Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2011, 09:52 AM   #31
jkc0325
Mouseketeer

I am looking forward to a possible 2013 trip as well. We are going this July, staying off site and had planned to work in a Universal day to our trip. Then we factored in the cost of only doing one day at Universal and the fact that the final Harry Potter movie comes out 2 days before our trip and we figured it would be so busy it wouldn't be worth it. So, DH promised me another trip...I also got him to promise that we'd stay on site this time!!! I have never stayed on site and I think it's about time I check it out!!! My kids will be old enough at that point to take advantage of those evening EMH!!

We are a family of 5 so pricing it out seems a bit overwhelming right now. Not sure if I want to get 2 rooms or go for a suite. I think my kids would go ape for a Savannah view at Animal Kingdom. I also think I'd like to be on the monorail...either way, I'd better start saving!!!!
Old 05-18-2011, 02:13 PM   #32
Pimama
Mouseketeer

We're planning a Disneyland trip for my fourth child's 4th b'day in May 2013. WDW is probably 2-3 years after that. With a family of 7, it's either big bucks or stay offsite. At Disneyland I can get a double room with 4 queen beds, two bathrooms, free breakfast, and just a short walk to the park for $110/night.

Meanwhile, I lurk on these boards and soak up all of your knowledge!,

Pimama is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-18-2011, 04:54 PM   #33
mommy-on-the-move
DIS Veteran

Pimama we have five as well! For us most of our cost is airfare (from England) so it takes a while to save which has worked out quite well with getting #5 here and giving her a chance to get to toddler/preschooler age before we do WDW again!

Planning our next Disney Vacation!!!!

Me - SAHM of five
DH - Patience of a saint
"The Tribe" - DD (13) DS (8) DD (7) DS (4) and DD (11m)
mommy-on-the-move is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:00 PM   #34
goldenears
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

We are going to be going in 2013 too! I am hoping it will be a good time to go w/ the new Fantasyland expansion
Old 05-18-2011, 05:05 PM   #35
Pimama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy-on-the-move View Post
Pimama we have five as well! For us most of our cost is airfare (from England) so it takes a while to save which has worked out quite well with getting #5 here and giving her a chance to get to toddler/preschooler age before we do WDW again!
Do you have a favorite place to stay? My youngest is 2 months which is another reason I want to wait a couple years. I'd fly with him now but would not want to fly all day with a 1-2 year old. We're across the country in the Seattle area so it would be a long day.

Old 05-18-2011, 05:13 PM   #36
mommy-on-the-move
DIS Veteran

Last time we stayed in joining rooms at all star movies- my Mom & Dad travel with us too so last trip (only had 4 kids then ) they had the girls in one room, DH and I had the boys in the other and we had the joining door between rooms. Our upcoming trip we're considering the Art of Animation that's due to open in 2012 as it's supposed to be in the value range and offer more family suites (sleep up to 6 and a pack and play I do believe) We'll be travelling with my parents again so would probably get a regular room and a family suite and split the kids between us again... I'm also looking at some of the villas that can house bigger parties though, ultimately it will come down to cost. Also I like the values because of the fact they have food courts rather than restaurants, I find food courts with varying stations easier for breakfast with several small kids. We stayed a couple of nights in the Yacht Club and the Grand Floridian with my sisters wedding and I actually found I preferred the values for the kids and the fact we're a larger family.

Our last trip our youngest son was 19months old and we flew London to Washington Dulles and then onto Orlando and it wasn't bad as I thought- he slept alot of it, played with his brother and sisters the rest of the time (or ate!) I had been dreading the flight though but it was better than I thought it would be. (our oldest son- who was five then- has ASD and a few other special needs issues too and even he flew great, but then again you could give him a washing machine repair guide to read and he'd stay happy as long as he had pages left!)

Me - SAHM of five
DH - Patience of a saint
Old 05-18-2011, 05:14 PM   #37
mommy-on-the-move
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenears View Post
We are going to be going in 2013 too! I am hoping it will be a good time to go w/ the new Fantasyland expansion
My middle daughter is really excited about new features she keeps reading about! They're going to be a huge hit with her. (although she really isn't into Florida weather- last time she actually claimed her eyeballs were burning )

Me - SAHM of five
DH - Patience of a saint
Old 05-18-2011, 05:32 PM   #38
Pimama
Mouseketeer

Ahh...mommy-on-the-move, we have a lot in common. My five kids are in the opposite pattern from you (DS,DD,DS,DD,DS) and two of my children show symptoms of Aspergers. The doctor put in for an evaluation but it will take awhile. She's eleven and since we homeschool I think a lot of the social issues haven't been as bad. I always just thought she was an eclectic genius!?

Old 05-18-2011, 05:42 PM   #39
mommy-on-the-move
DIS Veteran

Even more in common than you realise! We do a mix of homeschooling and public school with our kids- at present I have oldest daughter at home for school however she's chosen a high school for next year as she wants to focus on her practical sciences, at which point oldest son will come home for the rest of his school career, followed by each of his younger siblings as they reach the end of the local primary school.

DS8 has a present diagnosis of "complex communication disorder with severe/significant autistic tendancies" - basically he is too sociable for our paed to sign off on aspergers, he also has dyspraxia (to the extent of his visual motor intergration being below the first centile) dysgraphia (has to use a laptop in school as he has everything in his head but can not get it onto paper) is colour blind (which he tells everyone very keenly, he finds it his talking point ) He is also hyperlexic though- taught himself to read from first phonic to reading adult-age books in the space of a few weeks. He's a fascinating little man, definitely makes our life alot more colourful for having him in it!

I'm off to bed now (late here) but will be sure to head back to this thread tomorrow! Night all!

Me - SAHM of five
DH - Patience of a saint
Old 05-19-2011, 09:18 AM   #40
madmom1030
Mouseketeer

2013 is our next WDW vacation. It is every 2 years for us except for this year we spent a week on the Magic in March.

We are looking at October during DDs fall break. Hopefully all of Fantasy Land is done then.

Have no idea where we want to stay. I am leaning towards the family suites. DDs will be 11 and 13 and I think we will need the extra bathroom.
madmom1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:19 AM   #41
monorailsilver
DIS Veteran

mommy on the move...

We are a family of 5.

So far my plans are to fly down on a Tues or Wed in August (which ever is cheapest). Stay at the Beach Club for a few days, not many, maybe 2 or 3 but it depends on how long we are going for.

We can do the Studios while we are there so we don't have to take a bus. And I'd knock of AK too while I am at it (shorter bus ride..I think).

Then we will move to the Poly & just to MK & Epcot for the remainder. My kids want to eat at the Whispering Canyon Cafe again & I need to hit Chef Mickey's too.

If they still have the QSDP, we will do that too. I am hoping to hit one water park as well.

And I want my kids to go on one of the pirate adventures because my oldest will be 12 at our next visit & I think that is the cut off.
June 1975 Golf Resort & Polynesian August 1977 DL off site April 1990 WDW off site May 1981 Polynesian July-August 1985 Polynesian July-August 1987 Polynesian/Floridian July-August 1990 Beach Club May 1994 All Star Sports/Polynesian June 1995 Wilderness Lodge/Dixie Landings February 1997 off site/Wilderness Lodge March-April 1999 Engagement Trip February 2000 Polynesian August 2002 Polynesian July 2005 Polynesian August 2008 Polynesian August 2013 Polynesian and I think there were a few more trips here & there but I have lost track.
monorailsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:04 AM   #42
mommy-on-the-move
DIS Veteran

Madmom- will you be doing MNSSHP? I always go back and forth over the idea of an October trip to be able to do that.

Monorailsilver- I've heard good things about the Whispering Canyon cafe but we didn't make it there last time, it's on our "to-do" list for our 2013 trip too!

Me - SAHM of five
DH - Patience of a saint
Old 05-19-2011, 11:40 AM   #43
madmom1030
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Madmom- will you be doing MNSSHP? I always go back and forth over the idea of an October trip to be able to do that.!

I don't know about MNSSHP. When we went in October of 2007, we didn't go. That was our first trip and we didn't know a whole lot about it. I will probably leave it up to DDs this trip if they want to go or not. Dh could care less about going MNSSHP.

Quote:
Monorailsilver- I've heard good things about the Whispering Canyon cafe but we didn't make it there last time, it's on our "to-do" list for our 2013 trip too

We have done Whispering Canyon twice. Once for lunch and once for dinner. They don't do the fun stuff at lunch, so I would go for dinner. Both times we went DH ate so much he was sick. We had a blast at Dinner, they made us yell hello to all the new tables that were seated around us. Hopefully they put the oven baked chicken back on the menu before we go.
madmom1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:45 AM   #44
billfatora
"Wishing I was there right now !"

WOW ! I'm impressed ! I'm planning for December, 2012... and I thought I was way ahead of the game... but you guys (and gals) make me look like I'm asleep at the wheel ! ! !
My advice... don't try to "forget" about it - "it ain't goinna' happen !" - so just go with it, stay on top of things, keep reading and learning and be ready for that 499-day-mark when you can "book that return trip !"
billfatora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 01:51 PM   #45
monorailsilver
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmom1030 View Post
We have done Whispering Canyon twice. Once for lunch and once for dinner. They don't do the fun stuff at lunch, so I would go for dinner. Both times we went DH ate so much he was sick. We had a blast at Dinner, they made us yell hello to all the new tables that were seated around us. Hopefully they put the oven baked chicken back on the menu before we go.
We went for dinner when we went.

My kids love ketsup & yep, they got lots of it. My oldest participated in the Pony ride. I was fearful because I dropped a fork but I stole one from my kids but the guy next to us had the big fork. And I am a water drinker so I got a pretty good mug of it.

My kids really liked it though. I liked it too for the entertainment factor.
June 1975 Golf Resort & Polynesian August 1977 DL off site April 1990 WDW off site May 1981 Polynesian July-August 1985 Polynesian July-August 1987 Polynesian/Floridian July-August 1990 Beach Club May 1994 All Star Sports/Polynesian June 1995 Wilderness Lodge/Dixie Landings February 1997 off site/Wilderness Lodge March-April 1999 Engagement Trip February 2000 Polynesian August 2002 Polynesian July 2005 Polynesian August 2008 Polynesian August 2013 Polynesian and I think there were a few more trips here & there but I have lost track.
monorailsilver is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: