Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2011, 12:17 PM   #16
butiflfeet
DIS Veteran

We love Kona for breakfast! It never fails to get me into a proper Disney mood to eat there for our first breakfast Looking forward to more of your reviews!
Old 05-17-2011, 12:39 PM   #17
Jonesloonybin
DIS Veteran

Loving your reviews so far!!! We did Kona for dinner during our recent trip, and it was FANTASTIC!! We will have to see about adding it for breakfast!

Terri

Trips: May 2011 Pop/May 2012 Pop/February 2013 POFQ
Dining report:May 2011
May 2012 PTR: Don't tell them we are going back!
Jonesloonybin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2011, 02:30 PM   #18
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Lol at the way you described them pancakes!!

I can't wait to try some Tonga Toast in September!!
TanzUnited99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 02:56 PM   #19
lblume91
It's magic wrapped up in pixie dust!

Enjoying your reviews so far! They are making me that much more excited for our trip the end of next week!!!
Old 05-17-2011, 05:09 PM   #20
deenbrad
DIS Veteran

You sat at the same table we sat at for our dinner there! I loved Kona!
off-site many times 1989-2009 (including half of our honeymoon in 1996!), Pop Century May 2011
deenbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:47 PM   #21
maiziezoe
DIS Veteran

I REALLY enjoyed your last dining reviews and I am SO glad to see you have started another.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:28 PM   #22
lizzyb
DIS Veteran

Great reviews so far!
Oct. 23-28, 2007 Pop Century,July 12-19, 2008 Pop Century, Jan. 23-30, 2009 Pop Century, Jan.23-31,2010 POR, Aug. 28-Sept. 4, 2011 CSR, Aug.13-19, 2012 AoA, April 20-27, 2013 Disney Fantasy, Aug. 3-12, 2014 CR, April 25- May 2, 2015 Disney Fantasy

lizzyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:47 PM   #23
ansky922
Mouseketeer

Great start.. Cant wait to read more

07/96-Dix Lan,04/00-Dix Lan,07/03-Offsite,03/04-BW, 11/05-BCV,07/06-CB,DCL,04/07-SSR,08/07-SSR,7/08-offsite,2/09-pop,8/10-DCL,8/11-BCV,8/12-SSR,DCL 12/28
ansky922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:52 PM   #24
archdandy
DIS Veteran

Definitely subbing! I can't wait to read more of your reviews. We've never eaten at Kona or Cosmic Rays before but your reviews make them sound like really good places to try. We might end up trying Cosmic Rays for one of our CS lunches when we go in June.

October 2013 Port Orleans Resort
May 2013 Animal Kingdom Kidani
October 2012 Art of Animation
January 2012 Port Orleans Resort
June 2011 Coronado Springs
September 2010 All Star Sports
archdandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:32 PM   #25
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Thanks for dropping by!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolateMinnie View Post
definitely subscribing - love the reviews so far - we wanted to do kona next trip but the kids vetoed it
Tell the kids that the parents veto the kids! Seriously, I'm sure they would love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by butiflfeet View Post
We love Kona for breakfast! It never fails to get me into a proper Disney mood to eat there for our first breakfast Looking forward to more of your reviews!
Amen! It has become a first breakfast tradition for us as well. Like I said in my review, I will be scheduling 2 breakfasts here next time. It's THAT good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesloonybin View Post
Loving your reviews so far!!! We did Kona for dinner during our recent trip, and it was FANTASTIC!! We will have to see about adding it for breakfast!

Terri
Thanks Terri! I haven't tried dinner there yet but if someone can give me a compelling reason to book that meal, I'd definitely try it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Lol at the way you described them pancakes!!

I can't wait to try some Tonga Toast in September!!
Ha, why yes, the pancakes were THAT good! Some people are tonga toast people (those people!) and some people are macadamia nut pineapple pancake people (my people!) Enjoy dreaming about Kona until Sept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lblume91 View Post
Enjoying your reviews so far! They are making me that much more excited for our trip the end of next week!!!
Why thanks! How exciting for you - you are down to having to wait only days now.... Enjoy your trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deenbrad View Post
You sat at the same table we sat at for our dinner there! I loved Kona!
I was going to say at least we were not seated in the corner! I liked that seat... it was better than sitting in the middle of the room last time. I felt like we were in the mush-pot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiziezoe View Post
I REALLY enjoyed your last dining reviews and I am SO glad to see you have started another.
Thanks! A repeat customer - nice!
BTW: Congrats on your amazing 50 lb wt. loss! That is incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyb View Post
Great reviews so far!
Thank you Lizzyb!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansky922 View Post
Great start.. Cant wait to read more
Thanks. More to come just for you then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by archdandy View Post
Definitely subbing! I can't wait to read more of your reviews. We've never eaten at Kona or Cosmic Rays before but your reviews make them sound like really good places to try. We might end up trying Cosmic Rays for one of our CS lunches when we go in June.
Cosmic Rays is great since you don't have to worry about ADRs or leaving the park. However, Kona - you really should try if you can sometime. Both of these ADRs were initially tried because of the wonderful people on the DisBoards that shared their dining reivews. Otherwise I may never have known about Kona. My life would be so incomplete without that experience!

More to come.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:30 PM   #26
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Liberty Tree Tavern - Lunch

This was a restaurant that we had tried last summer when we were in MK – it is now on our “must repeat” list. We checked in a little early for our 2:15pm reservation and had literally no wait before our name was called and we were seated at a table for two.

diet coke:

I wasn’t too hungry but we wanted the fried cheese appetizer to split. It ended up being the perfect portion for us. Although, we did fight over the cheese curds since those were favored above the cheese logs! The marinara sauce was not spectacular but it was fine for dipping the cheesy goodness. One observation, the fried cheese was not scorching hot with molten cheese spilling out. I did not have any burns on the roof of my mouth since the cheese was only warm in temperature.

Since I was not hungry, I asked Em if she wanted to split a dish. Of course, she didn’t want to order what I wanted so….. I ordered the tri-corner sandwich which is served with fries while Em had the pot roast which she had last time. The highlights of the tri-corner sandwich….soft and fresh herb focaccia bread that was spread with a horseradish sauce and the arugula which gave it the perfect peppery bite. The meat and swiss cheese were good as well but honestly, I could have just eaten the bread with the sauce and the greens. Oh, and the fries were the best that I had all week! They bring a little dish of ketchup so you don’t have to punch out the Heinz 57 bottle to get a drip of ketchup out of it!

Tri-corner sandwich with fries:

Em’s pot roast she must have enjoyed because I think I heard a few mmm’s. I took one bite and it was delish!

Pot Roast:

I really should not have even entertained dessert but I had to get the ooey gooey toffee cake which is so heavenly! I ordered it with the ice-cream on the side (I’m not a huge ice-cream fan - yes you heard that right!) and it arrived with a candle and a birthday serenade from the wait staff.

Ooey gooey toffee cake:

Em ordered the caramel apple tart with butterscotch ice cream.

The total using our Tables in Wonderland card was $53.82 with the 18% gratuity.

Not sure if you can see this since the photo may be too small but here's the menu:

Although our server was ok, I have to make mention of the server that was serving in the same area that we were seated. She was amazing - especially with the kids. She would provide interesting trivia and Americana fun facts to her guests. Maybe she was a history major who aspired to work at MK dressed in colonial garb?? And those tights for the dudes, I always wonder why they would subject them to that humiliation?

So there you have it! I like this place - I would definitely return for lunch at LTT. I'm not a fan of the family style dinner so that's not on my list.

Bonus photos of LTT:

Next up: Citricos
Old 05-18-2011, 10:40 PM   #27
RedRed
Earning My Ears

Great reviews
RedRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:56 PM   #28
archdandy
DIS Veteran

It looks like it was a really great trip. The pot roast does look very delicious!

October 2013 Port Orleans Resort
May 2013 Animal Kingdom Kidani
October 2012 Art of Animation
January 2012 Port Orleans Resort
June 2011 Coronado Springs
September 2010 All Star Sports
archdandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 12:46 PM   #29
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

LTT looks like fun! We have not made an ADR for here so will just have to read all the reviews for now. I have seen pics of that ooey gooey toffee cake and it looks heavenly!
TanzUnited99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:10 PM   #30
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRed View Post
Great reviews
Thanks! And thanks for reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by archdandy View Post
It looks like it was a really great trip. The pot roast does look very delicious!
Thanks! My DD only orders the pot roast so it must be good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
LTT looks like fun! We have not made an ADR for here so will just have to read all the reviews for now. I have seen pics of that ooey gooey toffee cake and it looks heavenly!
The best part of the ooey gooey cake was the little pieces of toffee and the melted chocolate chips. So very good!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: