Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2011, 09:43 AM   #31
Sandy321
Crazy enough to want to do another Half Marathon!
If it were all about me? - I'd go with the Princesses!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
My gosh, Sandy, you're a posting maniac!!! If your pace in running is anything close to your posting pace, you'll be screaming around the course!

See! Your pace is picking up! and 1.63 miles is outstaiding! That's 1/3 of a 5K right there! Even more, in fact.

I started using an Excel spreadsheet to track my progess, and already, after 3 weeks of training, I've shaved off 2 whole minutes of my pace. I am encouraged about that- the weight however is NOT budging! At all. That's frustrating.

Great job on trying to re-construct your last trip. I know it's hard to only go off memory- they certainly fade dont' they?? Great job, though. I LOVE the picture of your DD and DH on Big Thunder! Nice!!
Thanks for joining me Liesa!

That's a great idea the excel spreadsheet - it may be too complicated for me! I will say that the RunKeeper program does it for me - I hit save on my iphone - then come to my laptop and log in - and its all there - it shows me the path I ran - (even when I cross the street - the zig zag - yep, I walk with dogs - must avoid other dogs!! )

2 minutes down!!
Sandy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:24 PM   #32
#1hoosierfan
DIS Veteran

I am enjoying your PTR.

I will also be doing the wine and dine half-marathon this October. It will be my first half.

I am also currently doing the c25k. I will be doing my 20 minute run next week, and I am nervous.

Literally my goal for the race is to not get "swept." I am going down with my sister and 2 of my good friends. We plan to run and then spend 3 magical days in WDW. I can't wait!
March 2012 - CBR
October 2011 (wine and dine half-marathon)
March 2011, June 2010
#1hoosierfan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-27-2011, 09:09 AM   #33
Sandy321

Michelle Thanks! Yes, I too have sweeping nightmares - now- today I'm thinking being swept may not be so bad! Get a ride on the bus the last half of the Half marathon...

no NO NO - stop thinking negative!!

This is the biggest hill to deal with (picture from '08) its right after you go under the 7 seas Lagoon - and it doesnt look bad in this picture - it can be brutal, and it is crowded, finding a spot to make it up that hill...
Old 06-24-2011, 12:18 PM   #34
Dolce27
It's kind of hard to ride with someone when your on vacation by yourself
I knew that impulsive decision would come back to haunt me!

Uh-oh! Sandy's back and posting away.

Glad to see you around.

(please, no photos of me)

I won't be at the 2012 marathon. I think I'm done. Two marathons is enough. I'm much more of a walker than a runner. I can walk for hours but running, I think 3 miles is now my limit.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:31 PM   #35
Sandy321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolce27 View Post
Uh-oh! Sandy's back and posting away.

Glad to see you around.

(please, no photos of me)

I won't be at the 2012 marathon. I think I'm done. Two marathons is enough. I'm much more of a walker than a runner. I can walk for hours but running, I think 3 miles is now my limit.
Back at you Dolce - and I respect your right to privacy - we did have a great time at the Grand Floridian Tea, it was a perfect time to celebrate! I have to say that DD changed my settings on the camera - so they are goofy pictures!!

now I looked everywhere for the picture - just decided to crop the one I have uploaded to photobucket!

I'm not sure if I'm up to doing the half again. every time I've gotten out there- I've gotten hurt. I'm done with the pain!

DH thinks I need to get new running shoes, so we may do that tomorrow...

I'm just in limbo now!

Last edited by Sandy321; 06-24-2011 at 01:41 PM.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:15 PM   #36
Dolce27
It's kind of hard to ride with someone when your on vacation by yourself
I knew that impulsive decision would come back to haunt me!

LOVED the Grand Floridian Tea. Thank you so much for inviting me to that - I had a blast! I need to do it again, not that I know when I'll go to Disney next. I have a friend who just took out DVC and wants me to join a group of them this Nov, but even though that would be the cheapest trip EVER to Disney - it's just not in my budget at the moment. I'm trying to start up a business and I've booked an Alaskan cruise for next year - I've promised my mother I'd take her on one for years now, so I'm finally doing it.

So, $$ is tight for me right now. I'm sad that you guys didn't make 2011. I had dinner with Lisa the night of the 2011 1/2 marathon. I stayed at the Boardwalk Inn and oh-my-gosh was it nice to be able to walk back to my hotel room after crossing the Finish Line. And I loved my room. It was huge as it was ADA accessible and it was a garden view room. I could see the high Illumination fireworks from my balcony at night. The BWI is my fav resort - I love that place.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:10 AM   #37
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Hi Sandy! Just wanted to wish you luck and have a great race! Hopefully not anywhere near as cold as the last one- my friends ran last year, too- I heard it was brutal. My friend Sally said she could not warm up when it was over, just awful. Hoping for sunny skies and warm temps! Go Sandy!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boardwalk villas, galloway running, half marathon, training

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: