Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2011, 09:22 AM   #1
csharpwv
DIS Veteran

2012 Dates?

Does anyone know when they typically release the dates for the NEXT year's departures?

We have our choice for our first ABD narrowed down to a few itineraries, but we have some specific dates that we are looking at - so we are getting anxious to book!

Anyone have any advice for ABD newbies???

Thanks!
-Bay Lake Tower
-Saratoga Springs
-Hilton Head Island
csharpwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:07 AM   #2
Bobo912
DIS Veteran

They typically release early in August, but last year it was toward the end of July. Unless ABD offers some incentive to book early, my advice would be not to book as soon as they release the dates. For the past two years, they've offered incentives in October.
Bobo912 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2011, 01:02 PM   #3
WeLoveABD
DIS Veteran

Although...we've seen a few trips go up in price, so depends on the popularity of the trip. (The China trips are doing very well, for instance).
WeLoveABD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:24 PM   #4
Bobo912
DIS Veteran

I think quite a few have gone up in price and some have sold out. But I think that happened mostly after January.
Bobo912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:03 PM   #5
csharpwv
DIS Veteran

I have to admit that I am a little surprised that they wait until August-Septemer to release the dates for the following year. I thought sure they would be out no later than June - as I know we almost always know where and when our next vacation will be by the time our current vacation is over.

We love to travel, and we love that ABD focuses on the story (culture, history, personalities etc) So I know that we will LOVE ABD! We aren't quite ready to go it alone in Europe - so ABD is perfect for us!
-Bay Lake Tower
-Saratoga Springs
-Hilton Head Island
csharpwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 03:57 PM   #6
Smuggs
Mouseketeer

I too am waiting for the 2012 dates. I am planning on joining a group of people to do the Germany trip in June! Less than 2 weeks before my SWS
Smuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:25 PM   #7
WeLoveABD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by csharpwv View Post
I have to admit that I am a little surprised that they wait until August-Septemer to release the dates for the following year. I thought sure they would be out no later than June - as I know we almost always know where and when our next vacation will be by the time our current vacation is over.

We love to travel, and we love that ABD focuses on the story (culture, history, personalities etc) So I know that we will LOVE ABD! We aren't quite ready to go it alone in Europe - so ABD is perfect for us!
We are doing our 5th ABD this August (Peru)--and we have enjoyed all of our trips with them 1) for the stories that are told, 2) because I found I could actually relax and not worry about the details, 3) the guides are just great and 4) my kids (now 10 and 17) have made fast friends on each trip, allowing my wife and I to be able to take it all in and meet up with other adults without worrying about keeping our kids occupied.

Everyone has different ways they like to travel--ABD happens to fit us well; I hope you find the same!
WeLoveABD is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: