Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2011, 03:06 PM   #1396
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I hate that bus ride back to the airport. I, unlike you, don't have another trip in the works yet. Probably won't go until 2013, unless something comes along.
When I go with Denny I am usually so stressed about getting the car back on time and not forgetting anything (since we are always so last minute ) that I am actually relieved when we get checked in. But on ME all you have to think about is going home.

F&W 2012......Just sayin'!!!!! I think there will be many DISers there!

Quote:

I just love your TR's, I'm looking forward to the Williamsburg one.
Thank you! I am seriously going to start the next TR soon. I've got most of my photos edited and it won't take long to do the rest.

Oh - and I've already written the first update, so I guess I should get going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Well I guess I got caught up just in time for the end! I know how sad you must have been feeling at the end of this trip... when our January "spectrum moms" trip came to an end, I was ready to get back to my family but so sad to be saying good-bye to my wonderful Disney companions & new friends for life.

It's strange - you know its time to leave and you want to get back home to your family, but its just sad when all the planning and scheming and anticipation comes to a end. Are the spectrum moms planning a reunion anytime soon? Like F&W 2012 - just sayin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post

Anxiously awaiting your next PTR.
Starting soon! Promise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Italian waiter pics??? Be still my beating heart!!!
Seriously...are they not the cutest???? It was almost too much for an old lady like me!

Argghhhhh! I can' get my other window to reopen. Be Back in a sec with more replies.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 09-25-2011, 03:36 PM   #1397
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
What beautiful scenery you had during lunch! Jennifer and I have an ADR at Via Napoli on our first night - I can't wait!!
Seriously - the best!!!!! And there will probably be a whole new set of hotties when you guys get there. You will love it! And its seriously going to be tops on my list for F&W 2012!!!!!! You're gonna be there....right???

Quote:
I hate that feeling you get when the trip is over and you are climbing on board the UNmagical express back to the airport And I really hate it when you get to the airport and find that your flight has been delayed and you could have had 2 more hours in the World!
Seriously - so annoying because I totally checked my flight on my flight tracker and it was on time. That is until I got to the gate. Even though my flight was not until 5:30 ish, I still needed to be at ME by 3:15. That is one thing I really like about driving!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
Quote:

Hmmm....sounds like this could be the beginnings of a plan! We've added Alligator Grille to our list of restaurants to try. Restaurant.com has $25/$50 coupon online for $2/$4. If anyone is interested, use code word FALL for the discount. BTW, these coupons do not expire.

Look forward to hearing from you to see if we can meet at HHI! Do I see a "rita search" in the future?
We should definitely meet up for a drink one afternoon! Either at the resort or in town somewhere. That would be fun. I would suggest dinner but I don't know how your wife would feel about 3 total strangers showing up. My girlfriends know I meet friends on the DIS boards so they are not bothered by it. At least I don't think they are! I just really enjoy meeting new people and I've never met a DISer I didn't like.

I have been meaning to check out Restaurant.com. That's great that you already know where you want to eat. Did you check out restaurant reviews anywhere? Sometimes I check out the reviews on trip advisor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
Quote:

Will do...thanks for the heads up. We've only been inside VWL one time when we ate at Whispering Canyon during a Backstage Magic Tour and that was enough for us to purchase a small DVC contract we liked. We did almost the same thing at OKW. We visited OKW 2 years before we made our initial DVC purchase there. The worse is our small contract at BWV. We've never stayed or visited there before we bought in there! With all the great reviews here on the DISboards, we couldn't pass it up when it came available. These are all small contracts so we need to add some more!
I purchased VWL because I found the perfect 100 point contract there in my use year. I pretty much knew I wanted to add on exactly 100 points and I couldn't find it at SSR or AKL (my first choices). I saw this contract as soon as it was released and the price was right so I jumped on it. Definitely an impulse buy. We will be staying there as actual owners in June. Although I have been thinking of trying to change that ressie to BWV because it will be the only DVC resort that I haven't stayed at (on the East Coast that is!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
oh that last bus ride part...so sad!!!

I couldn't believe how delayed you were, BLEH.

!
I know - I'm glad I didn't go back on your bus. I would have been in that stinkin' airport even longer.

I always expect flight delays out of MCO when I am going to Philly. Philly is the worst airport for backups. So, yeah, it was extreme, but it really did help to bring our ticket price down for December.

Quote:
Sigh...Via Napoli. I wish I could go there for lunch today!!!

Well, I would normally agree with you, but today was a stellar day for lunch at the Chesapeake Inn so I'm pretty happy I managed to sway Denny into agreeing to go out with me this afternoon. I knew if we started taking pictures in the town we would eventually end up at a bar. and have lunch. I love the Chesapeake Bay and its tributaries this time of year, so I wanted to soak it in for the last time until next summer. I would have stayed longer, but he wanted to watch the end of the Eagles game.

Quote:
Bummer about the chip clips, they did look awfully small. I confess that my corn holders, while stinkin cute, aren't the most comfortable ones I've ever used and seem prone to falling out of the cob.
Oh NO - falling out of the cob is totally unacceptable!

Quote:

I love that towel. If I didn't have a bazillion of them already I'd have added one to my loot but oh well. I can dream of someday having an owners locker to put one in, right? I do wish I'd gotten the wine charms through, maybe next trip.
The towel is pretty cozy! I do really love it!

And you - the wine guru - really MUST get those wine charms!

Quote:
I'll try to get an update up soon, maybe today!
Woo Hoo!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2011, 04:27 PM   #1398
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Sure, I come back just in time for it to end!!!
Old 09-25-2011, 04:32 PM   #1399
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
Sure, I come back just in time for it to end!!!
OMG WHERE is the fainting smilie????? I thought you would never comeback!!!!!

Old 09-25-2011, 05:57 PM   #1400
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
It was weird how it hit all of a sudden. I think because I just went from one event to the next and it was a constant procession of fun and then ....oops....game over! Huh?
That is when DD ( disney depression) hits the hardest.

Quote:
Awesome! Love the Disney high!

I have seriously had SO many flight delays into Philly or Baltimore in the evening. I pretty much know my evening flight is always going to be delayed at least an hour or so. So for a little extra delay I got $100! Score!
Rut Roh My return flight from New Orleans ( After Disney ) is through Baltimore. Yes not quite direct but for $80 from SW I am am not arguing. Might make a late night later.

Quote:
I don't know how long your next trip is (although I see you are leaving in just a few days - Nice! ), but I find that I do less shopping on short trips. It's just not a priority for me!
I have missed out when I wait too long so I am afraid I will but it when I see it right away. I have a list from what I didn't buy last time.... a year ago.

Quote:
I hate that feeling you get when the trip is over and you are climbing on board the UNmagical express back to the airport And I really hate it when you get to the airport and find that your flight has been delayed and you could have had 2 more hours in the World!
Exactly!!! I usually take the time to go through my pictures and relive the magic.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK May '15 EEC- July'15 Big Birthday blowout ............ Can't wait to go back
Old 09-25-2011, 06:28 PM   #1401
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Old 09-25-2011, 07:19 PM   #1402
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Here ya go Mary Ellen

Old 09-25-2011, 08:40 PM   #1403
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post

Rut Roh My return flight from New Orleans ( After Disney ) is through Baltimore. Yes not quite direct but for $80 from SW I am am not arguing. Might make a late night later.

:
Actually BWI runs pretty much on time, but Philly is always a problem. The only time I had problems with BWI was when they completely canceled a flight and put me on the later one. They had two non stops within an hour or so of each other, so it didn't surprise me.

You will be fine!!!!

Quote:

I have missed out when I wait too long so I am afraid I will but it when I see it right away. I have a list from what I didn't buy last time.... a year ago.

:
Well, I hope that if you DON'T find what you were looking for last year, you find something way better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
It's not too late for your final thoughts!!!! Just sayin'

Congrats on the TA job!!!!!!

Quote:
Here ya go Mary Ellen

Now - THAT is a fainting smilie! Exactly how I felt! Thank you Michelle!

Old 09-25-2011, 09:19 PM   #1404
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Quote:
Actually BWI runs pretty much on time, but Philly is always a problem. The only time I had problems with BWI was when they completely canceled a flight and put me on the later one. They had two non stops within an hour or so of each other, so it didn't surprise me.

You will be fine!!!!
Good I have a later flight so I hope it goes OK. First time connecting through BWI. Would have preferred Memphis or something on the way home but it will be fine.

Quote:
Well, I hope that if you DON'T find what you were looking for last year, you find something way better.
With everyone's TR and shoppings pics I have quite a list.
When I see it I will get it- no more waiting- once burned twice shy.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK May '15 EEC- July'15 Big Birthday blowout ............ Can't wait to go back
Old 09-25-2011, 10:04 PM   #1405
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Hmmmm, food for much thought!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Old 09-26-2011, 11:17 AM   #1406
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hmmmm, food for much thought!
Yes - lots of food for thought!!!!!!!

Old 09-26-2011, 11:57 AM   #1407
manntra
DIS Veteran

Oh my you sure did get a lot of pictures of David!!!! I was really smitten with him.....Simone was cute too but boy do they know it!! They must totally rake in the money with tips there

I had the proscuitto with melon pizza so I think maybe the other one was Cynthia's? I have had that one the last two times I have gone and just love the combination....goes very well with the sangria too Loved that they came out and sang to you. They did that for me the previous year and I was l likely 10 shades of red

Seeing that it is approaching lunch here I could really go for one of those....pizzas

So sad to see your day come to an end....it was hard being one of the last to leave with everyone leaving before me. And as usual I don't remember a thing about the rest of the day. See this is why I could never write a TR.....heck I can't even keep up on them anymore!! Pretty sure it again involved the pool. Or shopping and then C and I had a reservation at Le Cellier that night......the next day we went to SAB for a little while and then it started to sprinkle so we were forced to go inside B&C for some burgers Before our ME came later that day (we both had late flights) we went on a tour of WS and tasted several wines and various other cocktails . I must say that this really took the sting out of getting on the ME bus

Tracy
Old 09-26-2011, 12:08 PM   #1408
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good I have a later flight so I hope it goes OK. First time connecting through BWI. Would have preferred Memphis or something on the way home but it will be fine.

BWI is actually a really nice airport and its a big SWA hub. The terminal is newly remodeled. I think you will like it. It's nice a bright and airy. And things leave on time.

Quote:
With everyone's TR and shoppings pics I have quite a list.
When I see it I will get it- no more waiting- once burned twice shy.

I see Tracy posted. Excuse me while I go get the fainting smilie. Be Back soon!

Old 09-26-2011, 12:15 PM   #1409
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

I know I haven't been keeping up really well lately but I am sad to see your trip coming to an end. I have really enjoyed reading about all your adventures together.

Love, love all your pictures, especially those of F&G.

This has been a great report!

Can't wait to read about your next adventure Mary Ellen.

Old 09-26-2011, 01:59 PM   #1410
MEK
DIS Veteran

Ok - Got that out of my system!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Oh my you sure did get a lot of pictures of David!!!! I was really smitten with him.....Simone was cute too but boy do they know it!! They must totally rake in the money with tips there

Oh - they totally knew it! In fact, I think we ended up giving them something like a 30% tip! They were good, but comeon!

Quote:

I had the proscuitto with melon pizza so I think maybe the other one was Cynthia's? I have had that one the last two times I have gone and just love the combination....goes very well with the sangria too Loved that they came out and sang to you. They did that for me the previous year and I was l likely 10 shades of red

Did you and Cynthia buy the same shirt???? You did - didn't you???? Because when I saw that shirt I thought it was Cynthia!

The singing was great, but standing next to Simone was even better despite the fact that I am old enough to be his mother.

Quote:
Seeing that it is approaching lunch here I could really go for one of those....pizzas

Tell me about it!!!!

Quote:

So sad to see your day come to an end....it was hard being one of the last to leave with everyone leaving before me. And as usual I don't remember a thing about the rest of the day. See this is why I could never write a TR.....heck I can't even keep up on them anymore!! Pretty sure it again involved the pool. Or shopping and then C and I had a reservation at Le Cellier that night......the next day we went to SAB for a little while and then it started to sprinkle so we were forced to go inside B&C for some burgers Before our ME came later that day (we both had late flights) we went on a tour of WS and tasted several wines and various other cocktails . I must say that this really took the sting out of getting on the ME bus

Tracy
I do remember you guys posting on FB that you were at LeCellier while I was still waiting in the airport for my 5:45pm flight (which left at like 9:45pm) How depressing. I should have just turned around and come back!

Yes - drinking around the world showcase will definitely take the sting out of a departure home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
I know I haven't been keeping up really well lately but I am sad to see your trip coming to an end. I have really enjoyed reading about all your adventures together.

Aww...thanks! No worries about keeping up on every update. It's really a lot. I'm just glad to have you along for the ride.

Quote:
Love, love all your pictures, especially those of F&G.

This has been a great report!
Thank you! I really enjoy taking pictures of the world, especially Epcot and this whole trip was such a fun time.

Quote:
Can't wait to read about your next adventure Mary Ellen.
Starting soon!!!!!

Last edited by MEK; 09-26-2011 at 02:04 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: