Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2011, 08:36 PM   #76
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Joining in for all of the fun!
LOVE the intro.
Native NYer! Thanks for joining in. I hope we can keep you entertained for the duration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Well yeah, but everyone looks like a sherpa in the airport! I have a funny sherpa airport story myself (though it involves a bar stool lol) but that will have to wait quite a while.

This ought to be an interesting story!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellarella View Post
SO true. And I know they say they don't "do" anything but every once in a while one would land on me and after a few seconds, "OUCH!" a prickly, burning sensations. I definitely don't like sharing my Disney vacations with them.
I had no idea that love bugs bit. This makes me like them even less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Elf View Post
Joining in to hear about all the fun you girls had!
Happy Elf. Thanks for joining in. Girls trips are so much. Looks like you have a trip coming up in a couple months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe770 View Post
Yup. Race weekend and Walmart anytime of the day is the best people watching around here altho I did see some choice outfits in Atlantic City last night.
Dover was so bad last night that you had to escape to AC. Did you have a good time? I bet there were some interesting sights there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
Hello ladies I've been around on some of your TRs before and I've probably lurked on all the others so I'm excited to be in for this one!

BCV is my #2 dream resort so I'm down for tonssss of pictures, please! And, I'm really liking the title of this report...did I mention I have a list of all the drinks I'd like to try while I'm in the World again in a few weeks? Seems like we'll all get along pretty well here...
Kristen! Thanks so much for joining in. I hope our TR keeps you entertained until you leave in 15 days. WOOT!

BCV really lived up to the hype. I loved being so close to Epcot and I loved the customer service. The studio was also very nice, as were all the pools. Lots of plusses to that resort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
When I lived closer to the Charlotte Speedway, it would take me a moment to realize why Walmart has gone nuts. Eventually it would dawn on me, it is race week.
I have to agree that Walmart is a darn good reflection of what is going on in the rest of the community. I live 30 minutes from Dover and everything here was teaming with race fans too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
This is too funny. All this talk about the magical bag and I'm pretty sure I have the same one. From ebags? I agree, it's pretty cool. Tons of compartments and I especially dig the zippered spot for the laptop that is easy to get to in the security line.
I can attest to the fact that she got a lot of shoes in that bag! It was unreal. She had ALL her clothes and ALL her shoes in there. My suitcase looked like a dinosaur compared to hers and I couldn't have fit all that stuff in there.

Quote:
It truly wasn’t my intent to be the last to introduce myself but, given that I am perpetually late for EVERYTHING, it’s probably appropriate.

Wonderful Introduction Cynthia. All your pictures are fabulous! So glad everything fell into place for you to be the west part of our clan.

I hope it stops raining there soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak616 View Post
Thanks! I do! I have two trips planned and I'll be doing a TR for both! I can't wait to share with you all!

The only thing better than one Disney trip is TWO!!!!! I look forward to reading your TR's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Hey, Gals! Just poppin' in to say Hi... goin' back to read now!!

Kathy
Kathy! So glad to have you join in and we know you are no stranger to DIS girls trips. Aren't they great????

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Last edited by MEK; 05-16-2011 at 10:37 AM.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:47 PM   #77
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Interesting bag question...Right now I'm debating my ability to fit everything I need into a single carry-on for my California trip! I still cannot believe that you got to Hawaii and Disney within such a short time span.

Let me just say that she got a ton of stuff into that suitcase. She may not have unpacked between Hawaii and Florida. Same type of clothes you know! And her stuff wasn't even that wrinkly. Truly an amazing bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
MaryEllen, I've been waiting for this TR & now here I am on page 5. This TR started filling up fast!

Let the fun begin!
Old Friend!!!!! I'm so glad you made it! I've missed you since the last TR ended! I think you're right - this TR is filling up at record speed (at least for me). It should be a challenge to keep up!

Are you getting excited for your Fall trip????

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
What a fun trip. Excited to read along!!
IluvXU. So glad you are able to join us for the TR. We will try really hard to keep you entertained.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-15-2011, 09:12 PM   #78
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

Hi MEK!!! I found this....I love reading your TR's and I needed a good one to get me all excited for my upcoming trip....who better to feed my addiction???

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
Old 05-15-2011, 09:18 PM   #79
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Let me just say that she got a ton of stuff into that suitcase. She may not have unpacked between Hawaii and Florida. Same type of clothes you know! And her stuff wasn't even that wrinkly. Truly an amazing bag.
Oh there were tweaks...traded out heels for tennis shoes and keens and I actually did wash it all and then repack it but yeah, that did help. It WAS wrinkly though. Did you miss all the ironing I did? Oh wait, you were RUNNING. About 1000% more ironing than I ever do at home, that's for sure.

Which would be zero.

Old 05-15-2011, 09:51 PM   #80
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

I am getting so ready for our trip that I just cannot get enough of reports right now, knowing we are so close!

Fun intros ladies, I cannot wait to hear more!
Old 05-15-2011, 10:20 PM   #81
camsmomE
"right on the bum- that way no one will even notice us scraping our pineapples!!"

Oh. I wouldn't miss this for the world! (no pun intended... that time.)

"I think I need my head examined" TR AUG 2010;I'm Back! and I STILL need my head examined- TR AUG 2010; Fist Pumpin' at the POLY Shore! PTR MAY 2011AUG 2-8,2010 WL; OCT 3-4, 2010 POP; NOV 17-19, 2010 Beach Club; JAN 16-17, 2011 Portofino Bay @Universal; FEB 14-15, 2011 Portofino Bay @Universal; MAR 14-16, 2011 Nick Hotel; MAY 5-8, 2011 POLY CL; JUN 2-5, 2011 AKL-Jambo; JUN 5-9, 2011 PBR CL; NOV 5-7 BLT- SOLO TRIP
Old 05-15-2011, 11:46 PM   #82
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

I'm in, sounds like this is going to be a very fun TR, girls trip
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

Old 05-16-2011, 06:57 AM   #83
chloe770
Isn't it just more fun to be surprised?
Without SpongeBob I would never get anything done

Quote:
Dover was so bad last night that you had to escape to AC. Did you have a good time? I bet there were some interesting sights there.
I actually live in Magnolia, so unless I try to go some place, it's not that bad. I never try to escape on race weekend, but alway seem too. Last year's May race was Disney. This year I had to settle for AC with the girls. It was fun acting like I was young again.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:08 AM   #84
Happydog
DIS Veteran

HAVE not read at all, but I am finally here!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE that photo of my can in a can in a can drink!!! SOOOOOO festive!!!! CANNOT wait to read what I can only imagine was an amazingly fun fun fun time!!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *
Old 05-16-2011, 10:40 AM   #85
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

This looks like so much fun! Joining in to read about your fabulous time.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:40 AM   #86
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

Joining in. It sounds like you all had so much fun.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:53 AM   #87
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
HAVE not read at all, but I am finally here!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE that photo of my can in a can in a can drink!!! SOOOOOO festive!!!! CANNOT wait to read what I can only imagine was an amazingly fun fun fun time!!!
It's all about the presentation

Old 05-16-2011, 11:00 AM   #88
MEK
DIS Veteran

OK - I need the geek squad. I can not get my siggie to line up again. What's the trick. Come on Cynthia, you are a self professed dork....How do I make it fit all nice and neat in a row????? ERRRRR!

Last edited by MEK; 05-16-2011 at 11:09 AM.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:46 AM   #89
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
Hi MEK!!! I found this....I love reading your TR's and I needed a good one to get me all excited for my upcoming trip....who better to feed my addiction???
Stranger! where have you been???? I haven't seen you on the boards for awhile. How exciting that you have an upcoming trip! I hope your trip to the airport is a lot better than that one you had a few years ago. Can't believe I remember that!

Quote:
Oh there were tweaks...traded out heels for tennis shoes and keens and I actually did wash it all and then repack it but yeah, that did help. It WAS wrinkly though. Did you miss all the ironing I did? Oh wait, you were RUNNING. About 1000% more ironing than I ever do at home, that's for sure.

Which would be zero.

Come to think of it, that ironing board was out quite a bit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
I am getting so ready for our trip that I just cannot get enough of reports right now, knowing we are so close!

Fun intros ladies, I cannot wait to hear more!
Less than a month to go! WOOT! In some ways I really miss my summer trips and in other ways, well....I don't! Mostly because of the heat. I have gotten to be a heat wimp. I wait all winter for it to get warm and then complain about it all summer. YUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by camsmomE View Post
Oh. I wouldn't miss this for the world! (no pun intended... that time.)
camsmomE. We are all so happy to have you join in the fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
I'm in, sounds like this is going to be a very fun TR, girls trip
Jessica! Thanks for joining us. Another expert on girl's trips here in the house!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe770 View Post
I actually live in Magnolia, so unless I try to go some place, it's not that bad. I never try to escape on race weekend, but alway seem too. Last year's May race was Disney. This year I had to settle for AC with the girls. It was fun acting like I was young again.
I think Magnolia is such a cute little town. Well, actually, it might not be that little anymore since I haven't passed through in quite a while.

Any opportunity to act young is alright in my book. Sounds like a great place to go with the girls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Happy Dog! Sounds like you have been a busy lady, so thanks for stopping by.

So is that what the drink was called? A Can in a can in a can drink? Ummmm...OK......Cynthia forgot to tell us the name or we would have laughed over that. All I know is that a blender was high on the priority list of things to bring. Thank goodness Christine decided to add one to her owner's locker. We got lots of looks (stares) when we took that blender to the pool. No worries - its WAS plastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
This looks like so much fun! Joining in to read about your fabulous time.
jeremysdisneymom! Thanks for joining in! I hope we keep you entertained because we got a lot of stuff to write about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
Joining in. It sounds like you all had so much fun.
Pooh'smate! Thanks for joining in. It was a fabulous trip! Every DISer needs a girl's trip, preferably with DISers.

Old 05-16-2011, 11:56 AM   #90
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
OK - I need the geek squad. I can not get my siggie to line up again. What's the trick. Come on Cynthia, you are a self professed dork....How do I make it fit all nice and neat in a row????? ERRRRR!
Yes, I am a self professed dork.

Sometimes it's as simple as playing around with your alignment and the line breaks till it flows. If you don't force the line breaks it can get wonky.

I also find that using the rotating tickers help free up space instead of the single ones.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: