Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2011, 07:29 AM   #1
Jakaru
Mouseketeer

Got Milk?

This is an odd one I know, but inspired largely by my random conversation in Disney Village Starbucks with someone about having to have Tea with the UHT Sterilised milk they tend to use in France (which to me, has an awful smell about it, much more so than UK UHT).

She didn't like it either, but in her words "What else are you going to use?"

I personally could not go a week at Disney, in scorching sun, without relaxing with a cup of tea at the end of the day. So I ventured away from Disney and found a decent match to UK taste Milk!

Instead of just boring you all with the Tale and Details - wondered if the info would be of interest to anyone? (in case its Just me! :D )
Jakaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:11 AM   #2
Jonjo
Mouseketeer

Trust me no one on this board is ever bored about any tales of DLP. Even if it is just how you hunted down milk.

Please do tell.
Jonjo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2011, 08:23 AM   #3
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonjo View Post
Trust me no one on this board is ever bored about any tales of DLP. Even if it is just how you hunted down milk.
very true!

Elaine
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:28 AM   #4
sleepysox
Mouseketeer

I really need to know how to get decent tasting milk in DLP- so spill the beans/ milk!
sleepysox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:24 AM   #5
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Location: sur les cases bleues du monopoly -1 mile from Disneyland Paris

I think it's the way Starbucks treated their milk as it smells different to bog standard French UHT - OH won't go near it and I always have black coffee in there or Chai latté but with soja "milk" - which is disgusting as is all UHT milk

Did you find the little cartons of French fresh milk at Auchan Val d'Europe or did the station stock them ?

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:47 AM   #6
Jakaru
Mouseketeer

You're right, its at Val D'Europe, which makes it sound really simple - but if you're a newbie traveller like me, getting onto a French train to a place you've never been (and I went at night, doh) with only vague ideas about where the shop is, well, its an experience on itself.

I know I'd have benefitted from Fuller instructions - so now that other people want to know, and I can tell the wife its not just me being mental :D - I'll write it up!
Jakaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:31 AM   #7
BettyW
Earning My Ears

There's no such thing as too much information when planning a trip, and I'm so glad I found this place as I now know I'm not the only nutter that likes to fret over the most minuscule details!

A decent brew is the only thing we really missed last year. Not so bad for me and the husband because we also like coffee, but my mum was flagging without a regular Tetley fix
BettyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:51 PM   #8
poohsneighbour
Earning My Ears

You think you're sad - one of the few things I have bought to take with us are the semi-skimmed 'dairystix' sachets! I don't like any UHT milk but if I have no choice I find semi skimmed bearable! These are really portable too.
poohsneighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:54 PM   #9
It'sASmallWorld
Earning My Ears

Poohsneighbour- Where did you buy the Dairystix, if you don't mind me asking? I was thinking of taking these with me when I go next weekend. Thanks
It'sASmallWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:00 PM   #10
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sASmallWorld View Post
Poohsneighbour- Where did you buy the Dairystix, if you don't mind me asking? I was thinking of taking these with me when I go next weekend. Thanks
I have picked up Dairystix in my local Asda cafe with my coffee there - and found out that I had picked up too many and somehow they ended up coming to DLP with me

in the past Tesco and even McDonalds little cartons of semi-skimmed have found their way to DLP with me too lol.

Elaine
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:53 PM   #11
poohsneighbour
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPdaft View Post
I have picked up Dairystix in my local Asda cafe with my coffee there - and found out that I had picked up too many and somehow they ended up coming to DLP with me

in the past Tesco and even McDonalds little cartons of semi-skimmed have found their way to DLP with me too lol.
I thought of doing that too but decided I don't visit the cafe enough!

I bought mine in Tesco - one of the larger stores rather than the smaller local store and they were on offer at the time - £1 for a pack of 20. They were in the aisle with the other UHT milk. I know I had to look quite hard to find them even though I knew they were there as a friend had just bought some!

Hope you can find some

Ann
poohsneighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 03:20 PM   #12
A Small World

I always like to give a little royal wave whilst Im up there
Not even looking at it til I get some housework done

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohsneighbour View Post
I thought of doing that too but decided I don't visit the cafe enough!

I bought mine in Tesco - one of the larger stores rather than the smaller local store and they were on offer at the time - £1 for a pack of 20. They were in the aisle with the other UHT milk. I know I had to look quite hard to find them even though I knew they were there as a friend had just bought some!

Hope you can find some

Ann
Ive bought them before at tesco and also at Asda - i find them very useful to take
WDW - Christmas 1991 -Off site; WDW - Christmas 1992 -Off site; WDW - Summer 1996 - All Stars; WDW - Summer 2003 -All Stars; DLP - Easter 2006- Santa Fe; DLP- Easter 2007 - Santa Fe + Explorers; DLP - Summer 2007 - Holiday Inn; DLP - Christmas 2007 -DCR; DLP - Easter 2008 - Cheyenne; DLP Summer 2008 Explorers + Sequoia Lodge; Nov 09 DDs surprise birthday trip- Kyriad; Feb2009 Disneyland Hotel; Easter 09 Kyriad; Summer 09 Newport Bay; Oct 10- DL ; Dec 11 - DL: Dec 12 DL

A Small World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 05:52 PM   #13
Donald Ducks wife
DIS Veteran

at breakfast in the hotels, is it fresh milk they use? as i was hopeing that i could fill up a couple of my toddlers sippy cups of milk at breakky time
November 2012 - Santa Fe DLP
March 2013 - Cheyanne DLP
October 2013 - Santa Fe DLP
April 2014 - Hotel New York DLP
October 2014 - Hotel New York DLP

March 2015 - Hotel New York DLP

Donald Ducks wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 06:08 PM   #14
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Ducks wife View Post
at breakfast in the hotels, is it fresh milk they use? as i was hopeing that i could fill up a couple of my toddlers sippy cups of milk at breakky time
No its UHT milk in the hotels

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 06:10 PM   #15
Donald Ducks wife
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan View Post
No its UHT milk in the hotels
ahh that sucks, will just have to take more toddler milk with us then. Thanks for that
November 2012 - Santa Fe DLP
March 2013 - Cheyanne DLP
October 2013 - Santa Fe DLP
April 2014 - Hotel New York DLP
October 2014 - Hotel New York DLP

March 2015 - Hotel New York DLP

Donald Ducks wife is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: