Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2014, 08:14 PM   #1
choppee
Mouseketeer

How to Get From Here to There!!!!---Universal Style

Just wanted to start a thread where people discussed how to get from place to place with Universal in mind! I'll be staying at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek, and would like to know about any shortcuts, or if there are none, direct lines to get to Universal from there! Also, where are/is the closest grocery store/s? Hate to deal with traffic and any way around it is welcome to me. Thanks!
choppee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 03:52 PM   #2
choppee
Mouseketeer

anyone? would love to know the surrounding locations! or if there is another place this should go, feel free to let me know
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-21-2014, 04:21 PM   #3
johde
DIS Veteran

From the Disney area, there's not many shortcuts most of the time, I-4 is going to be your best bet. Alternate routes if I-4 is bottlenecked would be Turkey Lake Rd or Apopka Vineland Rd. Apopka Vineland Rd goes by Public and Orlando Prime Outlet Mall that has a Disney Character Warehouse. I've never taken Vineland all the way up to Universal but there around Disney the traffic can be bad.

Several Trips off site and at Grandma house going back to 1976
Dec 2002 OKW; Dec 2003 OKW; Sept 2004 BWV&OKW; Dec 2005 OKW Sept 2006 BWV: Sept 2007 BWV & AKV
Dec 2009 AKV & BWV: Sept 2011 VCG and the Disneyland Half Marathon: Jan 2013 OKW and AKV New years at Disney. Jan. 2015 AKV/ Cabana Bay?
johde is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 05:39 PM   #4
choppee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johde View Post
From the Disney area, there's not many shortcuts most of the time, I-4 is going to be your best bet. Alternate routes if I-4 is bottlenecked would be Turkey Lake Rd or Apopka Vineland Rd. Apopka Vineland Rd goes by Public and Orlando Prime Outlet Mall that has a Disney Character Warehouse. I've never taken Vineland all the way up to Universal but there around Disney the traffic can be bad.
thanx! glad to hear of alternate routes if there are bottlenecks...i know that it will be really crazy during the time we are trying to go (christmas!).

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: