Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2011, 08:05 AM   #1381
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

I'm sad to see your TR is over, but I'm excited to read the next one!!! Your VN lunch looks great (food, and...um...ambiance ), I can't wait to go there!
Old 09-24-2011, 08:16 AM   #1382
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
I'm sad to see your TR is over, but I'm excited to read the next one!!! Your VN lunch looks great (food, and...um...ambiance ), I can't wait to go there!
I have a few more updates up my sleeve, but I am actually looking forward to doing my next TR!

VN is the perfect girls lunch. You'll just have to be careful to check out those waiters when Wingnut is not looking!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2011, 08:18 AM   #1383
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Agreed, although I wish I was going with you to experience F&W! You must be so excited that your trip is right around the corner. Woo Hoo!
I'm excited, but although I'm not complaining about it on my PTR (trying to stay positive!), I have bronchitis. And I'm just sitting here, waiting for it to go away. I told the doctor last week that I was going away in 9 days and he put me on antibiotics for 10 days and told me I will be fine by my trip but...I'm not so sure. So I'm a little freaked out right now. I just want to be 100% better by the time I go, and right now I feel maybe 60% better.

Anyway, great update! I love everything you bought! I saw those Mickey chip clips in another TR and I was thinking of getting them, but if they are only good for small bags, it's kind of pointless!

I love the wine charms, I wish I drank more wine!

Wow, Via Napoli looks good! The waiters are definitely cute, but I'm not going there to look at them, I'm going to eat!! I almost want to change that ADR to the beginning of my trip, just because I don't feel like waiting til the end of it to finally go there!

Ugh I hate that feeling of knowing your trip is over. It is a little easier to go home knowing that you have another trip planned, though!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 09-24-2011, 08:56 AM   #1384
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Great way to end a trip. A lunch with hotties and girlfriends.

Sorry that reality "slapped" you when you re-entered the real world.

I had a trip where I had a delay and I was on a such a Disney high I didn't even look at until I was going through security after a guy on the escalator mentioned his flight was delayed.

I have a shopping list this time but we shall see how much comes home with me.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Old 09-24-2011, 09:38 AM   #1385
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I'm excited, but although I'm not complaining about it on my PTR (trying to stay positive!), I have bronchitis. And I'm just sitting here, waiting for it to go away. I told the doctor last week that I was going away in 9 days and he put me on antibiotics for 10 days and told me I will be fine by my trip but...I'm not so sure. So I'm a little freaked out right now. I just want to be 100% better by the time I go, and right now I feel maybe 60% better.
OMG Jen - I know EXACTLY how you feel because I was still sick when I left for my trip. And it is totally scary because you know you are going to get better, but you start to think about all the "what ifs". If you need to slow down a bit and rest more than usual just do what you need to do. You are going to your favorite place with your favorite travel partner so just let go of the pressure. Keep a low profile at home. Don't stress yourself and if you don't feel 100% prepared, just let it go.

Quote:
I

Anyway, great update! I love everything you bought! I saw those Mickey chip clips in another TR and I was thinking of getting them, but if they are only good for small bags, it's kind of pointless!
Yeah - they are cute, but not entirely functional. They need to retool them and I bet they would sell like crazy.

Quote:
I love the wine charms, I wish I drank more wine!
Well, now, remember that you can put them on any glass with a stem - that means you can use them for tinis or ritas or whatever you want to put in a glass. If I need a Disney fix bad I just put whatever I'm drinking (alcoholic or non alcoholic) in my Disney wine glasses! Cheers me up!

Quote:

Wow, Via Napoli looks good! The waiters are definitely cute, but I'm not going there to look at them, I'm going to eat!! I almost want to change that ADR to the beginning of my trip, just because I don't feel like waiting til the end of it to finally go there!
Just make sure Brandon is not looking when you check them out! Oh No - not more ADR tweaking!!!!!

Quote:
Ugh I hate that feeling of knowing your trip is over. It is a little easier to go home knowing that you have another trip planned, though!
Thank God for DVC! You know you will ALWAYS have another trip planned! I actually have trips planned right up through October 2010! Woo Hoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Great way to end a trip. A lunch with hotties and girlfriends.

It was a perfect way to end a trip! Can't think of a better way!

Quote:

Sorry that reality "slapped" you when you re-entered the real world.
It was weird how it hit all of a sudden. I think because I just went from one event to the next and it was a constant procession of fun and then ....oops....game over! Huh?

Quote:
I had a trip where I had a delay and I was on a such a Disney high I didn't even look at until I was going through security after a guy on the escalator mentioned his flight was delayed.
Awesome! Love the Disney high!

I have seriously had SO many flight delays into Philly or Baltimore in the evening. I pretty much know my evening flight is always going to be delayed at least an hour or so. So for a little extra delay I got $100! Score!

Quote:

I have a shopping list this time but we shall see how much comes home with me.
I don't know how long your next trip is (although I see you are leaving in just a few days - Nice! ), but I find that I do less shopping on short trips. It's just not a priority for me!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 09-24-2011, 03:02 PM   #1386
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

I know that feeling of when you suddenly realize that the trip is over and it is time to head home. It's sad but then you think of events during your trip and you get a little smile. Then you get to write a TR and relive the trip all over again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Shortly I will be starting a new TR for my Hilton Head and December trip, so stay tuned for that.
I forgot you were going to HHI. DW and I will be there Oct 25-29 for the first time. This is a whole new experience for me. No ADR's. No schedule. No plans except to eat at Robert Irvine's restaurant. I'm beside myself!

Your TR has been a pleasure to read. I have really enjoyed it and look forward to your summary and list of firsts.

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
Old 09-24-2011, 03:16 PM   #1387
norybell
DIS Veteran

I'm so sad this TR is over...it was so much fun, start to finish!
DISNEY TRIPS: 1977 - Vacation Villas 1978-1992 - many trips, all Vacation Villas or Treehouse Villas 1996 - Saratoga Springs August 2001 - YC May 2004 - YC April 2009 - YC October 2009 - CR/YC May 2010 - POR/GF/BWI October 2010 - POR/CSR/Poly January 2011 - CBR/WL April 2011 - Pop/GF/BC May 2011 - Disneyland GCH September 2011 - Poly October 2011 - AKL January 2012 - CR February/March 2012 - POFQ/Poly August 2012 - GF/BWI May 2013 - GF/BWV Sept 2013 - BCV Sept 2014 - ???

TRIP REPORTS:Nory Report III: In the Third Person! Nory and Simba CRAWL through the World: A Sept/Oct 2013 PTR Fleeing Wedding Showers for Epcot Flowers It's a SO-LO trip report!

Old 09-24-2011, 03:52 PM   #1388
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Boo for having to go home!

But thank you for the VN pictures. (no, not the food ones).

I love those Mickey wineglass charms! I bought the bottle stoppers for gifts on one previous trip. Maybe I should be getting some for myself!

Looking forward to the next updates from the rest of the gang and your new TR!
Old 09-24-2011, 07:07 PM   #1389
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
I know that feeling of when you suddenly realize that the trip is over and it is time to head home. It's sad but then you think of events during your trip and you get a little smile. Then you get to write a TR and relive the trip all over again!

I think that's why I love writing trip reports. It's a wonderful way to relive the magic. I know that some people prefer PTRs, but I am all about the post TR. I love getting started on it because I love to share it with people that seem genuinely interested.

Quote:

I forgot you were going to HHI. DW and I will be there Oct 25-29 for the first time. This is a whole new experience for me. No ADR's. No schedule. No plans except to eat at Robert Irvine's restaurant. I'm beside myself!
Really? REALLY? We will be there October October 23 to the 28th. Well, you know what this means, don't you? Hilton Head Dis Meet. I will be there with two of my girlfriends. They picked HH over Disney. We've been trying to plan this trip for awhile. So, we'll have to exchange info as the trip gets closer and hopefully get to meet up to say "hi" at the resort. There's so much I want to do. Apparently there is a naturalist there who guides free nature tours. So excited. I hope the weather is good!!!!!

Quote:
Your TR has been a pleasure to read. I have really enjoyed it and look forward to your summary and list of firsts.
Thanks Bill. So glad you have been enjoying our TR. It was a lot of fun writing it.

BTW - I noticed you asked Jen Sop what she thought of VWL. I actually stayed there in May 2010 and posted a ton of pics in that TR if you are interested. It's really different from all the other resorts. The whole national park lodge thing felt a little bit forced to me, but that's because I have skied out west and I live practically in the northeast so I've been to a lot of mountain areas. Be that as it may, it is still a wonderful resort. I love the layout, the pools, the lodge, the proximity to MK, the paths. Make sure you take the lodge tour with Ranger Joe. Its fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by norybell View Post
I'm so sad this TR is over...it was so much fun, start to finish!
Aww - thanks! I am so happy you enjoyed are TR. It was really fun meeting so many new DISers through this report. And did I see you posted an update today????? I need to check it out.

Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Boo for having to go home!

But thank you for the VN pictures. (no, not the food ones).
Going home stinks, doesn't it?????

I hear ya sister on the VN hotties. I heard they were, but now I have experienced the proof!

Quote:

I love those Mickey wineglass charms! I bought the bottle stoppers for gifts on one previous trip. Maybe I should be getting some for myself!
I love the bottle stoppers, too. Yes - you definitely need to get one (or two) for yourself!!!! I have a plain silver bottle stopper, but I would like one of the swirly colored ones.

Quote:

Looking forward to the next updates from the rest of the gang and your new TR!
Thanks!!!! I'll let you know when I start the next one. I'd like to get it going pretty soon.

Old 09-24-2011, 08:26 PM   #1390
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

I hate that bus ride back to the airport. I, unlike you, don't have another trip in the works yet. Probably won't go until 2013, unless something comes along.

I just love your TR's, I'm looking forward to the Williamsburg one.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Old 09-24-2011, 09:38 PM   #1391
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Well I guess I got caught up just in time for the end! I know how sad you must have been feeling at the end of this trip... when our January "spectrum moms" trip came to an end, I was ready to get back to my family but so sad to be saying good-bye to my wonderful Disney companions & new friends for life.

Anxiously awaiting your next PTR.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:06 AM   #1392
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Italian waiter pics??? Be still my beating heart!!!
Old 09-25-2011, 09:52 AM   #1393
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

What beautiful scenery you had during lunch! Jennifer and I have an ADR at Via Napoli on our first night - I can't wait!!

I hate that feeling you get when the trip is over and you are climbing on board the UNmagical express back to the airport And I really hate it when you get to the airport and find that your flight has been delayed and you could have had 2 more hours in the World!
Old 09-25-2011, 11:51 AM   #1394
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets

Quote:
Really? REALLY? We will be there October October 23 to the 28th. Well, you know what this means, don't you? Hilton Head Dis Meet. I will be there with two of my girlfriends. They picked HH over Disney. We've been trying to plan this trip for awhile. So, we'll have to exchange info as the trip gets closer and hopefully get to meet up to say "hi" at the resort. There's so much I want to do. Apparently there is a naturalist there who guides free nature tours. So excited. I hope the weather is good!!!!!
Hmmm....sounds like this could be the beginnings of a plan! We've added Alligator Grille to our list of restaurants to try. Restaurant.com has $25/$50 coupon online for $2/$4. If anyone is interested, use code word FALL for the discount. BTW, these coupons do not expire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets

Quote:
Thanks Bill. So glad you have been enjoying our TR. It was a lot of fun writing it.

BTW - I noticed you asked Jen Sop what she thought of VWL. I actually stayed there in May 2010 and posted a ton of pics in that TR if you are interested. It's really different from all the other resorts. The whole national park lodge thing felt a little bit forced to me, but that's because I have skied out west and I live practically in the northeast so I've been to a lot of mountain areas. Be that as it may, it is still a wonderful resort. I love the layout, the pools, the lodge, the proximity to MK, the paths. Make sure you take the lodge tour with Ranger Joe. Its fabulous!
Will do...thanks for the heads up. We've only been inside VWL one time when we ate at Whispering Canyon during a Backstage Magic Tour and that was enough for us to purchase a small DVC contract we liked. We did almost the same thing at OKW. We visited OKW 2 years before we made our initial DVC purchase there. The worse is our small contract at BWV. We've never stayed or visited there before we bought in there! With all the great reviews here on the DISboards, we couldn't pass it up when it came available. These are all small contracts so we need to add some more!

Look forward to hearing from you to see if we can meet at HHI! Do I see a "rita search" in the future?

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
Old 09-25-2011, 12:20 PM   #1395
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

oh that last bus ride part...so sad!!!

I couldn't believe how delayed you were, BLEH.

Sigh...Via Napoli. I wish I could go there for lunch today!!!

Bummer about the chip clips, they did look awfully small. I confess that my corn holders, while stinkin cute, aren't the most comfortable ones I've ever used and seem prone to falling out of the cob.

I love that towel. If I didn't have a bazillion of them already I'd have added one to my loot but oh well. I can dream of someday having an owners locker to put one in, right? I do wish I'd gotten the wine charms through, maybe next trip.

I'll try to get an update up soon, maybe today!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: