Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-24-2011, 11:26 AM   #646
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 39,532

Cynthia, I kind of like that you got on no rides and took all those pictures -- you got some really good ones and a few spots I'm not sure I've seen before. Mark and I've not been on the Liberty Belle in ages either; like you, it's always closed when we are there. Hopefully, we get on it this year.

MaryEllen, I'm so sorry you were still dealing with that headache. But you got some lovely pictures (as always), and I love that you found a little spot all to yourself in the shade with a breeze. Your pictures as you approach the BC Villas are wonderful. I love the ducks in the pool...so cute. And a great pic of the gals in the pool.
__________________

RIP Genie
KatMark is offline  
Old 06-24-2011, 11:54 AM   #647
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,360

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
Liberty Belle is definitely an interesting choice. It's really not my kind of ride, but your pictures are nice.
Thanks. I'm not even sure I'd really call it a ride but it was nice in a do nothing, relax and absorb kind of way which suited my mood. It is not my normal style for sure and it was really cool to do solo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Great update Cynthia. Wonderful pictures! I totally missed this as I never did go to this "side" of the MK. I meant to go back over there, but I started getting worried that I was going to be late for lunch, so I left. VERY cool. I did not know they were this far.
I have more later, I swear it was further along on our last day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post

Well - I haven't fixed my bulk uploader yet, although my doctor aka mac wizard friend, gave me some good ideas. Thanks to Cynthia, I reordered my photos so I am good for this update.


YAY!


Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I
Parents - DO NOT google your son/daughter's roommate. You are going to find something you don't like. Don't call me and ask me to switch their assignment. Not gonna happen!

Moms - DO NOT bring a mop and bucket on move-in day.

Dads - DO NOT move the furniture on move-in day.

Moms - Do NOT ask dad to move the furniture on move-in day. You will come back later to see it completely changed

I know my delivery here does not serve up the same humor, but this guy was so funny.
I love it! The whole college thing is so wierd. Jeff and I just had the "great room move" conversation over the weekend. Poor Tay is getting booted to guest status come labor day weekend and I'm going to have 3 rooms to paint and redecorate.

Poor thing will get booted before school starts (late Sept) but that's the weekend I can paint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post



I'm so glad you got the teacups! I kept meaning to take pictures and there were always a ton of people around. For some reason every time I went by that area, Mary Poppins and Alice were out and they had long lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post


So down this path I ventured:



i'll be honest. I did not like location of these rooms. There are regular BC rooms and if I was paying $300 or $400 a night, I don't think I would feel I got my money's worth. Just basically nothing to look at but woods.


I my weakened state I did not remember to take a picture of our room number, nor do I remember what it was. Maybe Cynthia knows.


5 something Aren't I observant?

[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
A couple of comments...

Cynthia, thanks so much for the new castle pic! We didn't even make it back there on our last trip. What progress they are making!
I have more coming later that I think are better, I swear they were further along just 3 days later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post


Unfortunately, I barely dozed off a couple times, but I couldn't sleep. I was wrapped way too tight. My fear that my headache was going to come back was really starting to mess with me. I bought some Migraine Excedrin and took those. But everytime I felt the slightest twinge, I was sure I was going to be on death's door.

Yes - friends - that is the true sign of a hypochondriac.

So, of course I couldn't sleep. DOH!


You had reason. Given how your week had gone I think anyone would have been lying there freaking out


Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
After laying in bed for an hour, I got up and decided it was time for some alternative medicine. I really didn't feel much like drinking, but my day had already basically been a wash. I figured it couldn't get any worse and I needed to get out of my anxious state.

So.....I......fixed.....a.....Nice.....Strong..... ....Captain Morgan's and diet coke. I changed into my bathing suit and I headed to the pool.

The first few sips were a little rough going down, but once I finished about a third of my drink I was already starting to feel a little more relaxed.

So out the door I went. Back out into the blinding sunshine, but this time I was fortified with a little CM and diet coke.

Were was I heading....well, of course, to the quiet pool.



I figured the other ladies would eventually end up here.

And they sure did - in fact, sooner than I expected.

I was first greeted by Tracy and then C, Melissa, and Jen. The only lady missing from the bunch was Cynthia, who was either still at MK or making her way back through Epcot (remember that soarin FP).

We were not alone at the pool. We had a few other visitors:



They were so darn cute. But some darn little boy (and I don't think it was the one in this picture, chased them straight out of the pool).

I finally got the girls to agree for a picture as long as there were no bathing suits involved:



Don't they look so lovely and relaxed?

I wonder why?



We spent the remainder of a wonderful afternoon at the pool. Cynthia did eventually join us and I eventually stopped worrying about whether my stupid headache was going to come back. A good time was had by all.
Yep, my hand is in that picture! LOL! Middle glass was mine. I love the headshot picture, how fun is that!!!

That little boy annoyed me. I'm not sure if it was that day or another but I know I said something to a kid at one point to stop it. It was a different one though than the one in the picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
I couldn't resist a little Jack


Okay, where's the TAG FAIRY


Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post

Cute bunch of heads! We have walked by that pool so many times but always went on over to SAB...
Next time though, I think we will take advantage of the quiet pool!
It's so funny, I assumed we'd live at SAB. Not so, the quiet pool won out more often than not. Besides, it's far easier to take a blender to the quiet pool....not sure that could have been pulled off at SAB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_stace View Post
My oh my! So many updates!

I love love love the ride on the Liberty Belle! It is so pretty and relaxing, and usually pretty empty so you can just chill out for a few minutes! And what a better way to follow it up than by visiting Capt. Jack!
It was really fun in a do nothing and just look/absorb kind of way. Which is NOT typcially my style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Cynthia girl - you are rockin' that new camera!
Thanks Trish! Slowly getting the hang of it. I haven't dabbled in editing any of my shots yet but overall, I'm loving it and glad I bit the bullet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Perhaps its the purely feminine perspective or the element of wish fulfillment (as in, I'd love to do a girl's trip, or even a re-do with just my husband), but I am so loving this TR!
It was about as girly as you could get. Just fabulous. I'm ready for another one right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Cynthia -- great pictures of MK. Its still a bit odd to me that Johnny Depp, or some version of him, is a "character" at Disneyworld! Great pictures of the new castle and the new posters. Its interesting to see the whole thing coming together.
I found it weird at first too but have grown to love the inclusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Great pictures from the Liberty Cynthia...and of the new castle too
I am still wrapping my head around the idea of another castle but I really can't wait to see it all complete. I'll have to borrow nephew Hank for a week so we can go check it out Ahhh Captain Jack he blew a kiss to me during the Boo to You parade and I swooned
Beautiful walk through Epcot ME and then on your trek to your room. I am so excited to be staying there again
I was the first to see you at the pool because I had just finished up with the visit with my cousin. You were in the shade drinking your therapy from your refillable mug So happy that you were feeling better
Love those ducks and I was getting mad at the little boys chasing the poor things. Oblivious parents Loved all of our times at the quiet pool. Were we drinking wine at the time? I think so.....:laughing

Tracy
Thanks! I was mesmerized by that castle. Jack was icing on the cake, for sure.

This day was wine (though heavens knows what you all had before I got there...just kidding...since I was getting a slushie....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
I do believe it was wine and it was a very nice wine!!!!

I had so much fun that day!!!!!!

Jack Sparrow blew you a kiss Tracy!! I would have swooned too!!

I had a very handsome Cinderella's Prince ask if I wanted to try on the glass slipper in January...I nodded Yes very enthusiastically.
Love it!
eandesmom is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-24-2011, 12:18 PM   #648
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,360

what happens when you don't take pictures...or notes!

having taken a bazillion pictures of certain things, I realized I left some things out of my post lunch update! It was bugging me as I didn't really think all I'd done that day was Liberty Belle and POTC.

Sure enough, that's not the case. I went back and checked on FB, thinking that if I'd done other rides, I might have "checked in". And sure enough I did!

I updated my update

But in a nutshell after lunch I grabbed a Space FP. That's what had me in the area to take all those construction pictures, not to mention the fact I kind of wanted to ride It's a Small World, as it had been closed in August.

After I got off the LB, I went on BTMRR and then ran into the band.

After POTC I booked over to Space Mountain and did that last before heading off to slushie land. There is a reason I got to the pool so darn late.

DOH!
eandesmom is offline  
Old 06-24-2011, 12:37 PM   #649
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran
 
Stringbean&Wingnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,989

I'm glad that Brian is all set up at Salisbury! That's great that you guys love the school, it sounds like a great place!

Your villa is so cute! I love how they're all tucked away, and the color is so charming! I'm glad that your headache stopped haunting you, I definitely know how it feels to be worrying and stressing about something like that - a good distraction is always a wonderful remedy!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline  
Old 06-24-2011, 01:38 PM   #650
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran
 
Wicket's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,010

Great pictures as always! I like to ride the Liberty Belle, a nice ride for chillin'.
I love the bathroom decor with the scallop shells, so beachy.

No better therapy than the old Captain Morgan!
__________________
wicket's mom WDW-1975 thru 1985 offsite, stayed FW in '86
CSR '02, CB'06, CSR '09, CBR '11, AKL '12, AKL '13
Fast Passes, We Don't Need No Stinkin' Fast Passes
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline  
Old 06-24-2011, 02:45 PM   #651
rndmr2
DIS Veteran
 
rndmr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Western NY
Posts: 1,673

Great updates, ladies!

I love all the pics in this TR, I probably won't be able to go go back for a while so I am getting my "fix" from TR's (mine and everyone else's LOL)

I wanted to go on the LB when we were there but it was always "at sea" when we got to it and we didn't want to wait. I think I remembered seeing it was going to be closed when I was there so I was surprised to see it open.
__________________
Me (40) DH (38)
May 2010 TR May 2011 PTR May 2011 TR Sept/Oct 2014 PTR


8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
rndmr2 is offline  
Old 06-24-2011, 05:16 PM   #652
Nermel9
DIS Veteran
 
Nermel9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,644

Wow, amazing MK pictures in the 2 Belles update! I still have not gone on the Liberty Belle, but I really should, it looks like a fun way to see everything in Fronteirland! That line for HM looked insane!

And MEK, I LOVE your WS pictures!!! Someday I really have to get a big girl camera and learn how to use it, I want to be able to take pictures of Disney World like that!

I'm the same way with headaches...if I get a bad one, once it goes away, I spend my time worrying if it will come back. However, I doubt I would try to calm my nerves with rum! Alcohol always makes my headaches worse, not better! You are brave!

BCV looks pretty! I like the regular BC rooms better, but I'd still like to stay in a villa sometime!
__________________

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!


Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline  
Old 06-24-2011, 07:07 PM   #653
3sweetpeas
Mouseketeer
 
3sweetpeas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 353

Loving your updates girls!
Every time I leave WDW I feel like I didn't have time to walk around slowly and absorb all the little details that makes it so WONDERFUL. Mary Ellen and Cynthia, I'll bet it was so enjoyable to get to move slowly by yourselves and take it all in "I have a dream".... We're always so busy seeing how much we can get done.

Loove the compromise on the pool pics. I can just hear that conversation now
__________________
3sweetpeas is offline  
Old 06-24-2011, 09:02 PM   #654
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,373

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Mary Ellen, sorry your computer is fighting with you! This afternoon, out of nowhere, my computer started announcing that I should hold for the webinar to begin. I tried closing everything down - nothing running in task manager, and yet somehow I was in a webinar. I had to reboot and thankfully that worked. These things - we need them, but they sure are a sometimes.

I'm glad you got your computer to work. I haven't tried the additional maneuvers on mine, but I am going to try a disc repair and recovery and see if that works. If it doesn't then I will just live with the old uploader and reorder all the pix.

Yes - computers can certainly give one a headache.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
I'm glad you didn't catch your hair or clothes on fire!
Seriously - that would be really bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
A couple of comments...

Mary Ellen, sorry you were feeling poorly. You did take some lovely pictures though and you had such a sweet roomie to be so understanding! That is my first glance at a studio at Beach Club, very neat! I'll bet you could hear the British Invasion from your balcony!
Thanks Wigd. I'm glad it only lasted part of the day and Cynthia really was wonderful. BEST ROOMMATE EVER!

The studio was very nice. It really was perfect for the two of us and we got along great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post

Cynthia, thanks so much for the new castle pic! We didn't even make it back there on our last trip. What progress they are making!
Seriously - they have made a ton of progress. I can't wait to see it in December.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post

This trip report is taking me forever to get caught up on, you ladies are so popular!:
Oh Yeah - Looks who's talking - Miss Popularity herself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Umm, do ya think this guy noticed???

Yum ......It would be kinda hard NOT to notice THAT! YIKES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Yes, I've stopped at the phone booth in Canada, but I never got the number.
No Way - Man of all Epcot phone numbers forgot one!!!!! Well, if I can find it in December I will definitely give it to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post

You mean you got somebody to pick up the phone and then you hung up?? Oh well.
Pathetic, isn't it? Really pathetic. Don't worry - I will do better in December. I'll have all my one liners ready to go. I think I might even try to trick Denny or Nick. They'll love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post

That picture of the ladies in the pool reminds me of the opening to Petticoat Junction where the girls are swimming in the water tower.
Now that visual takes me back, alright!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Mary Ellen You took some really nice pics for someone with a screaming headache! I'm glad your therapy worked - I'll have to remember that one.


Thanks! Fortunately, the pictures distracted me from my complaints and I found it to be very therapeutic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Cute little duckies.
I know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
P.S. I'm glad you got Brian all settled in and you're happy with how things are going for him!
Thank you. Brian has really struggled at points during his high school career, so to see him start to get engaged is so great. He wants to go to college, but he is sort of a slow starter. He didn't want to go visit any colleges. He basically went with all peer recommendations. When we stopped for dinner last night he said, " I feel pretty lucky to have gotten into this school" and I got the feeling that he is finally starting to get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post


Cute bunch of heads! We have walked by that pool so many times but always went on over to SAB...
Next time though, I think we will take advantage of the quiet pool!

Don't they all look so happy????

I didn't think we would spend so much time in the quiet pool, but it really was perfect for our particular needs (if you know what I mean). SAB is exactly the opposite. I really grew to like that wonderful quiet pool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_stace View Post
My oh my! So many updates!

I love love love the ride on the Liberty Belle! It is so pretty and relaxing, and usually pretty empty so you can just chill out for a few minutes! And what a better way to follow it up than by visiting Capt. Jack!

It really did look so relaxing and Cynthia got such wonderful pictures. And who doesn't love Captain Jack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_stace View Post
And of course, then moving on to my home and native land! Canada! We really do have a lovely pavillion... I like those maple leaf jammie pants!
I really do love the Canadian pavilion and I went back later in the week to watch the movie. When I watch that movie I just want to pack up and move right to Canada. It's breath-taking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_stace View Post
BCV looks so gorgeous too....I love the prints on the walls too! The one of the sandy beach - I want that! I'm gonna have to go do some shopping there and see if I can find one!
Those really are some of my favorite pictures that I have seen in the resorts. They just take you right to a relaxed state of mind. Love that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_stace View Post

I love the poolside picture of you ladies! Very cute! It reminds me of the cover of some fun chick-lit novel!
I think all the ladies look so cute!!!! They were all floating around on noodles and just enjoying the water and the lovely afternoon.



Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Cynthia girl - you are rockin' that new camera!

You too MEK! Love all the photos!!!
Thanks from the two of us. I love, love, love Cynthia's MK pix. They are great. Even better since I didn't ride the Liberty Belle this trip.



Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Sounds like CM, the pool, and some great company was just what the doctor ordered for that headache!

Absolutely love that pool pic! So cute!!!

:
That Captain Morgans really hit the spot! It was just what the doctor ordered. Turned out to be a great afternoon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Can't wait to hear all about Blue Zoo!!!!
Coming up soon! It really was an amazing meal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
First of all congrats to Brian getting all set up for school!!!! That is fantastic!! Love his schedule!!!

Thanks Jen. Please say a few prayers for Brian. It's been a rough 18 months for him. But I just feel like this school may be the perfect fit for him. He came home acting friendlier and more mature and engaged. I really hope he thrives there.

I was looking at his schedule again and I realized that both the philosophy course and the history course (which is a graduation requirement) are called peer supported classes. They are actually geared entirely to freshman and they incorporate info on study habits and how to write papers. I really feel like this school wants their kids to succeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post

Secondly, I actually like that pool pic!! Nice!!!! I had a lot of fun at the pool that day!! Of course I made sure I had plenty of sunscreen!!!! I was so glad you were feeling better!!!!

I am so glad you like the pic. I know no one really wanted their picture taken and yet you guys all look so happy! I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post


What wonderful pics you took of WS!! LOVE IT!!!!

:
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post

Blue Zoo
You're not kidding. That place was heaven!!!!!
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline  
Old 06-24-2011, 09:25 PM   #655
danceintherain
DIS Veteran
 
danceintherain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 5,099

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Thanks. I'm not even sure I'd really call it a ride but it was nice in a do nothing, relax and absorb kind of way which suited my mood. It is not my normal style for sure and it was really cool to do solo

I love it! The whole college thing is so wierd. Jeff and I just had the "great room move" conversation over the weekend. Poor Tay is getting booted to guest status come labor day weekend and I'm going to have 3 rooms to paint and redecorate.

Poor thing will get booted before school starts (late Sept) but that's the weekend I can paint.


[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Haha...my senior year of high school, my older sister moved back in, so I had to share with her again. It was only supposed to be temporary, but she lived there for that entire year and my first semester at school. Now that room is my Mom's library!
__________________
~*Becca*~
Well Begun is Half Done...When Plans Go Awry: April 2013 Trip Report
Me (27) DH (27) DS (3) DD (born Feb 2014)
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline  
Old 06-24-2011, 09:29 PM   #656
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,373

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Great pictures from the Liberty Cynthia...and of the new castle too
I am still wrapping my head around the idea of another castle but I really can't wait to see it all complete. I'll have to borrow nephew Hank for a week so we can go check it out
Yeah - I wonder how Walt would feel about the whole second castle thing. It's cool, but strange, all at the same time!

I bet you can't wait until Hank is old enough to go. I think I am either taking my brother's whole family or just LJ and his brother Michael next summer. I know they won't be into castles, but they sure will be fun to tour with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
I'll have to borrow nephew Hank for a week so we can go check it out Ahhh Captain Jack he blew a kiss to me during the Boo to You parade and I swooned
Well, he certainly IS easy on the eyes. Sort of like the waiters in Italy! (Via Napoli)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Beautiful walk through Epcot ME and then on your trek to your room. I am so excited to be staying there again
I was the first to see you at the pool because I had just finished up with the visit with my cousin. You were in the shade drinking your therapy from your refillable mug So happy that you were feeling better

Tracy
Thanks!!!!! Ah - yes - my therapy was working quite well. It's really the first time I used alcohol to start feeling better. But something told me it might do the trick!

I really hope I can get a room at the BW or BC for F&W 2012, because I WILL be going then! It will take major disability, disaster, or death to keep me away in 2012. So as soon as you all get home for 2011 I want to start planning 2012!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Love those ducks and I was getting mad at the little boys chasing the poor things. Oblivious parents Loved all of our times at the quiet pool. Were we drinking wine at the time? I think so.....:laughing

Tracy
I know as a mother of boys you learn to pick your battles. I could totally see my brother's kids doing something like that. But, honestly, sometimes parents just get so exhausted they give up. Not saying it's right, but I know it happens. I hated seeing those little duckings get separated from their parents so I was glad they will chillin under the shrubs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Perhaps its the purely feminine perspective or the element of wish fulfillment (as in, I'd love to do a girl's trip, or even a re-do with just my husband), but I am so loving this TR!
So glad you're loving it. I'm telling you - F&W 2012 - be there. I am so planning a girls trip. It's gonna happen!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Cynthia -- great pictures of MK. Its still a bit odd to me that Johnny Depp, or some version of him, is a "character" at Disneyworld! Great pictures of the new castle and the new posters. Its interesting to see the whole thing coming together.
It really IS so cool to see the whole new fantasyland coming together. It's probably my least favorite part of the MK right now because I don't have small kids and I have no nostalgic ties to it from my childhood, but I really do want to see the new version!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Maryellen, again...you got some more beautiful pictures out of your day and you seemed to rally quite nicely and redeem it all in the end. What's better than that?
Thanks...and.....EXACTLY! As long as the day went out on a positive note, it's all good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
I do believe it was wine and it was a very nice wine!!!!
I can't remember if I had any wine or not, but I do remember being impressed by Tracy's wide assortment of disney glasses in her owner's locker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
I had so much fun that day!!!!!!
Me too! What started out as a not great day turned into so much fun! Especially dinner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Jack Sparrow blew you a kiss Tracy!! I would have swooned too!!
Seriously...Who Wouldn't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post

I had a very handsome Cinderella's Prince ask if I wanted to try on the glass slipper in January...I nodded Yes very enthusiastically.
I probably would have turned beat red, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Cynthia, I kind of like that you got on no rides and took all those pictures -- you got some really good ones and a few spots I'm not sure I've seen before. Mark and I've not been on the Liberty Belle in ages either; like you, it's always closed when we are there. Hopefully, we get on it this year.
Her pictures really are wonderful. The LB is such a great vantage point for pictures. It really is a must do for all photographers and DIS addicts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post

MaryEllen, I'm so sorry you were still dealing with that headache. But you got some lovely pictures (as always), and I love that you found a little spot all to yourself in the shade with a breeze. Your pictures as you approach the BC Villas are wonderful. I love the ducks in the pool...so cute. And a great pic of the gals in the pool.
Thanks Kathy. I did find the perfect spot to sit and chill. I don't know if I will ever sit that long again in Epcot, but I will always be fond of that spot. Glad you enjoyed my pictures. The ducks were so much fun! So darn cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
having taken a bazillion pictures of certain things, I realized I left some things out of my post lunch update! It was bugging me as I didn't really think all I'd done that day was Liberty Belle and POTC.

Sure enough, that's not the case. I went back and checked on FB, thinking that if I'd done other rides, I might have "checked in". And sure enough I did!

I updated my update

But in a nutshell after lunch I grabbed a Space FP. That's what had me in the area to take all those construction pictures, not to mention the fact I kind of wanted to ride It's a Small World, as it had been closed in August.

After I got off the LB, I went on BTMRR and then ran into the band.

After POTC I booked over to Space Mountain and did that last before heading off to slushie land. There is a reason I got to the pool so darn late.

DOH!
I am glad you added this because I was starting to feel guilty that you got to MK so late and had done so little. I am so glad you did BTMRR and Space. Didn't you do Soarin too?

What - you don't remember our room number. I am shocked!!!!!!!
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline  
Old 06-24-2011, 10:14 PM   #657
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,360

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post

I am glad you added this because I was starting to feel guilty that you got to MK so late and had done so little. I am so glad you did BTMRR and Space. Didn't you do Soarin too?

What - you don't remember our room number. I am shocked!!!!!!!
Yeah, it was bugging me, I figured I had to have done more than that!

I didn't do Soarin though, even though I had the FP. It was that or a slushie and the slushie won. It was a tough call though as I'm missed it on the august trip

I made up for it later though.

2012 is SO far away!!!!!!!!! :
eandesmom is offline  
Old 06-25-2011, 06:10 AM   #658
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,373

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
I'm glad that Brian is all set up at Salisbury! That's great that you guys love the school, it sounds like a great place!
Thanks! I really do like the school. I went to UD for everything - undergrad, graduate school, and then my post masters. Even though that was a while ago (except for the post masters), I always felt like I was just one person fending for myself. Salisbury really seems to care about the transition and making kids successful. We'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
I

Your villa is so cute! I love how they're all tucked away, and the color is so charming! I'm glad that your headache stopped haunting you, I definitely know how it feels to be worrying and stressing about something like that - a good distraction is always a wonderful remedy!
The villa was really lovely. I liked it a lot better than BLT. Even though BLT had that castle view, there was something much more endearing about BCV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Great pictures as always! I like to ride the Liberty Belle, a nice ride for chillin'.
Absolutely. I may need a little ride on the belle myself in December so I can get some cool pix with my new camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I love the bathroom decor with the scallop shells, so beachy.
I find everything about the beach theme to be so relaxing! Can't beat it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post

No better therapy than the old Captain Morgan!
It's therapy with a high success rate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Great updates, ladies!

I love all the pics in this TR, I probably won't be able to go go back for a while so I am getting my "fix" from TR's (mine and everyone else's LOL)
I love looking at other people's pixs when I am between trips. It really helps me to focus on all the little details that I can't always focus on during my trip. So we will try to keep your "fix" going until you get back there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post

I wanted to go on the LB when we were there but it was always "at sea" when we got to it and we didn't want to wait. I think I remembered seeing it was going to be closed when I was there so I was surprised to see it open.
It's a ride worth waiting for every couple of years or so. I actually haven't been on it in 3 years, so I think its time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Wow, amazing MK pictures in the 2 Belles update! I still have not gone on the Liberty Belle, but I really should, it looks like a fun way to see everything in Fronteirland! That line for HM looked insane!
It really is a great way to see Frontier Land. It's from such a unique perspective. I really recommend it.

That line for HM DID look insane! Glad it wasn't like that when I went back the next day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
And MEK, I LOVE your WS pictures!!! Someday I really have to get a big girl camera and learn how to use it, I want to be able to take pictures of Disney World like that!
I never thought I would like, or be good at, taking pictures. But I started seeing so many great pictures on the boards that I decided - why not? It really is so cool to have still life memories of Disneyworld. If you have any interest at all, I recommend it. Plus - your pictures are always lovely so I am sure you would get great results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post

I'm the same way with headaches...if I get a bad one, once it goes away, I spend my time worrying if it will come back. However, I doubt I would try to calm my nerves with rum! Alcohol always makes my headaches worse, not better! You are brave!
By the time I dipped into the Captain Morgans my headache was gone. It had been gone for awhile. What was really bothering me was the fear it would come back. I was starting to obsess about it, so I self medicated. It sounds bad because that is NOT something I really ever intentionally done before. This was the first time, so I'm really NOT a lush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
BCV looks pretty! I like the regular BC rooms better, but I'd still like to stay in a villa sometime!
I agree that the regular BC rooms are absolutely gorgeous. How I would love to stay in one of them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sweetpeas View Post
Loving your updates girls!
Every time I leave WDW I feel like I didn't have time to walk around slowly and absorb all the little details that makes it so WONDERFUL. Mary Ellen and Cynthia, I'll bet it was so enjoyable to get to move slowly by yourselves and take it all in "I have a dream".... We're always so busy seeing how much we can get done.

I am glad I have been to Disney enough that I have really gotten out of the commando mode. When we first started to travel there as a family I used to get aggravated with my DH for stopping and taking so many pictures (well - in my defense , they were not great pictures). I'd always be thinking "times a wasting. let's get going". Now I am just the opposite and I really feel a lot less stressed when I am touring. But I think commando is very important if you don't get to visit much, have limited time, or have a lot of attractions on your "must see" list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sweetpeas View Post

Loove the compromise on the pool pics. I can just hear that conversation now
Let's just say the ladies were very skeptical of me taking pool pictures, so I am very glad they consented.
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline  
Old 06-25-2011, 06:13 AM   #659
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,373

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
Haha...my senior year of high school, my older sister moved back in, so I had to share with her again. It was only supposed to be temporary, but she lived there for that entire year and my first semester at school. Now that room is my Mom's library!
I think it's hard to have to share after having a room to yourself. The Salisbury guy talked about that a lot and I'm glad he did. You really have to learn to be a little less selfish and much more flexible! I am going to have to keep emphasizing with my son because he's one of these kids who wants to take over any room he enters. He's got some work to do!
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline  
Old 06-25-2011, 08:37 AM   #660
Disneybound!!
Mouseketeer
 
Disneybound!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Eastern NC
Posts: 251

I'm really lovin' your trip report! Looks like you girls had a wonderful time! Thanks so much for taking the time to come back and share! Looking forward to more!
__________________
Peggy


Disneybound!! is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: