Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2011, 11:42 AM   #676
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Shooters in and out of Fantasyland....Mary Ellen is a genius

Great pics btw!
I don't know why Disney doesn't offer me a job right now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
I think it's odd that they are building a Tavern in MK that doesn't serve beer - just doesn't sound right.........
No. It sure doesn't. There is something fundamentally wrong about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Your pictures are lovely too Christine! I think you are the first person I've heard mention that they had a strawberry scent around Lotso, if I read it before it didn't register - how fun!
I didn't notice his scent, but then again I don't have the greatest sense of smell. That does have its advantages, since I work in healthcare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I too am the year of the Rat, why I couldn't have had say maybe the horse. No I got the rat!
I am more curious than ever to find out why mine is.

Quote:

We never eat dinner in the MK because of the no booze thing. My DH likes to have a beer with his meal. It's so silly not to allow alcohol when it's in all of the other parks.
I get it, but then again I don't. It would be nice to be able to get a drink with dinner because there's certainly no BYOB. Maybe that's why none of the table service restaurants are all that great in the MK. Then you don't feel like you're really missing something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_stace View Post
From a rooster to a rat, Christine, your flower pictures were lovely! And you're right, if MK ever went away from the dry-route, I imagine they would be sitting on a goldmine!
Maybe it has to do with the fact that they keep the park open so late at night. I don't know, but I don't think its ever going to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Christine - that is too funny....Year of the Rat. You elicited major chuckles outta me with that one.
Wouldn't be my first pick - that's for sure!

Quote:

Opportunistic??!!! What the heck does that mean? Perhaps when it comes to taking trips to Disney?
Now that translation I can understand!

Quote:

Now you have me curious...I've got to look my own year up now.
Me too!

Quote:
Too funny! Your TR should have a subtitle as far as I am concerned.
Adding it soon, but C has to add it to her update.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 06-26-2011, 01:13 PM   #677
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

wonderful updates!

I took a picture of every single horoscope sign/animal in China! I couldn't resist! My TR updates from Epcot are going to be just a zillion pictures!

Gaston's tavern with no beer???
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2011, 02:07 PM   #678
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

I definitely agree that MK should sell some sort of adult beverage. I know that Walt didn't want it that way, but I don't think it would take away from the atmosphere and family friendliness. And all of the other parks serve alcohol. Also, now won't there be three taverns in MK, all of which are dry?
Old 06-26-2011, 07:59 PM   #679
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Catching up on the updates. Lol at the presentation given by the head of residence at the Uni, Mary Ellen! Sounds hilarious!

Wow dorm rooms have all that in them!! I sure need to enroll on a course again!

That presentation was hysterical! His background is in psychology and he obviously knows human nature pretty well.

And the dorm rooms were pretty cool. The interesting thing was that the room configurations were all slightly different. Not just the furniture, but the layout of the room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post

Great WS pics - I will have to check out the phone booth in Canada as well. Lol at freezing when someone answered the phone in England!

BCVs look so good.
I totally froze - what a loser. But I will redeem myself in December. I will be totally ready for those phone booths!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
wonderful updates!

I took a picture of every single horoscope sign/animal in China! I couldn't resist! My TR updates from Epcot are going to be just a zillion pictures!
:
Nothing wrong with that. My updates are always mostly pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Gaston's tavern with no beer???
There is something so fundamentaly wrong with that. Errr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
I definitely agree that MK should sell some sort of adult beverage. I know that Walt didn't want it that way, but I don't think it would take away from the atmosphere and family friendliness. And all of the other parks serve alcohol. Also, now won't there be three taverns in MK, all of which are dry?
A dry tavern is a misnomer. It makes no sense. There is part of me that agrees with preserving Walt's vision, but there's another part of me that says there had to be a loophole in the logic.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 06-26-2011, 09:23 PM   #680
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

I'm lovin' the new tag line for the TR! Very witty & so true!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Old 06-27-2011, 07:30 AM   #681
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm lovin' the new tag line for the TR! Very witty & so true!

You can thank C for that. Unfortunately, the whole subtitle won't fit. Not enough space.

Old 06-27-2011, 02:31 PM   #682
manntra
DIS Veteran

I am a dog. Enough said Actually it was pretty spot on it reads:

The Dog will never let you down. Born under this sign you are honest and faithful to those you love. You are plagued by constant worry (pretty much), a sharp tongue (oh yeah ) and a tendency to be a fault finder () You would make an excellent businessman, activist, teacher or secret agent

Tracy
Old 06-27-2011, 02:56 PM   #683
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

This thing about no liquor in the MK reminded me of something that occurred in Fort Wilderness. We were camping there & we visited the outpost store. My DH wanted to buy a bottle of beer which the store was selling. Our kids were with him, so they refused to sell him the beer. They stated that they couldn't be sure that he wouldn't give the kids some beer! WTH? I can tell you that DH was very upset about that. It was a weird sitiuation!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Old 06-27-2011, 03:40 PM   #684
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I agree, MK really needs to have some alcohol of some kind...wine with dinner in the TS restaurants, a beer stand here or there. Nothing hard, just...something!

Amazing Flower and Garden pics! I love that they put strawberry scent around Lotso!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 06-27-2011, 04:36 PM   #685
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Nice Pics, Christine! ITA It doesn't make sense you can get alcohol everywhere but MK. It's not like they have bars or anything - they act like you only have children with you at MK.
Old 06-27-2011, 04:38 PM   #686
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This thing about no liquor in the MK reminded me of something that occurred in Fort Wilderness. We were camping there & we visited the outpost store. My DH wanted to buy a bottle of beer which the store was selling. Our kids were with him, so they refused to sell him the beer. They stated that they couldn't be sure that he wouldn't give the kids some beer! WTH? I can tell you that DH was very upset about that. It was a weird sitiuation!
That's just weird! Did he look really young or something? Maybe they didn't realize he was the father.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:40 PM   #687
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Ok- I am back here playing catch-up...and I just can't let this one go by-

Not a sherpa??? TOTALLY sherpa!!! MEGA Sherpa!! MEK- what the heck do you bring to Disney???

Ok...back to reading....
Old 06-27-2011, 06:54 PM   #688
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Ok- I am back here playing catch-up...and I just can't let this one go by-

Not a sherpa??? TOTALLY sherpa!!! MEGA Sherpa!! MEK- what the heck do you bring to Disney???

Ok...back to reading....
Ah but I think if you compare it to the Sherpa picture from her fall trip, she's downsized.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:02 PM   #689
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
I am a dog. Enough said Actually it was pretty spot on it reads:

The Dog will never let you down. Born under this sign you are honest and faithful to those you love. You are plagued by constant worry (pretty much), a sharp tongue (oh yeah ) and a tendency to be a fault finder () You would make an excellent businessman, activist, teacher or secret agent

Tracy
Oh dear. I am a Horse.

The horse personality is often willing to give as well as expecting a lot of liberty. These people are extremely independent and confident. The horse person is very quick-witted and is right in there with you before you have had a chance to finish what you are saying: he's on to the thought in your mind even before you've expressed it. In general, these people are gifted. But in truth they are often more cunning than intelligent - and they surely know that. They adore being in the center of everyone's attention, but more they like to be recognized for their skills and are easily flattered. On the other hand these people have an honesty and genuine warmth which attracts lots of people and helps them make new friends. People as a rule confide in horse person because he/she is sincerely interested in their thoughts and feelings and is able to help with both a wise words and an action, but there is a small problem about it - the horse person is so excited by new discoveries that it is difficult for them to keep a secret. This is not something that arises out of malice or revenge - sometimes they just cannot help themselves.

It is easy to inspire such person by new ideas and he/she tends to act on them without delay, carried away by the excitement of the moment. But it is also important to remember that there is a danger for horse person to be too impulsive and it may cause some problems in the future. And if they do not see the result of their efforts, it is rather natural for them to turn their attention to a new project and head off once again, brimming with new ideas. The horse person is always ready to offer good advice and can be very persuasive, but his/her confident and carefree approach hides inner doubts. Those who know such person well recognize this, and offer the support and reassurance he/she needs.

Except I CAN keep a secret. Most of the time.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:22 PM   #690
MEK
DIS Veteran

OK, I was curious so googled what year I was born in. You're going to love this. I was born in the year of the PIG!!!!!!!!!!!! That's right - PIG!!!!!

People born in the Year of the Pig are chivalrous and gallant. Whatever they do, they do with all their strength. For Boar Year people, there is no left or right and there is no retreat. They have tremendous fortitude and great honesty. They don't make many friends but they make them for life, and anyone having a Boar Year friend is fortunate for they are extremely loyal. They don't talk much but have a great thirst for knowledge. They study a great deal and are generally well informed. Boar people are quick tempered, yet they hate arguments and quarreling. They are kind to their loved ones. No matter how bad problems seem to be, Boar people try to work them out, honestly if sometimes impulsively. They are most compatible with Rabbits and Sheep.

I guess this explains why I don't have hundreds of FB friends. lol

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: