Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2011, 12:39 PM   #106
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

The Wave - Breakfast

We had an 8:30 ADR for The Wave which was right inside the Contemporary hotel. It is located in the lobby area which we hadnít had occasion to see since our arrival. We checked in and were immediately seated in the near empty restaurant.

The clientele this early appeared to be mostly business people staying at the hotel for a convention. Our server was Trisha who was friendly, prompt and efficient Ė we had no complaints at all.

As was typical, I wasnít very hungry so I ordered the oatmeal with a side bagel. Em ordered the ham and cheese omelet that was served with breakfast potatoes and a biscuit. They also offer a buffet option which most people appeared to be partaking of. I didnít go take a peek so I canít even say for certain what they offered with the buffet option.

I was very pleased with my selection Ė the oats were served with brown sugar and raisins. I use Splenda which they had available at the table. The bagel was actually two mini bagels that were perfectly toasted with a side dish of cream cheese. Just the right amount of food for once!

Em really liked the omelet. I donít think she is a big potato fan so those were mostly untouched. I donít recall if she ate the biscuit which looked soft and delicious.

Using our TIW card, the total was $26.99. We took a few photos and were on our way. We saved $5.23 using the TIW card.

Next Up: Main Street Bakery
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 12:51 PM   #107
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Main Street Bakey, Pinocchio's Village Haus & a soft pretzel!

We decided to go to Main Street Bakery and grab a few bakery items since we hadnít made it to any of our favorite bakery places this trip. (France bakery at Epcot, Kringla Og Bakeri, and Karamel Kuche among some.)

Selections:

For someone who loves all sorts of yummy treats, it was hard to select only one item but Em and I both selected cherry danishes. We ate at a small table in the bakery and enjoyed these fresh and delicious sweets. Since these didnít necessarily fill us up Ė not that we were hungry but there were a few items that I wanted to sample before we left MK.

I was on a mission to find a soft pretzel. I asked one of the bakery CMís where I could get one of these and they referenced a guide that told where there were restaurants, carts and kiosks for certain types of food/snacks. Fantasyland had two places so back in that direction we headed. I finally found the pretzel cart and was happy to indulge in one of those snacks.

Em decided that she wanted to eat something more as well so we went to the Pinocchio Village Haus and ordered her a kidís mac and cheese with carrot sticks and grapes. Once you have your food, they allow you to then find a seat. They are pretty strict about this rule because I was going to grab a table while Em waited for her food but they wouldnít let me until we had our tray of food. No problem. We found a seat after going to a second dining area, it was a bit crowded at that time. Em did not like the mac & cheese Ė it lacked flavor and had the consistency and taste of paste. Ick! She didnít eat the carrots or grapes at that time. I must say that I did enjoy my pretzel.

Next Up: Bonus section - popular snacks
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2011, 12:55 PM   #108
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Whew! I'm almost done... just a final bonus section to go. I wanted to get this posted before we leave to go on our Alaska cruise. It's no WDW but I can't have every vacation my way. Go figure!

I will be back and wrap this thing up!
Old 07-23-2011, 01:42 PM   #109
elder
Mouseketeer

Love it!!

I have loved your report so far! We can't get ADR's until the end of November, so I am reading up on reviews!

We are staying at Poly at the end of May, so I'm thinking we may have to hit up Kona! Those pancakes look awesome!

I had the brownie at EoS, and it was probably the best brownie! I also love Main Street Bakery!

Looking forward to reading more!!
elder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 02:44 PM   #110
basketkat
DIS Veteran

Oh it is so hard to chose something at Main Street Bakery! Those danish look pretty yummy though!

And that Mac N Cheese does look pretty awful!

Oooo I'm looking forward to your bonus post! I hope you have a fabulous vacation!

'01-Off Property '02-All Star Movies Honeymoon '10- All Star Movies'11- Coronado Springs'12- Dream Cruise to Bahamas/Wilderness Lodge'12- Disneyland
basketkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 03:19 PM   #111
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

WHEW!! A plethora of dining reviews! I wouldn't know where to start so I'll just say GREAT, GREAT, GREAT report. Thanks so much for it all.

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
saintstickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 06:30 PM   #112
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

I never knew they gave birthday cupcakes at CS places! How nice.

I'm so glad you loved Flame Tree! I'm really looking forward to trying it in August!

Teppan Edo looks great! I'm so excited to go there in a couple days!

HAHAHA those waiters at GF Cafe are so precious.

The CM's that serve you can really make or break the experience. Glad you had a great time at Le Cellier.

Tony's is just basic Italian but I love it and I really want to go back sometime soon. Glad you enjoyed it. It does look crowded though.

I really want to try The Wave, that omelet looks delish!

The Main Street Bakery can be very dangerous, considering I want everything.

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Disneyfreak616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:37 AM   #113
TexasErin
Loves old Pluto cartoons

I am really enjoying your reviews. They are very well-written and you have a great sense of humor. Thank you for taking the time to post them. My 8-year-old DS saw the pictures of The Wave and wants to go there next trip.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:21 PM   #114
PrincessPaczki
Mom of 2 Prince's

Hi. I loved your trip report. Thank you for sharing your pictures with us. If you had to choose one TS meal that you would defin. not want to miss what would it be? Thanks.
1992 - CBR
1993 - 2003 - OBX / BUSCH GARDENS VA.
2004 - BEACH CLUB / ROYAL PACIFIC
2005 - WILDERNESS LODGE
2006 - POR.RIVERSIDE
2007 - POR.RIVERSIDE
2008 - GRAND FLORIDIAN RPC
2010 - POR.RIVERSIDE
2011 - POLYNESIAN
2012 - POR.RIVERSIDE
2013 - CORONADO SPRINGS

PrincessPaczki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:11 PM   #115
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elder View Post
I have loved your report so far! We can't get ADR's until the end of November, so I am reading up on reviews!

We are staying at Poly at the end of May, so I'm thinking we may have to hit up Kona! Those pancakes look awesome!

I had the brownie at EoS, and it was probably the best brownie! I also love Main Street Bakery!

Looking forward to reading more!!
You HAVE to visit Kona at least once!! We are booking two breakfasts there next time. I wish I had eaten the brownie while it was still fresh - it may have been amazing but we had too many sweets to fit another one into our stomachs this trip.

thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketkat View Post
Oh it is so hard to chose something at Main Street Bakery! Those danish look pretty yummy though!

And that Mac N Cheese does look pretty awful!

Oooo I'm looking forward to your bonus post! I hope you have a fabulous vacation!
Thanks! I don't think there is anything not amazing at Main St. Bakery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
WHEW!! A plethora of dining reviews! I wouldn't know where to start so I'll just say GREAT, GREAT, GREAT report. Thanks so much for it all.
thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak616 View Post
I never knew they gave birthday cupcakes at CS places! How nice.

I'm so glad you loved Flame Tree! I'm really looking forward to trying it in August!

Teppan Edo looks great! I'm so excited to go there in a couple days!

HAHAHA those waiters at GF Cafe are so precious.

The CM's that serve you can really make or break the experience. Glad you had a great time at Le Cellier.

Tony's is just basic Italian but I love it and I really want to go back sometime soon. Glad you enjoyed it. It does look crowded though.

I really want to try The Wave, that omelet looks delish!

The Main Street Bakery can be very dangerous, considering I want everything.
Thanks for reading along! You have some great places to look forward to eating! I know what you mean about wanting everything from Main St. Bakery. I'm a sucker for any pastry, muffin, cookie, or cake. (Unfortunately!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasErin View Post
I am really enjoying your reviews. They are very well-written and you have a great sense of humor. Thank you for taking the time to post them. My 8-year-old DS saw the pictures of The Wave and wants to go there next trip.
Thank you for joining in! We had cancelled The Wave twice last trip and this time ended up making it for breakfast. It was certainly worth visiting. Nothing fancy but really good service and good food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessPaczki View Post
Hi. I loved your trip report. Thank you for sharing your pictures with us. If you had to choose one TS meal that you would defin. not want to miss what would it be? Thanks.
Le Cellier lunch. Kona Cafe breakfast. California Grilll dinner. Ok, that was three! If I had to choose one of those - hmmmm..... Le Cellier.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:34 PM   #116
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

I really thought this would be locked by now since I've been so neglectful! (Alaska was wonderful... then I had a business trip for a week in Vegas....so now I'm back.)

As promised, here is a bonus post with some photos of treats from a couple favorites around here!!

Karamelle Kuche (Epcot - Germany):

We didn't try anything here but perhaps next time I'll leave room!

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...041211-272.jpg

Fantasia Market at Bay Lake Tower:

Kringla Og Bakeri (Norway - Epcot)
This trip we didn't have anything from this bakery but I have had the waffle with berries. Very yummy!

Old 08-17-2011, 12:05 AM   #117
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

More snacks

Contempo Cafe:
These are marked as the dining snack options....

close up of the lovely cupcakes.

As Forrest Gump would say... "that's all I have to say about that."

Since I've come to the end of the road for this dining review, I am please to announce that I have booked a return trip in February that will definitely include a lot of TS dining, snacks, and other delicious food items that I plan to share!

Take care,

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: