Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2011, 06:59 PM   #121
Disneymom77
Mouseketeer

Great updates everyone! POR is soooo pretty I live about 30 minutes away from where that girl fell in the fountain while texting! Someone posted a picture of the sign outside the mall that said "Lifeguards Wanted" shortly after it happened It was most likely a photoshopped picture, but still funny
1989 offsite, 1991 GF, 1993 CBR, 1999 CBR Honeymoon, 2004 CSR, 2007 CSR, 2009 POFQ, Sept 2009 Pop, March 2011 POP, November 2011 AKL Kidani Village, May 2012 Vero Beach, October 2012 OKW, August 2013 Kidani/OKW
Old 05-16-2011, 07:15 PM   #122
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post

Nilla! And Welcome Back!!!!! I hope you and the family had a fantastic trip. And you darn well better start that TR ASAP. I can't wait to see pictures of your adorable kids. Plus I want to see what cute dresses Kristen made this year. So get going on that first update!!!!!!

So many DISers from the NE and midatlantic. Probably because our weather S$$CKS. We crave the warmth!! and more importantly, THE SUNLIGHT!

FOOD AND WINE 2012!!!!!! Like Melissa said - WOOT!!!!!!!

The wheels are turning. Let the enabling begin!
nilla! I agree please start and post a link so I can find you!

I also agree with what MaryEllen said about so many disers being from NE and the midatlantic because of our darn weather! We had such an awful winter some warmth and sunshine were definitely in order!

FOOD AND WINE 2012!! Disers take over the world!! Woot woot!!!

Nermel, was it perchance you that meet my sister in Target?! Someone, a CT Diser, ran into my sister in target and recognized my nieces from my TR! I'm trying to figure out who it was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymom77 View Post
Great updates everyone! POR is soooo pretty I live about 30 minutes away from where that girl fell in the fountain while texting! Someone posted a picture of the sign outside the mall that said "Lifeguards Wanted" shortly after it happened It was most likely a photoshopped picture, but still funny
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2011, 07:35 PM   #123
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post

So many DISers from the NE and midatlantic. Probably because our weather S$$CKS. We crave the warmth!! and more importantly, THE SUNLIGHT!

FOOD AND WINE 2012!!!!!! Like Melissa said - WOOT!!!!!!!

The wheels are turning. Let the enabling begin!
LOL, so true, after this winter, I'm so ready for some FL sunshine! Even now, the middle of May, and we are stuck with this miserable week of cold and rain...ugh!

Food and Wine 2012 would be SO amazing, no enabling required for me, it's not hard to get me to agree to a Disney trip! Especially since I'm HOPEFULLY going in May next year with DH, he won't want to go twice in one year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
Nermel, was it perchance you that meet my sister in Target?! Someone, a CT Diser, ran into my sister in target and recognized my nieces from my TR! I'm trying to figure out who it was!

LOL, no that wasn't me, but it's pretty cool that that happened! I sometimes wonder when I'm out and about if I'm in the presence of DIS'ers! Hmmm, now I want to know who it was too!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 05-16-2011, 07:36 PM   #124
I Believe In Magic
Mouseketeer

Beautiful pictures! That prom dress is so elegant, boy those have come a LONG way since I graduated! I haven't gotten to read all the comments but I can't wait to hear how many times Melissa's family called while you two were at dinner. And wow Melissa how did you leave them home!! Good for you girl! I always say (hope my precious dd isn't reading this) I hope to one day go to WDW without kids, just to see what it is like and mine are much older than yours. I bet you had the most relaxing 'different' kind of time! Can't wait to read more!! And MEK love the pictures!! Keep them coming

Old 05-16-2011, 07:36 PM   #125
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Yay you're at the resort!!! Ooh sorry to hear you had an apprehensive moment at the bus stop. I definitely would have been feeling the same way too! But I'm glad your bus arrived, and you didn't have to take any more creepy-edited pics!

Great pics of POR! I'm very intrigued to stay there!
Old 05-16-2011, 07:42 PM   #126
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Hurray,. you started!! Love me some MEK pics and girl's trips!!! Hmm F&W 2012....
Old 05-16-2011, 07:47 PM   #127
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Great start Mary Ellen. I love POR, it's so picturesque.

And nice prom pictures too. Is Brian sad that she's moving to AZ? He should be, 'cause you're right, she's stunning.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:47 PM   #128
sunny_stace
DIS Veteran

I'm late to the party but I am here! I have loved every single page of this TR so far!!! I can only imagine how much fun you guys must have had! I can't wait to hear more!
Old 05-16-2011, 07:57 PM   #129
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Gorgeous prom pics....

Love your pictures of the resort...it's absolutely beautiful there! I really must try and stay there one of these trips! I love any resort that I can get to DTD by boat!
Old 05-16-2011, 08:06 PM   #130
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Food and Wine 2012 would be SO amazing, no enabling required for me, it's not hard to get me to agree to a Disney trip! Especially since I'm HOPEFULLY going in May next year with DH, he won't want to go twice in one year!

LOL, no that wasn't me, but it's pretty cool that that happened! I sometimes wonder when I'm out and about if I'm in the presence of DIS'ers! Hmmm, now I want to know who it was too!
Well, if no enabling is required...

I want to know who it was!!! It was in the Groton/New London area!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Believe In Magic View Post
Beautiful pictures! That prom dress is so elegant, boy those have come a LONG way since I graduated! I haven't gotten to read all the comments but I can't wait to hear how many times Melissa's family called while you two were at dinner. And wow Melissa how did you leave them home!! Good for you girl! I always say (hope my precious dd isn't reading this) I hope to one day go to WDW without kids, just to see what it is like and mine are much older than yours. I bet you had the most relaxing 'different' kind of time! Can't wait to read more!! And MEK love the pictures!! Keep them coming

Leaving was easier then you would think Not pitching my phone into any number of WDW water source was decidedly harder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Hurray,. you started!! Love me some MEK pics and girl's trips!!! Hmm F&W 2012....
Welcome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_stace View Post
I'm late to the party but I am here! I have loved every single page of this TR so far!!! I can only imagine how much fun you guys must have had! I can't wait to hear more!
Welcome!!
Old 05-16-2011, 08:08 PM   #131
xoktenox
DIS Veteran

Wow, Mary Ellen, beautiful prom pictures and pictures of the resort! So peaceful looking but I can imagine it being a little strange and unsettling to be alone at the bus stop for so long! I hope you were able to get your margarita at the cave...one of my new found favorite WDW places!

Melissa, your son looked so precious for his communion! The daughter of a woman I work with also made her communion that day and the weather held out for you guys, it was nice out! I'm really excited to hear about this trip!
7-8/13- BWV~~3/14- OKW~~ 8/14- AS Music, VGF & Pop~~ 10/14- SSR (2nd anniversary!)~~11/14- ?? (Chris' 30th birthday)

Current PTR: August 2014 Birthday & Anniversary Celebration with the (GASP!) Non-Believers

Old 05-16-2011, 08:10 PM   #132
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

I'm loving this so far, sounds like a trip that I would love to be on. I'm getting excited about my Sept trip, hope to meet your Jen & Karin as they will be there the same time as I.

Today I learned how to post photos to the list, but now need to resize as the one I posted was way too large!

Maybe I can finagle a 2012 F&W trip also. It would be great. On our 2009 trip we met a woman at Teppan Edo that was there solo. I could so do that!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Old 05-16-2011, 08:25 PM   #133
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Hello

To show you what I now can do with help from Jenseib I will post a picture from 2006 at the Cay at CBR.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Old 05-16-2011, 09:43 PM   #134
nilla
The sky is falling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
nilla! I agree please start and post a link so I can find you!
Ok, it's started. The link is in my signature. This is a new experience, though - writing a TR while reading another one...we'll see if I'm up to the challenge!
Old 05-16-2011, 10:26 PM   #135
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

so much to comment on....
MEK -great prom pictures
Mickeysmyboy- congrats to your ds on first communion, loved your intro

And for the TR: Love the POR pictures, I know the anticipation of texting and everyone slowly coming together, so exciting, looking forward to reading about the first meet up
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: