Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2011, 07:30 PM   #541
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_stace View Post
Oh Mary Ellen....What a rotten feeling! A couple of years ago my DBFF got a really really bad flu bug while we were there and she didn't leave the room for a couple of days. She was so upset. I know it leaves you feeling somewhat helpless and you need a lot of pixie dust to get out of it! But I'm glad you did and were at least able to spend some quiet time at Epcot! Your photos were lovely (as usual)

I!
Oh that would have been awful to have the flu! Way worse than a 16 hr headache! And, you're right - I did enjoy some quiet time at Epcot and I did enjoy taking pix. glad you like them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_stace View Post
I also remember the butterfly area being super hot last spring. But it was worth it! So pretty! At least now you've seen it and you don't have to go back if you don't want to!
It really was so pretty in there. It's definitely a first thing in the morning or later in the evening thing. Midday must be killer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe770 View Post
So sorry about your headache. I think the worst migraine I have ever had I got while I was at Dutch Wonderland with a friend and our kids. NOT the place to be with a migraine. I never said a word to anyone about the headache but could not wait to lay down in the dark w ice on my head and take some strong meds.
Ughhhh - that must have been horrible! Definitely not the place you want to be with a headache! I bet you didn't go on the roller coaster there. That thing really shakes you up. Fun - Yes. With a migraine -NEVER! Well - you are a good mom for sticking that out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe770 View Post
Oh and I moved to DE from Jersey and it's definitely THE BEACH!
Thank you!

BTW - have a great time if you do go to THE BEACH tomorrow! It's supposed to be good weather and rain on Sunday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Another great update. I haven't been to Rehobeth in years. My godparents live in the D.C. area and owned a house there for awhile and we visited them. Hard to believe that just down in Delaware in was that warm in mid-May that so many people were at the beach already!
I don't think its changed all the much. At least not in the city limits. The outskirts on Route 1 have built up immensely over the years. It really is a nice vacation spot. I am definitely plotting my return.

Quote:

That's too bad about the headache. I used to get migraines frequently when I was younger and then they stopped for a long time. I've been getting pretty bad headaches again recently. Don't know why. Luckily Excedrin migraine takes care of it most of the time. How horrible to feel so bad you almost went to the ED. I'm sorry.
I learned about Excedrin Migraine on this trip. Cynthia told me about it. It is now my "go to" headache remedy. Love it!

As far as the ED - yeah - I just really wanted that headache gone. In the middle of the night it seemed like a good option, but I'm glad I didn't go for it.

Quote:

You did take some beautiful shots of EPCOT, though. The flowers are beautiful. And I'm so excited to hear that CMs at BC are so wonderful!
Thanks! And, yes, I thought the CMs were that wonderful. Right down to the guys where I checked my luggage for ME. They asked me how everything was and I told them they were the nicest people on the planet. Talk about beaming from ear to ear. They seemed genuinely concerned about what I thought!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
UGH....so sorry about the headache and not feeling, ME. The last place you want to feel unwell is Disney. Your pictures are just breathtaking, as always.
You know Kathy - it could have been so much worse, so I am just happy I was able to get out to a park for a few hours. The day wasn't a total wash. Glad you like the pix.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 06-17-2011, 07:41 PM   #542
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by John's Mom View Post
I was born and raised in Delaware and we went to the Jersey shore every summer. When I got older, we occasionally visited the Delaware beaches.

Kathy
Well put Kathy - I love that!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Awwww MEK so sorry about your poor head. I used to suffer from migraines....the aura beforehand....ughhhh don't even want to think about them

Well, then you totally understand how I was feeling. It was not wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post

Here I am with my cousin and my Oklahoma hat that she made me wear

Soon enough it was time for them to check in for the driving experience so we parted ways and I ran (well not really ran more like took the elevator) upstairs to change into my bathing suit.
I headed down to the quiet pool around the same time as ME. She was over in the shade presently in therapy

Tracy
I forgot you visited your cousin. I'm so glad you posted this! That's a great pix of the two of you. Love it!

Ahh - yes - therapy!!!!! Or Alternative Medicine as I am now calling it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
WE are going to be one of those tables with a kitchen sink this November- should be interesting...Pods detests bananas and Timmy only likes vanilla ice cream with sprinkles...while Sean will only eat chocolate. I plan to claim as much hot fudge & peanut butter topping as I can, myself.

I sure hope Tyler's hungry that day!!
I'd like to see this in person! How much of each thing can each person eat before it all turns into mush! Good Luck to Tyler doing clean up duty!!!!!

Quote:
How did your cousin like Richard Petty?
I'm curious about this myself, although I think I am too much of a woos to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
You know I love that hat your cousin made you wear Tracy! Go Sooners

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-17-2011, 07:41 PM   #543
manntra
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Tracy!

WE are going to be one of those tables with a kitchen sink this November- should be interesting...Pods detests bananas and Timmy only likes vanilla ice cream with sprinkles...while Sean will only eat chocolate. I plan to claim as much hot fudge & peanut butter topping as I can, myself.

I sure hope Tyler's hungry that day!!

How did your cousin like Richard Petty?
Hey there chica
I made another appearance with C at B&C later in the week and had another cheeseburger this time followed by a no way Jose

Laurie loved the Richard Petty experience. She did one a few years ago at Daytona as a ride along in a NASCAR car. This time was supposed to be a ride along in an Indy car but the ride along car was broken so she "had" to drive herself That's the only way I would want to do it. I drive fast like an idiot and have control issues one of these days I'll do it too

Tracy
Old 06-17-2011, 07:43 PM   #544
manntra
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
You know I love that hat your cousin made you wear Tracy! Go Sooners
I KNEW you would love the hat!!! I thought of you when she gave it to me

Tracy
Old 06-17-2011, 07:45 PM   #545
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Oh no... I'm sorry about the headache!! My friend, who was at Disney during the same week as us in Feb/March, was with her two girls at DTD when her oldest (12) got her first migraine! Not knowing Disney all that well, they took the bus back to POR rather than grabbing a cab. Turns out our resort (and rental car) were just a short drive away from DTD & I could have helped her out. Unfortunately, she didn't want to "bother" me! I felt so bad for all of them. I hope you were feeling better soon!
Ahh - your poor friend. One thing I learned is that if you are in the parks and you feel sick and go to the infirmary, they will arrange a ride home for you. I had that experience once, but I won't go there right now. Getting your first migraine is such a drag. I hope your friend's daughter recovered quickly!

Old 06-17-2011, 07:47 PM   #546
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Believe In Magic View Post
Oh Mary Ellen, your poor head!!! I am glad to hear the day does redeem itself, but that stinks that you were miserable in the first place.

GREAT pics!!!
Thanks! Yes - the day did redeem itself after a little pool therapy and alternative medicine! And, like I said, it could have been a lot worse. Way worse.

Glad you like the pix!!!!

Old 06-17-2011, 08:06 PM   #547
3sweetpeas
Mouseketeer

Quote:
How much of each thing can each person eat before it all turns into mush!
We did this in March and it wasn't the best. I think possibly the icecream wasn't very frozen to begin with but it was mush before we even started. My picky group turned their noses up at it pretty quickly. The whole presentation was fun though. They got a kick out of it
Old 06-17-2011, 09:05 PM   #549
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sweetpeas View Post
We did this in March and it wasn't the best. I think possibly the icecream wasn't very frozen to begin with but it was mush before we even started. My picky group turned their noses up at it pretty quickly. The whole presentation was fun though. They got a kick out of it
Every time I see pictures of it on the boards it looks like it turns into mush pretty quickly. Maybe they don't freeze it really well because they can scoop it out quicker. I remember from back in my friendly days that the hardest ice cream was almost impossible to scoop. That could be a problem in Disney. Cool that you tried it. It does look like fun!

Old 06-17-2011, 09:12 PM   #550
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Add my concern for your poor head with everybody's. If you had my kind of therapy you did all right! Usually I try a stiff drink on the theory that it may not kill the pain, but after a few I don't give a s@#t!

I like the pix of the not commonly known spots.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Old 06-17-2011, 09:14 PM   #551
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Ahh - your poor friend. One thing I learned is that if you are in the parks and you feel sick and go to the infirmary, they will arrange a ride home for you. I had that experience once, but I won't go there right now. Getting your first migraine is such a drag. I hope your friend's daughter recovered quickly!
The other problem they had was trying to find Children's Advil. My friend finds that if she takes Advil right away (at first signs of vision problems) it helps a lot so she wanted to do the same for her daughter, but they couldn't find any! They got a late start the next day, but it didn't ruin the vacation.

Good tip about going to the infirmary!
Old 06-17-2011, 09:18 PM   #552
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post

Notice Pennsylvania and Jersey people that we call it THE BEACH, NOT THE SHORE! Technically you are going to sit your rump on THE BEACH! I actually had a little trouble switching over when I moved from PA to DE, but I can know see the error of my past ways.

I was behind quite a few posts, getting caught up now. Looks like you had a nice day at Rehobeth beach. I grew up in Philly and we always called it going "down the shore" when we would go to places in NJ like Wildwood or Ocean City, but when we got there, we went to "the beach" during the day to swim.

Sorry about your headache, I know it stinks to not feel good on Vacation.

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
Old 06-17-2011, 11:01 PM   #553
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Great pictures from the beach. I wish I lived close to a "real" beach, and not just lakes, or the manmade sand pool at our local county park (which is great, but it's not the beach!). Sounds like a fun weekend.

Oh - the dreaded headache! I have a lot of sinus issues and frequently have sinus headaches. I never go anywhere with out sudafed and aleve or advil with me. I'm sorry you didn't get to do all you planned, but at least your day wasn't spent at the ER! And you got more cool pictures!

Tracy - how fun that you got to meet up with your cousin! That's a great picture of the two of you. I heard the DIS unplugged do a review of the Richard Petty thing. I think someday my DH might like that. He's a car nut and likes to drive fast too.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:43 PM   #554
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Nice update, Tracy. Glad you got to spend time with your cousin before they headed over the Petty Experience. You reminded me yet again that we have NOT been to Beaches & Cream and we have to get there one of these days.
Old 06-18-2011, 12:48 AM   #555
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

The beach sounded wonderful. Here is South Louisianan we don't know what the shore is? We go to the beach, of course since we don't have beaches here only marshes we have to go to Mississippi, Alabama or Florida.

Mary Ellen I'm so sorry your headache left you feeling so bad. But it does sound like you found the right "medicine" to get you back on track, of course resting always helps too.

Still loving your pictures! I was showing them to DH since we're suppose to stay at POR in Feb. He said you're a great photographer.

Tracy sounds like you had a great morning. How neat to meet your cousin in Disney. My DH would love to do the Richard Petty drive thing. He loves speed.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: