Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2011, 09:27 AM   #1336
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Aweseome updates, MEK. You did great on the Nemo ride with the indoor pics, minus flash.
I am pleased that I have finally how to adjust the shutter speed to help me get in door pictures. Slowly, but surely, I am learning how to actually use my camera.

Quote:
I would have not been happy on Soarin' either if I found myself in a row with all those middle school boys...that's just asking for trouble.
Seriously, one of them event tried rocking the glider once we were airborn. I thought to myself, "doesn't this CM know he should have just let that last seat go?" I mean - come on - you know how long those rows are and the extra seat become mine.

Quote:
I love the Minnie & Mickey topiaries. I would really like those in front of my house.
If I were really weather I would absolutely have a Mickey topiary in my yard. Who wouldn't?????

Quote:
And I feel like a broken record, but your photos really are spectacular.
Thanks Kathy. I have really been working on the editing piece and I think I am getting a little better at that as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Oh, the Beach Club...we love you! And I completely agree with your assessment of the customer service there. It was fantastic. I don't have a ton to compare it with, but I could tell it was something special.
It really was. I've stayed at so many Disney resorts now - Vero, two of the values, all of the mods, SSR, Wildnerness Lodge, Animal Kingdom, Contemporary (BLT) and now the Beach Club. The CM's are wonderful everywhere, but I really got the feeling that the BC wants you to come back over and over again. I like that! And I will be back!

Quote:
Ah...middle school boys. Welcome to my life. I teach seventh and eighth grade.
Oh NO! I knew you were a teacher, but I did not realize you had the pleasure of middle school boys. OMG! I am really scared of them in numbers. Really scared!

Quote:
Great update! Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your last day.
Thanks!!!!! Hopefully will be posting again relatively soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Last day already????? What???
YUP! Funny, I did think it would take a lot longer than 4 months to get to the last day, so I am happy I kept things at a decent pace. I do plan to do a quick day by day summary. I think that worked well on my last TR. I am also excited to start my new TR which will be sort of a continuous TR from williamsburg to Hilton Head to Disney in December!

Quote:
:

Ugh that stinks about the boys. At least they kind of sort of stopped being annoying! I wouldn't have been thrilled about that seating arrangement either!
That CM flew out of sight after he put me in that row. I guess I could have been a PITA and just waited there for the next group to queue up, but I decided to just make the best of it.

Quote:
Idk, I think Terrence is very cute, with his little mushroom cap!
Is that his name? Terrence? I clearly know nothing about the fairies. Yeah - I guess his cap is cute! I'll give you that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
I think I might have asked if I could return to my place in line once I saw who I would be riding with
Michelle - If I could have, I would have, but that CM was gone - in a flash. Here I was excited I was being bumped ahead in line. What a let down!

Quote:
Outside of that, it sounds like you are having a lovely morning!

I did have a great morning and, evern though I was there at rope drop, it seems like it was lunch time before I knew it!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 09-16-2011, 09:42 AM   #1337
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

It looks like you had a great morning, other than the middle school boys! I am so excited to try the private entrace to Epcot in November. I was wondering if you could use it before the world showcase opened. Glad you posted that!

The beach club looks so nice and relaxing. Sure hope to stay there someday with DVC one day.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2011, 10:31 AM   #1338
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Yay for CM magic! For the most part, Disney sets the bar pretty high for other hotels/entertainment to try to keep up with!

I love the "secret" entrance to Epcot! I didn't think they would let you that far in -

Too bad about the rowdy boys - knowing boys - could we expect anything else? Obviously the CMs didn't know enough to be watchful - sorry it spoiled your experience.

There are alot of things at Epcot that just do not "wow" us - one of them being Living with the Land - I'm just not fascinated by cucumbers You did get some good non-flash pics though.

Now, Nemo - even though it is not a blow your hair back experience, I love the queue and I love the imagination in the ride. Much better than the one at DLR, IMHO. You got some great pics, Mary Ellen! I have pretty much given up taken any pics in dark rides with my PAS, but I know I will not drag a big camera around with me - don't do Sherpa

Nice way to spend your last day!
Old 09-16-2011, 06:08 PM   #1339
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I don’t know if Cynthia or I mentioned this before, but because of a screw-up ,we ended up with more than our fair share of mugs and snacks. On the first day we used the DXDP Cynthia’s card did not work (mine did), so when she went to the front desk they reloaded her card.
Actually they just did a full reset on our DDP so we were restored to full credits all around and gave us new cards. I think we'd used maybe 3 snacks and gotten 1 mug at that point so all of that was "extra". But then the weird thing was, every time we'd use credits, somehow the snack numbers never went down and I swear when we left there were still several credits on there, that should have been. I did get the E's a "bonus" packaged treat from Goofy's candy, they love the sour worms.

Quote:
Somehow I managed to finish packing.
I don't remember you going for a run, I must have been packing that entire time! I wasn't far behind you though, that much I know.

Quote:
I am not sure how C and Tracy started their day, but Cynthia went back to the MK.
I did, but not immediately.

Quote:
This cute couple both had name tags on that said York, PA.

So I asked? “Are you guys married?” Of course they were. They told me they only worked twice a week for the wonderful CM benefits that Disney has. I could totally see me and Denny doing this. Well, maybe not Denny, but I could totally see me doing this.
That is SO cute! I could see my parents doing that. More like MOM Mary Ellen, not Grandma! Good for you for saying something.

Great pictures, you did a lot that morning!!!
Old 09-16-2011, 08:50 PM   #1340
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Is that his name? Terrence? I clearly know nothing about the fairies. Yeah - I guess his cap is cute! I'll give you that!
I shouldn't know that much about the fairies, really! But between reading TR's and that time that "Tinkerbell and the Great Fairy Rescue" was on TV and I have no clue why but I watched the entire thing...I guess I do know some of their names
Old 09-17-2011, 07:31 AM   #1341
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Yay for CM magic! For the most part, Disney sets the bar pretty high for other hotels/entertainment to try to keep up with!
That's what I love about disney. I love when people are so used to giving good customer service that its actually ingrained in them. It becomes second nature!

Quote:

I love the "secret" entrance to Epcot! I didn't think they would let you that far in -
I didn't think I would get that far in either, but it sure gave me an advantage in the Soarin rush!!! Loved it!

Quote:

Too bad about the rowdy boys - knowing boys - could we expect anything else? Obviously the CMs didn't know enough to be watchful - sorry it spoiled your experience.
I really shouldn't care and they really weren't THAT bad. I mean - I have boys and I have been a chaperone on an amusement park trip, so I know its just their enthusiasm. I really think I probably stereotyped them in my mind and then when they starting swinging the glider - we you know!

Quote:
There are alot of things at Epcot that just do not "wow" us - one of them being Living with the Land - I'm just not fascinated by cucumbers You did get some good non-flash pics though.
I am a sucker for anything that is a boat ride. My husband enjoys gardening, so I think its cool to see the different ways they grown things. I don't know - its just one of the "feel" good rides for me. Reminds me of being a little kid.

Quote:
Now, Nemo - even though it is not a blow your hair back experience, I love the queue and I love the imagination in the ride. Much better than the one at DLR, IMHO. You got some great pics, Mary Ellen! I have pretty much given up taken any pics in dark rides with my PAS, but I know I will not drag a big camera around with me - don't do Sherpa

Nice way to spend your last day!
What - no sherpa????? It's interesting - now that I am learning to work my camera better I probably could apply some of those principles to a smaller camera to see if I could get some better results. Still - I need a lot more practice and knowledge before I feel like I really have this photography thing down.

It was a lovely last day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Actually they just did a full reset on our DDP so we were restored to full credits all around and gave us new cards. I think we'd used maybe 3 snacks and gotten 1 mug at that point so all of that was "extra". But then the weird thing was, every time we'd use credits, somehow the snack numbers never went down and I swear when we left there were still several credits on there, that should have been. I did get the E's a "bonus" packaged treat from Goofy's candy, they love the sour worms.
I know they restored eveything, but I had only used one snack credit and got my mug, so how the heck did we get all those credits?????? It was weird! And I hope it happens to me again in December. Is that bad?

Quote:
I don't remember you going for a run, I must have been packing that entire time! I wasn't far behind you though, that much I know.
I definitely did. It was a sucky, short run, but I counted it as a run all the same!

Quote:
A

That is SO cute! I could see my parents doing that. More like MOM Mary Ellen, not Grandma! Good for you for saying something.

Great pictures, you did a lot that morning!!!
I noticed the town on their name tag first because a bunch of kids from Brian's school were going to a college in that town, then I realized they must be married. DOH! But they were so cute!

Quote:
I shouldn't know that much about the fairies, really! But between reading TR's and that time that "Tinkerbell and the Great Fairy Rescue" was on TV and I have no clue why but I watched the entire thing...I guess I do know some of their names
"I shouldn't know that much about fairies!" Haha - I love that line! Why shouldn't you - you are a Disney fan like the rest of us! I'm actually embarrassed because I DON'T know these things!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 09-17-2011, 07:34 AM   #1342
MEK
DIS Veteran

So friends - my marching band is marching in our biggest judged parade of the year..... I always get so nervous for this parade because I am not good at marching. I'm also a little freaked out because I got out of step the other night during practice. It may have been because I forgot my shoes and I was wearing flip flops. Still - shouldn't have happened!

Going to a 50th birthday party tonight. Probably won't be on the DIS much today or tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Old 09-17-2011, 07:53 AM   #1343
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

And I love, love, love being on this ride with people who have never ridden before. It’s so great to hear their reactions.
Me, too.
It continues to be my favorite ride in any park, so it thrills me when I hear others applauding 'my' ride.

I am thinking that on our Epcot day next month (just one Epcot day ) we will take a cab to Boardwalk, get something from the bakery, walk toward Beach Club to take pictures, and then head over to rope drop on that side, as well.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 09-17-2011, 09:15 AM   #1344
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Good luck with the parade - I'm sure you'll do great!!
Old 09-17-2011, 09:59 AM   #1345
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

I am so happy that you told those CM's what a great job they had done! I get so excited when a client wants to see me to tell me how wonderful my staff is because usually they only want to see me to complain about something! It sure makes their day to hear it!!

I have never seen a picture of that pool...it looks so peaceful! Is is wrong that I closed my eyes and could picture myself there?

I have to tell you that when I signed on this morning I had 22 threads to catch up on, but when I saw you had updated I went right there....there is no better way to start my day than seeing your beautiful pictures
Old 09-17-2011, 10:40 AM   #1346
manntra
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Believe In Magic View Post

Ok now for my FAVOR. Waaaayyy early on in the TR one of your trip-mates bought perfume that had one of the notes in it that was dark chocolate. I remember reading at the time and thinking ooh I want to google that it sounds heavenly. Do you have any idea which perfume it was? I was thinking about it the other day again and it was driving me nuts.

OK that's the big request. Hope you had a good day, and look forward to 'talking' to you soon!
The perfume that I bought is from Guerlain and is called Gourmand Coquin. I it. The notes are cacao, vanilla, rum, pepper, dark chocolate and vanilla. Sounds good enough to eat!! I had "tried it on" October 2010 and of course they were out of it so I was determined to buy it in May. I blocked it out of my mind how much I paid for it if that tells you anything about the price

Tracy
Old 09-17-2011, 10:56 AM   #1347
manntra
DIS Veteran

Can't wait for your next update!!! I was drooling the entire time we ate lunch....and it wasn't just about the food!! Can't wait to eat there again next month.....I will have to chain Brielle to her chair

Love the couple from York....a good friend of mine is from there. So cute that they work together

I loved the CM's at the BC airline check in too. They were spectacular and super, super nice.

I have noooooooo idea what I did the morning before lunch. I know I didn't run or go to the MK or AK. I seriously have no idea

Tracy
Old 09-17-2011, 11:32 AM   #1348
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Ugh that sounds like such a miserable ride on Soarin! I'm glad you spoke up, I would have just asked to wait til the next one! Never mind the whole row of kids, but I hate being in the back!

I love your pictures from Living with the Land and Nemo, I can never get good pics on those rides!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 09-18-2011, 12:26 PM   #1349
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Me, too.
It continues to be my favorite ride in any park, so it thrills me when I hear others applauding 'my' ride.
It is such a great ride. They have a "knock - off" version at Busch Gardens, but it is lame compared to the real thing!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post

I am thinking that on our Epcot day next month (just one Epcot day ) we will take a cab to Boardwalk, get something from the bakery, walk toward Beach Club to take pictures, and then head over to rope drop on that side, as well.
I think that is an excellent idea. I loved, loved, LOVED going into the park that way. It was really special!

Quote:
Good luck with the parade - I'm sure you'll do great!!
Thanks Michelle! It was a fun parade. I enjoyed it and I didn't screw up! YEAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
I am so happy that you told those CM's what a great job they had done! I get so excited when a client wants to see me to tell me how wonderful my staff is because usually they only want to see me to complain about something! It sure makes their day to hear it!!

When people do well they like to hear it and they deserve to hear it. I know musicians are like that. I always complement musicians and most of them are so appreciative. They like to know someone notices their efforts and their skill. So much better to give a compliment than a complaint!

Quote:

I have never seen a picture of that pool...it looks so peaceful! Is is wrong that I closed my eyes and could picture myself there?

No - its totally what everyone should do when they see a pool. Just pretend they are there!

Quote:

I have to tell you that when I signed on this morning I had 22 threads to catch up on, but when I saw you had updated I went right there....there is no better way to start my day than seeing your beautiful pictures
Awww....THANKS Queen - I so appreciate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
The perfume that I bought is from Guerlain and is called Gourmand Coquin. I it. The notes are cacao, vanilla, rum, pepper, dark chocolate and vanilla. Sounds good enough to eat!! I had "tried it on" October 2010 and of course they were out of it so I was determined to buy it in May. I blocked it out of my mind how much I paid for it if that tells you anything about the price

Tracy
Tracy - if you still love that perfume today as much as you loved it in May, then it was a superb buy and you totally deserve it!

It DOES sound good enough to eat!

Quote:
Can't wait for your next update!!! I was drooling the entire time we ate lunch....and it wasn't just about the food!! Can't wait to eat there again next month.....I will have to chain Brielle to her chair

Oh - I got some interesting pictures from lunch and I'm not talking about the food!

Haha the visual of you chaining you niece to her chair is just too funny!

Quote:

Love the couple from York....a good friend of mine is from there. So cute that they work together

They were so adorable and I so want their job!!!!

Quote:

I loved the CM's at the BC airline check in too. They were spectacular and super, super nice.

They really were. Every single one of them. If they weren't it would have been such a different experience, that's for sure.

Quote:

I have noooooooo idea what I did the morning before lunch. I know I didn't run or go to the MK or AK. I seriously have no idea

Tracy
What - No run? You kidding, right?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Ugh that sounds like such a miserable ride on Soarin! I'm glad you spoke up, I would have just asked to wait til the next one! Never mind the whole row of kids, but I hate being in the back!
I wanted to go on the next one, but I DIDN'T speak up. The CM disappeared so quickly and I didn't want to make a big deal about it. That would have been wrong and those kids would have thought I was crazy. So I just gritted my teeth and made the best out of it. And it only had a few bad moments, mostly is my fear of them being super annoying that was the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post

I love your pictures from Living with the Land and Nemo, I can never get good pics on those rides!
Put you camera in the TV mode next time you are in there and adjust to a fast shutter speed and you will get some. Of course, turn your flash off. All camera have that mode. You have to use what available light is there by setting a quick shutter speed.

Good Luck!

Old 09-18-2011, 12:41 PM   #1350
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
So friends - my marching band is marching in our biggest judged parade of the year..... I always get so nervous for this parade because I am not good at marching. I'm also a little freaked out because I got out of step the other night during practice. It may have been because I forgot my shoes and I was wearing flip flops. Still - shouldn't have happened!
Flip flops would totally do it!

Quote:

Tracy
I love it! I definitely have some gaps like that on the cruise. Which just means you were really enjoying yourself!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: