock-2003 Carnival Inspiration-2004Vistana-2005& 2013Orange Lakes&Vistana Villages-2006 Vistana&Hard Rock-2007&2010 HGVC& Dolphin2008:MoonPalace,Cancun-2009Bahamas Cruise-2009: Bermuda Cruise-2010Hard Rock Punta Cana 2011MGM-Las Vegas-2011Orange Lakes -2011&2012 Atlantis-2012 Carnival Victory 2102 Grand Sirenis- Riveria Maya-2013 Carnival Breeze-2013. Memories Splash-Punta Cana 2014 Bonnet Creek-Sept 2014
luvdisney14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 08:12 AM   #161
cjeong
Mouseketeer

Is there free transport to WDW from HRH?
cjeong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 08:32 AM   #162
macraven
Proud Redhead
Iím a Universal Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by cjeong
Is there free transport to WDW from HRH?
no, nothing free. i am still trying to determine the best way for me to travel from disney to universal. i will let you know what i come up with.

mears:$14 rt from disney hotels to city walk bus area
taxi: not sure but possibly between $25-35
towncar: i was quoted $30 one way

lynx: cheapest costing about $2.xx but a long trip with the transfers of bus.

some possibilites but still checking out more.

Old 07-22-2004, 09:23 PM   #163
Podie1956
Earning My Ears

City Walk (five minutes away) always has a big party (for about $50) with a big band and lots of buffets. I won tickets to last year's event, the bands were Cheap Trick and Joan Jett and the Blackhearts. The lead singer from AC/DC (Brian Johnson?) fot up and sang with Cheap Trick and that was lots of fun. The food buffets were quite good - full of seafood - and you had plenty of clubs to visit (liquor extra). Cha,pagne toast, of course. Outside the party, the rest of City Walk was open to everyone and there were great fireworks at midnight.

I live in Florida yet the HRH remains my favorite place to relax. I'm a Loews Platinum member but it hasn't gotten me much other than "a free upgrade if available," which never has been, a free morning newspaper, a $10 mini bar credit, and a late checkout. I'm going back tomorrow for a three day stay and they tell me they're completely booked - so much for that free upgrade!

You'll love the hotel, though! I don't know about the Club Floor, but the deluxe rooms are much larger than the standard. See if you can tour the Elvis suite - now that's a suite!
Podie1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 03:04 PM   #164
BelleBeast
OKW Owner and Proud of It!!

Kids Suite

We just came back from Hard Rock and stayed in a Kids Suite ( 2 twin beds and a king bed)

We felt like it was big, had lots of space but was very uncomfortable. Alot of wasted floor space and no where to sit except one very stained love seat that comfortably sat one.

Which meant if you wanted to sit and chill, someone had to lay on the beds!!

sAME THING WITH KIDS SIDE - THEY COULD ONLY SEE THE TV FROM ON THE BED AND NOT THE CUTE LITTLE TABLE AND CHAIR AREA FOR THEM.

<
BelleBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 03:04 PM   #165
BelleBeast
OKW Owner and Proud of It!!

Kids Suite

We just came back from Hard Rock and stayed in a Kids Suite ( 2 twin beds and a king bed)

We felt like it was big, had lots of space but was very uncomfortable. Alot of wasted floor space and no where to sit except one very stained love seat that comfortably sat one.

Which meant if you wanted to sit and chill, someone had to lay on the beds!!

sAME THING WITH KIDS SIDE - THEY COULD ONLY SEE THE TV FROM ON THE BED AND NOT THE CUTE LITTLE TABLE AND CHAIR AREA FOR THEM.

<
BelleBeast is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: