Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2011, 01:56 PM   #452
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

Mary Ellen,
I hope Brian's Graduation goes great tonight. I know you'll take lots of pictures. Try not to cry too much.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2011, 07:36 PM   #453
sunny_stace
DIS Veteran

I love the little English teddy bears! I might need to take some home! I do have a weakness for stuffed animals...
Old 06-08-2011, 08:49 PM   #454
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

MEK- think you will love OKW! . You know what holds first place in my heart but i really like OKW. Such a value and so much room!

Hope you enjoy graduation!

T - i think we find a bench and prank call the phone booths in Oct!

Great pics, Cynthia!

Old 06-09-2011, 09:42 PM   #455
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post

ME...I would go for OKW....I just added on my first night there for October...you can't beat it for the points! I was going to fly in early Saturday am but I figured why not fly in later on Friday..stay at OKW and head over to DTD for some EOS and shopping for the night before moving over to BCV in the am. Brilliant right?!
I'm actually getting excited about OKW now. That's because I love trying new resorts. You will have to let me know what you think after you stay there in October. Yes - I think your plan is definitely brilliant. It's smart to get your shopping in early!

Quote:
Awww great character pictures!!
I love our character pictures. I wish we had more!!!!

Quote:
I added the phone numbers to my iPhone...we'll be having some fun in October with the F&W patrons

Tracy
Yes - I think you will. With 5 numbers to choose from you will be quite busy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Great pics! Love the photopass ones and the ones taken at the phone booths and of the shopping trip!
Thanks! I think we really hit character pay dirt that day. Calling the phone booths was really funny! Just like being a little kid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
This is a very disapproving-looking teddy bear.
You are so right on that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilla View Post
You NEVER know. There's a water tower over by the community college that has been covered up with "refurb tarp", and I'm starting to speculate...
I totally cracked up when I read this at work!!!!! Well, if anyone will be the first to know about, it will be Denny's mother who lives up there. She knows everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
Mary Ellen,
I hope Brian's Graduation goes great tonight. I know you'll take lots of pictures. Try not to cry too much.
Thanks. The graduation was very nice, but we got there late. We were trying to wait for Nick to get home to go with us. By the time we got there we ended up with bleacher seats and a terrible view. Oh well. It was a nice ceremony and one of Brian's classmates sang a song she wrote. That was really a highlight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_stace View Post
I love the little English teddy bears! I might need to take some home! I do have a weakness for stuffed animals...
Those little teddy bears are so cute! Well, maybe except for the disapproving one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
MEK- think you will love OKW! . You know what holds first place in my heart but i really like OKW. Such a value and so much room!
Have you stayed there? And, yes, I know what holds a spot in your heart. I hope I don't miss it to much on my next stay. It really was a great resort.

Quote:
Hope you enjoy graduation!
Thanks. It was very nice. Because it was a small class they got to say a little bit about each kid. That was nice.

Quote:

T - i think we find a bench and prank call the phone booths in Oct!
Especially after you have had a couple drinks!

Quote:
Great pics, Cynthia!
agreed!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 06-10-2011, 09:17 AM   #457
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Hey all checking in from Vero Beach!!! WHAT A GORGEOUS RESORT!!! It is amazing and the beach oh the beach is so delightful!!!!!!

LOL I was tempted while waiting for Illuminations to bust out my phone and start calling those booths...but I didn't!! I know I'll be making some calls when I get back there in the next couple of days!

About the hat, I have seen it at Mousegears, World of Disney, and the Main Street Emporium, so I know its out there!! I love it, it has become the perfect pool/beach hat!!!

MEK congrats on Brian's graduation!!!!! What a great milestone for him and for you!! Glad it was a very nice ceremony!!

OH and congrats on OKW! Right now that is where we are booked for Oct! If it stays that way I will take a ton of pics for you LOL!! I have heard great things about OKW!!! So I'm excited about that!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 06-10-2011, 09:48 AM   #458
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Cynthia, thanks for sharing the Photopass pictures -- they are awesome. You guys sure look like you were having a blast. I can't believe you've never been to that part of England and didn't know Tigger and Pooh (and sometimes Eeyore) were there. It's my favorite spot to get my pic taken with my favorite characters.
Old 06-10-2011, 04:42 PM   #459
I Believe In Magic
Mouseketeer

Cynthia~ Great Photopass pics, I have been debating buying the cd for our upcoming trip and I think I will now. I forgot how great they look! You ladies are really having a great time and it shows in those pictures!

I also did not know Pooh and Tigger were back there!!! I will be visiting them soon!!!

Melissa~ I love too and I always get a solo pic with him after we do the family one.

Jen~ thanks for the tip on where to get the hat! I never wear a hat because well I think I look silly on them but I know how hot it's going to be and that one is way too cute.

Ok what did I miss.....OH Mary Ellen!! OKW is so much fun, we love it there! We stayed in a 2BR villa a couple years ago and really liked it. You will want to get a cab to go get groceries though, we bought a few things at the little gift shop/store and seriously I would rather spend 8.00 on a fun drink at Epcot than a 6 slice pack of Kraft singles. LOL
So you will love it!!!

Ok off to read more.....sorry to whomever I forgot. This TR needs notes taken while reading......!

Old 06-10-2011, 04:56 PM   #460
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
more photopass

I think she was excited to go see him (he's her fav!)

I love this dress. So cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Hey all checking in from Vero Beach!!! WHAT A GORGEOUS RESORT!!! It is amazing and the beach oh the beach is so delightful!!!!!!

Quote:

Isn't it beautiful there. I love it. So tropical. Everything is so close, yet it feels so spread out. I am so glad you are enjoying your stay there.

Quote:

LOL I was tempted while waiting for Illuminations to bust out my phone and start calling those booths...but I didn't!! I know I'll be making some calls when I get back there in the next couple of days!

!

Let me know how it goes for you. I sort of chickened out when it came time to call. I was afraid people would know it was me.

Quote:

About the hat, I have seen it at Mousegears, World of Disney, and the Main Street Emporium, so I know its out there!! I love it, it has become the perfect pool/beach hat!!!

That's good to know because you fat clearly has a lot of fans!!!!!

Quote:

MEK congrats on Brian's graduation!!!!! What a great milestone for him and for you!! Glad it was a very nice ceremony!!

OH and congrats on OKW! Right now that is where we are booked for Oct! If it stays that way I will take a ton of pics for you LOL!! I have heard great things about OKW!!! So I'm excited about that!!!
Thanks Jen. We are all very happy the diploma was actually IN the folder. No hidden surprises.

I am very excited about OKW, so make sure you take tons of pix. Can't wait to see them.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 06-10-2011, 07:29 PM   #461
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Cynthia, thanks for sharing the Photopass pictures -- they are awesome. You guys sure look like you were having a blast. I can't believe you've never been to that part of England and didn't know Tigger and Pooh (and sometimes Eeyore) were there. It's my favorite spot to get my pic taken with my favorite characters.
Well, I don't know about the other ladies, but I did not know about the characters in England. Of course, I can never get Denny or the kids to take character shots with me, so that's not surprising!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Believe In Magic View Post
Cynthia~ Great Photopass pics, I have been debating buying the cd for our upcoming trip and I think I will now. I forgot how great they look! You ladies are really having a great time and it shows in those pictures!

I don't think you can go wrong the photopass CD. One trip Denny and I went by ourselves for 4 nights. We really didn't have enough pix for the CD, but we had a calendar made and I think it was $30 well spent.

Quote:

I also did not know Pooh and Tigger were back there!!! I will be visiting them soon!!!

Melissa~ I love too and I always get a solo pic with him after we do the family one.

Quote:

Ok what did I miss.....OH Mary Ellen!! OKW is so much fun, we love it there! We stayed in a 2BR villa a couple years ago and really liked it. You will want to get a cab to go get groceries though, we bought a few things at the little gift shop/store and seriously I would rather spend 8.00 on a fun drink at Epcot than a 6 slice pack of Kraft singles. LOL
So you will love it!!!

Ok off to read more.....sorry to whomever I forgot. This TR needs notes taken while reading......!

I would love to stay in a 2BR. We haven't been in a 2BR since last May (2010) and I miss all the room. We are just renting a studio at OKW, but I think it will be fine for the 3 of us. I wanted a 1 BR, but I won't revisit that right now. Just didn't make sense because we really won't know if Nick can go until the last minute. We will also have a car so groceries will not be a problem. Denny has never used Disney transportation. Yes, he is a car snob.

Quote:
Jen~ thanks for the tip on where to get the hat! I never wear a hat because well I think I look silly on them but I know how hot it's going to be and that one is way too cute.
That hat is way cute!

Old 06-10-2011, 07:54 PM   #462
MEK
DIS Veteran

Ladies - I know I should do an update tonight. I've had it planned all week, and yet I don't think its gonna happen. We took Brian out to dinner tonight for graduation. We didn't go after the actual graduation because it was over at 9pm and, well, Denny and I ARE working parents. So tonight we went out early. We really wanted to beat the crowds. We went to a local Mexican place that has decent food. I asked for a "real" margarita. I got the rita with the 1800 tequila, grand marnier, and contreau. But then she poured that regular syrupy green mix rita stuff into it. I almost gagged. It is just not the same as the Ditch. Sheesh. I have become a rita snob. Well, at least the alcohol was good.

Brian is heading to the beach tomorrow for senior week. Great. You know what that means - 14 boys in a house and probably lots of drinking. Nick and I are actually spending the night in Rehobeth beach on Tuesday, so we will pick him up and we'll go out to dinner with LJ (Little John - for those who remember) and his family. I am looking forward to a little overnight at the beach. I invited Nick's GF to go with us. I figure I can share a room with her and Nick can stay with my brother. Nick has been dating the same girl since fall. They see each other at school, but rarely on the weekends. She seems nice enough.

Tomorrow I am singing a wedding. It's a fairly easy one with not a ton of songs, but I do have to get up early to practice Ave Maria. It's an 11am wedding and its Disney Money. After that, I promise an update.

I am working diligently on my December ADRs. I pretty much scrapped the idea of a non park trip. They whole new Star Wars ride was the clincher for me. I must ride that ride.

So the ADRs I am thinking of so far are:

Liberty Tree Tavern (lunch)
California Grill (dinner)
Sci Fi Dine In (lunch)
La Hacienda or Rose & Crown (dinner for Illuminations viewing)
Yak & Yeti (lunch) I really need to eat here. It never seems to work out.
Artist Point or Citricos (dinner)
Rose & Crown or Coral Reef or Teppan Edo (lunch)

Nillas meal at Coral Reef looked really good, so it makes me want to try it. R&C would be a good lunch stop if we do La Hacienda for dinner. Then, of course, I will always have a fondness for Teppan Edo.

We are staying 5 nights, but we are going to do the Dx DP for 3 nights. That will cover 4 evenings of meals. I want to take Nick to a couple signature places because he loves food. I know he will love the Cali Grill. For our second signature I am torn between AP, Citricos, or the Yachtsman Steakhouse. I love the AP ambiance, but I would love to visit the GF at christmas. And, of course, the Yachtsman is all about the steak and that is Nick's fav. Decisions Decisions. HELP! One night we will pay OOP for a CS meal and go to MK. So I figure, since we are arriving so late on the first night, we will only have to pay OPP for 2 meals if we do the DxDP for 3 nights. Arrival night will be Chik-fil-a at the airport!

Old 06-10-2011, 08:39 PM   #463
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

I vote AP. I ate at Citricos last month and I was disappointed. AP was fantastic. Yachtsman was good but AP is my favorite and the WL is fabulous at Christmas!

Jill in CO
Old 06-11-2011, 05:39 AM   #464
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I vote AP. I ate at Citricos last month and I was disappointed. AP was fantastic. Yachtsman was good but AP is my favorite and the WL is fabulous at Christmas!

Jill in CO
Thanks for your vote Jill! I love AP. I had an awesome meal there during our anniversary trip and it would be nice to visit WL since I changed our reservation. It's my number one choice right now, so thanks! I haven't tried Citricos or Yachtsman yet. If it was just Denny and I, I think I would go for citricos. But I think Nick will really love AP and he's never really been to the WL.

Old 06-11-2011, 06:32 AM   #465
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Ooh, yum! Your ADRs sound delish. I vote La Hacienda for dinner ( although now that we've been spoiled w/ the view we had in May it is going to be tough to accept another table!) and R&C for lunch (view is still great during the day!)

Of AP, Citricos or Yactsman, I've only been to Yachtsman so I won't be much help there. If I were basing it purely on resort to visit I'd say AP so you can get to WL and that resort is at its best in Dec!

No matter what you choose it will be great. I am also really excited about Star Tours!

Have fun at the wedding today!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: