Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2011, 04:41 AM   #1
Willa
Mouseketeer

At Windsor Hills now - vacationcentralflorida.com 402C

Just checked in to our 2 bedroom condo last night. So far, so good. The place is very nice, and the checkin process was a breeze. I would post pictures, but it looks exactly like it does on their website, so here's a link -
http://vacationcentralflorida.com/2bedroom402c.html

If anyone has a question, let me know, and I will try to answer if I can.
Willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 02:37 PM   #2
coltfan
Mouseketeer

How was your stay? I am considering one of their 2 bedroom units for next June.
coltfan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2011, 10:17 AM   #3
Jerseyguy's Wife
Mouseketeer

I have a quick question. How many people can sleep in a 2 BR? Is there a sofa bed or something, or does it really only sleep 4 people? TIA
Also, how difficult has it been to get to the parks from there? We will probably have a car because I think we'll drive down. I have never stayed off property, but my friend wants to go with DS 6, DS 4, and me. I am a DVCer, but I don't mind trying the off property thing.
They didn't try to hard sell you a timeshare, right?

May 2008 POFQ, May 2009 Cabins at FW, May 2009 DVC membership, September 2009 AKL, February 2010 BCV AKL, September 2010 BCV December 2011 AKL

Last edited by Jerseyguy's Wife; 06-04-2011 at 12:02 PM. Reason: more ??
Jerseyguy's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:02 PM   #4
tdixey0810
Earning My Ears

We just booked this same condo for a week in October. Any helpful hints or things we should know about the condo?
Thanks!
tdixey0810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:38 PM   #5
kidd_freeper
DIS Veteran

We stayed in building 8 last July. We will be staying on the second floor of building 8 in just three weeks.

I understand that a new Tiki Bar was just built near the pool area. I would love a report on the Tiki Bar.

I know of food prices and what the inside looks like from this site:
http://www.magicalvacationhomes.com/...s_tiki_bar.htm

I'm curious about:
- does it "fit in" with the pool area?
- where in the pool area is it located?
- do they offer adult beverages other than beer?
- is the food any good?
- is it indoor counter service, or is like a bar with outdoor seating/stools?
- do people bring their food/drinks to the lounge chairs around the pool, or do they consume them by the Tiki bar?

= = =
Also, what kind of pool toys are in the pool? Just inflatable rings and balls, or are people floating around on rafts?

Thanks!
kidd_freeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:11 PM   #6
bellanapoli
Mouseketeer

Check-in

We're staying here in a couple of weeks.

What was your check-in procedure? I'm trying to figure out how long it may take us since we have dinner reservations later that evening.
bellanapoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:21 PM   #7
Goofy_Disney_Dad
Mouseketeer

When we stayed we just gave our printed rental agreement to the security at the gate and we were on our way in about 5 to 10 minutes. It's really a very easy process. Picture ID and the rental agreement was all I needed.
Goofy_Disney_Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:49 PM   #8
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran

This is good to hear. We are looking at both Windsor Hills and Bonnett Creek for our next trip, but we are leaning more towards Windsor Hills because it seems like it is easier to book a place here and the rates seem better. Bonnett Creek is closer to Disney, but Windsor Hills is also close and the units at Windsor Hills seem to be more fitting for my family.
2Pirates2Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:32 PM   #9
bellanapoli
Mouseketeer

How far out did you get the code to the condo? I'm a couple of weeks out and I'm wondering if I should have received that info by now.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:07 AM   #10
Goofy_Disney_Dad
Mouseketeer

Ours was a list minute rental so we got it almost immediately. Of course we were arriving the next day so no other option would have worked. It came via email and I printed it out from home. If you're concerned about whether you have it or whether it will be sent in time I'd just email them and ask. They've always been extremely helpful whenever I've had a question or two or three....
Goofy_Disney_Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:39 PM   #11
dyna
DIS Veteran

We have stayed in these condos by Dave Robinson several times before moving down here. Very easy to work with the condos are as pictured on his website.

The main thing I found lacking was a good nonstick skillet for eggs. I can not remember which condo it was but I think a 2 bedroom had to move table an a lamp an sofa to get out to the balcony. We had to move furniture bacl before leaving or be charge extra. NO biggie really yet we did not expect the condo to be set up that way. In looking at the website at that time all the 2 bedrooms seemed to be set up that way.

I've never stayed at Bonnet Creek but been past the entrance many times the Windsor Hills condos are as close or closer to the parks as Bonnet Creek.
dyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:22 PM   #12
pjtjm
Mouseketeer

I was hoping that someone who's been at one of Dave's condos could give me an idea of what I should be bringing? I've never stayed off-site before, and I just want to know what to expect. One poster mentioned that they will be bringing their own towels. And I think I read that laundry deg needs to be HE -- anything else to remember to make this trip smoother for me?
pjtjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:13 AM   #13
bellanapoli
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the info. I have all the check-in information now. Now that I've seen it, it makes sense.