Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2011, 11:05 PM   #91
debjk4
Mouseketeer

It looks like you and your daughter had a great time! Wonderful pics...can't wait for more!
Old 07-16-2011, 12:12 PM   #92
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Wow, I've missed a lot! I'm glad you enjoyed Coral Reef though, and that was nice of your "neighbors" to sing for you. lol.

Mmmm I LOVE breakfast at Ohana. Sorry about the service though.

Gotta love those kids pizzas at the CS places. They are soo good!

La Hacienda is gorgeous! I love the decor in there. Now I just have to find room for an ADR...

I love Crystal Palace breakfast! I'm glad you guys had a great time! Looks like you had some fun even before your ADR!

Can't wait to hear about your waiter at 50's!

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Disneyfreak616 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2011, 07:21 PM   #93
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckimion View Post
I'd wondered what Gilbert Gottfried was doing these days.
Ha! That was funny - I suppose there is a resemblence!

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketkat View Post
Oh my goodness...this makes me want to switch our Crystal Palace ressie from lunch to breakfast...

We did lunch last year and really liked it...but those breakfast foods look amazing!
Breakfast was really, really good. I could have just eaten the puffed french toast and the cake and been happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymomof1 View Post
Loving all your reviews, your pictures and reviews are fantastic.
Why thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketkat View Post
Just found your reviews and I love them all! Looking forward to reading more!
Thank you! More to come...
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 07:27 PM   #94
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by debjk4 View Post
It looks like you and your daughter had a great time! Wonderful pics...can't wait for more!
We had a great time. We can't stay away so I am booking a Sweet 16 trip early next year for our 3rd girl's trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak616 View Post
Wow, I've missed a lot! I'm glad you enjoyed Coral Reef though, and that was nice of your "neighbors" to sing for you. lol.

Mmmm I LOVE breakfast at Ohana. Sorry about the service though.

Gotta love those kids pizzas at the CS places. They are soo good!

La Hacienda is gorgeous! I love the decor in there. Now I just have to find room for an ADR...

I love Crystal Palace breakfast! I'm glad you guys had a great time! Looks like you had some fun even before your ADR!

Can't wait to hear about your waiter at 50's!
Thanks for joining back in!

As for the "fun" before the ADR with the Mayor - it went from fun and happy to a bit awkward pretty quickly. But hey... perhaps WDW can be called the "Happiest place on earth with a little smooch thrown in." (Or is that just Disneyland??)

50's PT review coming right up and our extremely cool, wise cracking, sarcastic yet friendly waiter....
Old 07-16-2011, 07:53 PM   #95
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

50's Prime Time - lunch

Just to recap... this was my actual birthday day so I had selected a new restaurant for breakfast (Crystal Palace) that we hadn't tried and then two favorites -50's PT for lunch and Cali Grill for dinner.

We had a 2:30 ADR for 50’s Prime Time Café. We were checked in and seated in no time. We had our usual photo in the lobby “kitchen” before we were seated.

We had a table for two – same as last time. Since we had dined here before we knew what to expect. However, having an awesome Cast Member makes all of the difference!

Cooper, from Tiverton RI, was AMAZING! He had just the right dose of sarcasm to be in character. He started by asking if we had dined there before and we said yes so he responded with “so you know the rules.” We ordered our beverages which were delivered shortly.

I’m not a huge fan of the menu with the exception of a few items. On my “must have” list is the bleu cheese salad which I ordered for a starter. Em ordered the fried chicken and I ordered just a side of mashed potatoes with gravy since my appetite hadn’t returned due to our large breakfast. When placing my order Cooper asked which gravy I wanted, I ask what other gravy there was besides chicken gravy. He responded with duh, “beef gravy!” I opted for the chicken gravy.

The bleu cheese wedge salad is huge and comes with a puddle of dressing pooled on the plate. It also has bacon pieces sprinkled around. I love this salad but it is way too much iceberg to finish in one sitting. I had about as much bleu cheese as I could eat in one day!

Bleu cheese wedge salad w/ bacon:

Em’s chicken was excellent – I took a bite and would have no hesitation ordering that some time. My mashed potatoes with gravy were as expected – yummy mashed potatoes with chicken gravy. No complaints and no problems.

Aunt Liz's Golden Fried Chicken

Side of mashed potatoes with gravy:

When our server was checking on us at one point all of the guests in our dining room had finished and left and I asked him if it was something we said! He responded with, “they left because they didn’t want to sing Happy Birthday to you!” Ouch!

Cooper delivered dessert menus and I was looking forward to the Boston Cream cupcake. But wait… the menu had changed and it was now a Boston Cream parfait. Hmph! I wanted what I had last time. I’m not a fan of change. Em ordered Dad’s Brownie sundae. It was huge! It is a bottom layer of brownie topped with fudge sauce, ice cream, whipped cream, sprinkles and a cherry. It also had caramel corn and m&ms as a garnish. Mmmmmm – this was so very good.

When Cooper delivered Em’s dessert he presented me with a cupcake with a candle. He lit it and said he wrote a little something for me. “This is your birthday song and it isn’t very long.” And then walked away….. well, don’t I feel special. He was hilarious!

I asked for a drink refill and Cooper said "No" while walking away. I thought he may be serious since no refill ensued for at last 5 minutes. However, eventually, he arrived bearing a fresh Diet Coke.

Since I was not going to eat my cupcake I asked for a to-go container. When Cooper came back with a plastic dome he said, “Brenda, catch!” and threw it at me. Still in character!

We had an opportunity to chat and take some photos with him. We told him that he definitely made our dining experience special. We noted that he had not been in character with the table next to us that had a family from, I believe, South America. He said that they have to be careful not to offend anyone that may not understand sarcasm. Most international guests do not get the same banter.

Cooper had worked at 50’s PT for 8 years and has a degree in hospitality/service something or another. He said a lot of good that got him!

We would have loved to hang out with Cooper longer but it was time to move on. The bill with the TIW discount and 18% gratuity was $35.56. (We saved $6.89 with our TIW card.) When Cooper handed me back my credit card he quipped, “Better watch that credit card, you may want to buy something nice for your kid, as if a trip to Disney was not enough.”

Also of note, the other server that was working in that room (I forget his name), he saw my purse and said it was Vera Bradley. I was surprised that a dude would know that. He said that his wife was crazy over Vera stuff! He said he hated the java blue pattern. Ok, dude you know way too much about Vera and then I pulled out my java blue wristlet and said so you don’t like this? It was funny and entertaining all at the same time. And even more amazing, this was only the first guy who know Vera so well…. Later in the trip there was another server who mentioned my Vera bag. (I had two Vera bags on me this trip.)

Bonus photos:

Next Up: California Grill
Old 07-16-2011, 08:25 PM   #96
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

California Grill - dinner

We had a 9:15 ADR at California Grill. Since we were staying at BLT, it was just a short walk away. We left our room to walk over to the Contemporary at 9pm.

We took the escalator down to the 3rd floor and joined a short line for check-in for our reservation. The other guests were dressed in similar attire, sundresses and nicer clothing. We received our pager and waited only a few minutes before we were on the elevator ascending to the 15th floor for the restaurant.

Tim, a very nice and helpful young man who must have been a host showed us to our table which was located in the wine room. It was an annex to the main dining room and very intimate and quieter. The one wall was lined with wine bottles – thus the room’s name. Tim did a great job explaining some of the menu items and the timing for the dinner.

I had read that Cali Grill presents Birthday printed menus and I was a little surprised that I didn’t have one. (It is all about me, right?) I mentioned that Citricos had presented me with a personalized printed menu to take with me. Tim said that with advance notice they provide these. Uh… you mean advance notice like when I made my dining reservation 3 months ago and added my birthday celebration to the rez kind of advance notice?? (I was messing with Tim and had absolutely no tone just in case anyone can’t believe that I would say that!) He said he would print some for me no problemo!

I noticed that the waiter from our prior visit was working that night and he said that Michael would be our waiter. Cool! Rich (Michael’s assistant) actually provided 100% of our service but he was so much better and more engaging than Michael that it turned out perfect!

We were started with a basket of bread and salted butter. They should keep that stuff away from me because I always partake and I wasn’t hungry to begin with so what do you think eating bread will do to my appetite? Yeah, it doesn’t help.

In celebration of my birthday, I ordered a glass of red wine. I asked Rich for a California wine that was dry and full bodied in the Cab or Zin family. He suggested a few from Sonoma and Napa and I said I’ll let you select for me since I didn’t have a preference. He ended up bringing me a Merryvale Cabernet ($14 per glass) which was excellent!

Em ordered the Grilled Pork Tenderloin Served with goat cheese polenta, button mushrooms, and Zinfandel glaze ($34.) I ordered an appetizer salad that I don’t see on the on-line menu. It was a Florida firecracker peach salad that had greens with hearts of palm, fourme d’ ambert (cheese), and pecan-sesame brittle ($14.)

It was nearing 10pm when Wishes would be shown and Rich asked if we would prefer them delivering the food quickly or delaying it until after the fireworks show. We both agreed to have the kitchen wait until after the fireworks. Speaking of fireworks, Rich gave us a valuable piece of advice. He suggested viewing the Wishes fireworks show for a separate terrace that is accessed by the back banquet room, the door is near the restrooms. It is a less utilized terrace yet still offers the same spectacular views of the show. We took his advice and were thrilled that there were only a handful of people on that deck. It was the perfect spot to see the show and since the pipe in the music you still get 100% of the experience.

Once the show concluded, we returned to our table which had now been decorated with confetti. Nice! Shortly after arriving back at our table Rich brought out our meal.

Decorated table and personalized menu when we came back inside from the Wishes fireworks:

I will start with Em’s grilled pork tenderloin since it was the true homerun champ of the TRIP!!! The pork was perfectly cooked and presented sliced on a bed of creamy polenta. The glaze was rich and delicious and perfectly complimented the dish. Em had shared a bite with me and I literally hovered over her asking if she was too full to finish because I would be glad to have more! (I was able to score more of the polenta that she didn’t finish but gosh darn it, she loved the pork and ate it all!)

My salad was very good. I really liked the spicy heat of the peaches that had been lightly marinated in peppers. The textures were amazing and I really fell in love with the fourme d’ ambert cheese – which had veins of bleu yet was mild and creamy. The sesame-pecan brittle was the perfect garnish. The dressing was light and some type of vinegairette.

Dessert menus were offered but I passed. Em ordered the Tanzanian chocolate crème brulee like last time. It arrived with the usual citrus financier and chocolate hazelnut bark. Whatever the citrus financier thingie is – it was very good. It was a like a mini citrus sponge cake. (Watch that be the literal translation!)

With Em’s dessert, Rich presented me with a glass of champagne complete with a candle and a chocolate scripted birthday greeting. Again, it was very nice and although I’m not a huge champagne fan – I took a few sips and remembered why I’m not a fan! I had enough alcohol between the wine and the champagne, we don’t need any crazy mamas on this trip!

The total bill was $76.37 with the 18% gratuity and the TIW discount. We saved $14.80 using the TIW card. I added an additional tip for such great service and an amazing birthday experience. This is on my “must re-visit” list!

We took a couple last photos so by the time we left the restaurant it was nearly 11:15pm.

Next Up: Cancelled Tusker House buffet at AK (again!) so let's move on to Flame Tree BBQ
Old 07-16-2011, 08:34 PM   #97
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Alternate breakfast to Tusker House

This was the second time that we had cancelled an ADR for Tusker House. We just couldn't get going early enough to make it to the park to eat breakfast.

Em had decided to sleep in this morning and I wanted to see the park open at MK. While she slept I walked over to MK and after the park open I did a couple rides solo in Fantasyland. I saw the Cast Member who selected us for the parade last fall and we chatted for awhile. I also saw the CM that drove the firetruck for the parade and we also talked and I told her that I would email her some photos from that day.....

By the time I got back to the room Em was just waking up so we ate some of the cupcakes that I had received for my birthday and called it breakfast.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:08 PM   #98
ChrisnKim913
DIS Veteran

Liked the reviews except the 'Ohana part. What's wrong with a manager who is in his mid 20's? Especially when he gave you what you wanted without question.
ChrisnKim913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:18 PM   #99
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you guys had a blast at 50's! What a great waiter! I love the fried chicken too, but I've never tried that salad...I'll have to sometime! It looks great!

We have a Cali Grill ADR on this trip coming up and I can't wait! I was torn between the filet and Em's choice, but now I think the pork tenderloin has won me over from your review. We'll see what I'm in the mood for though.

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Disneyfreak616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:02 AM   #100
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisnKim913 View Post
Liked the reviews except the 'Ohana part. What's wrong with a manager who is in his mid 20's? Especially when he gave you what you wanted without question.
Thanks! The manager could have been my kid - strange!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak616 View Post
Sounds like you guys had a blast at 50's! What a great waiter! I love the fried chicken too, but I've never tried that salad...I'll have to sometime! It looks great!

We have a Cali Grill ADR on this trip coming up and I can't wait! I was torn between the filet and Em's choice, but now I think the pork tenderloin has won me over from your review. We'll see what I'm in the mood for though.
Thanks! We LOVED 50's but I think it was because Cooper made it such a great experience.

For our return trip in February I am bringing my appetite to Cali Grill since I desperately want that pork tenderloin! However, I'm sure the filet is awesome as well - it has some great reviews here.
Old 07-23-2011, 11:11 AM   #101
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Flame Tree BBQ - lunch

The last time we were at AK I had wanted to try Flame Tree but they were closed for refurbishment. So I was excited to try it this trip. We had a late lunch this day since we didn't get out of the Lion King show until after 2pm but that worked out well since it was not crowded at all in the outside dining area.

The menu is not extensive here but I saw what I wanted immediately – the BBQ pork sandwich. Em ordered the slab of ribs (St. Louis style pork ribs.) The server lady was handing my tray of food and said, “hang on a minute.” She then put a cupcake on my tray in celebration of my special day! Thanks Flame Tree BBQ lady!

Birthday cupcake:

I had read about the birds that roam around stealing your food so I was a little worried that I needed to keep a close eye on my food. Apparently, the birds were not interested in us today as they were congregated around another family.

So back to the food… it looked really good but you know how looks can be deceiving? In this case, the food tasted as great as it looked.

My pork sandwich was perfect! There were two kinds of BBQ sauce and I liked the sweeter less vinegary version. The pork was awesome – tender and moist (not overcooked) and the bun wasn’t the fall apart, whole wheat variety. I really liked the baked beans that were served with my sandwich. I know some people are not fans of the beans but they were to my liking.

Pulled pork sandwich:

Sandwich with extra sauce:

Em had the pork ribs and thoroughly enjoyed them. I had one bite and yes, they were good! She is not a coleslaw fan so I had not problem eating that for her. As much as I liked the beans, I liked the coleslaw even better. It was not the sweet kind like KFC but more creamy and the cabbage had just the texture.

Once we had devoured our food Em asked me with a question, “We have a serious problem here. What are we doing to do about that cupcake?” I’m all about sharing so I cut that sucker in half and we both enjoyed the cupcake.

We took a few photos and were trying to decide what to do next when a nice couple that we had said hello to at the table next to us took our photo with my camera. I always liked how thoughtful it was when people volunteered to take a photo of us together instead of me begging to have someone take our picture.

Next Up: Teppan Edo dinner
Old 07-23-2011, 11:34 AM   #102
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Teppan Edo - dinner

We arrived in Japan at 7:40 so we were pretty much on time for checking in for our 7:50 ADR. By the way, they were apparently accommodating walk-in dining requests. We checked in and were given a pager but we had no more than a 5 minute wait.

Hands down, no contest, no comparison, this was the best dining experience of our trip. I make that declaration based on the interaction of our table mates. We did Teppan Edo last trip and it was good but this trip we had some wonderful people that helped to make this meal special! There were a married couple from the local area that had annual passes and came occasionally for dinner and then there were two “couples”.

We were shown to our teppan table and Em and I seated ourselves on the short side of the table so that the “couples” could sit together. We immediately introduced ourselves and I asked if the guys wanted to sit with their women – they laughed. They were co-workers there for a conference. Oops! My bad. These fun people were from Pennsylvania; Joe (COO of whatever company), Jeff, Kathy, and Lynn.

Some guys from a teppan table next to us had wished me a happy birthday and I told them that they could sing happy birthday to me! Joe and Jeff at our table then struck up a conversation with us and we quickly started laughing and carrying on. Em told the group that I was turning 50 so that resulted in a lot of compliments. Joe and Jeff asked if one camera wasn’t enough? I had my Nikon and my Sony out for different types of photos but it would take too long to explain why! I said that I did dining reviews with photos – at least I try. We didn’t stop chatting and laughing the entire meal!

Our teppan chef was Kenji and he did a fantastic job. Just thinking that they do the same “cooking performance” every day and still make it entertaining and fun is great!

I suppose a dining review should include some feedback on the food so I will take a break from the frivolity and get to the point….

I ordered the chicken and shrimp combo (Ueno for $26.95) while Em ordered the steak and chicken combo (Nihon bashi for $28.95.) We were so busy chatting with our table mates that we paid little attention to the preparation of the food – although we got a good laugh out of Kenji saying that he had a special birthday treat for me and “serving” the shrimp tails on my plate. He did the onion volcano and put such flair into his presentation.

My gift from Kenji the teppan chef - shrimp tails!

Onion volcano:

They serve udon noodles, zucchini, mushrooms, and onion. The veggies and noodles were awesome! The shrimp and chicken was equally amazing! The meal is served with a bowl of rice – you may have seconds no problem if you wish. Because I don’t recall the names of the three dipping sauces but I can tell you that the ginger sauce was the best in my opinion. Although I liked the other darker sauce, the white version was blah.

When we had finished the meal and were still laughing and carrying on, the waitress brought out a flaming slice of chocolate ginger cake with a teppan chef hat. They placed the cake in front of me and I handed the camera to Joe to video the “song.” Apparently Joe does a better job at being COO than being a photographer because it didn’t really turn out. Although we laughed about the effort as well. I took one bite which was actually not too bad but since I’m not a huge chocolate fan I asked the waitress for extra forks so I could share the dessert with the table. They actually partook! We took a group photo before we called it a night.

The food, the table mates, and the service were all excellent! Teppan Edo doesn’t participate in TIW so the bill was $62.68 without tip.

Photos of the empty park - we finished dinner after Epcot closed:

Next Up: Grand Floridian Cafe breakfast
Old 07-23-2011, 11:54 AM   #103
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Grand Floridian Cafe - Breakfast

We left the room at a little before 8am to go to the monorail station. We arrived at the Grand Floridian at 8:15 and were seated almost immediately after checking in. As we were being escorted to our table, a friendly waiter said Happy Birthday! That nice waiter, Robert, ended up being our server.

We were seated at a table for two and when Robert arrived to take our beverage orders he asked if I was 21 (wink, wink!) I said no, [insert lie here] I was turning 50 (hey, if I'm going to lie about my age why not make myself older so I may fetch a compliment for how well preserved I am!). He said that if he had to guess, he would say that I was 45. Ouch! I was actually 47!

After our chit chat, Robert said, let me buy you a mimosa. Honestly, I had never had a mimosa but what a nice gesture so I said – why thanks! I actually enjoyed my first mimosa.

We both ordered the French toast, me with a scrambled egg substituted for meat and Em ordered the sausage. While we were awaiting our food, Robert brought us a plate with a cheese and an apple Danish – compliments of him for my birthday! We split the danishes so I had ½ of each. They were very tasty!

The French toast was excellent and the scrambled egg was cooked perfectly. I’m picky about my scrambled eggs since I don’t like them dry and overcooked nor do I prefer them runny and gooey. I thought it odd that the scrambled egg came on a dinner size plate instead of a smaller bread plate so it looked lonely and small on the plate.

Robert was very friendly and chatty and at one point another waiter, Chris stopped by our table to chat as well. He complimented me on my graceful aging! We took some photos together. When Robert sat down on the banquette next to me and gave me a smooch on the check.

I used our TIW card and the total with the discount and 18% tip was $27.72. I did tip extra since we were provided with excellent service, awesome food, and some love from Robert. (We saved $5.37 using the TIW card.)

Up Next: Le Cellier lunch
Old 07-23-2011, 12:09 PM   #104
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Le Cellier - lunch

Although Le Cellier is now a signature restaurant for dinner, I preferred the lunch menu and the smaller portions since I knew we would not be able to eat a big meal in the middle of the day. So I was very happy when I was able to book our ADRs and there were several lunch dates/times available.

We arrived and checked in for our 1:35ADR and had a short wait before we were seated. We had a table for two along the wall that had banquette seating. I was pleased to see that the young couple seated to my right posed their food for photos as well!! Sitting this close to other guest, I wasn’t too worried that they would be annoyed if I took photos of the food in front of me.

Sara, from Nova Scotia, was our server and she was awesome! Again, we were beyond pleased with the service and attention from this restaurant. We started with appetizers, or rather I started with an appetizer since Em passed on that course. I ordered a cup of the bacon cheddar soup – I wanted a bowl since I loved it last time but I knew I had a lot of food that I wanted to stuff in my belly so I took it easy to start.

We told Sara that we loved the pretzel bread and she asked if we wanted only pretzel bread but we decided to have both the pretzel and the sourdough to mix it up a little.

I declare here and now that I would be entirely happy making a meal out of the pretzel bread and the soup alone! That stuff is crazy good – not sure if it is legal in all 50 states?? I liked the pretzel bread buttered best although I did try dipping it in the soup. I tried a bite of the sourdough but why waste the precious little space I had in my tummy with that stuff when there was the pretzel bread?

Em and I both ordered the petite mushroom filet with the risotto. The filet was perfectly cooked and practically melted in my mouth. I had read some reviews about this being a bit salty and I kept that in mind as I was enjoying my filet – but for me, it was just fine. I love the white truffle herb butter sauce on the filet. The mushroom risotto was the perfect accompaniment. Some day I would like to try the cream cheese potatoes but for today, I was very happy with my choices. Everything about the meal was perfect!

Another view of the filet:

Once we had completed our entrees the dessert menus were delivered and I wasn’t hungry enough to order my own so Em ordered the crème brulee and I tried to get her to promise me that she would let me take a bite. Sweet Sara brought me my own birthday version of the maple crème brulee complete with a candle and chocolate scripted “happy birthday” written on the plate.

Remember I said that I wasn’t hungry enough to eat my own crème brulee well….I found a way to devour the entire dish. Not that I felt especially good when I waddled out of there but it was delicious!

The bill with the TIW card was $71.37. (We saved $13.83 with TIW.) I tipped extra since Sara was amazing and really made the meal special when she unexpectantly brought me recipe cards for the risotto, crème brulee and the cheddar bacon soup. Not that I would actually try to make those dishes since I can’t compete with the Le Cellier chefs… and I’m not a great cook so I will leave that to the experts.

Sara stopped to chat briefly with us and shared that her program ended soon. She was married to another Cast Member who was a chef in the kitchen. She was a nice young lady that made our experience rememberable.

One final request was a photo with Sara and we said our good-byes.

Restaurant photos:

Next Up: Tony's Town Square
Old 07-23-2011, 12:24 PM   #105
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Tony's Town Square - Dinner

We only had to walk to MK and the restaurant is near the entrance so we left the hotel at 7:10pm. We arrived at Tony’s at 7:30pm right at our ADR time. They were crazy busy and had a lot of families waiting in the lobby. They were taking walk-ups.

Crowded waiting area:

We had a short wait before we were seated. We walked past the Lady & the Tramp fountain. We were seated at a small table near the back of the restaurant. The table had been decorated with Mickey confetti and curly cues – very nice touch. Claude was our server and did a fine job.

We were presented with the basket of rolls and olive oil. I thought they were just ok – nothing special. I think I would have preferred butter for the rolls since the olive oil wasn’t that flavorful (must have been some generic brand!)

We place our orders, spaghetti and meatballs for Em and chicken parmesan for me. I hadn’t eaten but ½ of a roll when the food arrived. They must have that stuff sitting under a heat lamp somewhere because the basil garnish on my dish was wilted and baked. Looks can be deceiving so I won’t judge this by that alone.

Em liked her spaghetti – it wasn’t anything exciting or spectacular – but it did get touched. The chicken parm was ok. I can’t say anything bad about it but if I had to say anything good about it – it would be that it had just the right amount of sauce for the dish. It wasn’t slathered in spaghetti sauce. Oh, and the spaghetti wasn’t overcooked and mushy. I didn’t eat much of this sine I wasn’t too hungry.

Claude brought out an ice-cream sundae complete with candle and Mickey-fetti. It was a nice touch and although I don’t really eat ice-cream I did eat the chocolate curls.

The bill with the TIW card was $40.32. (We saved $7.81 with TIW.) I do have to say that there are so many over-priced restaurants in WDW that I had just become accustomed to paying $12 for an appetizer and $14 for a burger. So paying $17 for the chicken parm was a bargain!

Next Up: The Wave breakfast

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: