Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2011, 08:28 PM   #1471
KatMark
DIS Veteran

MEK, I am hopelessly behind yet again (although I do have a good excuse--I'm in Florida still). I did skim and love your day by day reviews and always enjoy looking at your pictures.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:29 AM   #1472
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

How did I miss so many of your recaps?? Well I loved re-reading about your trip, I think the new queue absolutely counts as a new attraction in MK! Can't wait to read your new TR!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2011, 06:36 AM   #1473
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Epcot!!! I love this park after our visit and took some pics of the gardens in Canada as well - they are so pretty.

We visited Beach Club and loved it! It sure is a great resort.

Loving the reviews of the restaurants and your thoughts on each one. I wish I had spent more time at the UK phone booths as it would have been fun. Can't wait for you to trick Denny and Nick!
Old 10-03-2011, 07:28 AM   #1474
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
MEK, I am hopelessly behind yet again (although I do have a good excuse--I'm in Florida still). I did skim and love your day by day reviews and always enjoy looking at your pictures.
No worries Kathy - Thanks for checking in. This TR is almost a wrap and I just started my newest one!!!! So glad you like the Review pictures!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
I had to catch up big time, but really enjoyed seeing all the pics from your adventures and fun! The end to your Africa Trek seems so cool, and I loved that you ended at the Dawa Bar!!! LOL!!! Seems like you guys took it all in this trip! Jalepeno Margaritas??!! Hmmm.....
I am actually embarrased to say I was the only one who didn't have a drink at the Dawa bar. I think I was in a post lunch lethargy state at the time and needed something to wake up my butt! Fortunately EE took care of that!

We really did have a ton of fun this trip.

The jalapeno margarita is delicious - do not even hesitate for a moment on that one!!!!! Excellent!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
Old 10-03-2011, 07:42 AM   #1475
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
How did I miss so many of your recaps?? Well I loved re-reading about your trip, I think the new queue absolutely counts as a new attraction in MK! Can't wait to read your new TR!

I didn't update my TR title everytime I posted recaps. I just sort of snuck in and out!

I'm glad you think the new queue counts.

I just started my new TR - link at bottom of page!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Epcot!!! I love this park after our visit and took some pics of the gardens in Canada as well - they are so pretty.

Isn't it wonderful? We spent so much time at Epcot and every time I do I just love it more and more. It's such a fabulous park!

Quote:
We visited Beach Club and loved it! It sure is a great resort.

It really is. I look forward to staying there again. My final post made me realize I want to go back there sooner than later. Hmmmmm....it makes me want to add a few nights there in June!

Quote:
Loving the reviews of the restaurants and your thoughts on each one. I wish I had spent more time at the UK phone booths as it would have been fun. Can't wait for you to trick Denny and Nick!
I really should go back and read what I wrote because I was so darn tired at the time. I hope I didn't say anything too crazy!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
Old 10-03-2011, 07:45 AM   #1476
MEK
DIS Veteran

New Trip Report Started

So, I finally did - with less than 3 weeks until HHI I started my new TR and here is the link...

Why Not Just Queue up Another Disney Trip?

Hope you stop by!

Old 10-03-2011, 10:36 AM   #1478
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Great trip report ladies! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for joining in Amy! It was a pleasure to have you. I can't believe this is finally coming to a close.

Old 10-03-2011, 06:32 PM   #1479
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Thanks for writing this, ME! It has been a blast reliving the trip and you did a great job keeping it moving as well as capturing all of the fun we had.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:39 PM   #1480
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
I want to give it another shot though...and Kim Possible is my ringtone on my phone. What a dork. You should see the looks I get when it goes off
This made me laugh out loud! I LOVE it!

Wonderful report ladies!!!!! What a fantastic trip you all had! And the return for 2012 is already in the works I see!!

MEK, I'll be catching up on your new PTR tonight!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 10-04-2011, 07:12 AM   #1481
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Thanks for writing this, ME! It has been a blast reliving the trip and you did a great job keeping it moving as well as capturing all of the fun we had.

Thanks C! I had fun writing it and did do a good job at keeping it going, if I do say so myself. Cynthia also did an awesome job with her updates. I want to go back tonight and pick out my 4 favorite pictures (one from Melissa, one from you, one from Cynthia, and one from me). I know exact which one I am reposting of Melissa's. Its so super cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
This made me laugh out loud! I LOVE it!
I think having the KP ring tone is an awesome idea. Why didn't I think of that?

Quote:
Wonderful report ladies!!!!! What a fantastic trip you all had! And the return for 2012 is already in the works I see!!
It sure is - at least for me!!!! I'm 99% sure Cynthia is on board as my roomie. I hope we can do some real planning when everyone gets back from their October trips.

Quote:
MEK, I'll be catching up on your new PTR tonight!
I see that you already did! Thanks! I'll do you TA research on Hilton Head!

Old 10-04-2011, 01:04 PM   #1483
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
You got it! I'm in

Old 10-05-2011, 06:01 AM   #1484
MEK
DIS Veteran

Favorite Pictures of the Trip

Each of the Ladies contributed wonderful pictures to this TR and there were many that were very memorable. You know the kind - the kind where when you look at them you wish YOU had taken. So Now I Present my Favorite Pictures.......

Naturally, one of my favorite pictures has to include a picture of the castle. I mean, come on - how can you NOT love a picture of the castle. I do recall that Christine got a ton of positive comments when she posted this picture:

It just looks like the perfect Disney day. What a wonderful screen saver this would be. On a bad day can't you just picture yourself sitting at one of those tables?

Cynthia took so many wonderful pictures with he new camera. It was hard to pick a favorite scenery picture, since they were all great. But, I have a thing about food and catching someone in the act of making great food just speaks to me. I love this picture. It's got great composition and leaves you really wanting that cookie.

Courtesy of Cynthia

Keeping with the food theme, I think I found one of Tracy's pictures that didn't get a lot of attention, but when I reviewed pictures I immediately wanted to drink one of these. Yes - even at 7am!!!!!

Tracy was responsible for all the iconic drink pictures in our TR- the can in a can in a can picture and the lovely champagne in France, but I picked this one not only because I liked it, but because I am absolutely trying one of these in December!!!!!!!

The next picture is mine. When I originally posted this picture I said I loved it and at the end of this TR I still do. I remember thinking - how the HECK did I get that picture? That's when Denny made the blind squirrel comment.

Ta Da.....

But....My favorite picture of the entire trip ......drum roll please.....was taken by Melissa

Seriously - this picture could be in a National Geographic magazine. It is perfect!

Thank you everyone for posting your wonderful pictures!!!!!

Up Next......PP Pics and Final Thoughts!

Old 10-05-2011, 07:57 AM   #1485
MEK
DIS Veteran

Photopass Memories!

I loved our Pooh Photoshoot

Hey You Guys - I think you're squeezing me out!

Some of Us Managed to Find Some Other Characters along the Way

There were a few familiar sights along the way

Continued.........

Last edited by MEK; 10-05-2011 at 08:10 AM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: