Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2011, 06:28 PM   #1441
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Nice - you did torture Jeff quite a bit with rita pictures, if I'm not mistaken. I forgot it was Cinco de Mayo.
I was actually surprised they weren't making a big deal out of it in the restaurant, seemed crazy to me. I ended up sitting in between some very nice other solo travelers, one who was delayed and having some very nice chats. A very pleasurable wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I actually had a memory recall. I think after we had the PP pictures you went over to England and I went to France to watch the movie before I left. I had just enough time. I love that movie. The scenery is gorgeous and, unlike the Canadian movie, there are comfy seats. Watching the France movie before I leave seems to be a tradition for me.

Yuo - can't wait to do it again!
I love the france movie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Mary Ellen, love the recap pictures. I just looked at them with Max and he wanted to know when we could go there.

Cynthia, not bad for a last day..and one last margarita to finish it up! Nice.
It was a great last day!!!
Old 09-28-2011, 07:38 PM   #1442
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Thank you for the very kind words, Mary Ellen. It was definitely a great trip full of friends, fun, laughter and a few adult beverages. It was the best time I've had in a long time!

Via Napoli was the perfect way to top off the visit. I think the pizza is delicious and the waiters... well let's just say they are charming, they know it and they work it!

A few photos for whatever they are worth

I think it's going to be my birthday next time... no matter the date!

Tracy and I weren't leaving until the next day. And while not entirely sure what we did next, at some point we took this picture that I think is both our FB profile pics. Believe we also tried to save the world but that didn't turn out so well. Now that I think of it that might have been before lunch...

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2011, 08:20 PM   #1443
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Mary Ellen, love the recap pictures. I just looked at them with Max and he wanted to know when we could go there.
Thanks Tina! Is your Feb trip going to be a surprise for Max? That's so cute that he's ready to go back. My GF is there right now with her 3 kids and she just posted the cutest pictures of them - all smiles with goofy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Thank you for the very kind words, Mary Ellen. It was definitely a great trip full of friends, fun, laughter and a few adult beverages. It was the best time I've had in a long time!

[/IMG]
Seriously - a great trip! I hope you have an awesome trip this F&W. I bet there are so many DIS meets planned you can hardly keep track of them.

Quote:
Via Napoli was the perfect way to top off the visit. I think the pizza is delicious and the waiters... well let's just say they are charming, they know it and they work it!

[/IMG]
Boy, do they ever! I said early that their extra curricular time is probably very, very busy!

Quote:

I think it's going to be my birthday next time... no matter the date!
why not? Seriously - if you are never going to travel there during your birthday (which I think is July, but don't ask me how I know that), then you deserve one birthday celebration at VN! It's only right!

Quote:
Tracy and I weren't leaving until the next day. And while not entirely sure what we did next, at some point we took this picture that I think is both our FB profile pics. Believe we also tried to save the world but that didn't turn out so well. Now that I think of it that might have been before lunch...

I think it was before lunch because I remember seeing it.

All your pictures are lovely, but this really is my favorite because it totally sums up the trip!!!!! It sums up Epcot and Disney in general. Definitely in contention for my favorite picture of the trip!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 09-28-2011, 08:29 PM   #1444
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Wow! My birthday is in July... you are good!

Thanks for the compliment on the picture. Tracy and I took quite a bit of pride in staging that. Am sure people thought we were nuts.

The pink drink was Tracy's and is the new sparkling vodka... quite tasty. I stuck with my trusty sidekick, champagne.

Old 09-28-2011, 08:42 PM   #1445
MEK
DIS Veteran

Trip Recap

Day 4 Tuesday May 2, 2011

Since I was not feeling well the morning of Day 3 I decided to stay close to the BC so I could go to the room when it became available.

As result I played it solo the morning of Day 4. It was time for me to catch the bus to......

I couldn't have been happier to see this

I also spent some time taking pictures of the gorgeous mosaics in the castle:

What is my Maxi-cat during in this mosaic???? haha!

One more (sorry - I just love these)

I ventured into the new MK queue

I scored this picture inside the stretching room

I even had a little luck with the hitch hiking ghosts

I didn't ride her, but she makes a nice picture all the same

But I did venture here (for the first time since my first trip in 2002)

Hidden Mickey Foliage

Hidden Mickey checkers

I rode BTMMR and this

then I found had a goofed around so much it was already time to head back to Epcot for lunch

I did manage to catch some of the parade on my way out

Obligatory Balloon Picture

and how could I resist a little window shopping on the way out

To Epcot Please

I never did smell Lotso's strawberry scent

Spaceship Earth how I do enjoy thee (but not on a day filled with middle school age boys)

Hello Daisy

and company

What's Epcot without a quick stop in Club Cool

continued.......

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 09-28-2011, 08:57 PM   #1446
MEK
DIS Veteran

Time for lunch at Chefs de France.

The only way to start a meal

Cheers

The guest of honor

c

Melissa being chastised for her "big lens".

YUM

One last picture before passing out by the pool

Then the most amazing birthday cake EVVVVVV-EEEEEERRRRRR!

SAB

Dinner at Tutto

More Yumminess

Illuminations

Back for Cake followed by Bed

Old 09-28-2011, 09:27 PM   #1447
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:

Thanks for the compliment on the picture. Tracy and I took quite a bit of pride in staging that. Am sure people thought we were nuts.

The pink drink was Tracy's and is the new sparkling vodka... quite tasty. I stuck with my trusty sidekick, champagne.
I love that picture! I remember being very impressed by the staging.

I think it should definitely be your birthday next trip! Or un-birthday. It's all good! And it should involve cake and champagne.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:22 AM   #1448
manntra
DIS Veteran

ME....Thank you sooooo much for the kind words. It was so nice to see you again and spend the week with you....with all of you It was such a relaxing and laid back trip.

Oh I forgot about saving the world....yeah that didn't work out so good. Of course it had to be in France so that we could walk with champagne I want to give it another shot though...and Kim Possible is my ringtone on my phone. What a dork. You should see the looks I get when it goes off

Loving the recap ME and thanks for all you did with the TR....always love seeing your beautiful pictures

Tracy
Old 09-29-2011, 11:31 AM   #1449
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
ME....Thank you sooooo much for the kind words. It was so nice to see you again and spend the week with you....with all of you It was such a relaxing and laid back trip.

Oh I forgot about saving the world....yeah that didn't work out so good. Of course it had to be in France so that we could walk with champagne I want to give it another shot though...and Kim Possible is my ringtone on my phone. What a dork. You should see the looks I get when it goes off

Loving the recap ME and thanks for all you did with the TR....always love seeing your beautiful pictures

Tracy
ugh, that France mission is the one Mary Ellen and I did. Maybe we'd have done better if we did it while drinking champagne!

No less dorky than the horns from the Disney Wonder as my ringtone (well at least for Evan and our home number lol).
Old 09-29-2011, 11:37 AM   #1450
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
ugh, that France mission is the one Mary Ellen and I did. Maybe we'd have done better if we did it while drinking champagne!

No less dorky than the horns from the Disney Wonder as my ringtone (well at least for Evan and our home number lol).
Personally, I think any KP mission would be better while drinking champagne (or anything!).

Love that picture with the glasses!

My ringtones are all Disney! We've got Yo Ho Ho, the Wonder horn, Fantasmic...I'd like to find a cute Mickey Mouse one for my kids (once they get their own phones) or from the home #.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:53 AM   #1451
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm still not exactly sure how I knew that. Maybe you mentioned it another TR recently and it stuck. shocking, I know!

Quote:

That was a perfectly staged picture. And it reminds me that I want to try that sparkling vodka. It looks so pretty, I must try it!

Quote:

It was a wonderful trip and I am so looking forward to next year's trip. Of course, I am actually looking forward to visiting the world with my family in December and June. By next year I will seriously need another girls' trip. BIG TIME!!!!!!

Quote:

Please do the KP in Germany. When those beer steins start singing you will laugh you @$$ off. Make sure you have at least two drinks first.

I didn't know KP was a "real" ringtone. Cool!

Quote:

Tracy
thanks Tracy. It was a fun TR to write. Except for one rough spot, I really stayed committed to it and can't wait to start my next TR which will be a combo type trip report because I really need to write about HH and Williamsburg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Personally, I think any KP mission would be better while drinking champagne (or anything!).
Oh - MUCH better - I am living proof of that. KP missions in the hot sun with post lunch lethargy do not always have the best WOW factor.

Quote:
Love that picture with the glasses!
Me too - great shot!

Quote:
My ringtones are all Disney! We've got Yo Ho Ho, the Wonder horn, Fantasmic...I'd like to find a cute Mickey Mouse one for my kids (once they get their own phones) or from the home #.
I have no idea what the Wonder horn sounds like. Perhaps I need to check that out.

Old 09-29-2011, 12:15 PM   #1452
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

the wonder horn is "when you wish upon a star"

The Dream (and I presume the Fantasy) have mulitple horns that they can play. Very cool.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:53 PM   #1453
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

I have just been catching up on the ending of your TR and loved the way you finished it. What great pictures of Epcot and MK! I'm missing all the parks so your pictures are making it a bit easy for me.

Oh no on being on Soarin with all those boys - am glad you told them to pipe down.

Love the VN pics (made me laugh!) and the souveniers
Old 09-29-2011, 07:52 PM   #1454
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

A drink would have been a good thing to have while I was saving the world with Kim! It was sooo hot when my DH & I did them! Yeah I got Mr. Resister to do two missions with me!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Old 09-29-2011, 07:54 PM   #1455
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

That pic of Spaceship Earth in your most recent post is absolutely post card worthy. Just gorgeous.

As for Mr. Max, I wanted to surprise and at least wait until Christmas but someone (ME!) is horrible about keeping secrets and NOT talking about Disney.
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: