Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2011, 07:01 PM   #106
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Great update, Mary Ellen! I am still about Denny and the silent treatment. The rest of the gang may try the same tactic next time.
Oh, yeah, he sure did. It threw me for a bit, but then I adjusted and my home life faded into the background.

The only time Brian texted me all week was to tell me Osama Bin Laden was killed.

Quote:
Very pretty resort pictures. I think that would probably be my pick of the moderates.
I love that place, but it IS BIG! I forgot how big until the bus was making the drop off at night and it kept driving and driving and driving between stops.

Quote:
G
That bus stop does look pretty desolate. Were you wondering if they closed WDW and no one told you? It is a pretty rare thing to be all alone in "the world," especially at a bus stop.
That is EXACTLY how I felt! I felt like I stepped into a time warp. It was weird.

Quote:
Anxiously awaiting word of what happened when you finally got to Mexico!
Coming up!

Quote:
Very nice prom pictures!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
Nice pictures of prom. Your son's date's dress was beautiful!
It really was a stunning dress. My son said it was "plain". Go figure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
POR looks so nice. I will definitely have to stay there some day.

Can't wait to read more.
It really is a gorgeous resort. Like I said - so many details. Even the quiet pools are done so nicely. Lot of extra touches.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 05-16-2011, 07:04 PM   #107
Tinkerbellarella
I was all like, "Um, well...that's different

An update with beautiful prom pictures and beautiful POR pictures? Wow! It's a two-fer! Loved the pics of both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Melissa gave me her coordinates and I was on the run to Mexico.
This sounds like it could be turning into a James Bond movie (with margaritas)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
DH and I drank the same kool-aid as Tracy back on a trip for our 10th Anniversary in 2009 and have since added on twice! Of course, there is a nice little contract on timeshare store that I’m eyeing!
I really, really, REALLY need to start shopping for said Kool-Aid. While I've been "sold" since the ripe old age of 7, BF...not so much.

Quote:
We joked and laughed and drank (a lot) and ate (a lot)!
Sounds like the recipe for a perfect trip!

Can't wait to read more!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2011, 07:07 PM   #108
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sorry for the late introduction everyone! But this was a busy weekend around my house! Because…

I absolutely love this shot! It is PERFECT! Really a keeper!

Quote:

I’ve been to WDW a total of 12 time now! 4 of those trips have occurred within the past 7 months! DH and I drank the same kool-aid as Tracy back on a trip for our 10th Anniversary in 2009 and have since added on twice! Of course, there is a nice little contract on timeshare store that I’m eyeing!

I knew you had visited a lot lately, but I didn't know it was 4 trips in 7 months. Your AP is getting lots of use. You go girl!

OOOOOHHHHHH - another contract! YIPEE!

Wonderful introduction Melissa.

I am so happy the gang is now officially all here. I will have to update the links!

Please share your wonderful, gorgeous pictures that you took during your solo time and then we can pick up at our reunion.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 05-16-2011, 07:15 PM   #109
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Loved your intro, Melissa. I didn't realize it was 4 trips in 7 months... pretty darn cool!! I'm really looking forward to October too!!!

Fingers crossed for you on that interesting contract... I think I hear it calling your name!

The Communion photos are so sweet. Sorry your youngest was sick. That's no fun.

Old 05-16-2011, 07:25 PM   #110
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

A few things...Cynthia...you IRONED on the trip??? Wow. That's dedication.

Lovely prom pictures.

I'm so enjoying reading this...if this is an indication, you must have had a blast.

Oh, yes, and POR looks so pretty.
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

Old 05-16-2011, 07:31 PM   #111
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Okay, am I reading this right?! Did you seriously bring a BLENDER in your suitcase, Cynthia??!! Holy moly. I am impressed!!! So the lemon fizz meets mango rum?! INTERESTING combo. Sounds very tropical and beachy... hence the beach club lemonade!!!

Jackie, take note.. sounds like a good one for your beach summer vacation trip!

Well, all this fall trip talk, sheesh. Getting very exciting I have to say!!

I love what I have read so far with all your posts and quips! MK, love those photos of Port Orleans!!! So pretty!!!

And your son looks so handsome!!! They all clean up so nicely for prom!!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 05-16-2011, 07:31 PM   #112
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Finally an update!

Love the prom pics, the dress Brian's date is wearing is SO beautiful!
Isn't it? It really was so pretty in person and on such a cute girl. Plus very sweet, too!

Quote:
I love your POR pics, especially the one of the horse and carriage. I mean, it might be my favorite picture of yours yet.
Awww - thanks! I really do love POR. It almost makes me sad that all my future stays should be all DVC.

Quote:

I hope you got to have a margarita! Is the "Ditch" La Cava?
You got it! I don't know how I got the name the "Ditch". Did I get that from Podsnel (Ellen)? I have no idea.

Quote:

If you guys ever take another girls trip, I'm crashing! You guys seem like such a fun group!
ABSOLUTELY!!!!! I think you and Christine are both from Connecticut. Well, I know she is. You live there too, right? Or am I making that up.

I seriously want a F&W 2012 Reunion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellarella View Post
An update with beautiful prom pictures and beautiful POR pictures? Wow! It's a two-fer! Loved the pics of both.

Thank you! I had to put the prom pictures in there. How could I not?

Quote:

(I have the James Bond theme stuck in my head right now - thanks for that!)

Quote:

I really, really, REALLY need to start shopping for said Kool-Aid. While I've been "sold" since the ripe old age of 7, BF...not so much.
If you stick with this TR you will most certainly be purchasing said Kool-aid. 4 out of 6 of us own right now and the other two are not far behind. We all own all over the place, too, which makes DVC so cool. Love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Being alone was just fascinating to me. I'm not really sure what I thought it would be like but it was so neat to have alone and group time, such a different (and restorative!) kind of trip! I can't wait to do it again too. Just have to figure out how to fit it in.
FOOD & WINE 2012!!!!!!!! Is that enough of a hint for you!

Old 05-16-2011, 07:38 PM   #113
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
That is dedication. Conversely, I'm not sure if Tracy or I could tell you where the ironing board was located in our room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Okay, am I reading this right?! Did you seriously bring a BLENDER in your suitcase, Cynthia??!! Holy moly. I am impressed!!! So the lemon fizz meets mango rum?! INTERESTING combo. Sounds very tropical and beachy... hence the beach club lemonade!!!!!
Yup, I did. Packed it right in my suitcase. In fact I think it was the first thing that went in there... priorities and all.

The drink really is yummy!! Very refreshing on a hot day! And a recipe even I can remember.

Quote:
Subtle.

Old 05-16-2011, 07:39 PM   #114
nilla
The sky is falling!

Oh no!! I was going to start my TR tonight, but with you getting 8 pages of comments in just 3 days, maybe I should wait until this one is done
Old 05-16-2011, 07:39 PM   #115
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
ABSOLUTELY!!!!! I think you and Christine are both from Connecticut. Well, I know she is. You live there too, right? Or am I making that up.

I seriously want a F&W 2012 Reunion!
Yep I'm from CT too, small world, there's lots of CT DIS'ers, I've noticed!

I would totally do a F&W trip next year! I want to do a girl's Disney trip soooo bad, but none of my friends really care about Disney all that much!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 05-16-2011, 07:42 PM   #116
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, I am a self professed dork.

Sometimes it's as simple as playing around with your alignment and the line breaks till it flows. If you don't force the line breaks it can get wonky.

I also find that using the rotating tickers help free up space instead of the single ones.
I said it before and I'll say it again!!! You are sooooo not a dork!!!

Quote:

you had too many. I did tell you guys what it was called (and no, that's not it, that's just the description of how to make it) but then Melissa renamed our modified mango rum version "Beach Club Lemonade"

Actually we got a lot of comments, people wanting one, wanting to know what it was and one comment that coming down with a full blender was applause worthy. At least 2 folks asked to know how to make it.

The stares were in the lobby. Pool people seemed to think it was cool.
LOVE the Beach Club Lemonade!!! It was fabulous! In fact, Target has a plastic blender on sale this week! If I make it to target this week it will be coming home with me and it will end up in my locker!

Everyone at the pool seemed it was fabulous that we had blender drinks! Woo hoo for us!!!

Quote:
Pool people.

Beach Club Lemonade was definitely a hit. I'll be making it again in October, I'm sure!

And thanks, MEK, for pointing out that the blender (& glasses too) were plastic. We were drinking responsibly poolside.
I really hope my waitlist comes through so we can have a few Beach Club Lemonades!!!

Quote:
I was speed walking and texting Melissa at the same time. I had visions of the lady who fell into the fountain at the mall. But I remained undaunted. Melissa gave me her coordinates and I was on the run to Mexico.

Would I finally have my first margarita at the Ditch or would something foil my plans????????

And just how many times did Melissa's family call her during dinner??????

Fabulous start MaryEllen!!! I loved the communications ban!!! I really wish I could have instituted one for myself!!!

How many times did my family call during dinner?! TOO MANY! I can tell you that for darn sure!

I will be back tomorrow with an update on my time alone!

Quote:
The rest of the gang may try the same tactic next time.
Whoever could you be speaking of?!

Quote:
Loved the FB photos, it looked like a beautiful day!

Being alone was just fascinating to me. I'm not really sure what I thought it would be like but it was so neat to have alone and group time, such a different (and restorative!) kind of trip! I can't wait to do it again too. Just have to figure out how to fit it in.
Thanks! It was a lovely day!

it was so restorative and so relaxing!!!!!

Quote:

LOL!!!

I never thought DH would drink it! But he did! I'm still surprised!

Sounds like the recipe for a perfect trip!

It really was!

Can't wait to read more!
Quote:
I absolutely love this shot! It is PERFECT! Really a keeper!

Aww, thanks! My sweet, handsome little boy!!!

I knew you had visited a lot lately, but I didn't know it was 4 trips in 7 months. Your AP is getting lots of use. You go girl!

Yup! Oct, Dec, Feb and May!!!

OOOOOHHHHHH - another contract! YIPEE!

We shall see!

Wonderful introduction Melissa.

I am so happy the gang is now officially all here. I will have to update the links!

Please share your wonderful, gorgeous pictures that you took during your solo time and then we can pick up at our reunion.

Thanks! I'll be back tomorrow with an update on my alone time!!
Quote:
Loved your intro, Melissa. I didn't realize it was 4 trips in 7 months... pretty darn cool!! I'm really looking forward to October too!!!

Fingers crossed for you on that interesting contract... I think I hear it calling your name!

The Communion photos are so sweet. Sorry your youngest was sick. That's no fun.
Yup! I've been a busy diser! Oct, Dec, Feb and May!!!

I'm working on convincing John that it's calling our name too!! We shall see!

We had a lovely day on Saturday! My boy looks so grown up! My kids always pick bad times to get sick! But, he's better now!
Old 05-16-2011, 07:44 PM   #117
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:

Oh I love that quote. That's a riot!!!!!!!!

probably more like Bridget Jones than Bond...but I'm speaking for myself there, not a reflection of anyone else.

Quote:

I'm so enjoying reading this...if this is an indication, you must have had a blast.

Desperation is more like it. I had squished/squashed a LOT into my magical bag and some of the cotton tops and sundresses were rather unforgiving. It's just funny as I never iron ANYTHING at home but then again, it's all hanging up, all the time so there is no need.

Quote:
Okay, am I reading this right?! Did you seriously bring a BLENDER in your suitcase, Cynthia??!! Holy moly. I am impressed!!! So the lemon fizz meets mango rum?! INTERESTING combo. Sounds very tropical and beachy... hence the beach club lemonade!!!
no, Christine packed the blender (and left it in her owners lockers). I just packed festive glassware and straws. Yep, we used the regular lemonade but for round 2 swapped out the vodka for mango rum. It was delish and I think the consensus was we all liked the mango rum one better...it was VERY tropical and beachy! Suited where we were for sure!
Old 05-16-2011, 07:45 PM   #118
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Quote:

Woo hoo!!!
Old 05-16-2011, 07:46 PM   #119
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am kind of curious what she means by an "interesting" contract.

Quote:
It's true - she ironed. I am a witness!

Quote:
Lovely prom pictures.
Thank you!

Quote:

Oh, yes, and POR looks so pretty.
We did have a blast. We each a lot of together time and a good amount of alone time where we each went a separate ways. That gave it the perfect balance.

POR is so pretty. Love that place!

Quote:

Jackie, take note.. sounds like a good one for your beach summer vacation trip!
It was actually Christine who brought it because she put it in her owner's locker for future trips. Smart girl. But it was after I called member services and asked for a blender for the studio and they said, "uhm...we don't do that".

Quote:
Well, all this fall trip talk, sheesh. Getting very exciting I have to say!!
I so wish I was going this fall! But I'm excited for everyone who is going.

Quote:
I love what I have read so far with all your posts and quips! MK, love those photos of Port Orleans!!! So pretty!!!

And your son looks so handsome!!! They all clean up so nicely for prom!!!
I'm so glad you are enjoying the TR and the pictures so far. And thanks for the compliment on my son's prom pictures. They do clean up nicely, don't they. I was thinking the same thing!

Old 05-16-2011, 07:56 PM   #120
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilla View Post
Oh no!! I was going to start my TR tonight, but with you getting 8 pages of comments in just 3 days, maybe I should wait until this one is done

Nilla! And Welcome Back!!!!! I hope you and the family had a fantastic trip. And you darn well better start that TR ASAP. I can't wait to see pictures of your adorable kids. Plus I want to see what cute dresses Kristen made this year. So get going on that first update!!!!!!

Quote:
Yep I'm from CT too, small world, there's lots of CT DIS'ers, I've noticed!
So many DISers from the NE and midatlantic. Probably because our weather S$$CKS. We crave the warmth!! and more importantly, THE SUNLIGHT!

Quote:
I would totally do a F&W trip next year! I want to do a girl's Disney trip soooo bad, but none of my friends really care about Disney all that much!
FOOD AND WINE 2012!!!!!! Like Melissa said - WOOT!!!!!!!

The wheels are turning. Let the enabling begin!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: