Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2011, 07:04 AM   #46
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Oh, I hadn't thought about Free Dining. That would really sweeten the deal...
Saying prayers to the dining gods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
I think we have some loose plans that include a later (8pm) dinner but nothing we couldn't move around. Sounds like fun!
We might hook up with you before that dinner, then, since we'll have little girls with us who will need to go to bed by the time you are finished with dinner.

Have we gotten this report waaay off topic?
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:10 AM   #47
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Saying prayers to the dining gods.
I will cross my fingers for you both! Is it usually offered in Oct?

Quote:
Not at all. I'm pretty sure chatting and enabling trips/purchases and planning for the our next Disney fix are right on track for us!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-15-2011, 07:10 AM   #48
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Yes, I think we have. I will take the blame for that.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:11 AM   #49
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Quote:
I will cross my fingers for you both! Is it usually offered in Oct?

Not at all. I'm pretty sure chatting and enabling trips/purchases and planning for the our next Disney fix are right on track for us!
LOL...great minds Christine!! I was about the post the same thing!!! I'm really looking forward to Oct!!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 05-15-2011, 07:40 AM   #50
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
Wow page 3 already!

We're back and you know I wouldn't miss your TR
Dawn (and hopefully Caitlin). So glad you stopped by. I can't wait for you guys to start your TR. I want to hear all about the AK run and the rest of the trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
OK MEK, feel free to ignore my comment on my PTR, I found you!

I figured this crew would have to spill the dirt...can't wait for it
Katie! So glad you are here to join in the fun! Hopefully it will help the time pass between now and when you leave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I love enabling... Looks like mid-October would be a great time to go.
As Christine and Jen and Me Mom said, you certainly came to the right place to be enabled!

All I can say is I wish I could go for F&W, but sadly it is not in the cards for me this year. However, I am excited for my Hilton Head trip and I am definitely eyeing up F&W 2012. I'm thinking East Meets West Reunion, but perhaps on an even larger scale.

Jackie - I really hope you can pull of a F&W trip. I know how much you want (need) to go!

So ladies - enable away. I will be an innocent bystander.

Oh - and Jackie - I will definitely let you know if we visit Athens in June. Denny HAS to go. I want to go and it is a free hotel room. I just have to make sure it jives with Brian's college orientation because I have to attend a day of that. I have never been to Georgia. I'm thinking of driving cause it looks doable. I would like Nick to go to. I am trying to encourage him to tour University of Georgia just for the heck of it. While Denny is working I will have free time for touring.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 05-15-2011, 08:00 AM   #51
I Believe In Magic
Mouseketeer

Joining in!! Can't wait to hear about your trip, it sounds like a blast was had by all!

Old 05-15-2011, 08:25 AM   #52
Tinkerbellarella
I was all like, "Um, well...that's different

Count me in! Sounds like this was a great trip.

Old 05-15-2011, 09:29 AM   #53
bamaslp
Mouseketeer

Girls' Trip--WOOT WOOT!! I'm all in!!
Old 05-15-2011, 09:34 AM   #54
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Believe In Magic View Post
Joining in!! Can't wait to hear about your trip, it sounds like a blast was had by all!
I Believe In Magic! Thanks for joining in! Looks like you have a trip in the near future. I hope we keep you entertained until then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellarella View Post
Count me in! Sounds like this was a great trip.
Tinkerbellarella! Thanks for joining in. It really was a great trip with lots of one liners, lots of food, and lots of fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaslp View Post
Girls' Trip--WOOT WOOT!! I'm all in!!
bamaslp! Thanks for joining in! Girls' Trips are really fun! I hope we keep you entertained with our antics!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 05-15-2011, 09:43 AM   #55
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Joining in for all of the fun!
LOVE the intro.

Old 05-15-2011, 12:01 PM   #56
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post

For the most part I feel like I am in the right state of mind, but I have to say that the strep throat and cold really threw me the double whammy. I haven't felt 100% healthy since and every once in a while I still get that annoying, horrible cough at night. Nick keeps asking me, "Are you OK?" You know the one I'm talking about.
Yeah, the one I consistently slept through that sounds like you have the croup? I know that one. That SUCKS that it's not all the way gone. Just don't overdo it (if that is possible for you! LOL)

Quote:
I actually would love to have Jen as my daughter (who wouldn't?), cause she is just the sweetest girl and she is so smart and accomplished. She would make any mother proud!
Ditto!

Quote:
You're right - I did pretty well! I guess I am thinking about how I looked in the airport. Park bag, camera bag, and big Disney shopping bag filled with assorted items. Every time I would get up to go somewhere, people who give me the "Whose the sherpa?" look. And, you know, I spent way too much time in the airport waiting to go home. (But I'll save that for the end of the trip)
Well yeah, but everyone looks like a sherpa in the airport! I have a funny sherpa airport story myself (though it involves a bar stool lol) but that will have to wait quite a while.

Quote:
Seriously - that was the first time I had seen the love bugs in action. Now I understand why people find them so disgusting.
Me too. There is NOTHING lovely about those things

Quote:
Oh yeah - I totally worked that angle. How could they say no to someone who was flying from across the country and checking in at 8am? The idea actually came to me while I was in line.
Stroke of genius, I loved our room and the location!

Quote:
Carol Brady! You are a bit like Carol Brady. And I mean that in a good way - energetic, organized, compassionate. I'll have to think about what Brady character best suits me.
I need an Alice

Quote:
Exactly! I was going to say I think that whole conversation is VERY on topic for this thread!

And I wanna go!
Old 05-15-2011, 12:18 PM   #57
Tinkerbellarella
I was all like, "Um, well...that's different

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Me too. There is NOTHING lovely about those things
SO true. And I know they say they don't "do" anything but every once in a while one would land on me and after a few seconds, "OUCH!" a prickly, burning sensations. I definitely don't like sharing my Disney vacations with them.

Old 05-15-2011, 01:46 PM   #58
Happy Elf
DIS Veteran

Joining in to hear about all the fun you girls had!

Our July 2011 TR: Surf, Sun, and Big Family FUN! Our July 2011 PTR: Big Family Fun...Hopefully!
Our 2009 PTR: Twice the Excitement, Twice the Fun Our 2009 TR:Plans Change with a 4 year old!

Honeymoon-Yacht Club July 2001 All Star Movies July 2003 Hannah's First Trip-All Star Movies September 2006 Owen's First Trip-Pop Century June 2009 Our 10 year Anniversary - Caribbean Beach July 2011
Old 05-15-2011, 02:02 PM   #59
chloe770
Isn't it just more fun to be surprised?
Without SpongeBob I would never get anything done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Must be race weekend up there. We get it Memorial day!!!!

Wal Mart at 3am for the best people watching!!

Can't wait to hear more.
Yup. Race weekend and Walmart anytime of the day is the best people watching around here altho I did see some choice outfits in Atlantic City last night.
Old 05-15-2011, 02:06 PM   #60
xoktenox
DIS Veteran

Hello ladies I've been around on some of your TRs before and I've probably lurked on all the others so I'm excited to be in for this one!

BCV is my #2 dream resort so I'm down for tonssss of pictures, please! And, I'm really liking the title of this report...did I mention I have a list of all the drinks I'd like to try while I'm in the World again in a few weeks? Seems like we'll all get along pretty well here...
7-8/13- BWV~~3/14- OKW~~ 8/14- AS Music, VGF & Pop~~ 10/14- SSR (2nd anniversary!)~~11/14- ?? (Chris' 30th birthday)

Current PTR: August 2014 Birthday & Anniversary Celebration with the (GASP!) Non-Believers

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: