Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2011, 12:21 AM   #556
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

GAH! Headaches suck. Isn't Cynthia a great listener and full of great perspective too! Glad you had each other that morning- I can't say enough good about ladies' trips!

Old 06-18-2011, 05:40 AM   #557
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Oh no...headaches can sure put a wrench in your plans can't they? So happy you had such a wonderful understanding and caring "roomie" !

The headache did represent a small "wrench", but it could have been so much worse. Lucky for me, I felt much better by the end of the day after a little "therapy". And, I must add, I did have a great roomie! She really helped a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post

Your pictures are gorgeous....I feel like I could just step right into them!
Thank you! I had so much fun taking POR pictures. Love, love, love that place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Add my concern for your poor head with everybody's. If you had my kind of therapy you did all right! Usually I try a stiff drink on the theory that it may not kill the pain, but after a few I don't give a s@#t!
My therapy sounds pretty darn similar to your therapy! I love the way you think!!!! Stay tuned for my therapy session!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post

I like the pix of the not commonly known spots.
I love finding obscure places to take pictures. Taking a lot of pictures actually helps me remember the trip a little better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
The other problem they had was trying to find Children's Advil. My friend finds that if she takes Advil right away (at first signs of vision problems) it helps a lot so she wanted to do the same for her daughter, but they couldn't find any! They got a late start the next day, but it didn't ruin the vacation.

I am surprised that they don't carry Children's Motrin at the resorts. I would think with all the kids that vacation there that would be a hot item. I guess it would be a good opportunity to learn to take the pills. I'm glad she recovered quickly. I hate to hear about kids not feeling well at Disney. That's just wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post

Good tip about going to the infirmary!
They are generally very nice in there and you can go in a lay down anytime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
I was behind quite a few posts, getting caught up now. Looks like you had a nice day at Rehobeth beach. I grew up in Philly and we always called it going "down the shore" when we would go to places in NJ like Wildwood or Ocean City, but when we got there, we went to "the beach" during the day to swim.
Now, I ask you - Wouldn't it just be easier to have ONE name for everything? Just sayin'.

Actually, I grew up outside Philly, too so I will always refer to Jersey as the "Jersey shore". The "Jersey beach" just doesn't roll off my tongue too easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post

Sorry about your headache, I know it stinks to not feel good on Vacation.
Thanks! Fortunately, it could have been a lot worse and I did find myself fully recovered by evening. So my day was not an entire wash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Great pictures from the beach. I wish I lived close to a "real" beach, and not just lakes, or the manmade sand pool at our local county park (which is great, but it's not the beach!). Sounds like a fun weekend.
It is really nice living near the coast. I've lived here for 20 plus years, so I think I take it for granted. Probably because I spent too many summers in a group beach house during my younger/crazier days. I took a break from beach vacations for awhile, but I think I am starting to rekindle my enjoyment of the beach.

Quote:
Oh - the dreaded headache! I have a lot of sinus issues and frequently have sinus headaches. I never go anywhere with out sudafed and aleve or advil with me. I'm sorry you didn't get to do all you planned, but at least your day wasn't spent at the ER! And you got more cool pictures!
I had my Motrin, but it sure didn't help. I think that's what scared me. I still don't have a good sense of what caused that creepy headache, but I am glad I did get to functional status without going to the ER. Ah - yes - pictures really are therapy to me. I'd be walking around thinking, "I feel like crap", then I would stop and think "cool picture. I need to take a pix right now".

Quote:
Tracy - how fun that you got to meet up with your cousin! That's a great picture of the two of you. I heard the DIS unplugged do a review of the Richard Petty thing. I think someday my DH might like that. He's a car nut and likes to drive fast too.
The RP thing does sound cool.

Cynthia reminded that each of the ladies had a very different morning on Day 2, so I am hoping they all post about their morning. We all met up later in the afternoon for pool time and "therapy".

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Last edited by MEK; 06-18-2011 at 08:48 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2011, 05:51 AM   #558
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Nice update, Tracy. Glad you got to spend time with your cousin before they headed over the Petty Experience. You reminded me yet again that we have NOT been to Beaches & Cream and we have to get there one of these days.
I have NOT tried it either. I keep saying I am going to, but I never do. Not sure why. I did pop my head in there in May and it looked very crowded and a little on the small side. I think it needs to be twice as big.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
The beach sounded wonderful. Here is South Louisianan we don't know what the shore is? We go to the beach, of course since we don't have beaches here only marshes we have to go to Mississippi, Alabama or Florida.
See - the shore IS just a Philly thing! I watched this really cool video on the marshes of Louisiana a few years ago. Really fascinating.

Quote:
Mary Ellen I'm so sorry your headache left you feeling so bad. But it does sound like you found the right "medicine" to get you back on track, of course resting always helps too.
That Excedrin migraine really did help. I tried that, then I turned to my "alternative" medicine later at the pool. If ya know what I mean.

Quote:

Still loving your pictures! I was showing them to DH since we're suppose to stay at POR in Feb. He said you're a great photographer.
You are going to LOVE POR. So pretty. Tell your DH I said thank you. What a nice compliment. I wish I had stayed there longer. I bet I could easily take 400 pictures of that place. There is something interesting behind every turn.

Quote:
Tracy sounds like you had a great morning. How neat to meet your cousin in Disney. My DH would love to do the Richard Petty drive thing. He loves speed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
GAH! Headaches suck. Isn't Cynthia a great listener and full of great perspective too! Glad you had each other that morning- I can't say enough good about ladies' trips!
Cynthia seriously rocked that morning. I can't think of a better person to have been around at the time! She really does have good perspective and she is so easy going and positive. It's contagious!!!!! I hope Cynthia and I will have the opportunity to room together in the future! 2012 Cynthia??? Are you listening????

I would love to do it, if it wasn't for the fact that I am a chicken!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 06-18-2011, 07:10 AM   #559
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Ugh, that headache sounds awful! I get really bad headaches too, I had one so bad last month, I thought I was going to die. Nothing I did helped. I don't even know what triggers my headaches, I'll be fine for weeks, then I'll get a terrible migraine and I'm useless.

I'm glad you had such a sympathetic roomie and that you started feeling better!

I'm not a big fan of the butterfly house during the F&G festival, but I'm deathly afraid of butterflies, so that's probably why!

I love that Epcot timeline, where is that?

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 06-18-2011, 08:06 AM   #560
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

What amazing Flower and Garden pictures!! So beautiful! What a great eye you have Mary Ellen!!!!

I felt so bad for you when I found out you had that headache and didn't get much sleep...it had been a rough week for you!!!!! UGHHH!!! Glad you were able to do some exploring on your own at your own pace!!

So I have to talk about my morning LOL that means finding pictures! I'm such a disorganized trip picture mess right now LOL!!!

Isn't BC wonderful!!!!! Love it there! Especially the smell as you walk in and it does have a lovely smell!!

Okay so I love that you posted pictures of EPCOT's timeline! I happily pointed out to Anita and Marc that I missed being born on the grand opening of EPCOT by 1 hr and 36 minutes!! However I do love that I am the same age as EPCOT and will happily spend my 30th birthday there in a couple of years LOL!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 06-18-2011, 08:48 AM   #561
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Looks like you had a great time at the Beach! Love that you brought Mickey along!!

So sorry about the headache. That stinks. But I did like the therapy you ultimately decided upon. In fact I've used it myself a few times since. I figure you are a health care professional so you know what works.

My morning? Hmm..... I'm not sure I remember. I know I went over to the MK b/c we had lunch planned at one of my very favorite spots!

Sometimes to get to the MK I just walk through Epcot and go over on the monorail but this time I tried the bus. Oy! It was crowded. I had to sprint to catch the bus and then wound up standing.

Now not sure about bus etiquette.... but the bus was completely packed. Those of us standing were getting quite close. And this woman let her ~4 year old keep his own seat. Maybe it's me but I just thought maybe she could have taken him on her lap for the ride and let another mom and a little one have a seat.

Got to the MK and headed straight to the Emporium where I bought a fair bit of anniversary merchandise. The magnets that look like the old school paper tickets, a mug, a journal, a t-shirt, the tote bag they were offering with purchase... I went a little crazy.

Down Main Street.

And then headed toward Frontierland.

I had been texting Jen and told her I was heading for Haunted Mansion. I thought the new queue was really cute!

For all my DISing I hadn't heard about some of the changes made inside. And it was such a fun surprise for me that I won't spoil it here. Although you're all probably well aware of the changes by now.

When I exited I was delighted to see Jen and Melissa waiting for me. From there I think we headed to Fantasyland. We were going to try Pooh but the line was too long. We went on IASW, checked out the construction, went over to Pirates. And then, I think it was time for lunch at....

No food pictures but I bet someone else has some. So yummy! Especially those thick steak fries. YUM!!!!!!!

Old 06-18-2011, 08:56 AM   #562
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I am surprised that they don't carry Children's Motrin at the resorts. I would think with all the kids that vacation there that would be a hot item. I guess it would be a good opportunity to learn to take the pills. I'm glad she recovered quickly. I hate to hear about kids not feeling well at Disney. That's just wrong!
I think they found it at the resort but that was over an hour after the headache started. They just couldn't find any at DTD.

There must be a first aide area at DTD, right? I bet they didn't check there.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:55 AM   #564
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post

Cynthia seriously rocked that morning. I can't think of a better person to have been around at the time! She really does have good perspective and she is so easy going and positive. It's contagious!!!!! I hope Cynthia and I will have the opportunity to room together in the future! 2012 Cynthia??? Are you listening????
Awww

The feeling is entirely mutual.

I am listening! I would love to as well Are we all still talking food and wine? Or are you talking about the June cruise? We just got an updated school calendar on Weds. They don't START until Sept 12 and get out June 22 so prices aside, that June cruise is really out for me now. I may book one for spring break though, I've got 3 options lined up to consider while we are onboard.

I hope to update later today as well as respond but it might be tomorrow. Crazy weekend, had the first part of Evan's 2nd degree international black belt test yesterday (written and fitness...he's upped himself to a solid 9 minute mile now!) following an all day work golf tournament and then a 6th grade graduation dinner and am off to the 2nd part of the test today followed by some HS graduation parties and a catch up on Kendall's soccer tournament which of course conflicts with Evan's test and Fathers Day tomorrow. But Evan passed last night with flying colors (many kids really struggled this go round) and Kendall's team won!

Still, it was a long day and today looks to be about the same. Hoping for a mellow night tonight.

Loving the beach pictures and your POR pics. I took a bazillion so need to weed through them for my update.
Old 06-18-2011, 11:17 AM   #565
manntra
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
So sorry about the headache. That stinks. But I did like the therapy you ultimately decided upon. In fact I've used it myself a few times since. I figure you are a health care professional so you know what works.

Down Main Street.
I agree...if ME says her therapy works then I am on board!!

Love the picture of the umbrellas and blue sky Same umbrellas they used in one of the HGTV episodes

Tracy
Old 06-18-2011, 12:42 PM   #566
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

I love this photo!! It's so cheerful!!

Do you know I have never eaten at the Plaza!! Why do you love it so much?? I really want to know!
Old 06-18-2011, 01:09 PM   #567
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great update and photos, Christine. We are with you -- the Plaza is a long time favorite and always our last meal of the trip. After all the heavy meals during the week on the dining plan, we really enjoy the laidback and simple food; and those french fries...all I can say is .

And the desserts aren't too shabby either!
Old 06-18-2011, 04:09 PM   #568
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

I too love that picture of the tables & umbrellas with the castle in the background - so colorful and happy, pretty much sums up what the MK is all about

I have yet to try the Plaza, sounds like I need to!
Old 06-18-2011, 05:10 PM   #569
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Hi Mary Ellen, almost caught up - Nice Beach pics - I love how you take a piece of Disney with you everywhere! Here in Oregon we call it the Coast. In calif. it's the beach. It could be because in Oregon it's mostly too cold and too rough to swim or hang out at - it's mostly for fishing and brisk walks.

I'm hoping your headache clears so you can enjoy the day - looking forward the the MK part of the trip

Edited to say All caught up now! Tracy, how fun that you got to meet up with your cousin. Can't believe she made you wear the hat!

Cynthia, great MK pics. Were you able to eat on the patio at the Plaza? It always seems to be roped off when we see it. Hope you get a little down time this weekend.

All this talk of headaches - I have learned it's usually due to hormones and natural progesterone goes a long way toward helping that without upsetting your natural balance. Just sayin'

Last edited by MAGICFOR2; 06-18-2011 at 05:31 PM.
Old 06-18-2011, 08:31 PM   #570
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post

Walked through the shops checking out the Anniversary merchandise.....oddly didn't buy as much as I thought I would have

Me either

Quote:
Wanted to check out the HM queue but it was a bit too long....I didn't have a lot of time in the park so I headed over to Space Mountain for a quick ride.
That's exactly what happened to me with HM

Quote:
Saw my cousin and her husband right away seated in one of the comfy chairs in the lobby. We hugged and chatted before heading over to Beaches and Cream for lunch. I think we all had cheeseburgers. Sooooooooo good!! I have only been there once before when I stayed at BC a few years ago. There were two tables that got the Kitchen Sink while we were there. I never did pay attention to see if they finished them.
One of these days I need to actually go in there and sit down!

Quote:
I headed down to the quiet pool around the same time as ME. She was over in the shade presently in therapy
Quote:

Tracy
I think the therapy was very effective!

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Awww

back at you Liesa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post

Sometimes to get to the MK I just walk through Epcot and go over on the monorail but this time I tried the bus. Oy! It was crowded. I had to sprint to catch the bus and then wound up standing.

Now not sure about bus etiquette.... but the bus was completely packed. Those of us standing were getting quite close. And this woman let her ~4 year old keep his own seat. Maybe it's me but I just thought maybe she could have taken him on her lap for the ride and let another mom and a little one have a seat.

Got to the MK and headed straight to the Emporium where I bought a fair bit of anniversary merchandise. The magnets that look like the old school paper tickets, a mug, a journal, a t-shirt, the tote bag they were offering with purchase... I went a little crazy.

Down Main Street.

And then headed toward Frontierland.

I had been texting Jen and told her I was heading for Haunted Mansion. I thought the new queue was really cute!

For all my DISing I hadn't heard about some of the changes made inside. And it was such a fun surprise for me that I won't spoil it here. Although you're all probably well aware of the changes by now.
Great pictures C! I'm still clueless on the Hm changes so thank you for not spoiling! It's a must do on the next trip!

That bus ride does not sound fun at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Hi Mary Ellen, almost caught up - Nice Beach pics - I love how you take a piece of Disney with you everywhere! Here in Oregon we call it the Coast. In calif. it's the beach. It could be because in Oregon it's mostly too cold and too rough to swim or hang out at - it's mostly for fishing and brisk walks.

I'm hoping your headache clears so you can enjoy the day - looking forward the the MK part of the trip

Edited to say All caught up now! Tracy, how fun that you got to meet up with your cousin. Can't believe she made you wear the hat!

Cynthia, great MK pics. Were you able to eat on the patio at the Plaza? It always seems to be roped off when we see it. Hope you get a little down time this weekend.

All this talk of headaches - I have learned it's usually due to hormones and natural progesterone goes a long way toward helping that without upsetting your natural balance. Just sayin'
Those are Christine's pics, I haven't done my update yet! And yep, it's the coast here too. If you say the beach you are headed to SoCal, Hawaii or somewhere really warm. It's either the coast, or the lake (and the lake can refer to any of many lol).

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: